1. Post #1
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

This really is one hell of a show and your missing out. I've watched every episode so far and I must admit i'm hooked. Its a strange show and really is for lack of a better word far out. I hope you like it as much as I do.

The basics

Regular Show is an American animated television series created by J. G. Quintel (formerly a creative director for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack). The series was originally developed as a short for Cartoon Network's unaired Cartoonstitute show, and features characters loosely based on those from Quintel's student films The Naïve Man From Lolliland and 2 in the AM PM.

The plot
    Two 23-year-old friends, a blue jay named Mordecai and a raccoon named Rigby, are employed as groundskeepers at a park and spend their days trying to slack off and entertain themselves by any means. This is much to the chagrin of their boss Benson, along with their co-worker Skips; but to the delight of Pops. Their other co-workers, Muscle Man and High-Five Ghost serve as rivals to Mordecai and Rigby. As stated before, the show usually revolves around Mordecai's and Rigby's attempts to avoid work and enjoy themselves; however, they oftentimes have to pay for their irresponsible actions, as they always get into more trouble than they thought. This typically results in Mordecai and Rigby going through bizarre and surrealistic misadventures.

Main cast

Mordecai
    Voiced by J. G. Quintel
    A 23-year-old blue jay, who is best friends with Rigby. Together, Mordecai and Rigby are employed as groundskeepers at a park, but they are both lazy and rarely get their jobs done. Mordecai is more conscious, mature and moral about his actions, but he tends to go along with Rigby's mischief as a result of rivalry. Many have considered Mordecai, who is skilled in video games, a relatable young adult slacker. Mordecai enjoys playing punchies against Rigby, knowing Rigby always loses. Sometimes, Mordecai just simply punches Rigby when he's angry. He has a major crush on Margaret, the waitress at the local café. He was originally in the short film 2 in the AM PM, which was also created by Quintel.

Rigby
    Voiced by William Salyers
    A 23-year-old raccoon, who is best friends with Mordecai. Rigby is eccentric, immature, and extremely mischievous, which puts him at odds with Mordecai at times. Rigby lives solely for self-gratification, which he sometimes achieves through selfish acts of lying or cheating; but consequentially, Rigby has a bad habit of getting himself and other people in trouble. In fact, many of the problems that the park employees face appear to be (mostly) Rigby's fault. Nevertheless, he is best friends with Mordecai and often relies on him for getting himself out of trouble, though there have been times where he's saved Mordecai. He has a younger brother named Don who is often mistaken for the older brother due to Don being taller and larger.

Benson

A living gumball machine. Benson is the manager of the park, employed under Mr. Maellard and is also the employer of Mordecai and Rigby. The two frequently infuriate Benson due to their constant slacking and mischief, and as such he has limited trust for them, even though it's his responsibility since their mistakes happen on his time. He is a responsible and hardworking employee, the exact opposite of Mordecai and Rigby. Benson is very hot-tempered and sarcastic, and is very prone to fits of rage (turning red whenever this happens). However, Benson loosened up a bit after "Benson Be Gone", having gained some degree of understanding for them; in the same episode, Benson (temporarily) became a slacker, before reverting back to his old responsible self. He was originally in the short film 2 in the AM PM, which was also created by Quintel.

Skips
    Voiced by Mark Hamill
    A yeti who is apparently far older than he seems. Granted the power of immortality, he is destined to perform a ceremonial dance every year on his birthday. He works out frequently, and as indicated by his name, he "skips" when he moves. Skips' personality seems rather indifferent, but he is always willing to help Mordecai and Rigby whenever they get themselves into trouble. He tends to be the solution to all the problems Mordecai and Rigby cause, usually by means of some sort of contraption he rigs up instantaneously. Skips appears to be very experienced and knowledgeable; whenever Mordecai and Rigby cause trouble, he says "I've seen this before", and then proposes a solution to the problem (implying that Skips used to be much like Mordecai and Rigby).

Pops Maellard

A lollipop-shaped man who is almost always in a jolly mood. He tends to be overly ecstatic about every situation, and expresses himself as an upright gentleman to the point where he overly extends his words and sentences formally. Despite his old age, Pops is very childlike and naïve about the world around him; therefore, he serves as somewhat of a non sequitur character. He also seems to like Mordecai and Rigby more than Benson, ironically, despite Mordecai and Rigby's irresponsible behavior and Benson's more responsible behavior. Pops' father, Mr. Maellard, owns the park. Even so, Pops relies on Benson for the upkeep of the park. Benson also seems to be responsible for taking care of Pops, due to his childlike nature. Pops' character is taken from Quintel's short animation The Naive Man from Lolliland.

Mitch "Muscle Man" Sorenstein

Another groundskeeper at the park. Mitch Sorenstein (better known by his nickname "Muscle Man") is an obese, dwarfish, green-skinned man. His behavior seems quite erratic and immature. Muscle Man believes himself to be macho and superior to everyone, constantly disrespecting Mordecai and Rigby and referring to them as "ladies". He is always cracking "My mom!" jokes (botched attempts at "Your mom!" jokes), much to the chagrin of everyone else (except his best friend High Five Ghost, who enjoys them).

High Five Ghost
    Voiced by J. G. Quintel
    A ghost with a hand on his head. High Five Ghost is best friends with Muscle Man. He is frequently shown giving Muscle Man a high five to accompany his "My Mom!" jokes. High Five Ghost is at first shown to be mute most of the time.

So I hope you enjoy.
    also

Well after all those amazing episodes i'm sure your just dying for more so here's a link so you can watch all of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/mordecai324

Thanks MasterFen007.

EPISODE LINKS. Let Pascall know if these don't work so she can replace them!

Season 1
    The Power
    Just Set Up the Chairs
    Caffeinated Concert Tickets
    Death Punchies
    Free Cake
    Meat Your Maker
    Grilled Cheese Deluxe
    The Unicorns Have Got to Go
    Prank Callers
    Don
    Rigby’s Body
    Mordecai and the Rigbys

Season 2
    Ello Gov’nor
    It’s Time
    Appreciation Day
    Peeps
    Dizzy
    My Mom
    High Score
    Rage Against the TV
    Party Pete
    Brain Eraser
    Benson Be Gone
    But I Have a Receipt
    This is My Jam
    Muscle Woman
    Temp Check
    Jinx
    See You There
    Do Me a Solid
    Grave Sights
    Really Real Wrestling
    Over the Top
    The Night Owl
    A Bunch of Baby Ducks
    More Smarter
    First Day
    Go Viral
    Skunked
    Karaoke Video

Season 3
    Stick Hockey
    Bet to Be Blonde
    Skips Strikes

Unfortunately any you tube video of Regular Show gets taken down instantly. So here's a place to down load them.

http://thepotentpotables.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner x 56Dumb x 8Funny x 8Disagree x 2Zing x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    2,971 Posts
    I was really surprised that they were allowed to say "Pissed", In one of the episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 69 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Yeah i'm not sure how they get away with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2010
    3,925 Posts
    wasn't this supposed to be an adult swim show at first?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 46Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,131 Posts
    Looks cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    1,649 Posts
    I've watched a few episodes. They're surprisingly good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    756 Posts
       "Don't stare at our crotches while we synchronize our watches"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

"Don't stare at our crotches while we synchronize our watches"   
    Edited:

There are some great reaction images from this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,364 Posts
    This show is Hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

God I love this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 89Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,872 Posts
    First episode of season one
    I really can't come up with words to describe this
    It's stupid but funny at the same time...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,364 Posts
    I really can't come up with words to describe this
    It's stupid but funny at the same time...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,160 Posts
    I fucking love this show.

I have a friend who acts just like mordecai.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    It's kind of scary how closely I identify with Mordecai.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2010
    5,811 Posts
    Just saying, it's about two guys who drop acid and trip balls for 11 minutes. The trip starts before the episodes begin, and we are introduced to everyone as surreal characters. Every episode has a point where it just goes nuts and crazy stuff starts to happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Well its great regardless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

17. Post #17
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,281 Posts
    I've followed this show since the pilot. Hillarious, and I cant believe its on CN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

Regular day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    Love how adult they're letting this be. There are a LOT of adult themes.

Edited:

Summer time lohohovin lovin in tha summer time

Edited:

Just saying, it's about two guys who drop acid and trip balls for 11 minutes. The trip starts before the episodes begin, and we are introduced to everyone as surreal characters. Every episode has a point where it just goes nuts and crazy stuff starts to happen.
    The characters were introduced by the creator in a short before the show was created, as two guys working at a gas station at 2 AM and take acid. They see each other as a giant bluejay and a gumball machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,364 Posts
    I watch planet chasers starlight excellent all day every day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2010
    5,811 Posts

Edited:

Summer time lohohovin lovin in tha summer time

Edited:

The characters were introduced by the creator in a short before the show was created, as two guys working at a gas station at 2 AM and take acid. They see each other as a giant bluejay and a gumball machine.
    The kids who watch cartoon network now have the attention span of a goldfish, but to be fair a lot of 90s cartoons were pretty risque at times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

Yup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 51 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    The kids who watch cartoon network now have the attention span of a goldfish, but to be fair a lot of 90s cartoons were pretty risque at times
    I was thinking of saying that cartoon network was getting back to their roots, but I think that'd be a stretch.

Edited:

This is "2 in the AM PM", the short the creator made. They say fuck and shit a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 41Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,504 Posts
    I like this show, it's a lot like Ren & Stimpy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    April 2010
    5,811 Posts
    I was thinking of saying that cartoon network was getting back to their roots, but I think that'd be a stretch.
    Well, they DO still show shit like Courage and Ed, Edd, and Eddy

26. Post #26
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Thank god for that.

Edited:

2:58
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    I know, but I mean while making new shows.

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    2 Posts
    best. show. ever.

aww snap aww snap...come to my macaroni party and we'll take a nap ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2009
    1,195 Posts
    wasn't this supposed to be an adult swim show at first?
    One may assume so. My god, this is such a great show to watch while stoned. I think it's true that they may be going back to being as funny as it was when I watched CN growing up. They are getting close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    I think it's true that they may be going back to being as funny as it was when I watched CN growing up. They are getting close.
    I wouldn't go that far but its definitely a start.

31. Post #31
    April 2011
    756 Posts
    best. show. ever.

aww snap aww snap...come to my macaroni party and we'll take a nap ;)
    Ok ;)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    161 Posts
    "You need guests, with breasts... and mine don't count"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    I was really surprised that they were allowed to say "Pissed", In one of the episodes.
    Oh god, they've gone far beyond that.

In one episode they put a hole in a wall and rigby says
    "How the "H" and we going to fix this "S"?"

Skip to 1:41
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,331 Posts
    If you check over the bed in episode 1(above post) there's a parody poster. One of the reasons I love this show is all of the background sight gags.

35. Post #35
    April 2010
    5,811 Posts
    Oh god, they've gone far beyond that.

In one episode they put a hole in a wall and rigby says
    "How the "H" and we going to fix this "S"?"

Skip to 1:41
    I fucking love that episode. "Give us a raise, Pops!"

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,675 Posts
    This show is great

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,444 Posts
    I love how basically every episode ends in a boss battle of some kind. Great successor to Misadventures of Flapjack, if not better, seeing as they both have the same creative director.

38. Post #38
    October 2009
    1,195 Posts
    I wouldn't go that far but its definitely a start.
    I said that they may be, and that they are getting considerably close, if you also look at some of the other shows like Adventure Time and MAD. It is gonna tough to contend with Johnny Bravo, Courage and Dexter's Lab, though Adventure Time does come far closer than the Regular Show.

39. Post #39
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    This is what happens when my friends play Mario cart.

Edited:

I said that they may be, and that they are getting considerably close, if you also look at some of the other shows like Adventure Time and MAD. It is gonna tough to contend with Johnny Bravo, Courage and Dexter's Lab, though Adventure Time does come far closer than the Regular Show.
    I haven't watched Mad. Is it worth a look?

40. Post #40
    October 2009
    1,195 Posts
    I haven't watched Mad. Is it worth a look?
    Yeah it's awesome! You can always count on a hilarious pop culture oriented gag, fart jokes and a Spy Vs. Spy bit. Check it out, if that sounds like your style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)