1. Post #201
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    New weapons gotta be fun and creative so that they offer enough interest for a subclass type of action (huntsman, gunslinger, sword&board, you know the deal)

Also, a whole lot of new Unusual effects and paints and paint effects? What is all this shit? Why can't Valve save any brilliant Team Fortress-ideas for the future, now they are just rushing shit seeing how people will react. So in a way it seems like Valve is milking money again.
    Oh for christ's sake, nothing in this update, as far as we can tell, has to do with money...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

2. Post #202
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    New weapons gotta be fun and creative so that they offer enough interest for a subclass type of action (huntsman, gunslinger, sword&board, you know the deal)

Also, a whole lot of new Unusual effects and paints and paint effects? What is all this shit? Why can't Valve save any brilliant Team Fortress-ideas for the future, now they are just rushing shit seeing how people will react. So in a way it seems like Valve is milking money again.
    I laughed at your post.

"yay, new weapons and other interesting stuff. WHAT?! NEW UNUSUAL EFFECTS AND PAINT EFFECTS? WHAT ARE YOU DOING VALVE?! STOP THAT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    22,768 Posts
    "Ol' Geezer"? Remembers me of that. What could it be?

Also: Don't get mad about a projectile destroying minigun. It says "Rounds destroy rockets and grenades in-f" in-f what?
    In flight? I don't know that's a random guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #204
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    In flight? I don't know that's a random guess.
    Oh. I'm so dumb...sorry it's 2:55 a.m. in germany now and I'm so hyped! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

5. Post #205
    May 2008
    863 Posts
    STS down for maintenance!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #206
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    Uh oh... :ohdear:

7. Post #207
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    No idea what STS is, even if it's in the title. Can you tell me what it is?

8. Post #208
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    Maintenance...Of course! You tricky Valve!

@ Pyro: it's "Steam Translation Server"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    No idea what STS is, even if it's in the title. Can you tell me what it is?
    Steam Translation Servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    August 2009
    298 Posts
    Hey, Secondary weapons that are actually weapons. It's about time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #211
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Sooo.. what does STS have to do with the actual game? Does it usually go down before an update?

12. Post #212
    April 2011
    573 Posts
    The translators get given things to translate before they go into the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

13. Post #213
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    Sooo.. what does STS have to do with the actual game? Does it usually go down before an update?
    They are translating the game files for other languages. Moreso the new ones for an upcoming update. It does not usually go down. I just think, it's a trick from Valve.

14. Post #214
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Confused here. It wouldn't take like, 5 minutes to translate, right? It'd take days..?

15. Post #215
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    Valve made the translations for most stuff but now the community can translate all that stuff. It usually ends with better translations. SOMETIMES... :colbert:

I have no clue... :gonk:

16. Post #216
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    Confused here. It wouldn't take like, 5 minutes to translate, right? It'd take days..?
    Reffering to how huge this upcoming Update is. Yes.

17. Post #217
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,254 Posts
    I laughed at your post.

"yay, new weapons and other interesting stuff. WHAT?! NEW UNUSUAL EFFECTS AND PAINT EFFECTS? WHAT ARE YOU DOING VALVE?! STOP THAT"
    Nah man paints are fucking cool they don't affect in gameplay or anything. all of my hats are painted if they can be painted.
    but saying "more unusuals, it's not about money" when the whole Unusual gimmick is about money and money only. i don't mind them, they look ridiculous, that's it, you won't be seeing me wearing one.

also, paints effects, it sounds cool i dont know what it is even, like weapon paints? shit like blood stains on my aluminium bat? unlikely, but would be awesome. or is it rainbow colored hats? yeah.. nah..

but most importantly, i'm interested at the items. i'd like to see engineer getting some new firepower in terms of a new shotgun, but oh the Heavy got one. :saddowns: afterall shotgun IS the primary weapon for engi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

18. Post #218
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,409 Posts
    if they add the detonator, i want it to look like a flintlock pistol or something
    it'd be cool imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

19. Post #219
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    They need to get approved and sometimes people may come up with better translations.

20. Post #220
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    I'm gonna stop asking questions about stuff I don't understand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    While the new items and weapons are nice and all...

I just want all the bugs the hatless update created to be fixed :smith:
    (Mostly the randomly disappearing hats)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #222
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    if they add the detonator, i want it to look like a flintlock pistol or something
    it'd be cool imo
    It sounds like fireworks in the Beta, so it probably won't be something like that.

23. Post #223
    Dennab
    July 2010
    5,639 Posts
    Well, there are weapons coming that weren't in any polycount pack, meaning they could be Valve-made.
    Shit man, this could be like one of those old style updates back when we had less than ten hats in total.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

24. Post #224
    April 2011
    869 Posts
    (Mostly the randomly disappearing hats)
    It was called "The Hatless Update" for a reason, y'know?
    No, but seriously, annoys me too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,040 Posts
    Oh for christ's sake, nothing in this update, as far as we can tell, has to do with money...
    Except for all the moneys I'mma get when people buy my stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,813 Posts
    Hooray, new weapons! I'll never actually be able to use them since the drop system is absolutely stupid and probably the second most ridiculous idea ever conceived, but it's nice that they're there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,898 Posts
    Someone in our chat mentioned this hat was on the list
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B68LS6_L5M

I'm not entirely sure, and it's kind of a ridiculous hat, so take it with a grain of salt. I haven't read the lists carefully enough to pinpoint what item it would be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    April 2011
    573 Posts

I'm not entirely sure, and it's kind of a ridiculous hat, so take it with a grain of salt. I haven't read the lists carefully enough to pinpoint what item it would be.
    Oh god that would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #229
    July 2009
    4,165 Posts
    I love how Daimao is just moderating this thread. He knows something we don't
    Daimao rated you agree. X 100

Also, inb4 shitty unbalanced weapons with useless set bonuses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,907 Posts

Pyro's Identity Confirmed as a TV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    July 2007
    37 Posts
    Hooray, now players can go round with goatse on their chests. Can't wait!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Jersey Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Daimao rated you agree. X 100

Also, inb4 shitty unbalanced weapons with useless set bonuses.
    I did not notice that. TELL US DAIMAO! TELL US AND WE WON'T ATTEMPT TO MURDER YOU!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Please excuse me if this is late and has been said before but the "Mean Medicine" pack is Y_M's medic polycount pack.

And as you can see from the STS picture, it includes names of some of the weapons; The Overdose, Schwaben Charger, and The Tonsil Clamps

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,813 Posts

Prime candidate for a custom texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,171 Posts
    Storm cloud unusual effect? Looks like the Hard Counter's about to shoot up in value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

36. Post #236
    April 2011
    869 Posts

This could actually be the "Splendid Screen" we were wondering about.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9068188/STS3.png

37. Post #237
    June 2010
    11,179 Posts
    Please excuse me if this is late and has been said before but the "Mean Medicine" pack is Y_M's medic polycount pack.

And as you can see from the STS picture, it includes names of some of the weapons; The Overdose, Schwaben Charger, and The Tonsil Clamps

Backpack

Replaces Backpack

:byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #238
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,688 Posts

Why the hell isn't it the medigun with the prongs?

39. Post #239
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,898 Posts
    This could actually be the "Splendid Screen" we were wondering about.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9068188/STS3.png
    Ah, yes it is.

That hat has 4 styles
    Hmm...

40. Post #240
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    I'm going to assume that The Overdose will be the Beta Syringe Gun, The Schwaben Charger will be the Quick Fix, and the Tonsil Clamps will be the Beta Bonesaw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)