1. Post #241
    February 2011
    58 Posts
    i think i know what makes tiramisu so great
    12:30 AM - Matt B: kk I'mm code with one hand
    12:30 AM - Matt B: jack off with the other brb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #242
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,537 Posts
    i demand this is added
    don't demand shit.

Edited:

Umm hi guys! I would like to join the team :D (oh c'mon everyone in this thread is part of the team by providing ideas and bugs info or fixes :D ). So I was thinking about hunger mod and I could prot it from DerpDM but then I wasn't sure because I would need to add some code because I want an ordinary items system, not a separate one for hunger mod only. BTW I Might add(thta's just "might") the CityScript Vehicle support or atleast add something similar because I'm new to LUA and I'm not sure if Tiramisu can use the vehicle system(ITEM.VehicleScript and ITEM.Extras a.k.a. Vehicle extrassupport).
    PS: I will see if any city script plugin can be ported to Tiramisu because the creator of CityScript is banned + the script is dead I think and there are great plugins like earthquake and meteor strike. But the best are the moiney systems(bank with interest). Oh and to Big Bang, I am trying to find a file in the tiramisu folder which is the money system actually(the system that comes with Tiramisu) so I can see if there are any functions such as:
    Pplayer.GetMoney()
    or
    Player.SetMoney
    Thanks anyway, but if possible, please take a look at cityscript and tell me if the money system is the same.(CakeScript's)
    What. The. Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,978 Posts
    I'm having a problem with custom models used as clothing. I've edited cl_charcreate.lua for the schema but the new clothing is not working properly. When I use the lab coat, it works just fine when spawning, but when I use the custom clothes, they only stay on for a second after spawning before disappearing. Sometimes the character does not respawn, it works then, but if I switch between several characters using these clothes, their clothes are reset to the default ones
    Code:
    local models = {}
    models[ "Male" ] = {

"models/Humans/Group02/Tale_01.mdl",
    	"models/humans/group01/male_02.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_03.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_04.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_05.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_06.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_07.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_08.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/tale_09.mdl"

}
    models[ "Female" ] = {

"models/Humans/Group02/Temale_01.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/temale_02.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group01/Female_03.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group01/Female_04.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group01/Female_06.mdl",
    	"models/Humans/Group02/temale_07.mdl"

}

local clothing = {}
    clothing[ "Male" ] = {
    	"none",
    	"clothing_formal",
    	"clothing_formal2",
    	"clothing_labcoat",
    	"clothing_tale1",
    	"clothing_tale3",
    	"clothing_tale4",
    	"clothing_tale5",
    	"clothing_tale6",
    	"clothing_tale7",
    	"clothing_tale8",
    	"clothing_tale9"
    }
    clothing[ "Female" ] = {
    	"none",
    	"clothing_formalf",
    	"clothing_labcoat",
    	"clothing_temale01",
    	"clothing_temale03",
    	"clothing_temale07"

}
    Example of custom clothing
    Code:
    ITEM.Name = "Brown Jacket and Jeans";
    ITEM.Class = "clothing_tale1";
    ITEM.Description = "Brown Jacket and Jeans";
    ITEM.Model = "models/Humans/Group02/Tale_01.mdl";
    ITEM.FemaleModel = "models/Humans/Group02/Temale_01.mdl"
    ITEM.Purchaseable = true;
    ITEM.Price = 500;
    ITEM.ItemGroup = 1;
    ITEM.Flags = {
    	"nogloves"
    }
    function ITEM:Drop(ply)

end

function ITEM:Pickup(ply)

self:Remove();

end

function ITEM:UseItem(ply)

end
    Example from the gamemode
    Code:
    ITEM.Name = "Laboratory Coat";
    ITEM.Class = "clothing_labcoat";
    ITEM.Description = "Lab coat for those smarter gentlemen";
    ITEM.Model = "models/Kleiner.mdl";
    ITEM.Purchaseable = true;
    ITEM.Price = 100;
    ITEM.ItemGroup = 1;
    ITEM.Flags = {
    	"nogloves"
    }
    function ITEM:Drop(ply)

end

function ITEM:Pickup(ply)

end

function ITEM:UseItem(ply)
    end
    Am I missing something here?

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Sorry I can't quite answer your question right now, I'm working on notes and books.

But an update on those: they're completely done. Just need a fancy UI :)

Edited:

Myrrdin I'll check that out as soon as I get a solid chance man, I'm sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts

A VERY WiP picture of notes.

Another pic showing how they are in your inventory, (also lol my UI color is different between shots woops)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,978 Posts
    Sorry I can't quite answer your question right now, I'm working on notes and books.

But an update on those: they're completely done. Just need a fancy UI :)

Edited:

Myrrdin I'll check that out as soon as I get a solid chance man, I'm sorry.
    Not a problem! The fact that you are taking a look at it at all, being willing to help, means that you are awesome.

7. Post #247
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    I'm having a problem with custom models used as clothing. I've edited cl_charcreate.lua for the schema but the new clothing is not working properly. When I use the lab coat, it works just fine when spawning, but when I use the custom clothes, they only stay on for a second after spawning before disappearing. Sometimes the character does not respawn, it works then, but if I switch between several characters using these clothes, their clothes are reset to the default ones
    Let's take some steps in debugging.

1) Are you sure that the clothing item is on your characters' inventory?
    2) Are you sure that the item is not getting removed?
    3) Have you tried removing the "self:Remove()" from ITEM:UseItem?

8. Post #248
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    It's great to see that the books/notes are coming along fine. Can't wait for the next release =3

Also, I might just make some plugins that people are free to use if they wish myself. Any suggestions?

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,978 Posts
    Let's take some steps in debugging.

1) Are you sure that the clothing item is on your characters' inventory?
    2) Are you sure that the item is not getting removed?
    3) Have you tried removing the "self:Remove()" from ITEM:UseItem?
    The problem was none of the above, it was simply that the models were on the server as an addon and not in the root garrysmod folder. Problem solved.
    Thanks anyhow!

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Very close to working notes now, stay tuned.

Only thing left really is having text center/right aligned.

11. Post #251
    February 2010
    204 Posts
    It's great to see that the books/notes are coming along fine. Can't wait for the next release =3

Also, I might just make some plugins that people are free to use if they wish myself. Any suggestions?
    I think I talked about this a few posts back... But an item that would, when used, appear on the player's body. However, it would be more complex than just making it appear, in the sense that it would be nice to have them actually contribute armor or stats to the player on equip, and also would not be able to be equipped over certain clothing. (For example, you can't equip a hat item if there is a clothing_helmet already equipped.)
    I don't know how to explain it any better... But, I hope that helps in a way :\

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts

Updated shot. Thanks for the example, Mr Cuddles!

This is a lot what the note system will look like at release.

Edited:

Also for those wondering, I'm on Linux, that's an emulated Windows desktop.

The text used to make this note:
    <c><font=HUDNumber5>The Daily Gerian</font>
    <c>Issue 1

<font=DefaultBold>Article Title</font>
    Article text

- Editor

Slogan
    Font is self explanatory.
    <c> at the beginning of a line centers the line.

13. Post #253
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    I have three words and a picture for you all.

Stair bug fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

14. Post #254
    December 2009
    714 Posts

(Winner Image)

Stair bug fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Almost finished the changes needed for notes. Then making them actually need paper, and then being able to bind a bunch of notes into books. And then Tiramisu 1.2 :)

16. Post #256
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,999 Posts

Stair bug fixed.
    Amazing

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    I just finished up notes, they're commited.

Edited:

Also guys don't use the newest version on Github, I'd call it experimental at best, at the moment. It's got lots of fixes but we redid inventory and such, so I'd just wait till we put it on garrysmod.org after proper testing.

18. Post #258
    June 2011
    792 Posts

Edited:

Also guys don't use the newest version on Github, I'd call it experimental at best, at the moment. It's got lots of fixes but we redid inventory and such, so I'd just wait till we put it on garrysmod.org after proper testing.
    Cool! Umm just can I ask are the Tiramisu versions of GitHub open beta? I mean I think the changes roll out there first.
    PS: Keep up the good work!

19. Post #259
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Expect 1.2 soon. We're cooking up some new, fresh ideas for Tiramisu 2.

We promise you this much, you WILL see the change.

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,242 Posts
    Two issues which are related to the script.

1. Weapons which are items duplicate when dropped.

2. There is no ragdolls for !passout or death anymore, the character just keeps standing there and ragdoll is not visible.

Using the latest SVN version.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,598 Posts
    SVN is broken from what I hear, use the github version

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,242 Posts
    SVN is broken from what I hear, use the github version
    I had the same problem with that version too.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    I had the same problem with that version too.

Edited:

Edited:

At the moment GitHub is SUPER active and a lot of the changes we made are adding or removing bugs, and we have unfinished features up. I suggest you just wait for our 1.2 release, it'll be very soon anywhere from tonight to this weekend.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    The github version is more stable now.

Edited:

Alright what's in the repo in about 5 minutes is basically 1.2, without the testing. Once it's tested and all bugs fixed we'll upload to garrysmod.org

25. Post #265
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Alright I just made one more commit fixing the freescrolling camera. If anyone wants to help test, please inform me and grab the latest GitHub repo.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    I'm getting a lot of issue reports about the github version, remember guys you live on the bleeding edge and sometimes you get cut ;)

Edited:

We just discovered our HL2 schema is severely broken. We're doing a rewrite.

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    I believe this about the time we're going to wrap up Tiramisu get it working stable as we can, remove all the bugs, and do a couple more schemas.

Conna we're coming for you, bro. (Just joking nothing against Conna personally, just tired of seeing people pay 300$ for a script, rather offer them something as good as or better for free)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    To be honest it was never about taking down OpenAura or Conna. We just think we need to step up our game in order to keep it a competitive product, as opposed to the "free alternative" that used to be the way we referred to Tiramisu. Schemas has been something the community has been asking for a long time, so what better time than now to give it to them.

Tiramisu is not a clone, it's an entirely new trend. Our goal was never about beating people at their own game; but to make our own concept of a roleplay script, one that aids the player in roleplaying while being as unobtrusive as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    We've decided we're going to move all the admin commands to right click options. We're keeping the chat commands, ofcourse, but now you'll be able to rightclick a player > admin > kick.

Or you'll be able to rightclick the ground in front of you > admin > bring > select from list.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    The guys over at Desertia can't bring their hands out after this morning's update, anyone else experiencing this?

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,242 Posts
    The guys over at Desertia can't bring their hands out after this morning's update, anyone else experiencing this?
    Actually, yes.
    This happened to one player on the server, I didn't personally experience it.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    264 Posts
    This happens to me almost every time

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    New update should fix hands.

34. Post #274

May 2009
    280 Posts
    Is there a way for an item to automatically be put on the correct bone and alignment when you click use on that item? I've added SetGear and EditGear to the use and given them appropriate values(I think), and for some reason every time I use it, it give it the default align, and then drops the fedora from my inventory, while keeping the attachment on the playermodel.
    Edited:

Yep.

Also, I was wondering. How exactly does the door system work? Like if I wanted a certain brushbased door to be openable to a certain faction, how would I go around doing that? Also I've heard there was some building system, which I'd like to know about that as well. If ya'll can help, I'd certainly appreciate it.
    I've also been wondering how to do that, but I didn't notice anyone answering it. Any ideas how?

35. Post #275
    Half-Life: Aftermath
    August 2010
    493 Posts
    Utterly fantastic news. Utterly fantastic.

36. Post #276
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Is there a way for an item to automatically be put on the correct bone and alignment when you click use on that item? I've added SetGear and EditGear to the use and given them appropriate values(I think), and for some reason every time I use it, it give it the default align, and then drops the fedora from my inventory, while keeping the attachment on the playermodel.
    This will be made into the right click option "Wear" for most items. Watch this space you'll have it soon.

I've also been wondering how to do that, but I didn't notice anyone answering it. Any ideas how?
    I will be adding a right click option to it soon. You won't have to know any commands to use it, just right click a door and set it up accordingly.

On rather unrelated news, we decided to continue giving incrementals to Tiramisu 1. You will be seeing a stream of new features on the following week, as well as general improvements to the codebase.

37. Post #277
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    This is some great news.

Can't wait for future updates. Also, may I suggest that rather than making even more generic schemas (like kuro does), why not try some schemas with their own backstories or something? Just a thought.

Also, this isn't really important, but could you by any chance improve the looks of the chatbox? It's fine and works perfectly, it's just a bit of an eyesore, isn't it?

38. Post #278

June 2010
    6 Posts
    Alright, I knew how to script cake, and no I'm trying to get into tiramisu, is anyone here ready to help me out with a script for a soon-to-come RP gamemode? I mainly need help with the group system when scripting, and adding new weapons/clothes into it. Would be very cool, whoever helps is also free to sign up as a Dev for the new server, for further information Pm me on facepunch or add: xxshadowzanexx on steam, thanks.

39. Post #279

May 2009
    280 Posts
    Thanks.

40. Post #280
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Can a mod please move this to the Gamemode section? This thread feels totally out of place in this section, and it feels redundant to make (yet) another thread for my Tiramisu incremental releases.