1. Post #441
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,561 Posts
    Potatoes are only there for false hope so we think we're accomplishing something.
    Just like everything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Potatoes are only there for false hope so we think we're accomplishing something.
    A Valve employee pretty much confirmed they can be used to overclock the CPU cycles, however, how that is done hasn't been said. If they hit a certain number, maybe we can see a huge boost, however, not enough to know probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,585 Posts
    But really, who doesn't own at least Amnesia or Killing Floor or one of the smaller indie games. Even with that logic, for $2.50 you could get a potato right now.
    Hey, I'm not spending 2.50 on a fake potato.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #444
    April 2009
    606 Posts
    I don't think the potatoes are multiplying anything at all. They're probably just adding up to something that we will probably never reach.
    Yesterday, when the java script that showed you how much total game time was required to complete the bars. I calculated when TWEOTW would end if it continued with same amount of cores. The amount of cores decreased although not by much and the bars finished 30 minutes early. I might add that I did my calculations 1 hour before it completed, so I got 1 hour and half until it got completed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Portugal Show Events

5. Post #445

July 2010
    132 Posts
    A Valve employee pretty much confirmed they can be used to overclock the CPU cycles, however, how that is done hasn't been said. If they hit a certain number, maybe we can see a huge boost, however, not enough to know probably.
    Again, false hope.

I'm mostly being sarcastic when I say that, but to be honest, we've gained at least 150K+ Potatoes since this started and they haven't seemed to make much of a difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #446
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,064 Posts
    GLaDOS just wanted all of these potatoes to make a bunch of potato pies.
    She want's them because-

Dammit,I'm not suppose to spoil anything in Portal 2,right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

7. Post #447
    April 2011
    326 Posts
    So did the National really make a song for Portal 2?
    Yes, they did. :)
    Never heard of them, but I like them.
    Source: http://aol.it/fuM1OK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #448
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    Reposting:
    Agh fuck I'm not sure if my defense grid CHAS thing works. If I can use the "recruit" command, did it DEFINITELY work?

9. Post #449
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,561 Posts
    She want's them because-

NO FUCKING SPOILERS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

10. Post #450
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,064 Posts
    NO FUCKING SPOILERS!
    Okay.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #451
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Hey, I'm not spending 2.50 on a fake potato.
    You're spending $2.50 on an awesome indie game, RUSH or Toki Tori. I personally enjoy Toki Tori better and had it before the whole thing was known, and think it's totally worth $2.50.

12. Post #452
    April 2007
    731 Posts
    Someone in IRC posted this reply reply from personguy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #453
    April 2010
    3,161 Posts
    You're spending $2.50 on an awesome indie game, RUSH or Toki Tori. I personally enjoy Toki Tori better and had it before the whole thing was known, and think it's totally worth $2.50.
    Rush has absoloutely nothing challenging about it cause of that hint system, glados is the only thing standing between you and brain destroying puzzles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,719 Posts
    She want's them because-

That's not even something to kid about. :colbert:

I'm trying to go into Portal 2 with as little background details as I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

15. Post #455
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Rush has absoloutely nothing challenging about it cause of that hint system, glados is the only thing standing between you and brain destroying puzzles.
    Don't use the hint system then. I agree though it is cheap. Toki Tori was the more challenging and fun of the two IMO.

16. Post #456
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,016 Posts
    Don't use the hint system then. I agree though it is cheap. Toki Tori was the more challenging and fun of the two IMO.
    I enjoyed Rush despite the hint system. Though it isn't a very long game (5-10 hours with all achievements unlocked), it passes the $1/1hour margin while being fun and relaxing at the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #457
    April 2010
    3,161 Posts
    It would be better maybe after a ton of tries it pops up and gives you a low score, but right now it just can be abused and make it pointless to be called a puzzle game.

18. Post #458
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    I enjoyed Rush despite the hint system. Though it isn't a very long game (5-10 hours with all achievements unlocked), it passes the $1/1hour margin while being fun and relaxing at the time.
    True. It reminds me of Chu Chu Rocket in a way, and I loved those old Dreamcast titles.

19. Post #459
    January 2011
    337 Posts
    I think we could have gotten this yesterday if the Steam Community actually cared and did their part. If everyone got just one free NELIPOT potato from the group, we'd have around 2.5 MILLION potatoes. Instead we have 300,000 in the amount of weeks and weeks. No one cares.
    >Actually cared and did their part
    Not everyone is interested in the game. And there's even groups boycotting the GLaDOS@home thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

20. Post #460
    April 2011
    23 Posts
    Are there any cheats for aAaAaAaA? I can't get either potato, I'm awful at that game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

21. Post #461
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,359 Posts
    Should I buy the Potato Pack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #462
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Are there any cheats for aAaAaAaA? I can't get either potato, I'm awful at that game...
    There's a modified map that contains a lot of potato bins, you can't cheat on getting the 2nd potato though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

23. Post #463
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    >Actually cared and did their part
    Not everyone is interested in the game. And there's even groups boycotting the GLaDOS@home thing.
    Yeah they'd rather boycott something optional and bitch and moan then just do something superbly simple, or wait for the release date. One of them was a joke against the L4D2 thing though. But really, how many people on Steam do you think are not interested in Portal 2?

Edited:

That's up to you. If you do I'd love to have the rest of the pack I'm missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    April 2011
    326 Posts
    So I just pre-ordered Portal 2 and got Portal 1 for free.

Would someone be willing to gift me AaAaAA!!! & 1...2...3... KICK IT or Amnesia for it?

For amnesia you could live with the fact that you've probably disabled my ability to sleep for a few days (thus helping with the ARG ;)

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,213 Posts

Everything is fine here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,653 Posts
    for me; yes
    but actually buy it if you really want to play all these games

spoilers - weotw owns, cogs own, amnesia owns, SMB owns, audiosurf owns, BIT TRIP BEAT owns

I think it's worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Why ask when you've already bought it? (At least on your linked account)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

28. Post #468
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts

Lol I was going to try that one but it seems to take so long.

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,529 Posts
    Lol I was going to try that one but it seems to take so long.
    It's fun when everyone works together :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

30. Post #470
    April 2011
    23 Posts
    There's a modified map that contains a lot of potato bins, you can't cheat on getting the 2nd potato though.
    I tried the one from the wiki but I just got an indefinite loading page and had to ctrl alt delete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

31. Post #471
    April 2011
    63 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #472
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Nice work, and I'm glad you're doing your part.

33. Post #473
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts

Me and a friend were griefing people with that method last night, they would join and we would explain that we are stuck and then continue to dance around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts

you keep posting that same damn screenshot over and over
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    April 2011
    326 Posts
    Along with the same caption below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    Being Nice to people gave me this shitty title
    April 2011
    1,579 Posts
    He's just leaving it on idle with a door that can't be broken my enemies.

37. Post #477
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    There are a hell of a lot more people doing it tonight, however they seem more spread out. If they'd just hit AAAAAA for a bit it'd be moving perfectly fine.

38. Post #478
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,228 Posts
    Me and a friend were griefing people with that method last night, they would join and we would explain that we are stuck and then continue to dance around.
    What is this method?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,213 Posts
    Nope, just updating the time, and how long I'm surviving... but yes, is dumb post the same screenshot. It's just like situation report.

Along with the same caption below.
    And no, the last screenshot caption was: I have not... come this far... to die now...

also, I'm still alive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,687 Posts
    There are a hell of a lot more people doing it tonight, however they seem more spread out. If they'd just hit AAAAAA for a bit it'd be moving perfectly fine.
    If there is a cap then we would be wasting time by all running the same game at once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)