http://www.facepunch.com/threads/105...-Synth-Ragdoll

Added new animations

enhanced the textures
    before

after

im animating with nulls so if I can find time to work on movement i will

EDIT

obtained a copy of 3ds max 2010
    now animating with IK joints MUCH BETTER :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,166 Posts
    If you can make an NPC out of this you'd be a winner in my book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2008
    1,588 Posts
    An npc with thus would be pretty awesome. Liking the improved textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Give it a good ol' rub
    November 2008
    3,882 Posts
    Now we need Silverlan to make it to a snpc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,166 Posts
    Now we need Silverlan to make it to a snpc
    I think he's done with HL:R. Moved onto that other project of his.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Damn, I'm liking the textures, atleast somone is bothered about creating a Crab Synth ragdoll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Call me Rantis
    May 2010
    864 Posts
    turns out the textures in the retail half life 2 are actually thumbnails of the original textures that were in the hl2 beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    turns out the textures in the retail half life 2 are actually thumbnails of the original textures that were in the hl2 beta
    Interesting find, it seems that the original Crab Synth has a HL2 style and the updated one has a EP2 standard to it. If you know what I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2010
    11,740 Posts
    Holy shit, this is awesome. Thanks, my only complaint before were the textures and now it's much better!

(A working NPC would be just incredible if anyone wanted to make it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Call me Rantis
    May 2010
    864 Posts
    Interesting find, it seems that the original Crab Synth has a HL2 style and the updated one has a EP2 standard to it. If you know what I mean.
    what I also noticed upon looking at the synth.mdl in the beta/leak in a hex editor (since its too old for the leaks hlmv) was that the beta synth also had a four direction walk (A_walkS a_walkN etc) animation which isent in retail this would be immensely helpful but seeing as there is no way to decompile or even open older leak models without writing a program I cant use them

it was probably removed to make room for the current walk sequence which i suspect was created soley for that scene in the citidel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2010
    11,740 Posts
    what I also noticed upon looking at the synth.mdl in the beta/leak in a hex editor (since its too old for the leaks hlmv) was that the beta synth also had a four direction walk (A_walkS a_walkN etc) animation which isent in retail this would be immensely helpful but seeing as there is no way to decompile or even open older leak models without writing a program I cant use them

it was probably removed to make room for the current walk sequence which i suspect was created soley for that scene in the citidel
    It probably was as it seems to be that Valve never intended it for use as an enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    fug
    September 2009
    385 Posts
    Speak to Skidz or Scart (Prozak) for dem Leak animations!

Edit gj, look forward to the finished product, I still have to make a map for this npc to Star in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    294 Posts
    How far in development is this? It's coming out great so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    three wieners
    August 2009
    908 Posts
    Bloody brilliant, mate! Hope to see someone make an NPC soon

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    2,610 Posts
    Very nice!

16. Post #16

July 2013
    12 Posts
    *still no idea how to delete comments so i'll stick to those*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

17. Post #17

July 2013
    12 Posts
    *deleted comment*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

18. Post #18
    a chance to win an xbox one in every packet!
    September 2013
    1,884 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)