1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,236 Posts
    (I rushed out thread title, it should say "Steam does not have any preorder bonuses for portal 2")

After recent news about russian and another versions of the game that have some preorder bonuses like co-op skins and cool stuff like stickers I started to regret pre-purchasing it on Steam.
    I mean, why random suppliers get random cool stuff, yet Steam, Valve's main supplier, does not have anything. Not even (duh) TF2 hat. Portal for free? Wow come on, who does not have it? It was even free some time before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 36Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2011
    215 Posts
    I agree, but no shop where I live had it as a pre-order with a bonus anyways, so I just took the €10 discount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2009
    1,840 Posts
    After recent news about russian and another versions of the game that have some preorder bonuses like co-op skins and cool stuff like stickers I started to regret pre-purchasing it on Steam.
    I mean, why random suppliers get random cool stuff, yet Steam, Valve's main supplier, does not have anything. Not even (duh) TF2 hat. Portal for free? Wow come on, who does not have it? It was even free some time before.
    ...What. If you're saying something about how Steam doesn't get preorder bonuses, it does, sometimes more than physical copies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,356 Posts
    He wants to know why you can't get something unique with a steam purchase compared to a retail purchase. I.e. The Gamestop portal models.

Getting portal 1 for free isn't much of a big deal as it was released free to keep and is fairly outdated by portal twos standards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

5. Post #5
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    That's because valve knows they don't need any bonuses to get steam preorders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,145 Posts
    That's because valve knows they don't need any bonuses to get steam preorders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    561 Posts
    After recent news about russian and another versions of the game that have some preorder bonuses like co-op skins and cool stuff like stickers...
    just quick info. All this stuff in russian copies of Portal 2 is not preorder-only. It's all going to be in retail copies.

8. Post #8
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,228 Posts
    The Steam pre-order bonuses are TF2 hats

I'm calling it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 42Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    I thought it was quite blatant there's going to be a TF2 tie-in, due to that interview?

Edited:

Also, why does a crappy pre-order reskin matter?

10. Post #10
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    The Steam pre-order bonuses are TF2 hats

I'm calling it
    Portal 2 badges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,490 Posts
    Pre-order bonus's of ingame items are my current most hated thing I don't mind if its a soundtrack CD or a voucher but denying ingame content is an immediate turn off to the game and my reason for not purchasing dragon age 2 until it drops significantly in price I will not pay full price for a product that is missing bits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,236 Posts
    just quick info. All this stuff in russian copies of Portal 2 is not preorder-only. It's all going to be in retail copies.
    My bad. "Everything except steam preorder gets something" meaning still fits.

13. Post #13
    July 2007
    1,800 Posts
    You guys forgot that portal pin for TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    If you preordered the Orange Box you got to play TF2 beta until it got released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,236 Posts
    You guys forgot that portal pin for TF2.
    I think there is three possible outcomes for this:
    1. Portal Pin will be given to all P2 players, lowering it's TF2 value to zero.
    2. Portal Pin will be given for those who preordered P2 (good outcome)
    3. Portal Pin will remain betatesters-only

Edited:

If you preordered the Orange Box you got to play TF2 beta until it got released.
    I actually did it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,250 Posts
    Early demo access to Portal 2
    Hopefully
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,050 Posts
    It's because retailers pay valve to have exclusive pre-order bonuses so that people will want to buy from them rather than Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,236 Posts
    It's because retailers pay valve to have exclusive pre-order bonuses so that people will want to buy from them rather than Steam.
    Well that sucks. First exclusive pre-order bonuses, then exclusive console content and bullshit like that.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,092 Posts
    Early demo access to Portal 2
    Hopefully
    You mean Portal 1 right because that is your demo. Valve has already said it would take too much time to make a Portal 2 demo.

So take your pick, delay Portal 2 for another 2-3 months or download it on the 18th.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,371 Posts
    No games should even have Pre-order bonuses, ever.

It promotes customers to rush out and pay the full price for a game that isn't even out yet instead of waiting for price drops a week after release, DLC is another retarded thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,924 Posts

It promotes customers to rush out and pay the full price for a game that isn't even out yet instead of waiting for price drops a week after release, DLC is another retarded thing
    HOW DARE CAPITALISM WORK!

/c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,153 Posts
    HOW DARE CAPITALISM WORK!

/c
    In Soviet Russia, game releases store!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,092 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 18Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts

MW2 Has been out since 09, no price drops.

And DLC.

KOTICK :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I would like more, but I'm fine with the cheaper price for reordering.

26. Post #26
    August 2008
    1,453 Posts

And DLC.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts

And DLC.

MW2 is a bad game though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

28. Post #28
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,409 Posts

not everyone wants to wait a week to play the game though?

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,342 Posts
    Lol bad gayme cuz croud sayz so!11

I played it on the free weekend thing, honestly if you unlock the console, it's a really really fun game. I actually started looking into getting a copy for cheap, because I actually want to play it again, badly. But, for some reason, a two year old game doesn't seem to get a price drop. Where as a game that's a few weeks old get's a massive 50% price cut (NFS 2010).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts
    I know, but just pointing out douchebag Kotick's moves.

Edited:

I played it on the free weekend thing, honestly if you unlock the console, it's a really really fun game. I actually started looking into getting a copy for cheap, because I actually want to play it again, badly. But, for some reason, a two year old game doesn't seem to get a price drop. Where as a game that's a few weeks old get's a massive 50% price cut (NFS 2010).
    EA reduces PC prices and only PC prices. Why? Nobody plays on PC.

I got BC2 when it was $50. A month later it dropped to $20. But it stayed $50 on Xbox/PS3. Same with L4D.

31. Post #31
    November 2007
    576 Posts
    Valve fans are so used to cheap games that they think getting one for free is equal to nothing at all. That, and they value skins worth more than an entire game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts

Sorry you missed the part where what I said was my opinion, regardless of it being shared with many people.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,047 Posts
    Valve probably gets paid to make custom content for the stores, and since they own Steam, who cares. They still get money from all the retail units sold. And Preorder bonuses are bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,342 Posts
    Sorry you missed the part where what I said was my opinion, regardless of it being shared with many people.
    I assumed you were band-wagoning. Sorry.

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,717 Posts
    Chances are that the skins are gay and the pc version will have something better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    I assumed you were band-wagoning. Sorry.
    Nope, the bandwagon is pretty dead anyway. People realised CoD sucks without the bandwagon's help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #37
    Buy Some Apples
    March 2009
    1,153 Posts
    Its 10 bucks off ONLY on the Pc, even at a retailer. So I guess thats our bonus? But then again, you get the bot skins at gamestop and 10 bucks off aswell.

38. Post #38
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,117 Posts
    Well I am sure we are going to get the Portal Pin.
    Actually, I am more concerned I get anything as I pre-ordered from The Hut (cause they are a lot cheaper).

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    Id like a portal pin mailed to me.

40. Post #40
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,799 Posts
    I thought that steam's 10% off was good enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)