* Players can choose from a list of songs to stream while playing on the server.
* Administrators can stream a song to all players
* Players may choose to ignore server-wide songs
* Volume control for songs playing
* Server-side song queue is preserved through map changes
* Nomination system to allow non-admins to vote on songs to stream to all players. (optional)
* Easy to use web interface allows server owners to add and delete songs. Changes take effect immediately.
* Installs in just a few minutes
* Password protected web-interface
* New: Players playing songs locally can enable Radio Mode to play a new song after the current song finishes
* New: Quicksearch allows players to easily find a song they want to play
* New: Easy to customize options including keybinds, sources, nomination limits, and more
* Web readable directory on a webserver
* PHP5 with sqlite
Installation Tutorial Video
One of the drawbacks of previous versions of WolfDJ was the installation of the web-side code. Here's a simple video showing how easy version 3.0 is to install.
I've had enough requests to put it back up recently that I decided to go ahead and release the current version of WolfDJ that I've been using on my own servers for a while.
It boasts a few new features, and I've also completely redone the web-side code to be easier to install and manage.
Let me know if there are any bugs that need fixing or feature you'd like added.
Props to Skapocalypse for his original gStream which both inspired me to get this started, and served as the basis for version 1.
Also thanks to the developers of WordPress Audio Player for the flash that drives the player. http://wpaudioplayer.com/
JumpLoader is used for the file uploads. http://jumploader.com/
Note: If you are encountering errors, be sure that you are using the latest revision
Internal Server Error
You messed up the htaccess file. The most common problem is an invalid path to the htpasswd file. It must be an absolute path from the root. Jailed users may have trouble with this, but it is usually /home/your-username/path/to/wolfdj/admin/.htpasswd
Something about can't find sqlite blah blah blah
You don't have sqlite installed. You should fix that or it won't work.
None of my files will upload!
You haven't set the permissions for the limbo and music folders. Make sure your webserver has permissions to write to it.
I think I did forget to mention that in the video. My apologies. Setting them to chmod 775 is usually fine.
magic_quotes messes up a lot of stuff
There is a php setting called magic_quotes that messes up quite a lot of functions. It autoescapes all form data. The result is that strings get double escaped when inserted into the DB, since I am also manually escaping them. Therefore, if you get errors about "couldn't unlink file asdf''''''''''''.mp3", you have magic_quotes enabled, and you should disable it. If you can't disable it for whatever reason, then try deleting all of the escaping I am doing in the code instead.
Having trouble with a Windows webserver and sqlite? Try the following: (Thanks ColdFusion)