1. Post #1
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    as of feb 22th 2011:

SFC3 posted:
    Alright. This thread ISN'T A COD only thread anymore. Cryengine, Unreal, or popular games that are on engines like this can be ported here. Also, Crysis is great. Its more original that COD, and who doesn't like a suit with MAXIMUM EPICNESS?

Edited:

Also, someone please port come Crysis 2/Crysis weapons. I still want Kilburn's SCAR and a SCARAB from C2
    the thread now supports almost all game porting. no more complains about "OMG THAT GAME ISNT COD THE THREAD IS DERAILED"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have resurrected the thread in this short period now with a new twist about porting.

Archived original thread: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1004311-MW2-CSS-skins

I'm reserving some posts for me so I can post my work.

Post updated again soon.

Rules:

1: GMOD is allowed. SWEPs, or things like that.
    2: Things that involve games like CS:S is allowed.
    3: ALL GAMES LIKE COD, CRYSIS CAN BE PORTED HERE
    4: No off-topic randomness that does not involve this. (rule still stands)
    5: Don't post things like those stupid stealer idiot's work. It's wasting space.
    6: Non-COD games are allowed
    Last, but not least: All Reviewers: (i.e. Max, and Itbankrock) can post videos.
    Hey guys welcome back to thread after our tragic closing after our 90 page milestone.
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/105...Weapon-Porting
    (second thread archive)
    P.S. Even know the thread says "Model Porting", doesn't mean we necessarily have to have a strict porting rule.
    RELEASES
    BrainCollectors' BF3-Like M4A1
    Video by Max
    DOWNLOAD: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/108945

MW2 W_MODELS PACK

couple MW2 compiles (scope hacks/recolors/diff anims etc).

FAL for SG550
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - IIopn
    Sound - Sterlok, Deku Scrub, IW
    Compile/backfaces filled/world model - dogfood

M21-EBR for G3SG1
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - Mantuna
    Sounds - IW
    Compile/world model - dogfood

ACR for GALIL

Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - WildBill
    Sounds - Vunsutta, XlongWayHome, IW

Daxent's KF Knife

Killing Floor Knife, Get it here!

January 2011
    178 Posts

Model, textures, sounds: IW
    Animations: DMG
    Porting, Previous Compile: Kilburn786
    Wees: dogfood
    Compiles: Kam7ek

ATTACHMENTS: optional silencer and/or full reload

Black Ops M16 and 1911 on BO animations.

M16's draw is different than in the video, and has been changed and sped up for online use.

Too lazy to make world models.

Credits:

DMG - Animations/Compile/Sounds
    Treyarch - Models/Textures/Sounds
    Infinity Ward - Models/Textures
    Se7en – Texture/Model Porting
    xLongWayHome, Strelok, Vunsunta, Lakedown - Sounds
    ImBrokeRU - MW2 Ranger Rig

DOWNLOAD: LIMITED RELEASE (OVER)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    also known as the thread with no words
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts
    What the hell happened to the old thread, no warning, no 5,000 post mark.

:iiam:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2010
    456 Posts
    administration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    29 Posts
    Welcome back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2009
    693 Posts
    As you guys probably know any kind of animations on the market, I guess im going to ask for something I'm searching. .eXe alias smart did some pump action shotgun animations, it was quite long ago and I can't find the source files anymore, the animations were l4d themed and quite good. So, does anyone still have them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    September 2010
    993 Posts
    Back from the brink, guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    Shit, Im think that mods had enough of that spam and shit...
    ============

Lets get stick to topic, so idk what happen with my G18 but I said i'll rel it & i'll rel it. Sooner or later.

After that...hmm, I thought on FiveseveN from either Conviction or A.V.A:
    1st I can't download...
    That 2nd its hard to get 3dRipper hacked in. Some crappy prog called "Reactor" prewvent to do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Alliance of Valiant Arms aka A.V.A. is a UT3 based game therefore called UE3 (Unreal Engine 3) you can extract models + animations out of the box with umodel extractor http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat take a look here, also if you want some help, i'm here to help :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    Alliance of Valiant Arms aka A.V.A. is a UT3 based game therefore called UE3 (Unreal Engine 3) you can extract models + animations out of the box with umodel extractor, take a look here, also if you want some help, i'm here to help :D
    About problem in I meant that you can't launch game w/ 3drp. bcs you can open it only with some Reactor shit(yes, I had that game)

But thanks for info, I always like when someone helps me ;) Going to install it again...
    Btw, what about sounds? Its kinda hard to get clear quality shot snds there though I got somehow 3 weaps(from yt)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    About problem in I meant that you can't launch game w/ 3drp. bcs you can open it only with some Reactor shit(yes, I had that game)

But thanks for info, I always like when someone helps me ;) Going to install it again...
    Btw, what about sounds? Its kinda hard to get clear quality shot snds there though I got somehow 3 weaps(from yt)
    umodel is not a program, it's a console (cmd) application (a bunch of code lines) also oggextractor will extract sounds from upk files :) no need for sounds recorders as you can take them from the game files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,991 Posts
    Back from the brink, guys.
    More like out of the frying pan. This thread looks more like Hell than the one I left.
       /John Price impersonation   
    But really, can we try avoiding the massive amount of spelling/grammatical/punctuation/capitalization errors this time? It gets hard to understand after a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    More like out of the frying pan. This thread looks more like Hell than the one I left.
       /John Price impersonation   
    But really, can we try avoiding the massive amount of spelling/grammatical/punctuation/capitalization errors this time? It gets hard to understand after a while.
    Since my native language is not English, I guess i'm lucky to understand and speak it, and trust me, portuguese people are the worst english speakers out there! (Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, and many more as Durão Barroso xD)

also what do you mean by saying "like Hell than the one I left"?

Anyway what should i do next? Don't request CSS skins, more like something diferent to do :)

EDIT: Yes I guess they can be CSS skins :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts
    Well I seriously need to know how to hack player models without getting a single consistency error :/ I have all the programs needed (MS3D, StudioCompiler, GCFScape, VTFEdit)

Now I also need to know how to rip Rainbow Six Vegas 2 armors, I will use these on default models, and hopefully create Rainbow Six Vegas 2 style terrorists. I know I have to use Umodel.

For now this is what I plan:
    Phoenix: Night Vision Goggles + Ballistic Goggles (Combo was available in a level used by terrorists), Anaconda Assault Armor, and Falcon(Punch?) assault shin pads.
    Leet: Toque, no glasses, Viper Recon vest, viper recon shoulders, raven recon kneepads.
    Artic: Ballistic Face Mask (White by default), Goliath Assault Armor, Anaconda Shinpads.
    Guerrilla: DiamondBack vest, sunglasses, Half Face Mask.

Now as far as I know these Vegas 2 items were ported and they are in source (Gmod and some in CSS):

-Ballistic Face Mask
    -Ballistic Goggles
    -Half Face Mask
    -Tactical Sunglasses
    -Toque.
    -Tactical Helmet
    -All Rainbow Six Vegas 2 default clothing (Female only :/)
    -Anaconda Assault Shin Pads

Now I need these items ported (I will port them myself if anyone who tries fails):
    -Night Vision Goggles (Not the Helmet ones)
    -Diamondback Vest
    -Viper Recon set (Chest, shoulders)
    -Goliath Assault set (Shoulders, chest)
    -Falcon Assault Shin Pads
    -Anaconda Assault Chest Armor

Edited:
    WTF, I am not British (User Info tags).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Well I seriously need to know how to hack player models without getting a single consistency error :/ I have all the programs needed (MS3D, StudioCompiler, GCFScape, VTFEdit)

Now I also need to know how to rip Rainbow Six Vegas 2 armors, I will use these on default models, and hopefully create Rainbow Six Vegas 2 style terrorists. I know I have to use Umodel.

For now this is what I plan:
    Phoenix: Night Vision Goggles + Ballistic Goggles (Combo was available in a level used by terrorists), Anaconda Assault Armor, and Falcon(Punch?) assault shin pads.
    Leet: Toque, no glasses, Viper Recon vest, viper recon shoulders, raven recon kneepads.
    Artic: Ballistic Face Mask (White by default), Goliath Assault Armor, Anaconda Shinpads.
    Guerrilla: DiamondBack vest, sunglasses, Half Face Mask.

Now as far as I know these Vegas 2 items were ported and they are in source (Gmod and some in CSS):

-Ballistic Face Mask
    -Ballistic Goggles
    -Half Face Mask
    -Tactical Sunglasses
    -Toque.
    -Tactical Helmet
    -All Rainbow Six Vegas 2 default clothing (Female only :/)
    -Anaconda Assault Shin Pads

Now I need these items ported (I will port them myself if anyone who tries fails):
    -Night Vision Goggles (Not the Helmet ones)
    -Diamondback Vest
    -Viper Recon set (Chest, shoulders)
    -Goliath Assault set (Shoulders, chest)
    -Falcon Assault Shin Pads
    -Anaconda Assault Chest Armor
    If you give me the source files (upk files) of R6V2, I can easily port them to source engine (weapons only), as for player models, I can give it a try too, even if I need to learn how to port them tho :D

Upk files are like vpk files from Source games, they have the models/textures/sounds well pretty much everything that the engine will load xD

also if i can have some weapons to test them, I'll thank you forever (Finally High Poly weapons!!) ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,991 Posts
    Since my native language is not English, I guess i'm lucky to understand and speak it, and trust me, portuguese people are the worst english speakers out there! (Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, and many more as Durão Barroso xD)

also what do you mean by saying "like Hell than the one I left"?

Anyway what should i do next? Don't request CSS skins, more like something diferent to do :)

EDIT: Yes I guess they can be CSS skins :P
    The "Hell like the one I left" was part of the John Price impersonation. Have you played Modern Warfare 2?

17. Post #17
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    The "Hell like the one I left" was part of the John Price impersonation. Have you played Modern Warfare 2?
    2 years ago, yep :| Did you expected me to remember something that old?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts
    If you give me the source files (upk files) of R6V2, I can easily port them to source engine (weapons only), as for player models, I can give it a try too, even if I need to learn how to port them tho :D

Upk files are like vpk files from Source games, they have the models/textures/sounds well pretty much everything that the engine will load xD

also if i can have some weapons to test them, I'll thank you forever (Finally High Poly weapons!!) ^_^
    Oh god, I need a tutorial :/

It is harder than I thought. Where do I find these .upk files? Oh and thanks for the offer dude :3

I suppose the Armor pieces are already rigged in SkeletalMesh if I am not wrong.

19. Post #19
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Oh god, I need a tutorial :/

It is harder than I thought. Where do I find these .upk files? Oh and thanks for the offer dude :3

I suppose the Armor pieces are already rigged in SkeletalMesh if I am not wrong.
    Yes what we call Bodygroups(like helmets and stuff) on gmod it's inside those upk's as well, they can be upk or upkx depending on the Engine version (3.5 uses upkx and 3.x,1,2,3,4 uses upk) they usually are stored on the game's main folder, for example for UT3 it's stored in D:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal\UnrealGame\CookedPC, something like that, for R6V2 it should be D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rainbow six Vegas 2\R6V2Game, i don't really know where they are but the folder structure is something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Vote:
    Who wants "Source Model Porting" or keep "CS:S Model Porting"?

Edited:

Yes = Agree
    Nope = Disagree
    Dumb = (reflects back to you)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,991 Posts
    Vote:

Edited:

Yes = Agree
    Nope = Disagree
    Well, what stuff can we make for games other than Counter-Strike that comes from another game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    Vote:

Edited:

Yes = Agree
    Nope = Disagree
    Am I agreeing to Source Model Porting or CS:S Model Porting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts
    Vote:

Edited:

Yes = Agree
    Nope = Disagree
    If you are talking about other mods that are NOT (Look around the forums, there are already massive model portings) about Gmod, then its fine.

Sweps must be allowed tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2009
    307 Posts
    Vote:

Edited:

Yes = Agree
    Nope = Disagree
    In my opinion, thread should be named "CS:S Modding Chat", as theres a lot more chat rather than actual modding (or porting, which to be honest I haven't seen for a while).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts
    Ok, now how do I open a .uppc texture file (Rainbow Six Vegas 2)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    In my opinion, thread should be named "CS:S Modding Chat", as theres a lot more chat rather than actual modding (or porting, which to be honest I haven't seen for a while).
    Either way, I can't imagine the title of the thread's a real pressing issue at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Ok, now how do I open a .uppc texture file (Rainbow Six Vegas 2)
    Just send me some weapons in raw files (.upkx and the textures) and I'll see what I can do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    Btw what's the format of model/tex/anim when I extract them from A.v.a? I need some plugin like .3dr from 3Dripper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Btw what's the format of model/tex/anim when I extract them from A.v.a? It will need some plugin like .3dr from 3Dripper?
    You need actorX importer, but as I said, if you want you can send them to me and I'll export them with no problems :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2010
    20 Posts
    stuff...

Added RPD for M249 to world models pack.

MW2 W_MODELS PACK

couple MW2 compiles (scope hacks/recolors/diff anims etc). Thought I'd share em if you want something cool with a w_model in those slots.

FAL for SG550
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - IIopn
    Sound - Sterlok, Deku Scrub, IW

M21-EBR for G3SG1
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - Mantuna
    Sounds - IW

ACR for umm GALIL
    Bit weird I know for Galil but wasn't using ACR in any other slot. And fuck it, looks cool.
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - WildBill
    Sounds - Vunsutta, XlongWayHome, IW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    You need actorX importer, but as I said, if you want you can send them to me and I'll export them with no problems :D
    ASA I get Ava installed, I'll send you files
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    ASA I get Ava installed, I'll send you files
    :D AVA has some good animations tho!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    :D AVA has some good animations tho!
    Haha, that's what Im talking about!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    stuff...

M21-EBR for G3SG1
    Models/Textures - IW
    Anims - Mantuna
    Sounds - IW
    I only tested this one, but it looks like you forgot to put snap in the shoot sequences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2010
    20 Posts
    I only tested this one, but it looks like you forgot to put snap in the shoot sequences.
    yeah ta, I hadn't. Reuploaded now. I think.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    yeah ta, I hadn't. Reuploaded now. I think.
    Same for all your compiles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2010
    20 Posts
    Same for all your compiles.
    yeah they all been reuploaded

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    yeah they all been reuploaded
    Marvelous. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Added Dogface's work to the OP.

40. Post #40
    November 2010
    49 Posts
    why did the last thread close down?

i dont know how to add things to models or anything so does anyone know if they can tell me how cause ive been searching on the web and cant find anything.

sorry for getting off topic i just want help so i can contribute.

hey ive noticed with a few of the released MoH weapons there are bugs like in the m14 theres a bug that once i begin to fire it starts playing the reload animation.
    anyone know how to fix?