1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,072 Posts
    I began porting stuff from Portal 2 the day it was out, After an entire week of late nights and monotonous bugfixing, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

[release]THIS PACK (sadly) DOESN'T CONTAIN:

Atlas, P-body, Chell, or Wheatley, because the ragdolls need recompiling or something so that they don't crash the game. I don't know how to do this.

HOWEVER,

THIS PACK DOES CONTAIN:

Nearly every single prop from Portal 2, aside from a few ridiculously useless ones or broken ones, fixed for use in Garry's mod, and they can be used in Episode 2 for mapping too i suppose, since i tested most of them using hammer and modelviewer.

MEDIA:

[/release]

[release]HANDY INFO:

SPAWNICONS:

If the same spawnicon keeps being generated for more than one prop in a folder, just restart gmod and re-render all of those. If it happens it means your game ran out of memory from rendering so many icons, it happened to me a few times.

If your game crashes whilst opening folders, then it's a problem on your side, all props that crash the game have been removed.

TURRETS AS NPCS

Using modelmanipulator, turrets can be used as combine turrets. (doesn't work for the fat turret)

SPAWNING GLADOS

Glados doesn't show up in the spawn menu for some reason, but if you type or paste the following into your console:

prop_dynamic_create npcs/glados/glados_animation.mdl

(requires cheats so it doesn't work in multiplayer unless the host puts cheats on.)

She can kind of be spawned. She's not a ragdoll and you need to pull pretty hard to get her out of the floor, but she works.

SPAWN MENUS

I haven't created any because the browse menu isn't hard to use. It's not rocket science.

BUT FRANKEREST DID BECAUSE HE'S SYMPATHETIC
    (link removed due to megaupload broke so you're screwed if you want the spawnlists)

[/release]

[release] THE DOWNLOAD:
    Because it's an absolute beast of a file, its split into 4 parts. Get all of them for it to work.
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261635/portal+p1.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261701/portal+p2.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261743/portal+p3.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261863/portal+p4.zip

I know filefront hasn't worked for everyone in the past, So if anyone wants to upload all the parts to another website feel free to do so, send me the links and i'll add them here.

Thanks to Frankerest for uploading all of this shit.

Thanks to Sgt. Shrapnel for providing a megaupload link but sadly now megaupload is dead. Still, kudos to him for uploading this ridiculously huge pack there.

MORE DOWNLOAD LINKS IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DON'T WORK:
    http://•••••••••.comeze.com/files/ot...l2_Content.zip
    http://2shared.com/file/J166B-RM/Portal2_Content.html
    http://extabit.com/file/28ebhailriv28

Thanks to Kajar for these.
    [/release]

[release]CREDITS TO:
    Valve for making Portal 2.
    Me for spending the whole week porting this shit for you guys.
    Frankerest for uploading it, helping me test it and for making some of the pictures.
    [/release]

[release] SUPER BONUS STUFF:

Super 8 models and stuff from the interactive trailer in Portal 2. Tons of dynamic props and stuff.

[/release]

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE PACK PM ME AND I'LL TRY TO HELP FIX IT.

Thanks, and have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 91Friendly x 7Useful x 3Dumb x 2Artistic x 1Late x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,871 Posts
    Coolio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    Very nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,929 Posts
    This is great, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,965 Posts
    Cool I guess, Can't wait for Ragdolls though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    81 Posts
    If the pack actually breaks or gets taken down from filefront, pm me if floater isn't online, I've got the parts mirrored but I can't put it in the op since they get taken down if they get too many downloads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    3 Posts
    No Existe El Model De La Chica De Portal 2?

Me Pαrese Que Se Llama Chell Al Asν
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny x 17Dumb x 5Optimistic x 4Agree x 2Winner x 1Informative x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    81 Posts
    woup nevermind

9. Post #9
    October 2010
    180 Posts
    Now.. who's going to port the ragdolls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    December 2010
    456 Posts
    did you port the super 8 stuff as well? or just everything except what's listed above

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,072 Posts
    I forgot to port that stuff since it was mostly just clumps of props or Episode 2 stuff, i didn't think it was worth porting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,074 Posts
    I want the cores next. Wheatley, Space Core and Rick.

I'm in space   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    3 Posts
    This is Was a triumph! (xD)
    this is great, very good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,089 Posts
    do the plants have animations? i loved the swaying animation on them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,072 Posts
    I never looked to see if they did, they might do.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,308 Posts
    That's tremendous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,010 Posts
    Just out of interest, what steps did you have to take to get the models to work in gmod?
    The hex editing method worked ok(ish) for me but a lot of textures looked messed up as hell.

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    5 Posts
    so none of the ragdolls work?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    81 Posts
    orangesodasmurf posted:
    so none of the ragdolls work?
    The only working ragdoll, that isn't an elevator or some minorly rigged prop to have bones, that works is the crash dummy in props_lab.
    All of the main characters don't work from a crashing problem, so until someone decompiles them and makes them spawn correctly in gmod, no dice.
    JSM posted:
    Just out of interest, what steps did you have to take to get the models to work in gmod?
    The hex editing method worked ok(ish) for me but a lot of textures looked messed up as hell.
    If I recall correctly after doing the hex edit thing and setting its' texture type from 7.5 to 7.0, you have to open up the .vmt for the model you're doing, and save it as itself manually, you don't have to change anything, just overwrite itself now that the texture type changed, there's a chance I'm wrong but if I am float will likely answer correctly in the morning.(for him.)

I'm off to bed too, tired as fuuuck

20. Post #20
    January 2010
    60 Posts
    You are winner! Great job!
    Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    353 Posts
    Good job guy. And I like the picture of the yacht with the $60 price tag implying that $60 is a lot of money. Made me laugh in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2010
    130 Posts
    You are Winner!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree x 3Funny x 1Winner x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2010
    238 Posts
    would it be possible to re- rig this GLaDOS to the portal 1 GLaDOS skeleton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

July 2009
    298 Posts
    Filefront has a nasty habit of randomly deleting files for no damn reason, so here, have a Megaupload mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RWHFAJB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,074 Posts
    would it be possible to re- rig this GLaDOS to the portal 1 GLaDOS skeleton
    The Portal 1 GLaDOS Ragdoll was the hardest thing I ever picked up in GMod ever. It took me over 2 hours to make a shitty pose with her
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    90 Posts
    I would love a spawnlist for these, since I don't like navigating through the thingy (I already forgot the name for it, sad day to be me...) to find the models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27

April 2011
    1 Posts
    good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Initiating slow clap processor.

*clap*

*clap*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

29. Post #29
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,529 Posts
    I wonder if we can get the models to animate? :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2010
    476 Posts
    Initiating slow clap processor.

*clap*

*clap*
    Good, that's still working.

And on a side note, realllllly wish I could download this pack without waiting for hours because of this crappy internet. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2010
    1,319 Posts
    Really nice details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,072 Posts
    If you change the .vtf version from 7.5 to 7.0 you have to do the thing Frankerest said, but if you change it to 0.4 they work without you having to resave them. I discovered this after spending hours doing the method Frankerest is talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2010
    3,069 Posts
    "SPAWN MENUS"

"I haven't created any because the browse menu isn't hard to use. It's not rocket science."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah right! Of course it's rocket science.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    "SPAWN MENUS"

"I haven't created any because the browse menu isn't hard to use. It's not rocket science."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah right! Of course it's rocket science.
    You wish. It's easier than making a sandwich, and things aren't generally easier than making a sandwich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2010
    3,069 Posts
    You wish. It's easier than making a sandwich, and things aren't generally easier than making a sandwich.
    >:-| I don't know how to make a sandwich mah boi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    81 Posts
    okay jeez
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FP5MJ8TY
    there's the spawnlists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,010 Posts
    If you change the .vtf version from 7.5 to 7.0 you have to do the thing Frankerest said, but if you change it to 0.4 they work without you having to resave them. I discovered this after spending hours doing the method Frankerest is talking about.

My program changed them all to 7.4 and I still got texture problems in places. I must have done something wrong, good to see someone managed to get a lot of the content working in gmod.

I'll point people in this direction, this seems to be a better solution.

Edited:

There's some interesting stuff in props_underground that were either cut or I did not see them.

Spoiler tagged due to possibility of model names spoiling the game

eg    models/props_underground/stasis_chamber_outro.mdl   
       models/props_underground/stasis_chamber_female_01.mdl   
    etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,072 Posts
       They're from the coop levels.   

And what kind of problems were you having?

39. Post #39
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,529 Posts
    Anyone know how to play animations on effects? I'm sad I can't get the awesome panels to move :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2010
    39 Posts
    ...I came...

Good work! Thanks for working so hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)