1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    It's not like they have a lot of sets to build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2010
    875 Posts
    so it got delayed because they couldnt finish it on time or what? i really wanted to see this movie
    Yeah, they didn't finish

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    848 Posts
    This thread needs bump now that this movie just came out. I just came back from it, in my opinion it sucked and just used cheap jumps to try to scare you.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,022 Posts
    Considering how amazingly cheap this was to make ($5 million? Holy shit) I bet it's going to make a neat and tidy profit.

5. Post #45
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    This movie looks like crusty asshole.

6. Post #46
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Good premise, but execution was 6/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,229 Posts
    As I've said in about 3 threads already, the film was a messy pile of anus. 3/10.

The amount of inaccuracies about the moon and space in general, the fact that EVERY scare was a cheap predictable jump scare, and they actually used the same scare twice (in the crater with the flashing torch), oooh I really wanted it to be good.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,179 Posts
    the movie was really pretty i thought, the story sucked.     i think it would have been more terrifying if the aliens weren't space rocks and there was only one of them terrorizing the astronauts.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #49
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,242 Posts
    the movie was really pretty i thought, the story sucked.     i think it would have been more terrifying if the aliens weren't space rocks and there was only one of them terrorizing the astronauts.   
    Spoiler tags the next time please.

10. Post #50
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    I found the film to be very disappointing. It could have been fantastic, but it went for rather cheap scares and did not do anything interesting, novel, or original. I would give it like 1.5/4 because while I did not hate it, I have nothing good to say about it either. I could talk a lot more about how inaccurate the science was, or how inherently flawed the premise was by way of storytelling, but I just want to warn people about this movie.

If the premise of Apollo 18 interests you, please watch the Doctor Who episode entitled "Midnight," because it did well what I expected Apollo 18 to do: something interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_(Doctor_Who)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,590 Posts
    This thread needs bump now that this movie just came out. I just came back from it, in my opinion it sucked and just used cheap jumps to try to scare you.
    Jump scares? So did the astronauts just float away?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,268 Posts
    I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. Sure it could have been done better, but for the most part it is a thrilling movie and the scares weren't really cheap if you think about it. The only scares I would consider cheap were ones you could see coming from a mile away (mostly still frame, low audio levels, little movement, duh). The story was decent. Now you can have fun thinking about how    all the rocks on the moon are going to kill you   . The film was something that hasn't been done before, and it pulled it off well enough to be enjoyable.

I'd give it an 8/10

14. Post #54
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Unique?
    All these movies had aliens taking control/masquerading as humans.

Alien
    Aliens
    The Faculty
    Alien vs. Predator
    Dreamcatcher
    The Astronaut's Wife
    Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
    Dreamcatcher
    Body Snatchers
    The Hidden
    Dark City

Those are just the one's I've seen.
    I know this post was made back in April, but I want to point out something that no one else has seemed to notice: He mentioned "Dreamcatcher" twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    Can't wait for the dvd to be out and someone to dub the whole film with the voices from moonbase alpha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    Uhuh it's real because a Chris loyd, Warren Christie and Ryan Robbins are totally not actors.....

17. Post #57
    August 2011
    221 Posts
    I know this post was made back in April, but I want to point out something that no one else has seemed to notice: He mentioned "Dreamcatcher" twice.
    Fascinating discovery, professor.

18. Post #58
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,065 Posts
    This film was fucking terrible.
    If I went to watch it alone I'd probably have slept. Luckily I was able to spend my time in other ways.

1/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)