1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,331 Posts

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    To everyone waiting to get into the 8-slot server, if someone who has a 32-slot or something wants to host it, just send me an email and I'll reply with an attachment zip with the addon.
    I sent you both a pm and an email and was ignored both times :frown:

Is a 16-slot good enough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #123
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    I haven't gotten any emails from you to my knowledge, I'll check my PMs

4. Post #124
    May 2010
    266 Posts
    Server is a bit unstable with over twenty eight players, but I think it gives a satisfactory teaser for people.

You bothered about us throwing up more servers with that on it? Because frankly....Spacebuild.

God damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,328 Posts
    this might be a stupid question, but how do I join a server at a specific IP address?

6. Post #126
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    I should specify that while it's a 16 slot server 4 slots are hidden and it doesn't have many players.

still

Edited:

this might be a stupid question, but how do I join a server at a specific IP address?
    in the console say "connect IP:PORT" without quotes

or in the server browser go to the favorites tab, click the add server button and put in the IP.

7. Post #127
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Wow, this is awesome!!!
    the 158 Lua King Ratings are deserved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,328 Posts
    I should specify that while it's a 16 slot server 4 slots are hidden and it doesn't have many players.

still

Edited:

in the console say "connect IP:PORT" without quotes

or in the server browser go to the favorites tab, click the add server button and put in the IP.
    ok, thanks

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    10,999 Posts
    Dude, I love you. If I could I would seriously kiss the ground you walk on!

Also... Someone better make a paratrooper plane!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    April 2011
    223 Posts
    The server keeps freezing. Odd. It's not a vphysics crash like normal (No dumps produced)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

11. Post #131
    April 2011
    5 Posts
    Within a matter of 10 minutes, this guy has gotten nearly 15 Lua Kings. I can't wait to try this out.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    10,999 Posts
    Also... This song came to mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    July 2010
    1,625 Posts
    Within a matter of 10 minutes, this guy has gotten nearly 15 Lua Kings. I can't wait to try this out.
    Where did you learn to count?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    April 2011
    5 Posts
    Where did you learn to count?
    I could insert a "your-mom" joke, but I won't. 10 minutes prior, it was somewhere around 150. So a little addition, and you know the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,082 Posts
    Can you imagine what this will do to gamemodes like Flood, or that Waterworld gamemode that was recently abandoned for (probably) this the problem fixed by this awesome script?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    10,999 Posts
    Can you imagine what this will do to gamemodes like Flood, or that Waterworld gamemode that was recently abandoned for (probably) this the problem fixed by this awesome script?
    I can imagine this being used heavily for gamemodes like Wood Wars.
    Imagine making a wooden tank and having too look out view sights down the field before loading a shell, and firing it down range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    January 2010
    5,101 Posts
    How long will that server be up? I want to get some action in on the weekend and I don't want to miss the boat.

18. Post #138
    February 2010
    1,240 Posts
    I have a flood of such amazing things that could be done with this mod. This really does change the core of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #139
    July 2007
    1,601 Posts
    It crashes my gmod. =[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,082 Posts
    It crashes my gmod. =[
    Get the latest crash dump from your gmod folder and upload it here: http://dumps.garrysmod.com/

Then give us the link and we'll tell you this isn't causing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #141
    April 2011
    223 Posts
    How long will that server be up? I want to get some action in on the weekend and I don't want to miss the boat.
    It'll be up either:

A) Until the hype dies down
    B) Our other servers lag because of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    Get the latest crash dump from your gmod folder and upload it here: http://dumps.garrysmod.com/

Then give us the link and we'll tell you this isn't causing it.
    You sound overtly defensive. This mod does some funky shit Source isn't made to handle, it's entirely possible that it's causing the crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,082 Posts
    You sound overtly defensive. This mod does some funky shit Source isn't made to handle, it's entirely possible that it's causing the crashes.
    Agreed, yet he's the first in 4 pages to come with this. I think it's just an add-on he has that is conflicting, or something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    It crashes my gmod. =[
    I like how he got disagrees, like "No it doesn't".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    August 2009
    599 Posts
    Agreed, yet he's the first in 4 pages to come with this. I think it's just an add-on he has that is conflicting, or something else.
    It CTDs shortly after "Sending client info" for me. Did an addon cleaning too.

26. Post #146
    July 2007
    1,601 Posts
    I cleaned out my gmod folder completely and reinstalled gmod, Ill update when In see if that fixes it.

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,082 Posts
    It CTDs shortly after "Sending client info" for me. Did an addon cleaning too.
    That happens to me too on some servers. Joining SP before I join the server fixes it for me.

28. Post #148
    January 2010
    5,101 Posts
    I sincerely hope this does not conflict with WAC or Neuroplanes (somehow) or any of the other good addons I have.

29. Post #149
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Thanks for letting me put it on my server, but it's silently failing to work with no error (the tool doesn't even show)

works fine in singleplayer

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,078 Posts
    Fuck yes I was the Odessa at 0:30. That was pretty awesome when the box fell in the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Other people on my friends list seem to have crashy problems getting into the server, but I got in just fine and it seems to be working perfectly (albeit laggy and therefore glitchy). Great mod, probably the best one I've seen in a long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,078 Posts
    It never crashed for me. A few bugs here and there like teleporting out of the map but other than that it seems to work perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

33. Post #153
    January 2010
    9,522 Posts
    Fuck yes I was the Odessa at 0:30. That was pretty awesome when the box fell in the water.
    It made my hoverboard completely flip out, spinning like an insane without stopping , you can actually see it for a second (the black 1x2 plate)

34. Post #154
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    Addon conflicts and server crashes are the biggest problem with the mod so far, and as such I will try to resolve as many as possible. I'm thinking of making a website where people can report conflicts and duplicates will be grouped together. I'll go down the list as often as possible and fix the most pressing conflicts one by one. The way conflicts are resolved though might end up fixing more than one at once.

A server freeze is possibly an infinite loop/recursion. I'll check for them when I get home. Crashes are either a weird special case where the code is, for example, asking a physgun beam how many bones it has (this exact thing caused a huge client crash that nearly delayed the mod's announcement), or the result of source merely breaking down with all the teleporting, velocity, and collision detection changes.

35. Post #155
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Addon conflicts and server crashes are the biggest problem with the mod so far, and as such I will try to resolve as many as possible. I'm thinking of making a website where people can report conflicts and duplicates will be grouped together.
    SVN hosts like googlecode and sourceforge also provide a bug tracking section for projects.
    You could take down 2 birds with 1 stone. (If you didn't already set up a SVN.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,331 Posts
    My attempt at making a GMod construction server look dramatic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Thanks for letting me put it on my server, but it's silently failing to work with no error (the tool doesn't even show)

works fine in singleplayer
    I sent you a pm too, do you have any idea what's wrong?

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    I didn't think a single mod could change gmod forever, until today.

39. Post #159
    me
    June 2005
    610 Posts
    Hey I have a dedicated server if you want a 32 slot or whatever amount of slots you want.

40. Post #160
    May 2011
    439 Posts
    I sent you a pm too, do you have any idea what's wrong?
    No idea what would do that-- if it's in the addons folder and your downloads are set up properly everything should work.