1. Post #601
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,079 Posts
    Not sure what you mean by a hull preview-- do you mean like color every prop that would be used in the hull when you point at it or something?

Also, I want to clarify to everyone, hulls do NOT need ceilings-- they just need to be 3D. A windshield will do fine on your hoverboard provided that it's higher than your waist.
    maybe a HUD thing that has arrows showing which way is "down"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,716 Posts
    *Ability to build fantastic MC Esher style creations. *

*Everyone make hoverboards.*

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    822 Posts
    Like this, but for the hull:
    http://saitohud.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/images/bbox_filter.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #604
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    I shall now begin working on a spinning spacestation. Good luck me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    April 2010
    32 Posts
    I don't mean to be so pessimistic but in all honesty I get the feelin' this'll end up like gm_queryphys.
    That'd, like, be terrible, maan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    I don't mean to be so pessimistic but in all honesty I get the feelin' this'll end up like gm_queryphys.
    What happened to gm_queryphys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    July 2007
    45 Posts
    What happened to gm_queryphys?
    Exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    That'd, like, be terrible, maan.
    Queryphys was amazing. It's only flaw was that it couldn't do clientside prediction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

9. Post #609
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    Amazing!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,158 Posts
    Okay, another major bug has popped up (and yes, suprisingly, does involve SBEP)

If you have a ship that you used the GHL on, and it uses the docking clamp entity to dock with, let's say a station (That you have not used the GHL on), the station seems to become part of the same Hull the ship is in when the two meet.

Now here's the interesting thing. Once you undock the ship from the station and start flying off, the hull seems to expand between the station and the ship the further the ship flies off, meaning if you noclip in the air between the ship and station, you'll move with the ship even though you're not remotely near it.

Eventually the station seems to slightly vanish after awhile.

(Though I use the word "slightly" because the station stays exactly where it is when it vanishes and you can still kind of see it)

I haven't tried it with two ships yet, but i'm almost certain the same thing would happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #611
    July 2007
    45 Posts
    Diaspora: Spacebuild 3 is currently using it. You have my permission to add it to the list, if you want.

69.90.34.232:27017

EDIT: If you parent a seat, it appears to spit you out at the location you first sat down in. The recent update did not appear to fix this.

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,233 Posts
    SBEP support is important, but don't make it your first priority or at least don't be too concerned when you can't fix the problem. It's become such a large and cumbersome pack that its hard to find a mod that doesnt conflict with it. On any given server at least 20% of the entities are broken completely.

13. Post #613
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    SBEP support is important, but don't make it your first priority or at least don't be too concerned when you can't fix the problem. It's become such a large and cumbersome pack that its hard to find a mod that doesnt conflict with it. On any given server at least 20% of the entities are broken completely.
    Yes but in most cases those entities are broken because they were either installed incorrectly or something conflicts with them.

SBEP is a huge pack and most definitely the #1 pack to get the GHD in any given situation. Attention to it is completely understandable. Besides, with the amount of attention this guy is giving his mod, I think it's perfectly okay for him to fix whatever bugs there are. He does it so quickly...however, Llama don't wear yourself out either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #614
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    I would agree with EastBay, but people would probably find this more useful with SB than anything else.

15. Post #615
    April 2009
    78 Posts
    I've encountered an interesting bug, where sometimes i'll spawn a chair and put it into the GHD area, and after a while of using it, it suddenly ceases to exist physically (in either side of the GHD) but it still exists visually.

Edit: Also, aren't you supposed to be able to grab props that are outside of the GHD from the inside?

16. Post #616
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    I've noticed (atleast what I think is) a bug, if you physgun a prop while your in a GHD'd prop, it's physics become, sorta broken. All it does is slowly move downward and does nothing else.

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,530 Posts
    SuperLlama needs to be hired by aVoN to finish the Stargate mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,071 Posts
    I must be the only person in the universe that doesn't care about Stargate :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    I must be the only person in the universe that doesn't care about Stargate :colbert:
    Nope. I've stopped caring a little over a year ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    Edit: Also, aren't you supposed to be able to grab props that are outside of the GHD from the inside?
    Looks like I re-broke physghosts. Why am I not surprised...

I don't care either, I didn't even download it when implementing support; but a lot of people do care and why should we spoil their fun?

Also the docking bay problem is because of the old hull scanner which desperately needs to be redone :P
    For now, if you GHD the space station as well (separately) they will be unable to merge and will undock properly from one another.

Brb fixing physghosts (again).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #621
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,151 Posts
    Shot a friend's contraption:
    [@addons\gravityhull\lua\autorun\shipdef.lua:377] Infinite Loop Detected!
    It was only 64 props iirc. It DID have (tons) of nocollides, would that possibly be an issue?

22. Post #622
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    Llama so you know, that table of explosive props you have above 377 didn't include the red gascan prop in Useful Construction Props. Atleast it doesn't look like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    February 2010
    1,240 Posts
    SuperLlama, I want to speak for about everyone when I say that it is just awesome that you join this forum just a few days ago, give us about the most revolutionary mod ever, and then provide this amazing support to a community that barely knows you.
    Keep on rocking man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    November 2008
    62 Posts
    Using the GHD in a spacebuild map puts the prop out in space. That is to say, if you are standing on a planet and you step into a(n) (aperture science) designated gravity hull, you start to die from lack of oxygen and low temperatures.

25. Post #625
    April 2009
    78 Posts
    Using the GHD in a spacebuild map puts the prop out in space. That is to say, if you are standing on a planet and you step into a(n) (aperture science) designated gravity hull, you start to die from lack of oxygen and low temperatures.
    I've noticed that it puts it into space as well, but the only time I've started to die from lack of oxygen and such was when i had an air exchanger and a heat exchanger in the hull that weren't turned on.

26. Post #626
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    SuperLlama, I want to speak for about everyone when I say that it is just awesome that you join this forum just a few days ago, give us about the most revolutionary mod ever, and then provide this amazing support to a community that barely knows you.
    Keep on rocking man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #627
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    Fixed physghosts and added the other two explosive models I didn't notice. The infinite loop is probably due to the hull scanner still.

EDIT:
    Keep on rocking man.
    Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it and I appreciate your appreciation (lolwut). It's actually kind of sad that other projects don't have support like this-- the minecraft community is a bit spoiled with it, methinks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    Looks like I re-broke physghosts. Why am I not surprised...

I don't care either, I didn't even download it when implementing support; but a lot of people do care and why should we spoil their fun?

Also the docking bay problem is because of the old hull scanner which desperately needs to be redone :P
    For now, if you GHD the space station as well (separately) they will be unable to merge and will undock properly from one another.

Brb fixing physghosts (again).
    I will admit, Stargates are extremely fun to play with. But now that updates have pretty much stopped, it's lost its appeal. Any future promises will never happen, so you're basically better off with third party SG mods for those missing features. Not a bad thing, but aVoN could have done them much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    347 Posts
    You can use the tool on func_physbox_multiplayer entities, which crashes the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

30. Post #630
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    You can use the tool on func_physbox_multiplayer entities, which crashes the game
    Physboxes hate SetModel; I'll add them to the disallowed list.

EDIT: Committed revision 10; re-fixes physghosts, explosions, and physbox crashes.

31. Post #631
    April 2009
    78 Posts
    I have a teleportation addon that I made, where one of the features is a trace teleport, is it likely to stop spassing when I try to teleport while standing in a GHD when you set it up to work with bullet and other such traces? or will it not work because the physics are all being taken care of at the invisible hull and so the "hitpos" will always be from there?

32. Post #632
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    If you use GetEyeTrace, as of a recent revision, the hitpos will always be in the place where you APPEAR to be. GetPlayerTrace will have the hitpos depending on whether you were looking out of the ship or not. SetPos will also take effective positions now, so if you teleport to the hitpos of an eye trace, it should work perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    822 Posts
    I can't figure out how you create those hulls, what points do you use, the outer most bounding box points from all props that belong to the hull?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,071 Posts
    Would like to confirm that getting out of a seat I got into places me where the seat was just before I got in. Here's what I did, using Revision 9:

Spawned seat
    Gravhull'd
    Got in
    Flew to some stupid asteroid
    Got out
    Got spat back out on earth.

I'd also like to note that the ship seems to have vanished. No lua errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    I can't figure out how you create those hulls, what points do you use, the outer most bounding box points from all props that belong to the hull?
    This has already been discussed. He doesn't use anything humanly possible. It's all magic and voodoo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    Would like to confirm that getting out of a seat I got into places me where the seat was just before I got in. Here's what I did, using Revision 9:

Spawned seat
    Gravhull'd
    Got in
    Flew to some stupid asteroid
    Got out
    Got spat back out on earth.

I'd also like to note that the ship seems to have vanished. No lua errors.
    I can't reproduce it no matter how many times I try, could you take a screenshot of the actual ship you're using?

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,071 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/boomie2...ilter=app_4000

Four different screenshots from different angles of the ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

38. Post #638

March 2010
    351 Posts
    Like this, but for the hull:
    http://saitohud.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/images/bbox_filter.jpg
    Superllama, please do this, have It so when you mouseover something it shows something like this except the lines outline the hull area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    The hull area isn't linear, it curves with the prop and can take literally any shape based on the contours, so it's really hard to draw that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    The hull area isn't linear, it curves with the prop and can take literally any shape based on the contours, so it's really hard to draw that.
    Don't worry about. It's pretty straight forward just what is being affected anyways. Some kind of wireframe isn't going to make it any easier.

Edited:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/boomie2...ilter=app_4000

Four different screenshots from different angles of the ship.
    That ship is tiny. What's the point of having a hull on that thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)