1. Post #321
    September 2010
    6,669 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3419749/New%20World--.rar

Soon to be working dropbox link to show that steve.co chests are not a stupid joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

2. Post #322
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3419749/New%20World--.rar

Soon to be working dropbox link to show that steve.co chests are not a stupid joke
    we know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #323
    September 2010
    6,669 Posts
    we know
    You can't generate a bunch of chunks without encountering one.

Ok, i know that TF2 crates are annoying (it's a pun to mann.co store) , but not at this point!

I even found one on top of a taiga tree. It was all like christmas again

4. Post #324
    October 2009
    2,263 Posts
    Weird, my Minecolony chests turned into Steve Co. Chests. Only the woodcutting ones, the farmer and the miner just disappeared.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,816 Posts
    I still haven't found a wolf. Plus, in a panic at a huge group of spiders appearing from a dungeon I drowned myself in Lava.

Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    September 2009
    3,719 Posts
    I still haven't found a wolf. Plus, in a panic at a huge group of spiders appearing from a dungeon I drowned myself in Lava.

Fuck.
    i think you'd die from the lava melting you long before it kills you by drowning you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #327
    October 2009
    2,263 Posts

Fuck.
    Continue as normal, and eventually it'll just appear. That's how I found mine, was just in my house and it spawned right behind me.

I kind of wish they were meant to last longer, though. What I think he should do is, the first wolf you find is strong and won't die very easily, but any others are weak. That way you would only ever really have one and any others would die quickly but still be helpful.

8. Post #328
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,197 Posts
    So are they releasing this in seperate parts frequently or is it going to still be monthly?

Edited:

I plan to populate my castle and village with Wolfs.

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,816 Posts
    i think you'd die from the lava melting you long before it kills you by drowning you
    It was an expression, like drowning yourself in liquor if you drink too much.

Edited:

Continue as normal, and eventually it'll just appear. That's how I found mine, was just in my house and it spawned right behind me.

I kind of wish they were meant to last longer, though. What I think he should do is, the first wolf you find is strong and won't die very easily, but any others are weak. That way you would only ever really have one and any others would die quickly but still be helpful.
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll find one eventually. Just feels like this Update wasn't very exciting because I haven't seen all the new cool stuff (Of which there isn't much)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #330
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,197 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll find one eventually. Just feels like this Update wasn't very exciting because I haven't seen all the new cool stuff (Of which there isn't much)
    I haven't updated my game yet for this reason as well as not wanting to have my mods break right away and also for the reason of mojang possibly updating frequently for this one.

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,909 Posts
    -snip-

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,670 Posts
    WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD MURDER THEIR ONLY FRIENDS IN THE WORLD AND WEAR THEM

you sick sick person
    From the fallen comrades.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,538 Posts
    WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD MURDER THEIR ONLY FRIENDS IN THE WORLD AND WEAR THEM

you sick sick person
    You get their power though. Totally worth it.

14. Post #334
    January 2011
    25 Posts
    Love the wolves. Can anyone shed some light on my situation? So I updated my hamachi run server yesterday too the latest Bukkit. My mod two mods, WorldEdit and Craftbook didn't work. I log on today and WorldEdit strangely works, but Craftbook doesn't. Do plugins automatically update through Bukkit?

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,724 Posts
    Do plugins automatically update through Bukkit?
    No. I think there's a plugin for that though, but I prefer to update manually myself.

16. Post #336
    January 2011
    25 Posts
    No. I think there's a plugin for that though, but I prefer to update manually myself.
    Ah so you have to wait for the author to update? Thanks for the help :)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,724 Posts
    Ah so you have to wait for the author to update? Thanks for the help :)
    And you have to re-download the plugin, just like you do with mods in singleplayer. I don't know how plugins that do the updating for you work as I've never tried it.

18. Post #338
    October 2007
    297 Posts
    Wow, I spent fucking ages looking for a wolf on a new world I started, and when I finally found one (in a goddamn cave mind you) it jumped into a pool of lava before I could even give him his collar :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #339
    July 2009
    991 Posts
    So now I have 4 wolves and no bones. It doesn't feel as great having a whole pack of wolves. It was awesome having 1 wolf because I felt it was rare and I could keep track of names :smith:

Edited:

On the upside I can stack wolves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    March 2011
    28 Posts
    I'm very excited about pink sheep :D <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,909 Posts
    I'm very excited about pink sheep :D <3
    :getout:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    January 2008
    811 Posts
    He's a jerk to be honest. He pretends to be all nice and humble but if it's not his idea he won't do it. Unless he gets shit on by everyone.

Seriously, he's lucky to have Jeb and when he actually does something that we want(compasses pointing in the direction of newest spawn for example) he flips shit and tells him to change it back. It's pathetic.
    The best critics are failed game developers. Seriously, where is your award winning multi-million dollar game? Hmmmmm?
    Here's the thing, mkay . . . many of you are spoiled because you've gotten to play a game that's in alpha and beta, and you've gotten to see how Notch is developing the game because he's been open with his ideas and implementations through his blog. He does not owe you anything. He can decide that the next update will be the game, and you'll have to like it.
    Look at it this way . . . let's say that Notch followed the normal way games are developed: in secrecy. Let's say that all of a sudden, two days ago a game called Minecraft (not alpha or beta) was released upon the masses and it cost what it does. It's the current version of Minecraft. All future updates, aside from bug fixes, would be DLC for $2-$5. Would you like that instead? Would you be so critical of how Notch sucks?
    I don't think so.
    Lay off the guy. He made something beautiful for all of us to enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, simply stop playing. But do not forget that he does not owe you anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,826 Posts
    Is there a flying mod i can use to find my house? I mean it would be easier and a mini map would be nice?

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,581 Posts
    Anyone have tips on finding Wolves, i.e. spawning in a certain biome or something? I would think its just completely random, but if anyone has any kind of idea, I'd like some idea on where to find em.

25. Post #345
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,249 Posts
    Anyone have tips on finding Wolves, i.e. spawning in a certain biome or something? I would think its just completely random, but if anyone has any kind of idea, I'd like some idea on where to find em.
    Try looking in forests, I am finding wolves only here.

26. Post #346
    April 2008
    697 Posts
    Forests Ninja'd

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,082 Posts

you sick sick person
    Looks cool though

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,969 Posts
    Found a pack of 5 wolves together after 10 minutes of exploring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    July 2009
    1,016 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    482 Posts
    It's not like I even have a copy of minecraft yet but from what I've heard about past updates this one does seem pretty weak. Wolves sound really, really gimmicky.

That being said I agree with whoever that was up there that said nobody should act like Notch owes them something. Honestly, Minecraft, at the state its in now, could have been released as a full game for $20 or $30, with shit like Wolves as a $2 download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #351
    November 2010
    5,177 Posts
    It's not like I even have a copy of minecraft yet but from what I've heard about past updates this one does seem pretty weak. Wolves sound really, really gimmicky.

That being said I agree with whoever that was up there that said nobody should act like Notch owes them something. Honestly, Minecraft, at the state its in now, could have been released as a full game for $20 or $30, with shit like Wolves as a $2 download.
    Yeah no. I still say its nowhere near a full game yet. They still have to iron out a metric shitton of bugs, just to start with.

32. Post #352
    November 2009
    1,121 Posts

Nicely put but It IS Notch's job. He should be a little more grateful to the people that have made him millions.

It is his game but I mean seriously? He spend probably 15 minutes on a cookie, Jeb did all the work on wolves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,340 Posts

That being said I agree with whoever that was up there that said nobody should act like Notch owes them something. Honestly, Minecraft, at the state its in now, could have been released as a full game for $60 or $70, with shit like Wolves as a $15 download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

35. Post #355
    December 2009
    1,512 Posts
    Wait, so is the bed your spawn point from now on? I'm confused.

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    Did the beds reset anyone's spawn point?

It didn't work for me, and I've been reading that lots of other people have had it not work as well.

37. Post #357
    July 2009
    1,624 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #358
    September 2009
    3,719 Posts

Ahuh...yeah...I see.

no wait whats the point you're getting at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,581 Posts

Fuck yeah. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #360
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    You guys are so fucking cheap. I treat my wolf "Sir Walter Tallylicker" as royalty.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)