1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,321 Posts

Simple, lets talk bikes, what do you ride? Where do you ride?

Post pictures and discuses your two wheeled transportation devices.

I'll start with a barrage of my bikes,

Specialized - Enduro Expert - MTB

Giant - Yukon - MTB

Trek - Valencia - Touring Bike

We The People - Trust
    - BMX

We The People - Justice - BMX

This summer I'm hoping to get my hands on a true road bike, just a little above entry level Trek, and possibly one of those Electra city cruiser bikes to strip down and make a rat-rod sort of bike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts

Sup biches u mirin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny x 35Dumb x 4Winner x 3Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2010
    76 Posts
    Carrera fury - 08 model. Used to bike everywhere, got a puncture and the new innertube split as i but it in so i chucked it in the garage and havent ridden it since
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I just use a normal mountain bike. I think the brand is like Quest, I'm not a serious biker but I use it quite a lot in the summer, basically like 90% of transportation is on my bike, will probably change this summer as I'm taking drivers ed then, but I'll still probably cycle most.

Edited:

And jesus, you have a lot of bikes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    Nice bikes, bruh. I love cycling. My campus is huge so biking makes it a lot better. Also in my middle school and early high school years I used to do local comps, typically 50 miles. Good times. My current bike is in the shop because I fucked it up p bad.

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    709 Posts
    I just have a mountain bike that has served me quite well. Also assisted in me losing 50 pounds. Getting back into riding too now that the weather is getting better here in California.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    The weather is always better in California. Come to TN where it's always 70% humidity and the weather shits all over you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #8

February 2010
    2,500 Posts
    question why are fixie's so expensive? i just ordered a touring bike and a fixie cost more despite its obviously lower spec, seems like it would have been a nice bike just to ride to the shop and stuff but not when it cost 800-1000

i dont get my bike till next wednesday but when i do i will post a picture as imo it is a better example of a touring bike the one the op posted doesnt have drop bars, mud guards or pannier racks. bike i ordered is a revolution country explorer 11 with a brooks saddle and shimano a530 peddles, i have to collect it instore about 15 miles from where i live which will be interesting as i havnt cycled in years and the shop is in the middle of a major city. i managed to save some money buying a helmet from ebay (new obviously) and saved about 50 by winning a auction for a pair of shimano sh-mt32l shoes, be nice to get some better gear especially the shoes as shimano seem make there shoes really small so even a size up only just fits but it will do for now.

while looking at cycling gear on ebay i found people selling used cycling undershorts, seriously who in there right mind would buy a pair of used undershorts that someone has sweated all over?

9. Post #9
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    Just got back from a 40 minute bike ride.

So out of shape yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,142 Posts
    The weather is always better in California. Come to TN where it's always 70% humidity and the weather shits all over you.
    115 with 0% humidity is not nice, nor is 35 and raining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    i'd take 115 with no humidity over 90f with 80%+ humidity

iowa is shit don't come here in the summer unless you swampass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2011
    567 Posts
    id take 90f with 80%+ humidity over the bible belt!!
    ( srsly have you nigras been to mississipi??)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,142 Posts
    i'd take 115 with no humidity over 90f with 80%+ humidity

iowa is shit don't come here in the summer unless you swampass
    I've done both. They average out to about the same. The plus side of humid-hot is that you're encouraged to drink water to replace the sweat, which doesn't always happen in dry-hot, thus making it possible to let yourself get dehydrated.

14. Post #14
    Just did 16kms. Oh my god, after such a long break (did it last summer) it felt so damn good. God damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events

15. Post #15

February 2010
    2,500 Posts
    today i did about 30km (forgot to turn on my gps logger at first so im adding a couple) with about 750m accent, i thought i had gone further but it must have been the bloody hills and headwind

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    I get my bike back from the shop today. My campus bike's breaks were p much run down to the point where I had to use my feet for breaks. It was kind of a safety hazard

17. Post #17
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    getting me a new bike soon

awwwwww yeaaaaaaah

18. Post #18
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,127 Posts

Black steel frame.
    18 gears with twist-grip shifters.
    Saiguan gears.
    Front V-type and rear V-type brakes.
    Dual suspension.

Does this look like an ok bike, I'm interested in starting up again but don't know what to buy, I also dont have a lot of money.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,364 Posts

Does this look like an ok bike, I'm interested in starting up again but don't know what to buy, I also dont have a lot of money.
    Unless you're doing actual mountain biking, you don't really need suspension, save your money.

20. Post #20
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,127 Posts
    Unless you're doing actual mountain biking, you don't really need suspension, save your money.
    Its pretty cheap anyway so the suspension is just a bonus

21. Post #21
    Head Poster
    April 2009
    1,763 Posts

Ridin' Retro

22. Post #22
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    mother nature is a bitch

20 mph winds both ways at my face

but it felt good

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    Bro, we had a tornado yesterday. There are branches everywhere. It's crazyyy.

24. Post #24
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    ya 98 wouldn't shutup about it on steam

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    lol gayswiss is a fgt

Edited:

jk love him to death <3

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    567 Posts
    (cat face)

27. Post #27

February 2010
    2,500 Posts

cheap suspension bikes are shit, buy a better spec one without and replace the seatpost with a suspension seatpost. how much is the actual bike? you might want to check out http://www.edinburghbicycle.com rather than argos or halfords they do a range from quality budget bikes to high end stuff

i got this from there overall i paid about 1000 with the aftermarket parts fitted
    http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8893/newbike1of1.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    Some frat boys fucked up my bike the other night. There's not too much damage except the front wheel is wobbling and rubbing against the breaks. Is there anyway I can fix this on my own?

I've tried tightening it but it's not seeming to fix it. I'm thinking about just spreading the breaks out some so that it doesn't rub. Thoughts?

29. Post #29

February 2010
    2,500 Posts
    google it there are plenty of guides on how to fix such a problem, personally though i would buy a new wheel (a really fucking expensive carbon coated one) and send them the bill, if you fucked there car up they would make you pay so hows it ok to fuck up your bike and leave you with the problem of fixing it

30. Post #30
    I ride BMX, I also ride long distance on said BMX

I just dont feel right on a road bike with a high seat post ect and having to wonder about gears and other things

but thats just me.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    google it there are plenty of guides on how to fix such a problem, personally though i would buy a new wheel (a really fucking expensive carbon coated one) and send them the bill, if you fucked there car up they would make you pay so hows it ok to fuck up your bike and leave you with the problem of fixing it
    I mean I can't send anyone the bill because they did it during the night. I had unwittingly left my bike chained up by the tennis courts which is by frat row. It's fucking frustrating. Oh well...

32. Post #32
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,403 Posts
    ~80's-90's Bianchi Campione D'Italia - Conversion

Nitto Jaguar + B123AA | Velocity Deep V's (eh) | Selle Italia Turbo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,436 Posts
    Holy Shit. Those are legit.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    470 Posts
    I mainly do off-road but I've recently started mountainbiking too. I'm using a Yosemite Redwood.

Now i got a problem, what's the best technique to go uphill, besides walking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

35. Post #35
    September 2009
    559 Posts
    nice pics bopie

got my new bike yeeeaaah booooy

36. Post #36
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,403 Posts
    got my new bike yeeeaaah booooy
    pictures?

Edited:

Figure I'd post a picture of my DK sentry w/tuff2's right before I sold it over a year ago.    I spray painted over the decals. :v:   

You can tell I had no idea what I was doing haha, I'm not into BMX.

37. Post #37
    December 2009
    44 Posts
    I look in this side of the forum once, and find out that there's actually people that cycle here. which is absolutely awesome.

I ride a trek 1.5, excellent bike, especially for the price, which is not much

not my pics btw

i have a size 64, which is the biggest they come in (everything is harder when you're 1.97 meters)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,403 Posts
    i have a size 64, which is the biggest they come in (everything is harder when you're 1.97 meters)
    I've always loved the look of really tall frames. Which sucks for me, 55 is pushing it

(Btw, I'm trying to get this thread rolling, its got community-forming potential!)

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    44 Posts
    I've always loved the look of really tall frames. Which sucks for me, 55 is pushing it

(Btw, I'm trying to get this thread rolling, its got community-forming potential!)
    it would be cool if people here started sharing their stories yes. people around where i live always pull a weird face when I say i like cycling. they claim that i like men in tight shorts, :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts

got a Charge plug on order from the best bike shop in cardiff (sunsetcycles)

hopefully going to change a few parts but it's sweet already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)