1. Post #2521
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts

John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up! - 2010

9/10, A near perfect album, John Legend's singing goes amazingly with The Roots' playing.
    Best songs are I Can't Write Left Handed & Wake Up Everybody. My only complaint is that they put all the hip hop features in the first half instead of spacing them throughout the album.
    I still need to hear that.

If you like that type of soul you need D'Angelo's albums.

Edited:

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die - 2012

B+

I'm not the type to recognise hype, this was apparently looked forward to after the single "Video Games" was released last year. The only reason I discovered her, was through the fact that my sister thought she was lame.

I listened to it, and enjoyed it. What else to say?
    Unlike the dry aesthetic of most popular music, there's personality here. The songs are also well-written, most of the time. "Dark Paradise" being the one that stood out.

The album itself is mostly a "baroque/chamber pop" vibe with trip-hop undertones. The voice is also pretty unique if I have to say so, she does like to throw it about a lot which is nice to hear. The first track "Born To Die" has probably the best examples of her vocal style.

All in all, it's not for everyone but a decent enjoyable pop record. I personally didn't feel the hype like probably most people feel, but maybe that's because I don't watch much TV or read magazines/tabloids.

Edited:

Girl Talk - All Day - 2010

A-

I liked this album a lot, from the first track.. you get that ooze of Black Sabbath and then BAM into this hip hop section that really works.

Okay this album is 100% sample based, think of it as a "Pop Record" version of Endtroducing...
    It is mostly hip hop samples mixed with rock classics and other styles. I even managed to hear a Genesis sample for 2 seconds.

If your looking for an album which is vibrant and sets a scene where popular music of all types come together, then get it. It feels like one song cut up into bits.

AND it's free, forgot to mention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2522
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    k so when i was first getting into trve music and not like sum 41, aerosmith was one of the bands I discovered and listened to a lot, but i left them pretty quickly. but recently I heard this song Seasons of Whither which was actually awesome, and blew me away. it almost has a kinda proto alice in chains sound to it, and I found that the rest of the album, was also really great. it's still aerosmith but somehow not anoying and really awesome.

7/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2523
    January 2010
    9,840 Posts
    [release]
    [h2]Mastodon - The Hunter[/h2]

Genre - Sludge Metal, Progressive Metal

The Hunter takes a sludgier turn than Crack The Skye did. The tracks are shorter, faster, harder hitting, and far more intense. However, this isn't the level of intensity Leviathan, Remission, or Blood Mountain have. It feels far more accessible. It has a lighter production along with a more friendly sound.

Tracks like Blasteroid rip your guts out with deathly riffs and intense brum playing while Curl of The Burl is lighter and friendlier in comparison. The album retains it's prog sound to a certain extent, though. The track The Creature Lives has sort of a Pink Floyd vibe to it. All The Heavy Lifting has a catchy hook and an equally catchy chorus. The title track, however, is fairly boring and the more accessible sound may disappoint some fans.

[h2]81/100[/h2]

It's a nice album and a perfect introduction to those looking to get into Mastodon. It gives a decent feel of their prog and sludge sides and at the same time is a more accessible album.

FAVORITE TRACKS
    Dry Bone Valley
    All The Heavy Lifting
    Blasteroid
    Black Tongue

LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS
    The Hunter[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2524
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,933 Posts

A-

I liked this album a lot, from the first track.. you get that ooze of Black Sabbath and then BAM into this hip hop section that really works.

Okay this album is 100% sample based, think of it as a "Pop Record" version of Endtroducing...
    It is mostly hip hop samples mixed with rock classics and other styles. I even managed to hear a Genesis sample for 2 seconds.

If your looking for an album which is vibrant and sets a scene where popular music of all types come together, then get it. It feels like one song cut up into bits.

Listening to this now, it's fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #2525
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    Listening to this now, it's fucking awesome.
    I regret not getting it when people talked about it. Seriously from the first track you're like "WOAAH, how the shit is this that good?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2526
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts

A-

EVERYDAY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

7. Post #2527
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,933 Posts

Jay Z and Kanye West - Watch the Throne (2011)

For the most part, this album is Jay Z and West flaunting how damn rich they are. They manage to pull it off in a pretty enjoyable and charming way, though. Tracks like Otis and Niggas in Paris are prime examples of this, they're fun, and not really condescending even though they're just a celebration of wealth. Where the album really shines though, is in the tracks like Murder to Excellence and New Day, which are surprisingly relevant and engaging in their subject matter. Not only that, but Murder to Excellence is also arguably the most sonically pleasing track on the album. The combination of an epic sound and commendable lyrical themes make this track a total winner.

It's a shame then, that the album is let down by some extremely cheesy tracks like the lackluster "Lift Off" featuring Beyonce, which comes off not only mediocre but try-hard in its half-assed hook and bland lyrics.

7.3/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #2528
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts

Shobaleader One: d'Demonstrator

I think this album it's an excellent way for Jenkinson to branch out and try something different his playing and programming is definitely up to his high standard but aside from the sweet retro vibes, it's hardly a classic.

7/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events

9. Post #2529
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,405 Posts

The 2 Bears - Be Strong
    9/10

For those that don't know, The 2 Bears is a collaboration between Joe Goddard of Hot Chip and Raf 'Raf Daddy' Rundell. "Be Strong" is their debut full length, and it's pretty damn brilliant. The tracks are really fun, borderline cheesy house/electropop. The only thing that lets the album down is the track "Increase Your Faith", which I get an air of filler from, but other than that it's pretty much flawless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #2530
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,072 Posts
    Haven't reviewed anything in a while, so here goes:
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [release]
    [h2]Colosseum II
    Strange New Flesh
    1976[/h2]

A pretty good Jazz Fusion album that I just found today.
    The first track is easily the best one.
    It's powerful, its awesome and it's progasmic.
    The other tracks are good too, but nothing too memorable on first listen.
    I will definitely give this album more listens later,
    and I recommend this album to all prog/jazz fans.
    Highlight is, like I mentioned before, the song Dark Side of the Moog.
    [/release]
    [/TD]
    [TD][release]
    [h2]Jane
    Eternity
    2011[/h2]

Some more Hypnos 69-esque modern prog with a 70's style.
    Found today by randomly browsing youtube, which is an amazing place
    for finding obscure progressive rock.
    (I'll probably post more reviews of them later)
    Anyways, the album is pretty calm mostly, a few more rocking parts,
    but it keeps a nice, calm, positive mood throughout the album
    This album's highlight would be Tryptich.
    [/release][TABLE="width: 800, align: right"]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2531
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    I'm not sure I could rate a jazz album so easily on first listen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #2532
    April 2011
    204 Posts

B.Dolan - Fallen House, Sunken City (2010)

4.5/5

His first album, The Failure, I only listened to a little. It was a very ambienty spoken word sort of thing, which was not what I was expecting when I had a "I am going to listen to a rap album" expectation.
    But I did like the music in it, I just wanted to hear him rap. Ends up, his second album he does exactly that.

And I loved it. Music is great, his voice, lyrics and whatnot. My favorite track is easily The Hunter and my least favorite are the first 3 tracks.
    Looks like I'll give his 1st a complete go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #2533
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    I still need to hear that.

If you like that type of soul you need D'Angelo's albums.

Edited:

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die - 2012

B+

I'm not the type to recognise hype, this was apparently looked forward to after the single "Video Games" was released last year. The only reason I discovered her, was through the fact that my sister thought she was lame.

I listened to it, and enjoyed it. What else to say?
    Unlike the dry aesthetic of most popular music, there's personality here. The songs are also well-written, most of the time. "Dark Paradise" being the one that stood out.

The album itself is mostly a "baroque/chamber pop" vibe with trip-hop undertones. The voice is also pretty unique if I have to say so, she does like to throw it about a lot which is nice to hear. The first track "Born To Die" has probably the best examples of her vocal style.

All in all, it's not for everyone but a decent enjoyable pop record. I personally didn't feel the hype like probably most people feel, but maybe that's because I don't watch much TV or read magazines/tabloids.

Edited:

A-

I feel this kind of music appeal mostly lies in recognition. Is this true, or can one enjoy it without recognizing most of the stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #2534
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    I feel this kind of music appeal mostly lies in recognition. Is this true, or can one enjoy it without recognizing most of the stuff?
    Well yeah, it is enjoyable as music definitely. But there is kind of a thrill to recognise certain parts. Seriously I didn't expect a Genesis sample, through me off guard. As a whole you don't really need to know and like every sample used.

It is mostly pop/rock/hip hop records in the mashup.

15. Post #2535
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts

6/10

some nice songs that have been on my mind all week. Needs to be more gorillaz and less "look how many rapping friends I have"

Midori - Hello everyone, we are Midori. Nice to meet you

6/10

literally the most confusing thing I've ever heard. Some parts were okay but most was just wtf

Blu & Exhile - Give me my flowers while I can smell them

8/10

convinced me finally that rap is not completely bad. Nice jazz beats + piano on top of thoughtful and intelligent lyrics. Great

Samiyam - Sam Baker's Album

8/10

Instrumental hip hop. Very good. Not much else to say

Lineage EP - Evan Abeele

7/10

Cool ambient, psych or whatever it is. It's background and it's nice. Will listen to it again

All recommended from 4chan. Superior music forum if you know the right threads to look.
    brotip: Sharethreads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2536
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    All recommended from 4chan. Superior music forum if you know the right threads to look.
    There are interesting threads there, but it's such a bitch to go through..

What if I wanted just a list of the titles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #2537
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    4chan's interface is pretty old school, but it's just something you need to deal with
    what specifically do you mean by a list of titles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

18. Post #2538
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    4chan's interface is pretty old school, but it's just something you need to deal with
    what specifically do you mean by a list of titles
    On one page it had a list of topics. I don't really need to see every single post for a thread on that page, I'd have to load about 6 pages and only come across about 10 discussions.

Edited:

the albums you discovered, I would never be able to find unless someone mentions it in a big thread or recommends it.

19. Post #2539
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    you just need to browse through the pages until you find a sharethread
    they generally have 50-150 posts depending on how successful they are
    They're generally around the 1 - 3 page mark because they're fairly popular

Edited:

you only see like four posts per thread
    it's not that bad unless you go to reply to it
    just look at the OP and if it say share thread click reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    you just need to browse through the pages until you find a sharethread
    they generally have 50-150 posts depending on how successful they are
    They're generally around the 1 - 3 page mark because they're fairly popular

Edited:

you only see like four posts per thread
    it's not that bad unless you go to reply to it
    just look at the OP and if it say share thread click reply
    K, sharethreads make sense. I want a list of them

21. Post #2541
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,803 Posts
    Lineage EP - Evan Abeele

7/10

Cool ambient, psych or whatever it is. It's background and it's nice. Will listen to it again

Dog on the album cover - instant listen.

If you like that, definitely try Riceboy Sleeps by Jónsi & Alex.
    I think of that album both because it's a similar sound, and because both of these have a track called "Indian Summer"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2542
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts

Lee Fields & The Expressions - My World - 8/10

Very good album, the synths go very well with the instruments and Lee Fields' singing is great. Standout track would definitely be Money Is King
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #2543
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    K, sharethreads make sense. I want a list of them
    list of sharethreads? they don't stay up for more than a day usually. 4chan is really transient n shit.
    that being said I love browsing mu, I find a lot of hidden gem stuff like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2544
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    I usually find hidden gems through blogs. Mu just baffles me, thanks for mentioning them though :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2545
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    snip wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #2546
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,447 Posts

Truly inspirational...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #2547
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,803 Posts

Errors - Have Some Faith in Magic (2012)
    8/10

Poor review:
    Probably a bit premature to be rating it, but I've listened to it about three times now, so I think I have a fair idea of how I'll end up rating it. Great album, finding it surprisingly easy on the ears, despite the fact the music is quite strange. Refreshing to find a Scottish band that doesn't sound Scottish. I guess if there was actually any singing, they might though.

I guess I think it's best described as experimental, but the magazine I found it in described it as post-electro, which kind of sounds like it could fit.

Parts of it bring Fuck Buttons, Ratatat, and Animal Collective to mind. Some background noise that reminds me of Fuck Buttons, some electronic sounds from Ratatat, and when there are vocals they're all hazy like in Animal Collective, as well as having their sort of psychadelic "this would be good for summer" feel, but still quite cold. So maybe just a Scottish summer.

Highlight track would be Barton Spring, which I can't find on Youtube to show you. No bad tracks really. They're all quite good, or at least relaxing to listen to. Tusk is pretty representative of it though.

EDIT: Managed to get Barton Spring up on my tumblr: http://tetokolpian.tumblr.com/post/1...faith-in-magic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events

28. Post #2548
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts

Diamanda Galás - Plague Mass
    5/5

Where do I start with this. Even if I could start i'm not sure what I'd even be able to write about this, because Plague Mass really is something apart, there is virtually nothing I can compare it to. What we have here is one of the most bizarre albums by a consistently controversial, boundary-pushing artist of great talent. As far as I know, this is essentially a spoken-word/experimental performance criticising the response of the Catholic Church to AIDS in the late 80's/early 90's, among other things. Largely, the tracks are devoid of musical backing, leaving Galás' unsettling and distinctive vocals completely alone with her lyrics. I'd go into the background in which the album was recorded but frankly it's very late and I'm tired, but suffice to say it's every bit as strange as the music.
    Anyway, this is one of the most brilliant things I've ever heard.

29. Post #2549
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,889 Posts
    [release]
    [h2]Mastodon - The Hunter[/h2]

Genre - Sludge Metal, Progressive Metal

The Hunter takes a sludgier turn than Crack The Skye did. The tracks are shorter, faster, harder hitting, and far more intense. However, this isn't the level of intensity Leviathan, Remission, or Blood Mountain have. It feels far more accessible. It has a lighter production along with a more friendly sound.

Tracks like Blasteroid rip your guts out with deathly riffs and intense brum playing while Curl of The Burl is lighter and friendlier in comparison. The album retains it's prog sound to a certain extent, though. The track The Creature Lives has sort of a Pink Floyd vibe to it. All The Heavy Lifting has a catchy hook and an equally catchy chorus. The title track, however, is fairly boring and the more accessible sound may disappoint some fans.

[h2]81/100[/h2]

It's a nice album and a perfect introduction to those looking to get into Mastodon. It gives a decent feel of their prog and sludge sides and at the same time is a more accessible album.

FAVORITE TRACKS
    Dry Bone Valley
    All The Heavy Lifting
    Blasteroid
    Black Tongue

LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS
    The Hunter[/release]
    For me it would be favorite tracks: all, least favorite: none. I love that album, Mastodon has never let me down.

Last album I listened to was S.O.D. (also known as Stormtroopers of Death)'s album titled Speak English or Die. A very amazing lesser-known hardcore-thrash-punk-whatever album from 1985. My dad actually showed me this one. Very aggressive, has more of a comedic tone in some songs such as Milk and Pre-Menstrual Princess Blues. Has a number of songs under 10 seconds, but that's nothing compared to their original EP, which had 63 tracks and was under 15 minutes long.

Overall a great listen. 8/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #2550
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,806 Posts

Can - Tago Mago

This album is pretty much one of the heights of experimental music of the 70's. Forget Floyd, forget prog or punk or whatever, Tago Mago is absolutely amazing. Liner notes refer to it as 'this fabulous noise', which is exactly what it is. This is the album that made John Lydon want to start the Sex Pistols.

It is the most fucked up thing I think I've heard in a very long time. All improvised, carried by these dreamy, improvised vocals by the 'singer' Damo Suzuki, but so in sync that it is actually ridiculous how well it works. Still getting a grip on this but at the moment its at the very least one of the most shocking albums I've heard and I'm going to slap it with a 9/10.

I may also be guilty of dancing around the house while listening to the CD in full as noone was home and its very groovable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #2551
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    ^worth mentioning that it's actually extremely long jams heavily edited into shorter songs (much like Miles Davis' In a Silent Way, actually). amazing band. Future Days is the best imo

32. Post #2552
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,806 Posts
    I got the 40th Anniversary which has 30 minute live Can jams on it, can't wait to listen to disc 2

if I find Future Days at the store I'll pick it up but my hopes aren't high
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

33. Post #2553
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    Listened to Future Days last week... so good.

34. Post #2554
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,072 Posts
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [release]
    [h2]The Seatbelts/Yoko Kanno
    Cowboy Bebop
    1998[/h2]

Now this is one hell of a jazz album.
    First I was a little bit unsure about it, since its a soundtrack. For an anime.
    However, it's incredibly awesome. Lots of great, memorable songs ranging
    all the way from fast, frantic jazz to slow, calming blues.
    Thanks to this soundtrack, I also watched the show. Best decision I've
    done a while, because its my favorite TV show I've ever seen (and it's
    also one of the very few animes that most of Facepunch likes).
    Anyways, it was a hard choice, but the highlight of the album has got
    to be Bad Dog No Biscuits.

[release]
    [/release]
    [/release]
    [/TD]
    [TD][release]
    Cowboy Bebop: Future Blues
    2001[/h2]

This album tried something a bit different from the first one, but for that
    exact same reason, it fails to be as good as the first one. It has less
    jazz and more Rock, Pop, etc. The reason I gave this album such a low
    score compared to the other one, is because some of the songs on the
    album are just very unpleasant to listen to for me. I have to skip a few
    when I want to listen to it. However, its still a really solid album, and the
    songs that are good are REALLY good.
    Anyways, the highlight of this one was a pretty even battle, but I think
    the point goes for 7 Minutes.

[release]
    [/release]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #2555
    March 2010
    1,507 Posts

Melt - Young Magic

6/10

I was constantly listening to this album on their stream, and they had some fantastic songs and some decent songs.
    I loved at least 50% of the album, and the other half was decent. I think they could have done a much better job as all
    of their singles were absolutely great.

36. Post #2556
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    [release][h2]Edge of Sanity
    Crimson[/h2]

[h2]A-[/h2]
    A really nice bit of Opethesque progressive death metal with a slightly crude, classic
    death metal style. Mikael Akerfeldt makes an appearance with some solid vocal
    contributions and while this album isn't always as subtle as it could have been -
    there's no intro, just growls within the first second - it's got a really nice proggy flow
    that keeps it interesting right through it's single 40 minute track.[/release]

[release][h2]Cut Hands
    Afro Noise 1[/h2]

[h2]B+[/h2]

A mixture of noise and tribal drumming with a fantastic dark atmosphere. The only thing I
    really dislike is the screeching unlistenability of Nzambi Ia Lufua. Other than that, this is
    one of my favourite recent finds.[/release]

37. Post #2557
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,803 Posts

Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror (2012)
    8/10

Given it a few listens. Every track is good, though overall a much quieter album than their last. It's not just another Treats.

True Shred Guitar is a brilliant opener.
    Apart from Born to Lose and Comeback Kid, other highlight tracks include End of the Line and Demons.
    Final two tracks, Never Say Die and D.O.A. are a both very different from any of their other songs, I think. Crush, Road to Hell, and You Lost Me are good tracks too.
    Which leaves Leader of the Pack. Reminds me of Treats the most, but feels more like a leftover from that album.

Going with an 8 for now. Get the feeling it wont move much from that rating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2558
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,796 Posts
    looking back at what I rated, I feel like I should change them all.

39. Post #2559
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,248 Posts
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [release]
    Cowboy Bebop
    1998[/h2]

Now this is one hell of a jazz album.
    First I was a little bit unsure about it, since its a soundtrack. For an anime.
    However, it's incredibly awesome. Lots of great, memorable songs ranging
    all the way from fast, frantic jazz to slow, calming blues.
    Thanks to this soundtrack, I also watched the show. Best decision I've
    done a while, because its my favorite TV show I've ever seen (and it's
    also one of the very few animes that most of Facepunch likes).
    Anyways, it was a hard choice, but the highlight of the album has got
    to be Bad Dog No Biscuits.

[release][/release]
    [/release]
    [/TD]
    [TD][release]
    Cowboy Bebop: Future Blues
    2001[/h2]

This album tried something a bit different from the first one, but for that
    exact same reason, it fails to be as good as the first one. It has less
    jazz and more Rock, Pop, etc. The reason I gave this album such a low
    score compared to the other one, is because some of the songs on the
    album are just very unpleasant to listen to for me. I have to skip a few
    when I want to listen to it. However, its still a really solid album, and the
    songs that are good are REALLY good.
    Anyways, the highlight of this one was a pretty even battle, but I think
    the point goes for 7 Minutes.

[release][/release]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I listened to these two because of this review and I absolutely love them. I do think Future Blues is really good except for a few songs near the end. I haven't listened to No Disc or Blue yet, but I plan to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2560
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,939 Posts
    I haven't properly reviewed an album before. Going to give this next album a good, hard listen before I do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events