1. Post #201
    August 2011
    37 Posts
    I made ported the co-op bots and Chell but they crash my Garry's Mod!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    August 2008
    1,209 Posts
    I made ported the co-op bots and Chell but they crash my Garry's Mod!
    "I made ported..." Excuse me.. WHAAAAAT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    August 2011
    2,577 Posts
    "I made ported..." Excuse me.. WHAAAAAT?
    Was that really worth a useless bump?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    mvr
    August 2008
    796 Posts
    Can you port the dlc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,387 Posts
    There's nothing in the dlc to port from what i saw.

Everything just looked like reused standard portal 2 models.

These are all the 'new' models:

Non fire emitting versions of the bot gibs, static robot arms, and a big door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #206
    mvr
    August 2008
    796 Posts
    There's nothing in the dlc to port from what i saw.

Everything just looked like reused standard portal 2 models.

These are all the 'new' models:

Non fire emitting versions of the bot gibs, static robot arms, and a big door.
    Still can you release them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #207

October 2011
    1 Posts
    This is the one it replaces.

It's not really a loss if this overwrites it:

Here's the door, it'll overwrite the portal 1 model if you just place it in your garrysmod folder, or if you put it in the folder for whichever game you're mapping with if it's for mapping.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9988278/vert_door.zip
    also included is an animated one that's used in Portal 2 and one solid model with the top half, bottom half, and the frame, and no animations. It's odd how the ones that replace the Portal 1 models don't seem to be actually used in Portal 2. Must've been placeholders or something.
    Umm, can you reupload this, it seems to have been deleted.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,387 Posts
    Link should work again now.

Try clicking it aain.

9. Post #209

August 2011
    71 Posts
    Yes, But i try mapping on gmod and no models show up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #210
    January 2012
    2 Posts
    Very sorry to bump this, but how do you download it? I have the Zip files extracted, but where in my directory should each thing be? Having each of the "Portal p1/p2/p3/p4" files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod \addons doesn't seem to make them appear in game. Where do I need to put the files?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    December 2010
    882 Posts
    Very sorry to bump this, but how do you download it? I have the Zip files extracted, but where in my directory should each thing be? Having each of the "Portal p1/p2/p3/p4" files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod \addons doesn't seem to make them appear in game. Where do I need to put the files?
    If it doesnt appear, Check the garrys Mod browser. If that doesnt work...which at this point idk why it should. Make sure you have the info.txt file

12. Post #212
    December 2010
    356 Posts
    it needs a spawn list to appear in the main spawn menu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #213

January 2012
    2 Posts
    Hey, I downloaded the pack from the Megaupload link and put it into addons, but I can't find it anywhere in the Browse tab! Can somebody help me?

14. Post #214
    December 2010
    882 Posts
    Hey, I downloaded the pack from the Megaupload link and put it into addons, but I can't find it anywhere in the Browse tab! Can somebody help me?
    it needs a spawn list to appear in the main spawn menu

15. Post #215
    December 2010
    356 Posts
    *palmface*

thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    April 2011
    48 Posts
    After reading my old comment I want to kill myself but then I would't get to play with this on my new pc!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #217

May 2011
    35 Posts
    So, what is this under? I've never had trouble before. But this is complicated and since megaupload got tooken down, i don't know how to find them.

18. Post #218
    December 2010
    882 Posts
    So, what is this under? I've never had trouble before. But this is complicated and since megaupload got tooken down, i don't know how to find them.
    MORE DOWNLOAD LINKS IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DON'T WORK:
    http://.comeze.com/files/ot...l2_Content.zip
    http://2shared.com/file/J166B-RM/Portal2_Content.html
    http://extabit.com/file/28ebhailriv28
    *Check the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this has been posted but:

Megaupload is dead, take down the megaupload download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,387 Posts
    I really don't see why it's so difficult just to not click the megaupload link, but whatever. Removed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    GIF
    March 2012
    5 Posts
    I began porting stuff from Portal 2 the day it was out, After an entire week of late nights and monotonous bugfixing, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

[release]THIS PACK (sadly) DOESN'T CONTAIN:

Atlas, P-body, Chell, or Wheatley, because the ragdolls need recompiling or something so that they don't crash the game. I don't know how to do this.

HOWEVER,

THIS PACK DOES CONTAIN:

Nearly every single prop from Portal 2, aside from a few ridiculously useless ones or broken ones, fixed for use in Garry's mod, and they can be used in Episode 2 for mapping too i suppose, since i tested most of them using hammer and modelviewer.

MEDIA:

[/release]

[release]HANDY INFO:

SPAWNICONS:

If the same spawnicon keeps being generated for more than one prop in a folder, just restart gmod and re-render all of those. If it happens it means your game ran out of memory from rendering so many icons, it happened to me a few times.

If your game crashes whilst opening folders, then it's a problem on your side, all props that crash the game have been removed.

TURRETS AS NPCS

Using modelmanipulator, turrets can be used as combine turrets. (doesn't work for the fat turret)

SPAWNING GLADOS

Glados doesn't show up in the spawn menu for some reason, but if you type or paste the following into your console:

prop_dynamic_create npcs/glados/glados_animation.mdl

(requires cheats so it doesn't work in multiplayer unless the host puts cheats on.)

She can kind of be spawned. She's not a ragdoll and you need to pull pretty hard to get her out of the floor, but she works.

SPAWN MENUS

I haven't created any because the browse menu isn't hard to use. It's not rocket science.

BUT FRANKEREST DID BECAUSE HE'S SYMPATHETIC
    (link removed due to megaupload broke so you're screwed if you want the spawnlists)

[/release]

[release] THE DOWNLOAD:
    Because it's an absolute beast of a file, its split into 4 parts. Get all of them for it to work.
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261635/portal+p1.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261701/portal+p2.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261743/portal+p3.zip
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20261863/portal+p4.zip

I know filefront hasn't worked for everyone in the past, So if anyone wants to upload all the parts to another website feel free to do so, send me the links and i'll add them here.

Thanks to Frankerest for uploading all of this shit.

Thanks to Sgt. Shrapnel for providing a megaupload link but sadly now megaupload is dead. Still, kudos to him for uploading this ridiculously huge pack there.

MORE DOWNLOAD LINKS IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DON'T WORK:
    http://.comeze.com/files/ot...l2_Content.zip
    http://2shared.com/file/J166B-RM/Portal2_Content.html
    http://extabit.com/file/28ebhailriv28

Thanks to Kajar for these.
    [/release]

[release]CREDITS TO:
    Valve for making Portal 2.
    Me for spending the whole week porting this shit for you guys.
    Frankerest for uploading it, helping me test it and for making some of the pictures.
    [/release]

[release] SUPER BONUS STUFF:

Super 8 models and stuff from the interactive trailer in Portal 2. Tons of dynamic props and stuff.

[/release]

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE PACK PM ME AND I'LL TRY TO HELP FIX IT.

Thanks, and have fun.
    This...Is...AWESOME

Edited:

Also,We need Spawn menu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    81 Posts
    This...Is...AWESOME

Edited:

Also,We need Spawn menu.
    should've grabbed them whilst they were made in my post about a year ago, afraid they're impossible to replicate, sorry!!

you'll have to use the browse menu and make your own spawnlist, also please don't quote the entire post in a bump, we all appreciate it, I assure you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,387 Posts
    Don't quote the whole damn thread.

There were some but it was a megaupload link. They're not difficult to make, so you could make them yourself.

god damn it frank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    GIF
    March 2012
    5 Posts
    should've grabbed them whilst they were made in my post about a year ago, afraid they're impossible to replicate, sorry!!

you'll have to use the browse menu and make your own spawnlist, also please don't quote the entire post in a bump, we all appreciate it, I assure you.
    Sorry,It was my first time Quoting :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    October 2010
    15 Posts
    Whence the models from SOB?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,387 Posts
    What?

I don't see why people can't just PM me or something instead of continuously bumping this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #227

May 2012
    1 Posts
    cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    September 2011
    1,862 Posts
    Send a PM next time dude, this thread is dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)