1. Post #761
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    I was thinking 'awesome' until the watermark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    January 2009
    916 Posts

The king.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #764
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,362 Posts
    HIGHSCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY YEEEEEEUH

Naw but srsly, this is my favorite Adams

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,930 Posts
    I was thinking 'awesome' until the watermark.
    Yeah man because someone's desire to attain credit for their photos completely discredits any artistic merit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,139 Posts

Edited:

Yeah man because someone's desire to attain credit for their photos completely discredits any artistic merit.
    In that image, it's very distracting and easily removable.

If he wanted to remain credited, he may as well have used a pixel font in the lower right or left.

Just look at the watermark on the photo I just posted, for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,362 Posts
    WOAH GUYS.

I took that pic 6 years ago. I have proof, see? It says my name on it.

Edited:

Won 93 awards at my highschool photography show.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #769
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,139 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

10. Post #770
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,139 Posts

Source: Camila Massu for Nat Geo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #771
    June 2007
    218 Posts
    thread now includes four screenshots of Linda Hamilton being burnt to a crisp

Demolishing_Clegg_Street_railway_warehouse by Jim Grady, on Flickr

This just looks grimy and disgusting and I love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,126 Posts

Source: Camila Massu for Nat Geo.
    I think this may have just become my favourite photo ever.

Edited:

Man, that object on the right, floating in the water.
    I want to know what it is...

A buoy maybe?
    I don't know, but it makes me want to be there to find out. Swim over to it. Investigate.
    Is she naked? Probably not. But maybe...
    A boat behind the photographer? Or a pier?

That rain! It must be warm.
    Tropical latitude.

Again... "mmmmmm".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    This inspires me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    get out you cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    I was going to be nice, but then you changed it to cunt.

All you do is kiss his ass. Do you two peg in real life?

I mean, I don't have anything against you if you do.

All I did was post a picture that really inspires me and you have something against it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    no i know him in real life you asshole, and we're friends. And thats what friends do, they have each others back.

Now take your so called photography and terrible attitude and get the fuck out this subforum. Trust me it will be better without you.

the sub forum bids you goodbye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    You shouldn't get defensive every time someone gives any criticism to your friend.
    And I like this subforum, you get out.

(User was banned for this post ("Image macros, inflammatory comments directed at users and not contributing anything. Get out of photo and stay out." - daijitsu))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    i wasn't getting defensive for no reason, if you were offering valid criticism then i'd have no problem with that. But you're just being a dick, and its completely out of the blue as well.

If you said what you said to some other members of the forum i would have said exactly the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #779
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    Wait, actually, he doesn't have anything worth criticizing. Saying anything for one picture covers all of them.

Plus, no other member of this forum is that arrogant and posts the same thing over and over again and keeps getting blank complements from his friend. If it was someone else in the forum, you wouldn't have done anything.

20. Post #780
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,139 Posts

Edited:

A buoy maybe?
    I don't know, but it makes me want to be there to find out. Swim over to it. Investigate.

Tropical latitude.

Again... "mmmmmm".
    I just love the expression of sheer joy on an extremely rainy day.

It's also quite interesting how it's a mainly grey and rainy picture, but it's also so very happy and uplifting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    its an emotional and color/weather contrast. I love it.

22. Post #782
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts

Edited:

A buoy maybe?

Tropical latitude.

Again... "mmmmmm".
    When I first looked at it, all the droplets of rain hitting the water made me think she was swimming in a sea of glass... Or diamonds or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #783
    November 2008
    2,235 Posts
    Wait, actually, he doesn't have anything worth criticizing. Saying anything for one picture covers all of them.

Plus, no other member of this forum is that arrogant and posts the same thing over and over again and keeps getting blank complements from his friend. If it was someone else in the forum, you wouldn't have done anything.
    Leave bud, you're a bellend

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,101 Posts
    When I first looked at it, all the droplets of rain hitting the water made me think she was swimming in a sea of glass...
    That would probably mean a more reddish colour in the centre of the shot. And her expression would be different. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #785
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,849 Posts
    well that was fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    Thanks Dai.

27. Post #787
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,362 Posts
    Officer brown? Officer down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,101 Posts
    I agree, especially when he started posting in other threads just to be an ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    what a twat

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,930 Posts
    i wasn't getting defensive for no reason, if you were offering valid criticism then i'd have no problem with that.
    Isn't artistic criticism mostly opinion based, therefore there is no questioning its validity?

Edited:

Ontopic.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,101 Posts
    Both are amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,362 Posts

Untitled by Bahar Deniz Eriş, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

33. Post #793
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    Isn't artistic criticism mostly opinion based, therefore there is no questioning its validity?

Edited:

Ontopic.

Edited:

artistic critique isn't only opinion based, there's lots of technical aspects you can look at, regardless of what it is you're critiquing.

if it was only opinion based, you could say any shit photo is, in theory, the most amazing shot in the world simply because the photographer that took it said "this is how I wanted it to be, therefor it's good"

...sorry if i've somehow missed your point here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #794
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,849 Posts
    you could say any shit photo is, in theory, the most amazing shot in the world simply because the photographer that took it said "this is how I wanted it to be, therefor it's good"
    #artists that get a jealousy-inducing amount of attention for what seems like pure bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,930 Posts
    Inzalous, firstly I said mostly opinion based, as in yes there is a technical aspect to it, but it also comes paired with how the viewer believes these technical aspects have been pulled off to the viewer's taste. Criticism is not the law, it's an opinion of what could have been done better in a photograph to someone's own liking - this can be taken or ignored by the photographer, depending on whether their opinions agree, or in some cases, how much the photographer wishes their opinions to agree with their critic's opinions. I don't know I think I'm meditating this too much, I should probably stop before we start discussion photographic existentialism and the qualities of the medium. Dai, I think we are now breaching on viewing this subforum from Killuah's point of view.

Edited:

Statue of Liberty, Paris, 1886.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Inzalous, firstly I said mostly opinion based, as in yes there is a technical aspect to it, but it also comes paired with how the viewer believes these technical aspects have been pulled off to the viewer's taste. Criticism is not the law, it's an opinion of what could have been done better in a photograph to someone's own liking - this can be taken or ignored by the photographer, depending on whether their opinions agree, or in some cases, how much the photographer wishes their opinions to agree with their critic's opinions. I don't know I think I'm meditating this too much, I should probably stop before we start discussion photographic existentialism and the qualities of the medium. Dai, I think we are now breaching on viewing this subforum from Killuah's point of view.

Edited:

This photograph looks oddly fake to me, the man mostly.

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    Why do you disagree davidtenant?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #799
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts

Edited:

to be honest you're right, i'm not gonna turn this into a massive argument just want to add, while it does in the end come down to opinion, my opinion is that good criticism is that which tackles the technical, not just saying "oh I don't like this because it's boring", specifically pointing out what you like and what you don't like is what people should do. Gives the artist a better understanding of their own work, from other points of view

Edited:

the first, second and third one are great imo, they've got the toning and visual aesthetic that i'm trying to achieve myself, not quite there yet, but then I also don't really have new photos to try to achieve that with as of yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #800
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    http://youtu.be/YZhlScTZ-8Y
    Doesn't want to embed. http://youtu.be/YZhlScTZ-8Y
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)