1. Post #721
    February 2011
    193 Posts
    ok, so I barely ever us ms paint, because I'm more of a photoshop guy, but I tried it and I'm fuckin' loving it

castle in the sky robot!

c&c pretty please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #722
    December 2009
    8,804 Posts
    Hello! Before I go any further, is it acceptable to have a 6 frame walk cycle for a game?
    Yeah, it's easier to do a 4 frame, 8 frame or 16 frame walk cycle however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #723
    April 2011
    2,034 Posts
    Personally, I think 10 frame walk cycle is the easiest. =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,079 Posts

The first animation is his jumping animation, which I'll work on later, and the second one is his transitional animation from idle to moving. I really don't think a 4 frame walk cycle would work out very well, and my 8 frame walk cycle kinda bombed. I think right now I just need to work on drawing the feet in a way that's easy to animate.

Oh also, here's my first rendition of him. I scrapped him because he's facing the wrong way and he looks awkward when he looks the other direction, and he's hard to animate.

Of course, looking back, I could give him another shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    ok, so I barely ever us ms paint, because I'm more of a photoshop guy, but I tried it and I'm fuckin' loving it

castle in the sky robot!

c&c pretty please
    shading is nice and represents metal lovely but improve the lihgting by better determining the lightsource via using drop shadows and also metal tends to reflect light, pay attention to that.

Also there's no proportion and anatomy is absolutely missing. Some studies or using reference images would help. For proportion, just take a breath and compare stuff.

Would also venefit from using globally all the values you've used there. Especially around the neck area.
    Some detail definition would do good, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events

6. Post #726
    January 2010
    387 Posts

Rotating weapon sprite for my game, supposed to be a grenade launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,888 Posts

Rotating weapon sprite for my game, supposed to be a grenade launcher.
    Looks like the Quake 2 Railgun.
    That's a good thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #728
    January 2010
    387 Posts
    You could say I'm doing a pixel art 2D side scroll ripoff of Quake series, theres a saw, machine guns, rockets, something like railgun is coming, similiar items and powerups with a little "influenced" gameplay balance and such. That's just how damn perfectly Quake series play, why would I do something that plays like shit deliberately? But honestly, the resemblance of this weapon's shape came out subliminally. Too bad the portait version of it with closer details isn't finished yet.

Also

Edited this. I prefer the middle character not standing out so much and I think it looks better than the previous. Also the R in "Pulcher" doesn't look like an A anymore. I forgot what else I changed. Still only 16 colours.

Those who missed here's the previous version: http://i44.tinypic.com/qs9nrb.jpg

And if you missed even more the piece should read; "Core of Pulcher". The character in the middle is supposed to be sort of like an icon/character just like gamefuhrers like Quake have have the
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts

That is beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,888 Posts
    You could say I'm doing a pixel art 2D side scroll ripoff of Quake series, theres a saw, machine guns, rockets, something like railgun is coming, similiar items and powerups with a little "influenced" gameplay balance and such. That's just how damn perfectly Quake series play, why would I do something that plays like shit deliberately? But honestly, the resemblance of this weapon's shape came out subliminally. Too bad the portait version of it with closer details isn't finished yet.

Also

Edited this. I prefer the middle character not standing out so much and I think it looks better than the previous. Also the R in "Pulcher" doesn't look like an A anymore. I forgot what else I changed. Still only 16 colours.

Those who missed here's the previous version: http://i44.tinypic.com/qs9nrb.jpg

And if you missed even more the piece should read; "Core of Pulcher". The character in the middle is supposed to be sort of like an icon/character just like gamefuhrers like Quake have have the
    You'll have to keep us up to date with that one, sounds awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #731
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

Guess what I have been playing!
       Yeah I also know that this man is not anatomically correct but we'll let that cape hide his retardation   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts

Guess what I have been playing!
    I'm not even joking it's the best game I've ever played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #733
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    Man, how do you guys manage to do such good pixel art?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    Search me.

Based on:

Pretty crap, but I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #735
    January 2010
    387 Posts

So my car got stuck in mud yesterday. Had to get out and push while it was raining like ass. I stripped everything except boxers because I didn't want my get clothes all muddy shit and nobody else than me drives that road. This scene came to my mind. Draw some lyrics- thread had some infuence as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,966 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    March 2011
    48 Posts

Will Smith anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #738
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,245 Posts

Have a fan-Megaman character that I drew. Weightman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #739

July 2007
    3 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #740

November 2011
    2 Posts
    I did this a while ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

21. Post #741
    January 2010
    387 Posts

I've started to like the pelvic thrust move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #742
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    J.D. and Eddie. Just messin around.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,756 Posts

First time using gimp; found out drawing thick lines then changing their thickness with the eraser makes a nice effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #745
    January 2010
    387 Posts

BOOM HEADSHOT YEAH

edit:

Felt like trying out the "normal" mspaint style for a change. This one took 30 minutes:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    920 Posts

Ten seconds flat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    My car battery died and descided to mess around in paint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

28. Post #748
    January 2010
    387 Posts

More effort here, but still got bit lazy in some frames.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #749
    March 2011
    3,669 Posts

Bump.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    looks very unbelievable due to horrendous anatomy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #751
    March 2011
    3,669 Posts
    How can I fix it?

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    that's beyond fixing.
    Just start doing photostudies with pencil and paper and over time you'll improve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

33. Post #753
    March 2011
    3,669 Posts
    What's a photostudy?

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,966 Posts
    its where you study photos and try to recreate them in your drawings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts

This image has a rather extensive story behind it.

Which I will not explain at all.

So there you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #756
    December 2009
    8,804 Posts
    give Juniez his ears back!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

37. Post #757
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts

Self
    portrait
    thingy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #758
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    and also a gecko from Fallout

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #759
    July 2008
    202 Posts

I could have fitted more characters but I couldn't think of any.

Winner rating to the one who can guess the characters and their games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #760
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    588 Posts
    Is the hooded guy the Death Knight from Warcraft II?
    Because he sure reminds me of him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events