1. Post #81
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    Okay.
    Can someone say the name of the Aperture Science Innovators Cube model?

2. Post #82
    July 2009
    86 Posts
    It's located in "models\props_underground\underground_weighted_cub e.mdl".
    So, I won't compile it for GMod if you do.
    *messing up with player.mdl*

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    171 Posts

:3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 37Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84

April 2011
    24 Posts
    I see alot fo things i like, when do i download?

i want the turrets, the cubes, Chell, the robots, the cores, and the portal guns, and i dont have portal 2, but im getting it soon fro xbox, which is why i want them on gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,265 Posts

That one big-ass Turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    April 2011
    2,693 Posts
    Is that like a real turret from the game or is that like some fuck up? And I ask this because I haven't played it yet :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,962 Posts
    Is that like a real turret from the game or is that like some fuck up? And I ask this because I haven't played it yet :(
    It's a singing turret seen during the    end credits movie   

8. Post #88
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,497 Posts
    And on an elevator too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #89
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    June 2010
    1,848 Posts
    How did you guys de-compile the mdl, it wont let me

Edited:

far out some people are fast, lol im still stuck with this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    September 2010
    913 Posts
    I see alot fo things i like, when do i download?

i want the turrets, the cubes, Chell, the robots, the cores, and the portal guns, and i dont have portal 2, but im getting it soon fro xbox, which is why i want them on gmod
    :frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 25Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    January 2011
    337 Posts
    If someone could take Cave's Portraits and make them available for use in Gmod and the normal Hammer, i'd be grateful.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,230 Posts
    Is there any progress on Chell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,181 Posts
    Anyone know if it's possible to replace Chell's model with the coop bots? I thought about trying hexing but I'm not sure if you change the name of the folder inside the file without breaking anything. I need to change it to 'models/chell' but that's one letter short of 'models/eggbot'.

14. Post #94
    Does anyone at all know which gcf they are located in? Second time I'm asking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,181 Posts
    You need to open pak01_dir.vpk with GCFscape, the VPKs are all essentially one big GCF.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,255 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if her face mesh was based of Zoey's. They both have really similar facial structure and head shapes.
    I thought they had just used Zoey's face at first.
    well, they WERE both based on the same person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    You need to open pak01_dir.vpk with GCFscape, the VPKs are all essentially one big GCF.
    Error writing C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\pak01_dir.vpk (Error: NCF files are indexes and do not contain any file data.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    October 2010
    765 Posts
    It's a singing turret seen during the    end credits movie   
    I thought that was a movie, not a map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,181 Posts
    Error writing C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\pak01_dir.vpk (Error: NCF files are indexes and do not contain any file data.)
    You need all the VPKs in the same folder.

20. Post #100
    April 2011
    110 Posts
    It's also in an elevator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    January 2008
    13 Posts
    Great work so far guys.

Could somebody post a download link to a .max file of Chell and her textures? I would really appreciate it, I really want to do a retexture of her suit to the yellow and black and maybe even model the rest of the suit and the leg braces to look like in the one from the concept art

Wow, it has been a while since I visited this site.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    584 Posts
    actually the fat turret does appear in-game as a easter egg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mpfsvhvoaQ go to 1:55
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,358 Posts
        Moon    models, perhaps?
    I want to take a close look at them but I could never find where they're located in the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #104

September 2009
    809 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that's just a texture, or part of the skybox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
        Moon    models, perhaps?
    I want to take a close look at them but I could never find where they're located in the map.
    psure its just a movie

Or maybe not, I can't find its .bik in media
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Low chance to make them as NPC because they are different bone set... not like a real human.
    Could someone show me a cube with 2 turrets? In game they was wierdly cute :(
    They looked like something out of a dream I had once.

27. Post #107
    April 2011
    314 Posts
    psure its just a movie

Its not a movie because there is a skybox for the moon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #108
    August 2010
    88 Posts
    Open with Gibbeds VPK Extractor

I really want the furniture and the computers.
    me too !!!

1st: Copy the vtx and rename the copys to:
    modelname.dx80.vtx
    modelname.dx90.vtx
    modelname.sw.vtx

2nd: Open the VTFs with hex editor (I used XVI32) and after 9 squares (On the line 0) change the value from 05 to 04 or 03 (02 will make the textures appear green).

3rd: do the same on the other textures and good game!

As for the particles: No way to convert them for PCF1
    Im sorry, iam noob in this direction. After all this manipulation, whats next ? Use a MDLDecompiler ?

29. Post #109

July 2009
    298 Posts
    psure its just a movie

Assuming he means the stuff on the moon (ie, the rover, rocks, etc) and not the moon itself, the models can be found under models>props_moon. I haven't looked at them myself but odds are fairly good that they aren't fully modeled since you only see them from one side.

30. Post #110
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,036 Posts
    Im sorry, iam noob in this direction. After all this manipulation, whats next ? Use a MDLDecompiler ?
    Looks like that's the only step.

Slightly relevant to that, as its a long process to do every vtf file I am working on a small tool to make the changes to every texture file. Would anyone be interested in this once I am done with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Valve and their jokes, adding the flag and the set that was seen in the Moon landing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,265 Posts
    Valve and their jokes, adding the flag and the set that was seen in the Moon landing.
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    August 2010
    88 Posts
    Slightly relevant to that, as its a long process to do every vtf file I am working on a small tool to make the changes to every texture file. Would anyone be interested in this once I am done with it?
    me intresting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #114
    February 2008
    816 Posts
    I'm pretty interested in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,330 Posts
    I know this is a porting thread but it would be awesome if somebody could model/make that huge animal king turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts

Only problem is that Decompiler seem to break some of the files, Wonder if there any newer decompiler for this, I heard Dino D-day had the same problem too.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,048 Posts
    Any ETA on P-Body and Atlas as ragdolls?

38. Post #118
    July 2009
    86 Posts
    Cannonfodders decompiler stops decompiling at the ~21000th vertex.
    I think bacause it was impossible to compile a model with more vertex count > 21k and when the decompiler processes vertex #21000 it thinks:

"OMFG THIS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL HI-POLY MODEL I ALREADY PROCESSED 21000 VERTEXES SO I SHOULD STOP NOW CUS MODELS IN SOURCE ENGINE CANT HAVE 22000 VERTEXES AND THIS IS OBVIOUSLY THE END OF THE FILE AND AFTER THIS END OF THE FILE GOES SOME USELESS STUPH"
    And reports about a successful decompilation.

I also think that information about additional files(animations etc) is located at the end of the file, so the decompiler even doesn't know about additiona files because stops somewhere before. There is some information about the MDL & Co. file formats on Valve's wiki.

I wanted to mirror Chell's left hand to replace tha part that didn't decompile. I replaced the hand successfully, but there is a little problem with her suit(ERUPERTURE). I will fix that.

Clickable.

Aw, there are white strips on her hair because I forgot to turn on material opacity before rendering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Any ETA on P-Body and Atlas as ragdolls?
    Decompiler couldn't extract them very well.

40. Post #120
    February 2010
    93 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/WulfyStylez/screenshots/

Pictures of a bunch of stuff I've ported, just props and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)