1. Post #81

October 2010
    17 Posts
    Out of several hundreds of DarkRP server we can find 2 professional servers. Out of 8 Open Aura servers, we can find 2 professional servers.. Wait.. Maybe script actually got some kind of impact?

"Relying on a script makes you a bad roleplayer, end of story." I totally agree. I don't see what you're trying to suggest here. As I've said several times, the script surely got an impact, but a professional server administration and management are even more important parts of a successful server.
    Umm... first of all - DarkRP has bad rep but is actually a great gamemode. A clear example. I know about 50 people from my school that play Gmod. And all of them are rpers(some of them like tt and etc.). I made a server. I installed some DarkRP modules such as advanced inventory, 3d text, pickpocketting, bank system and two three other epic addons(there was something like per-job-level and job ranks). I completely changed the hud and the name that the gamemode appered on the games tab. I set a password and I said that we will meet in the server(it will be runing half an hour before the meeting) at 21:00 GMT +2. And 30 people did. After that i removed the password because 5 of them had to go. And inn 4 minutes another 5-7 people left. Then the server got full (32 players) because ppl we didn't know entered. And it was great. Nobody knew that this was DarkRP. And we had a great rp. Cause even with the modules andhud, everything that's running is still darkrp so this proves that DarkRP is a great gamemode and it just has bad rep so minges enter most darkrp servers. Now stfu.

And to the author of this thread - son if you haven't payed for the gamemode still - don't. If you want HL2RP Just download Tiramisu, it comes with a hl2rp schema.

2. Post #82
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    And to the author of this thread - son if you haven't payed for the gamemode still - don't. If you want HL2RP Just download Tiramisu, it comes with a hl2rp schema.
    If you like glitchy gamemodes, you will do what he says. If you do not like glitchy gamemodes, you will go find the thread that tells where to get OpenAura.

3. Post #83
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    Everybody needs to cool off and stop being so one-sided. So far, it's only been "Omfg it's not real RP", or "Omfg, Tiramisu is too buggy". Why don't we look at both?

OpenAura is a product being sold for profit. If Conna developed it the same way as Tiramisu is being developed, he would have no profit. That's why it's mostly eye candy. It grabs people. It invites them. Ignorant people are more likely to buy Crysis than Doom because of the graphics, same with OA and Tiramisu.

However, Tiramisu is more original and takes a step back from being everywhere. When RPing, there's barely any noticeable HUD which adds to immersion, and uses an innovative clothes system. But, it looks a lot less appealing to the eye, which wards off people.

The two gamemodes have different goals. Stop crying about which is better, your not changing anyones mind.

4. Post #84
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    "Omfg, Tiramisu is too buggy".
    Because it is.

5. Post #85

October 2010
    17 Posts
    Because it is.
    Dude - STFU. I just said somethings. That DarkRP is great gamemode just most of the players there suck. And if you wanna play OA go play it. I would never create a OA server just because I have tried playing OA three times and the char syste, was bugged. + I played WW3 rp and it was just walking between 4 rocks.

6. Post #86

7. Post #87
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Dude - STFU.
    Lolk. You told me bro.

8. Post #88

October 2010
    17 Posts
    Lolk. You told me bro.
    Yeah... sorry bout that btw, didn't want to insult you if I did.

9. Post #89
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    Because it is.
    Please tell me which bugs interfere with roleplaying a character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90

February 2012
    5 Posts
    y they those free now?????? http://dramaunlimited.org/openaura-releases-2/

but still want ask pay?????????? http://cloudsixteen.com/store/cart.php

??????????????????????????????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    May 2008
    822 Posts

My IQ dropped just now.

Are you saying:

Why are these free: <link> ?
    When those want money: <link> ?

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    685 Posts

In Cloud Sixteen, everything costs 50 dollars.

But in Drama Unlimited, everything is free.

Do the math.

13. Post #93

February 2012
    5 Posts
    i understand now...

14. Post #94
    No, it's saying: You can get Cloud Sixteen schemas here, or you can get a pirated and illegal copy here.

Cloud Sixteen schemas are only $50 and you get good support (we have five people on our support team), plus you'd be supporting a small indie team.

You can legitimately buy schemas here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,409 Posts
    Isn't illegal a bit.. not true at all.. pirated sounds more like it.

16. Post #96
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,213 Posts
    No, it's saying: You can get Cloud Sixteen schemas here, or you can get a pirated and illegal copy here.

Cloud Sixteen schemas are only $50 and you get good support (we have five people on our support team), plus you'd be supporting a small indie team.

You can legitimately buy schemas here.
    As much as I think cloud sixteen is a joke among jokes.

$50 sounds reasonable for schema's. Assuming the base & schema is code that can be openly read, modified and checked for backdoors.

Trying to mash the code into dll's has been a major downfall for the selling of those gamemodes.

17. Post #97

February 2012
    5 Posts
    $50??

Better be-able to make whatever changes to the schema... be it adding features or just changing some lua while keeping the same name...