1. Post #1
    GTR
    March 2010
    279 Posts

Trailer

Synopsis
    In the fifth installment in the "Fast and Furious" series, former cop Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) partners with ex-con Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) on the opposite side of the law. Since Brian and Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) broke Dom out of custody, they've blown across many borders to elude authorities. Now backed into a corner in Rio de Janeiro, they must pull one last job in order to gain their freedom. As they assemble their elite team of top racers, the unlikely allies know their only shot of getting out for good means confronting the corrupt businessman who wants them dead. But he's not the only one on their tail. Hard-nosed federal agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) never misses his target. When he is assigned to track down Dom and Brian, he and his strike team launch an all-out assault to capture them. But as his men tear through Brazil, Hobbs learns he can't separate the good guys from the bad. Now, he must rely on his instincts to corner his prey... before someone else runs them down first.
    I just watched this yesterday and I was pretty happy. The typical Fast & Furious formula: cars, girls and bank heists, with a satisfying amount of hot-blooded action. Vin Diesel vs. The Rock make up quite a hell of a fight scene. In short:

“They beat the shit out of each other, we shot for probably four days of them literally beating the shit out of each other".
    In order of chronological events, I believe Tokyo Drift would be after this film.

Cast
    Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner, Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Lucas Hobbs, Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce, and Ludacris as Tej Parker.

:iiaca:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,043 Posts
    this is receiving surprisingly good reviews
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,666 Posts
    I hated the second one and third one, fourth wasn't horrible, and I'm looking forward to this one. Looks pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    I watched this yesterday. Almost no racing. 90% action.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    February 2010
    10,147 Posts
    I never watched the fourth one. Did I miss a lot ?

Edited:

I watched this yesterday. Almost no racing. 90% action.
    But was it good?

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    I cannot lie, that trailer looks fucking amazing.

7. Post #7
    GTR
    March 2010
    279 Posts
    I never watched the fourth one. Did I miss a lot ?
    I haven't seen the fourth one either, but it starts off with Dominic being sentenced to prison. Probably didn't miss out on much as far as I know.

8. Post #8
    June 2010
    527 Posts
    I saw this yesterday, I thought it was a great movie.
    But it didn't have as much racing or enough cars as I would have liked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,087 Posts
    Saw it today, great movie IMHO. But yeah, a bit short on the racing but the cars they used were pretty cool. Especially the 69 Charger and the Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2010
    527 Posts
    I thought it was a pretty good end to the franchise.
    I REALLY hope they don't try to continue this...

11. Post #11
    GTR
    March 2010
    279 Posts
    I agree, but they never said anything about it being a sequel :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Did you watch the part after the credits? There will probably be another one.

13. Post #13
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    All I could think of was that this reminded me of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: The Movie.

At one point I was extremely tempted to yell out "RPGS ON THE ROOFTOPS!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,026 Posts
    Interview of the screenwriter.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    This. Is. The Coolest movie of the year.

To clarify: The acting was incredible, especially by Vin Diesel, who stole the show. The atmosphere was very thick, and the emotional scenes like Vince's death were very sad. The movie was incredibly hilarious and the entire theater was cracking up. The action was, well lets just say that by the bridge jump at the ten minute mark I had lost count of how many times the audience had said "holy shit."

And the cars? The greatest, most refined and tuned muscle I have ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    925 Posts
    Fucking spoilers much. i was reading your post thinking it was just an opinion then BAM you spoiled the movie i was going to watch for me,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2009
    639 Posts
    Fast & Furious (2009) had a good story to it, but they really over done it with the CGI. Especially when they were driving through the sand tunnels.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,758 Posts
    Just saw this, it was awesome. The end car chase was probably the best I've ever seen. Also I'm glad they kept the CGI to an absolute minimum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    195 Posts
    Just saw this, it was awesome. The end car chase was probably the best I've ever seen. Also I'm glad they kept the CGI to an absolute minimum.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahaha ahha ha you have the funniest fucking name I ever heard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    "But nawt tadejjj"

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Cars 5.

22. Post #22
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    Just saw it last night. Surprisingly hilarious. Never expected it. I've only seen Tokyo Drift, so I don't know much about the story at all.

However, this movie reminded me heavily of Ocean's Elven in the way the heist pulls out. There's even a plot device they took directly from Eleven near the end.

And those who are wondering: There is a HUGE fight between Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson that results in     Diesel winning and almost killing Dwayne by bashing a monkey wrench in his face    

When you watch this film: STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS. You'll be in for a big surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2007
    60 Posts
    Saw this last night also, just wow, I went in there expecting shit but it was brilliant and that fight was definately one of the highlights, I thought Vin was a big mother fucker but Dwaynes head alone is like twice the size, recommend!

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,196 Posts
    "literally beating the shit out of each other"
    I don't think he understands what he said there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

January 2009
    171 Posts
    The part after credits are telling me they are going to milk the series turning it into    Ocean's Eleven-Thirteen type of movie, on a side note did anyone feel like when they were stealing the vault it seemed like they made it to feel like the Ocean Movies.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    I saw it today, it was amazing. It needed more Dwayne Johnson though.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,257 Posts
    Just come back from seeing it. i dont think it was bad, could have done with more racing i think.

and it kind of disappointed me that the movie cut off before you could see who won the race at the end    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    I was pretty disappointed with this film, yeah the action was great, and as a movie it was pretty good. Although I never really watched this series for the story, or the fighting, I watched it for fast cars going really fast. This had no real racing at all, every time they were about to race it'd cut to the next scene.

29. Post #29
    October 2009
    804 Posts
    Pleasantly surprised with the film, went in not expecting much, came out have enjoyed myself. Decent flick, fun to watch. Just lacked a little racing, bit too much shooting and fighting.

And fuck me, Dwayne Johnson is the biggest motherfucker ive ever seen.

30. Post #30
    November 2010
    327 Posts
    The armored car in the movie is made by an armored car manufacturer in my City.

http://www.aavi.com/

http://www.aavi.com/?page_id=355

One of my friends is getting an F250 Chasis, Triton V8 engine and the factory is producing a fiberglass frame of that for him, it will look exactly the same when its complete just without the bullet proof capabilities.

I've also seen them driving around town every so often.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2006
    14,992 Posts
    Wow that was bad I'm really happy I didn't have to pay money to see it, especially the Rock's acting and lines, the entire theater was laughing at how bad it was.

I'VE GOT GOOD NEWS AND I'VE GOT BAD NEWS YOU KNOW I LIKE DESERT FIRST GIMME THE DAMN VEGGIES