1. Post #2801
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,199 Posts
    So same old style and mood and storyline would be great? You're mistaking this with latest COD series I guess.
    Of course not. I'm just saying that the graphical styles don't match up. I never said that was a bad thing. And I've never even been able to play any CoD game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #2802
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I really wish I could play the Sixense DLC but I don't have 140 bucks to drop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2803
    June 2011
    2,651 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

4. Post #2804
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,855 Posts
    I love that.

Also, who remembers this map?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2805
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,023 Posts
    I love The Underground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #2806
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,970 Posts
    I didn't like that one as much as the others. Probably because we didn't get to hear what the Elite Core had to say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

7. Post #2807
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,199 Posts
    I love that.

-imgsnip-
    Looks familiar, is that from an E3 or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #2808
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    I didn't like that one as much as the others. Probably because we didn't get to hear what the Elite Core had to say.
    I know, someone with that many hats has to be some kind of god among men.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #2809
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    Looks familiar, is that from an E3 or something?
    It was the very first fake Portal 2 map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 3 (list)

10. Post #2810
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,341 Posts
    I love that.

holy shit, that was awesome

speculation

speculation everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #2811
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    I wish I had some Fancy hats. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2812
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,855 Posts
    It was the very first fake Portal 2 map
    Yup.

Also, I think I'll make Trase's faith plate map too, though it may end up with a few more changes due to the whole moving preform replacement thing being different.

13. Post #2813
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,324 Posts
    Does anyone else think it is possible that the science team GLaDOS killed were only the few scientists left behind, while the others escaped (possibly due to the Black Mesa incident) on the Borealis?

Also, the Borealis had guns, why would it need guns?

I really wish we had seen the Androids or Borealis in Portal 2.

14. Post #2814
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,855 Posts
    Does anyone else think it is possible that the science team GLaDOS killed were only the few scientists left behind, while the others escaped (possibly due to the Black Mesa incident) on the Borealis?

Also, the Borealis had guns, why would it need guns?

I really wish we had seen the Androids or Borealis in Portal 2.
    The resonance cascade happened shortly after GLaDOS took over, and the Borealis incident happened years before that.

15. Post #2815
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,324 Posts
    The resonance cascade happened shortly after GLaDOS took over, and the Borealis incident happened years before that.
    Ah yes, i forgot about that. It's still possible the Borealis was escaping from something though. Wait, how do we know when the Borealis disapeared?

16. Post #2816
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,218 Posts
    So, what the fuck happened to that Portal 2 DLC we were going to get this summer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #2817
    March 2011
    1,232 Posts
    Ah yes, i forgot about that. It's still possible the Borealis was escaping from something though. Wait, how do we know when the Borealis disapeared?
    Its dry dock was in the 1970's era wing of Aperture Science, which was presumably sealed off from the rest of the facility until we open it up during the events of Portal 2. So the incident had to have been before they completely sealed the area off between the 80's and 90's.

18. Post #2818
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,338 Posts
    So, what the fuck happened to that Portal 2 DLC we were going to get this summer?
    We're only a month into summer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #2819
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,324 Posts
    Its dry dock was in the 1970's era wing of Aperture Science, which was presumably sealed off from the rest of the facility until we open it up during the events of Portal 2. So the incident had to have been before they completely sealed the area off between the 80's and 90's.
    I guess that means no military androids on the Borealis...i was hoping we'd get to see them in action.

20. Post #2820
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,218 Posts
    We're only a month into summer.
    Well I've been 2 months into summer :mad:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

21. Post #2821
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    I really wish I could play the Sixense DLC but I don't have 140 bucks to drop.
    I have it. It IS pretty cool and the maps are very well-designed. There just aren't a lot of them. It's a couple hours of playtime tops (if you get really stumped like I did). To be honest, unless you actually plan on mastering the controller for use in other games (which is very hard to do; only Portal 2 has extra, easy-to-use look settings [like Metroid Prime 3 style] at the moment), then it's not really worth it. I only got it because I'm a mega Valve whore and because I've always wanted to play Portal with motion controls.

Also interesting of note, while I'm here (and if I'm not late; I don't monitor this thread), is that the GDC demo map is in the Motion Pack content. It's very, very scripted; parts of the map, like the turrets, don't activate unless you complete the map 'correctly' and invisible walls everywhere prevent you from actually dying from the goo. They made over half the walls portalable, though (probably for aesthetics), so you can actually portal straight from the start to the very end since it's all just one big room. I wonder if anyone at GDC was clever enough to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2822
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,059 Posts
    Can you play the REST of the game with motion controls or is it just that specific DLC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #2823
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Can you play the REST of the game with motion controls or is it just that specific DLC?
    You can play the whole single-player campaign and any single-player custom map with the motion controls and add-on abilities. You CANNOT play co-op with the add-on abilities; you can have motion-controlled aiming, but you can't one-to-one cubes or portal-surf (because it would be insanely cheap to do so ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2824
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,970 Posts
    You can play the whole single-player campaign and any single-player custom map with the motion controls and add-on abilities. You CANNOT play co-op with the add-on abilities; you can have motion-controlled aiming, but you can't one-to-one cubes or portal-surf (because it would be insanely cheap to do so ).
    Does using it in the singleplayer campaign cause GLaDOS or Wheatley to say/do anything different, as if they're aware you're using the Razer Hydra?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

25. Post #2825
    June 2011
    2,651 Posts
    how longs this been in the store? http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=CP216
    I love the description for it
    PORTAL 2
    WHEATLEY LABORATORIES MARK 7 T-SHIRT
    It’s a work in progress, don’t judge us yet!

Unlike previous beta versions, the Wheatley Laboratories Mark 7 T-Shirt sports holes for BOTH arms, a convenient new head-hole, and an absence of unnecessary holes in other areas of the shirt. The Mark 7 is made of a human skin-friendly poly-cotton blend*, unlike the Mark 2 (steel wool), Mark 3 (corrugated tin) and Marks 4-6 (pulped fever nettle).

*Please note, the Wheatley Mark 7 t-shirt is made of 100% cotton. Also, this shirt glows in the dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

26. Post #2826
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    PORTAL 2
    WHEATLEY LABORATORIES MARK 7 T-SHIRT
    It’s a work in progress, don’t judge us yet!

Unlike previous beta versions, the Wheatley Laboratories Mark 7 T-Shirt sports holes for BOTH arms, a convenient new head-hole, and an absence of unnecessary holes in other areas of the shirt. The Mark 7 is made of a human skin-friendly poly-cotton blend*, unlike the Mark 2 (steel wool), Mark 3 (corrugated tin) and Marks 4-6 (pulped fever nettle).

*Please note, the Wheatley Mark 7 t-shirt is made of 100% cotton. Also, this shirt glows in the dark.
    Worth the buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #2827
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    how longs this been in the store? http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=CP216
    I love the description for it
    It's been there at least since I got Portal 2.

28. Post #2828
    June 2011
    2,651 Posts
    so a month then?

29. Post #2829
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,316 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #2830
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,832 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2831
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,556 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #2832
    March 2010
    4,538 Posts
    When will there be a price drop?

33. Post #2833
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2834
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,832 Posts

35. Post #2835
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    I actually have wanted a Portal gun since Portal 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2836
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,127 Posts
    Does using it in the singleplayer campaign cause GLaDOS or Wheatley to say/do anything different, as if they're aware you're using the Razer Hydra?
    No. :(

But you can one-to-one Wheatley when you're carrying him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

37. Post #2837
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    Where did Volume 3 go?

It's almost the end of the month, and we still don't have any news.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Bulgaria Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #2838
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,831 Posts
    Where did Volume 3 go?

It's almost the end of the month, and we still don't have any news.
    Volume 1 - May
    Volume 2 - Late June/July
    Volume 3 - Who told you it was going to be soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

39. Post #2839
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,040 Posts
    Where did Volume 3 go?
    Likely cancelled along with the "Summer" DLC and the results of the Exile, Vilify music video competition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #2840
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,831 Posts
    Likely cancelled along with the "Summer" DLC and the results of the Exile, Vilify music video competition.
    I honestly thought I was brain-damaged when I couldn't find the list of winners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events