1. Post #201
    December 2009
    714 Posts
    As I've only seen it happen in Tiramisu, no not yet. But there might be a fix, which is great.
    When can we expect the new version to be out?

By the way, Tiramisu for some reason feels choppy, maybe it's just me, not choppy in an FPS kind of way, but I think it would be really nice if the Vgui didn't feel so, different. I'm bad at explaining things

2. Post #202
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    OA has corrupted you. The only cure is more Tiramisu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #203
    June 2007
    83 Posts
    Also, please add support for the RLRP schema again. The HL2RP schema was a little too difficult for me to navigate and edit, but we easily edited and adapted the RLRP schema you had in place prior to v1.0. Heck, we're still running it, but we would also want to be able to update as well.

Also, thanks for the help guys. I haven't been able to test it out yet, but I'll get on it ASAP.

EDIT:
    Yup, flashlight plugin works like a charm. Had a little trouble at first, but I figured it out a bit later. Remember: if you change the name of the Flashlight item, remember to change the name of the Flashlight item referenced in the Plugin as well.

Also, Joken, you're a lifesaver with the Animation fix. We had a bunch of semi-automatic guns that were firing practically full auto because of that bug, and we didn't know why. Glad you stumbled upon that and fixed it too.

4. Post #204
    February 2010
    204 Posts
    Also, I figured out that if there are func_doors in the map that are made out of brushes, and are supposed to be functioned using a button or ect, you as a player can open them unless they are owned by a different player. Simply walking up to an unowned button-required door and pressing "E" opens it normally. That means that maps with doors that can be locked via button will not work, in order to fix this you have to go to the gamemode/schemas/global/plugins/doors/doorsgroups.lua Lines 1-16 and find this:
    hook.Add( "KeyPress", "TiramisuHandleDoors", function( ply, key )
    	if( key == IN_USE ) then
    		local entity = ply:GetEyeTrace( ).Entity
    		if(CAKE.IsDoor(entity)) then
    			local doorgroup = CAKE.GetDoorGroup(entity) or 0
    			local groupdoor = CAKE.GetGroupFlag( CAKE.GetCharField( ply, "group" ), "doorgroups" ) or 0
    			if type( groupdoor ) == "table" then groupdoor = groupdoor[1] end
    			if doorgroup == groupdoor then --lol
    				entity:Fire( "open", "1", 0 );
    			end
    		end
    		if( entity:GetClass() == "item_prop" ) then
    			ply:ConCommand( "rp_pickup " .. tostring( entity:EntIndex() ) )
    		end
    	end
    end)

Specifically around line 9 you'll see:
    Code:
    entity:Fire( "open", "1", 0);
    Change the "open" parameter to this --> "IN_USE" ... I think what it does is make the function to open doors on key: IN_USE not work. Basically, it reverts the system to be oldschool in the sense that if a door requires a button, the button will still have to be pressed. However, I haven't tried this with group doors or owned doors, which might not end up working...
    As far as I know, if you own a door and lock it via right click, it is locked to all players and cannot be unlocked by anyone but the owner, (so it shouldn't be too bad). If anyone knows what I'm talking about and sees that I'm "fixing" it wrong, please do so.

Also, I have a request/suggestion for the upcoming version. Is it possible that in the configurations.lua that we get a parameter that looks like this:
    CAKE.ConVars[ "Default_Rank" ] = { "Rank" };
    --Or perhaps this option:
    CAKE.ConVars[ "Default_Group" ] = { "Group" };

This would set it up so that when a new character is created they are created with these parameters defined, instead of being created without a group or rank. The reason I'd like this is because I'd like to make it so that every player on the server, no matter the rank, can buy from business tab 1... If there is a simpler way to make this happen, please let me know!

-Thanks for all the hardwork BigBang.

Edited:

Oh, and as far as the business thing goes, I attempted using the already existing parameter regarding flags like so:
    CAKE.ConVars[ "Default_Flags" ] = { [ "buygroups" ] = 1 }
    --That didn't work, :P so I tried this:
    CAKE.ConVars[ "Default_Flags" ] = { "canbuy", 1 }
    --That also didn't work, and I also tried it without the 1 on the end, still no luck.

Any ideas?

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    So I've started work again. Expect all the fixes in this thread to be integrated with Tiramisu :D.

I'm also doing a whole set of health plugins.

Edited:

Fixes pushed to Github, new version out. Thanks to everyone in this thread!

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Create a new plugin, and include this code:
    function GM:PlayerSwitchFlashlight( ply )
    	if ( ply:HasItem( "flashlight" ) ) then
    		return true;
    	else
    		return false;
    	end
    end

Whole plugin:
    PLUGIN.Name = "Flashlight"; -- What is the plugin name
    PLUGIN.Author = "Jocken"; -- Author of the plugin
    PLUGIN.Description = ""; -- The description or purpose of the plugin

function GM:PlayerSwitchFlashlight( ply )
    	if ( ply:HasItem( "flashlight" ) ) then
    		return true;
    	else
    		return false;
    	end
    end

function PLUGIN.Init()
    end

Then make the item:
    ITEM.Name = "Flashlight";
    ITEM.Class = "flashlight";
    ITEM.Description = "Scare away ghosts with this";
    ITEM.Model = "models/someflashlightmodel.mdl";
    ITEM.Purchaseable = true;
    ITEM.Price = 15;
    ITEM.ItemGroup = 1;

function ITEM:Drop( ply )
    	self.Owner:Flashlight( false );
    end

function ITEM:Pickup( ply )
    	self:Remove();
    end

function ITEM:UseItem( ply )
    	self.Owner:Flashlight( true );
    end

Hope this helped.
    I may merge this in to the repo in an optional plugins folder. Do you mind?

7. Post #207
    February 2009
    1,360 Posts
    I may merge this in to the repo in an optional plugins folder. Do you mind?
    Not at all.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    New patch! It fixes automatic firing of non-automatic guns AANNND it makes holster act as a safety as it's supposed to. This is an improvement over the patch posted earlier where clicking primary while holstered will fire. With this version of Tira clicking primary will bring your weapon to bear, and then clicking again will fire.

(To prevent from accidentally spraying straight from holster I made it so there's a .5 second buffer after bringing the weapon to bear. This means for .5 second after unholstering you can't fire, I kind of like this from 2 angles. Protects from accidental kills, and it gives someone turning the corner with their weapon out a clear advantage, it actually takes a half a second to ready your weapon.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    February 2009
    1,360 Posts
    It fixes automatic firing of non-automatic guns
    Did you use my fix? Not that it's much of a fix, I just removed a few lines.

10. Post #210
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    I will be making a whole new animations system for the next release. It's not gonna be "just" NPC animations anymore, expect a whole new take on it.

Honestly, my approach with the next release is "immersion". If that means cutting some things, so be it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Did you use my fix? Not that it's much of a fix, I just removed a few lines.
    Nope, I completely rewrote that area of the code. It's properly fixed now, without just removing some lines.

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,355 Posts
    Nice to see that this is being actively developed again

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    I just uploaded another new fix/support thing.

Admin commands are handled SLIGHTLY differently now. If you type:

!admin kick "Joe Schmoe"

Joe Schmoe is passed as a SINGLE argument to the admin command. Before it would pass "Joe and Schmoe" or Joe and Schmoe, but now anything between quotes is handled as one argument. :) Enjoy.

Edited:

Made the quotations more robust, here's what is gaurunteed to work:

!kick "Matt B" "lol"
    Any words with surrounded by quotes, or groups of words surrounded with no space between the quotes and the words.

What might work but is undefined behavior so don't post about it.

!kick "Admin"lol
    !kick Admin"lol"
    !kick " Admin " lol
    etc.

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,595 Posts
    add a specific easter egg where you say redeemer OR killerjcten times in chat
    plays

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Next big release will deal a lot with business and items, we're thinking.

Edited:

Just a warning: Next update will require some very minor changes to all of your items.

16. Post #216
    June 2007
    83 Posts
    Is there any word on a function which automatically equips an item in your inventory onto your character's model, a la Character Editor (except automatic)?

Also, any hope for a Written Notes plug in, a light Hunger Mod, or randomly placed items/stashes?

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Is there any word on a function which automatically equips an item in your inventory onto your character's model, a la Character Editor (except automatic)?

Also, any hope for a Written Notes plug in, a light Hunger Mod, or randomly placed items/stashes?
    Notes are slated for next release. They'll optionally require an item to write, if you want, too.

Edited:

Also since we're adding some stuff to have persistent items, we can add items with a charge/amount now too.

Like uhh:
    Flashlights will be able to be made to need new batteries.
    Pens that run out of ink :P
    Items that are used more than once, but have a limit on uses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    February 2010
    204 Posts
    Notes are slated for next release. They'll optionally require an item to write, if you want, too.

Edited:

Also since we're adding some stuff to have persistent items, we can add items with a charge/amount now too.

Like uhh:
    Flashlights will be able to be made to need new batteries.
    Pens that run out of ink :P
    Items that are used more than once, but have a limit on uses.
    Absolutely love it! There are so many things that could be done with this!

Also, as far as the business goes, is there/will there be any way to make a business tab public to everyone no matter their rank/group? The reason I ask, is because I know how to assign specific business tabs to a rank or group, but what if the player makes a custom group? Anyways, public business tabs not requiring a flag would be cool.

Can't wait for the update, and great job so far on coding everything!

19. Post #219
    February 2009
    1,360 Posts
    Flashlights running out of batteries and pens running out of ink seems a bit excessive.
    What I've always loved about tiramisu is that it focuses more on the roleplay rather than the script. Adding in all these features is silly, as things like these should be roleplayed out by the players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Flashlights running out of batteries and pens running out of ink seems a bit excessive.
    What I've always loved about tiramisu is that it focuses more on the roleplay rather than the script. Adding in all these features is silly, as things like these should be roleplayed out by the players.
    Well those were just examples :P, if for instance I WERE to make an item that made flashlights run out of battery they'd have like a days worth of battery or more.

21. Post #221
    February 2010
    204 Posts
    Well those were just examples :P, if for instance I WERE to make an item that made flashlights run out of battery they'd have like a days worth of battery or more.
    Personally, I feel that the flashlight requiring battery is needed. Especially because in the map we are using we have dark tunnels and sewers, and so running out of batteries would add to the feel.
    Not to mention it gives our players something to do with their money, buy batteries or other things from the store. However, it does seem somewhat pointless if a player can access the store from anywhere, because even if they do run out of batteries they could just buy more right there on the spot. Perhaps if a designated "Store Area" was created via .txt file, or even if we could create a "Store NPC" it would make these fuel-like objects have more value. Just some personal opinions and suggestions.

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Diet Taco most servers have specific factions/ranks for traders.

23. Post #223
    February 2010
    204 Posts
    Diet Taco most servers have specific factions/ranks for traders.
    Yeah I'm aware, but it wouldn't necessarily make sense for my server to have a "trader" ... I mean, we could try but it would be somewhat difficult to incorporate or even make sense. Specifically because of the theme we're going for.

24. Post #224
    June 2007
    83 Posts
    I WERE to make an item that made flashlights run out of battery they'd have like a days worth of battery or more.
    As long as the plugin is well documented and easily able to be modified to set battery drain, charge, and reset values, we'll be fine. And I think the option for a server between having a battery-functioning flashlight and an infinite one should be available.

But I do agree with Jocken: Tira's a pretty noninvasive, yet versatile script, and the less script functions you have, the more focus on RP there is. But, there should always be options. The freedom to choose is powerful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    September 2009
    1,119 Posts
    Glad to hear there's a lot of new features being added.
    Are you going to improve the GUI as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    As long as the plugin is well documented and easily able to be modified to set battery drain, charge, and reset values, we'll be fine. And I think the option for a server between having a battery-functioning flashlight and an infinite one should be available.

But I do agree with Jocken: Tira's a pretty noninvasive, yet versatile script, and the less script functions you have, the more focus on RP there is. But, there should always be options. The freedom to choose is powerful.
    Again this was just an example to demonstrate the possibilities :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Umm hi guys! I would like to join the team :D (oh c'mon everyone in this thread is part of the team by providing ideas and bugs info or fixes :D ). So I was thinking about hunger mod and I could prot it from DerpDM but then I wasn't sure because I would need to add some code because I want an ordinary items system, not a separate one for hunger mod only. BTW I Might add(thta's just "might") the CityScript Vehicle support or atleast add something similar because I'm new to LUA and I'm not sure if Tiramisu can use the vehicle system(ITEM.VehicleScript and ITEM.Extras a.k.a. Vehicle extrassupport).
    PS: I will see if any city script plugin can be ported to Tiramisu because the creator of CityScript is banned + the script is dead I think and there are great plugins like earthquake and meteor strike. But the best are the moiney systems(bank with interest). Oh and to Big Bang, I am trying to find a file in the tiramisu folder which is the money system actually(the system that comes with Tiramisu) so I can see if there are any functions such as:
    Pplayer.GetMoney()
    or
    Player.SetMoney
    Thanks anyway, but if possible, please take a look at cityscript and tell me if the money system is the same.(CakeScript's)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,378 Posts
    Umm hi guys! I would like to join the team :D (oh c'mon everyone in this thread is part of the team by providing ideas and bugs info or fixes :D ). So I was thinking about hunger mod and I could prot it from DerpDM but then I wasn't sure because I would need to add some code because I want an ordinary items system, not a separate one for hunger mod only. BTW I Might add(thta's just "might") the CityScript Vehicle support or atleast add something similar because I'm new to LUA and I'm not sure if Tiramisu can use the vehicle system(ITEM.VehicleScript and ITEM.Extras a.k.a. Vehicle extrassupport).
    PS: I will see if any city script plugin can be ported to Tiramisu because the creator of CityScript is banned + the script is dead I think and there are great plugins like earthquake and meteor strike. But the best are the moiney systems(bank with interest). Oh and to Big Bang, I am trying to find a file in the tiramisu folder which is the money system actually(the system that comes with Tiramisu) so I can see if there are any functions such as:
    Pplayer.GetMoney()
    or
    Player.SetMoney
    Thanks anyway, but if possible, please take a look at cityscript and tell me if the money system is the same.(CakeScript's)
    Yeah... Good luck with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,368 Posts
    Pplayer.GetMoney()
    or
    Player.SetMoney
    You... You asked permission and gave orders in the same post.. :O

30. Post #230
    February 2011
    58 Posts
    matt i demand you code me books right this instant young man

31. Post #231
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    Pplayer.GetMoney()
    or
    Player.SetMoney
    Lemme digest this. If you don't know Lua all too well why are you trying to join into coding a gamemode? I'm sorry bro but I find it entirely offensive that you seem to believe you are some sort of boss of mine and that Tiramisu must work your way. Ah, whatever, it's your first post, nobody's expecting anything better.

Anyhow, if I can get some GOOD ideas on what to add in, change, or remove I would like to hear them. Be advised, it's very probable your idea is gonna get overlooked unless it's really something people like or you have some fantastic reasons. We have a deadline to commit to anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    February 2011
    58 Posts
    add a specific easter egg where you say redeemer OR killerjcten times in chat
    plays
    i demand this is added

33. Post #233
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Lemme digest this. If you don't know Lua all too well why are you trying to join into coding a gamemode? I'm sorry bro but I find it entirely offensive that you seem to believe you are some sort of boss of mine and that Tiramisu must work your way. Ah, whatever, it's your first post, nobody's expecting anything better.

Anyhow, if I can get some GOOD ideas on what to add in, change, or remove I would like to hear them. Be advised, it's very probable your idea is gonna get overlooked unless it's really something people like or you have some fantastic reasons. We have a deadline to commit to anyway.
    No no. Don't get me wrong. I would most likely ask if I can use Tiramisu for learning purposes( to figure out how everything works). And about the gamemode working my way - I can make my own edition right/? I just have to give it to the public. And no I'm not a boss, afterall you are a highly respected person for me, just because you aren't selfish person that just wants some more money.

PS: Does Tiramisu have thhe ability to use items that are vehicles(cars in inventory)? If it hasn't I will learn some more LUA and try to make something. And I know some LUA but it isn't that much still. Oh and that's my idea for the update :D
    PS2: I have another idea - when using command which needs player name (!kick or something like that, also for non admin commands) you have to type atleast 4 characters of the name exactly in the same order(for example !kick "notd" will kick someone who has this combination anywhere in his name ). If this is in the gamemode already then cool :D. Btw I didn't want to make a bad first impresion.

34. Post #234
    November 2010
    1,136 Posts
    PS: Does Tiramisu have thhe ability to use items that are vehicles(cars in inventory)? If it hasn't I will learn some more LUA and try to make something. And I know some LUA but it isn't that much still. Oh and that's my idea for the update :D
    Why would you have vehicles in inventories when you could add a NPC in a garage that allows you to spawn the cars? If you gave someone a car in an inventory where they can spawn it where ever, people would exploit this feature and spawn cars inside of buildings.

PS2: I have another idea - when using command which needs player name (!kick or something like that, also for non admin commands) you have to type atleast 4 characters of the name exactly in the same order(for example !kick "notd" will kick someone who has this combination anywhere in his name ). If this is in the gamemode already then cool :D. Btw I didn't want to make a bad first impresion.
    While this idea works for when people don't have RP names, it probably wouldn't work well for RP. More than one person in a full server will probably be named Bill. Also I think most admin mods have that feature anyways.

35. Post #235
    February 2009
    1,360 Posts
    A books/notes system.
    Basically, it'd be nice if you were able to write small one page notes or books with several pages in-game. This shouldn't even be too hard to add in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Is the container system getting fixed on next version?
    Also there is a bug with male animations.
    After you have changed your model with setmodel and return back to your original model, the anims glitch if you have a male character.
    It's clientside and it only appears on people who have used 'setmodel', reconnecting fixes it.

37. Post #237
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Why would you have vehicles in inventories when you could add a NPC in a garage that allows you to spawn the cars? If you gave someone a car in an inventory where they can spawn it where ever, people would exploit this feature and spawn cars inside of buildings.

While this idea works for when people don't have RP names, it probably wouldn't work well for RP. More than one person in a full server will probably be named Bill. Also I think most admin mods have that feature anyways.
    Well to tell you the truth I'm noy a great coder, I'm still learning, but I have a friend who said he would teach me to make scripts preventing people from spawning cars on places that I choose, which also stops you from spawning car in the sky and when you spawn a car it mustn't be more than X metres from you(you shouldn't aim at more than the X metres). And people say npcs lag a lot so I would like to ask for some help on the vehicle-inventory system or even the npc idea is good, as far as I know it's not hard to code an entity which is used like a garage. Any help is appriciated, after all I'm still learning.
    And about the name - well people make weird names like [hteejiahgn uiwaei nwqhbfjw ] m ADA MINGA(you get the point) just not to get arrested/banned/kicked.
    And I have another idea cause I'm not sureif it's in Tiramisu - you need to warrant ssomeone for arrest in order to arrest him and the goverment worker with the highest position has to approve the warrant so there won't be that much cops running around and arresting everyone.

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    A books/notes system.
    Basically, it's be nice if you were able to write small one page notes or books with several pages in-game. This shouldn't even be too hard to add in.
    You're wrong there, they are EXTREMELY hard to add in. It's going to take a near rewrite of the entire inventory, and business. At the moment items are simply copies of a 'protoitem' if you will that exists in CAKE.ItemData, more specifically they don't even COPY the table, it's purely a reference to it.

The problem here is now we've got to find ways to SPECIFICLY identify an item, we're solving this by adding a system called itemdata.

Each item in game will get a unique ID which it can use to save unique data like:
    self:ItemData(key [, value])
    If not value is specified it returns the key's value. I think that's how we're gonna do it, anyway.

Edited:

Is the container system getting fixed on next version?
    Also there is a bug with male animations.
    After you have changed your model with setmodel and return back to your original model, the anims glitch if you have a male character.
    It's clientside and it only appears on people who have used 'setmodel', reconnecting fixes it.
    You mean !setmodel? I'll take a look when I get time, this is some weird edge case, though.

39. Post #239
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    Just some basic idea on what I personally want for the next update, without much detail.

1) An IK (inverse kinematics) like system for animations.
    2) Tabbed inventory, each tab containing different categories of items.
    3) Wearable containers. Abstract containers in general.
    4) A freeform roleplay schema.
    5) A new, more modular base schema.
    6) Making the DFrameTransparent part of a skin, for easy editing and for compatibility with DFrames.
    7) Making the plugin system load subfolders too (done).
    8) Some updating around the character editor.
    9) General bug fixing as always.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    You're wrong there, they are EXTREMELY hard to add in. It's going to take a near rewrite of the entire inventory, and business. At the moment items are simply copies of a 'protoitem' if you will that exists in CAKE.ItemData, more specifically they don't even COPY the table, it's purely a reference to it.

The problem here is now we've got to find ways to SPECIFICLY identify an item, we're solving this by adding a system called itemdata.

Each item in game will get a unique ID which it can use to save unique data like:

If not value is specified it returns the key's value. I think that's how we're gonna do it, anyway.

Edited:

You mean !setmodel? I'll take a look when I get time, this is some weird edge case, though.
    Actually scratch all that, I might be able to just hack this in in under 100 lines of code.