Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f3nrich/

330/365 by F3NRICH, on Flickr

Swimming at Llangrannog by F3NRICH, on Flickr

Untitled by F3NRICH, on Flickr

Untitled by F3NRICH, on Flickr

he doesn't live very far from me, cardigan I think (west wales)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    bopie inspires me the most. and picwan. he inspires me to get a darkroom.
    and this bro
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dariusz_majgier/
    here are some of his photos:

street portraits of strangers by Dariusz.Majgier.pl, on Flickr

and EVERYONE on the big picture:http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    wait how does pickwickian inspire you to get into the darkroom?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    wait how does pickwickian inspire you to get into the darkroom?
    well, he develops his own photos (and they look damn sweet and kinda awesome ramshackle that way) and I can't because I don't have a darkroom, so he inspires me to ether find a darkroom to use or install one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    well, he develops his own photos (and they look damn sweet and kinda awesome ramshackle that way) and I can't because I don't have a darkroom, so he inspires me to ether find a darkroom to use or install one.
    AFAIK Pick doesn't do any developing (could be wrong)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    he had some mussed up B&W film pics he developed himself of a band and and he said he thought they looked terrible but I thought they looked awesome. I am pretty sure those were picks.

7. Post #47
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    I think that was me

(don't mean to hijack anything)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,062 Posts
    I do, but I'm nowhere near as proficient as you are.

Haha Labbet. I think you got me confused.
    I have posted shots from film that I've developed myself, but they weren't done nearly as well as H4Z3Y.

Mine were all scratched up and shit - although that's mainly from poor care of the negs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    I think that was me

(don't mean to hijack anything)

Oh fuck I am so sorry for the mix up! I meant you! :sweatdrop: please forgive my mistake!

10. Post #50
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,908 Posts
    Everything in the landscape section of 1x.

<3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    I strongly suggest you make your own tiny darkroom, you can do it for pretty cheap. And for developing you don't even need a darkroom.
    I've been developing my own film and printing my own prints for 3 or 4 years now, you feel so much more connected to each print.

Except it does get expensive to do it a lot, just a warning.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    I strongly suggest you make your own tiny darkroom, you can do it for pretty cheap. And for developing you don't even need a darkroom.
    I've been developing my own film and printing my own prints for 3 or 4 years now, you feel so much more connected to each print.

Except it does get expensive to do it a lot, just a warning.
    Cool. I'll look into it.

and btw i go through about 1 1/2 rolls a month.

13. Post #53
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    That's fine, you won't need to spend as much on raw materials like paper and chemicals if you don't shoot as often.
    You could just buy the necessary film processing chemicals (I usually go with with Ilford), and a developing bag and canister at first.
    If you enjoy developing your own film, then you could get all the paper chemicals and a cheap enlarger and set up a little darkroom.

Edited:

Actually maybe you'd want to do it the other way around.
    It'd be harder and more expensive to set up the darkroom straight away, but printing is the really fun part.
    You could always just get your rolls developed at a shop.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    That's fine, you won't need to spend as much on raw materials like paper and chemicals if you don't shoot as often.
    You could just buy the necessary film processing chemicals (I usually go with with Ilford), and a developing bag and canister at first.
    If you enjoy developing your own film, then you could get all the paper chemicals and a cheap enlarger and set up a little darkroom.

Edited:

Actually maybe you'd want to do it the other way around.
    It'd be harder and more expensive to set up the darkroom straight away, but printing is the really fun part.
    You could always just get your rolls developed at a shop.
    Are film scanners an alternative to enlargers? or is that something completely different?

15. Post #55
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    Oh yeah I guess if you just want to develop your own film, then you could scan it and do the post processing and printing (if you want to) digitally.
    Enlargers are necessary if you want to make your own prints though. I really love printing, but it might just be because of the places I print in, I go to my school's darkroom during many of my free blocks even if I don't have my paper or anything to print, and at home I spend a lot of time in my basement.

Edited:

Printing is very fun, and the challenge makes it even more rewarding when you finally get that perfect print.

I'm not bashing photoshop or other digital editors, but it's not really the same when you can just ctrl+z, and you don't have to work and wait for any minute changes you make. It's so satisfying to print.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Recently I've been really inspired by Salvador Dali's photography. I'm wanting to move towards a more cluttered, surrealist style.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    Oh yeah I guess if you just want to develop your own film, then you could scan it and do the post processing and printing (if you want to) digitally.
    Enlargers are necessary if you want to make your own prints though. I really love printing, but it might just be because of the places I print in, I go to my school's darkroom during many of my free blocks even if I don't have my paper or anything to print, and at home I spend a lot of time in my basement.

Edited:

Printing is very fun, and the challenge makes it even more rewarding when you finally get that perfect print.

I'm not bashing photoshop or other digital editors, but it's not really the same when you can just ctrl+z, and you don't have to work and wait for any minute changes you make. It's so satisfying to print.
    I usually don't edit my film pictures, especially not in photoshop. I'll try some developing in a dark bag and some small bottles of chemicals at first, just to try it out. If I dig it, I'll have to clear out my closet and turn it into a darkroom, because that's the only place I can (no basement, no darkroom at school)

18. Post #58
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    You don't necessarily need to clean everything up as long as you can find a good system to set it up efficiently when you want to.
    My basement isn't always a darkroom, but I can take a few of these boards out from under the couch and place them at a few certain places that I figure out, and then place the chemicals out.

Also about the editing thing, when you print you are always editing the image, because there actually isn't a single default way that the picture actually looks. There are so many factors to depend on like the exposure time, the filters, the type of paper, the length in the developer, other techniques like dodge/burn or even weirder like solarizing or double exposing a sheet.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,256 Posts
    You don't necessarily need to clean everything up as long as you can find a good system to set it up efficiently when you want to.
    My basement isn't always a darkroom, but I can take a few of these boards out from under the couch and place them at a few certain places that I figure out, and then place the chemicals out.

Also about the editing thing, when you print you are always editing the image, because there actually isn't a single default way that the picture actually looks. There are so many factors to depend on like the exposure time, the filters, the type of paper, the length in the developer, other techniques like dodge/burn or even weirder like solarizing or double exposing a sheet.
    well, it sounds like an enlarger is the way to go. also, I will have to clean out my closet. you haven't seen my closet, its packed full of junk

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    dammit you guys, you made me interested in developing my own film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #61

May 2006
    8,915 Posts
    My uni accommodation in September is going to have a basement, totally going to turn it into a darkroom/wine cellar/whiskey cellar/bdsm dungeon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,908 Posts
    Shuuush and post more work that inspires you.

Edited:

Can we post videos? I'm posting videos.

Brain farm.

Fucking amazing work.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,653 Posts

Untitled by schleef, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

24. Post #64
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    16,871 Posts
    Yeah, I saw that one ages ago. Me and my mate spat coke everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

25. Post #65
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    DaveyMorr

I've always casually admired this guy's stuff. He's pretty handy with black and white too.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    16,871 Posts
    Bopie and latir both inspires me a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,653 Posts

Untitled by Tartan3, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    you ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    Brenton Salo

He's kind of a staple in the world of bike photography. He shoots nearly everything on 35mm.

He also has an eye for architectural type stuff.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #70
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Ian Plant, I love that man;
    http://www.ianplant.com/galleries_dreamscapes.htm

Samples:

The way he manipulates light to his advantage is mind blowing, and his compositions are amazingly compelling.

Hoping to go to Pategonia with him on one of his photo-tours trekking in the wild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    Rarely see gig shots I actually find 'artistic'.

Diana Simcea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    he sure likes his double / stacked exposures

34. Post #74
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    he sure likes his double / stacked exposures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    i wasn't saying that was a bad thing, just that that was his style. an observation not a criticism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,571 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,080 Posts
    Isn't that mr futureweapons on the left?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #78
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #79
    January 2011
    729 Posts
    I don't get how...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,571 Posts
    row of programmed LEDs being dragged across the frame as the LEDs change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)