1. Post #1081
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,750 Posts
    Hey, just wanna know, what programs do you guys use for animating?

Sweet, a page king.

Dumb :frown: was only wondering programs people used for animating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #1082
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    3dsmax seems to be the most popular. I've seen people use Blender and Maya too though. I've heard Maya is pretty hard to get the hang of.

On another note. Been thinking of doing another project for LWW lol. There seem to be a lack of decent legal ww2 models around gamebanana so I may end up animating ones from DoD:S into gmod. (Including sprint, empty and full reloads, ect) Been kind of in the mood to animate ww2 stuff, so I may do it for fun anyway. Working on a B.A.R. at the moment. Will post pics soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    November 2010
    129 Posts
    to fix the semi-auto problem:

download ActionDragon's cs:s beta weapon scripts using new values:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/c...mod/39555.html

use the new weapon scripts. add your changes. done.
    sorry for being super duper late on this but can someone upload these scripts with the updated values cause im to dumb to know which ones to change? thx for rating me dumb btw lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Hey, just wanna know, what programs do you guys use for animating?

Sweet, a page king.
    As ManTuna said, most of us use max. Max, Maya, and Blender are all good for animation, but there are other programs people use that aren't for animation (ie model hacking with Milkshape)

3dsmax seems to be the most popular. I've seen people use Blender and Maya too though. I've heard Maya is pretty hard to get the hang of.

On another note. Been thinking of doing another project for LWW lol. There seem to be a lack of decent legal ww2 models around gamebanana so I may end up animating ones from DoD:S into gmod. (Including sprint, empty and full reloads, ect) Been kind of in the mood to animate ww2 stuff, so I may do it for fun anyway. Working on a B.A.R. at the moment. Will post pics soon.
    I was just thinking. Maybe take some stuff from RnL? It's free, and the models are probably much much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1085
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Double post fail. Sorry guys.

Rate me boxes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 6Friendly x 3Late x 1Funny x 1Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086
    May 2009
    59 Posts
    Double post fail. Sorry guys.

Rate me boxes
    As your wish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1088
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    nvm(smth late was here but deleted, rong tiem)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 2 (list)

9. Post #1089
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Reminds me mildly of the CoD WaW BAR animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1090
    September 2011
    133 Posts
    Any Crysis ports?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    Any Crysis ports?
    One. SCAR for the sg552.

Also some world models from Crysis 2 on facepunch. Not skins, though, just props.
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...ysis-2-Weapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #1092
    October 2010
    370 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,777 Posts
    Are there any other weapon sounds that haven't been ported? The HK416 and the FN Minimi Para sound exactly like the M4 and the M249.

Could you get the sounds for emplaced weapons and vehicle turrets, as well as things like anti-tank weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1094
    October 2010
    370 Posts
    Are there any other weapon sounds that haven't been ported? The HK416 and the FN Minimi Para sound exactly like the M4 and the M249.
    In the game they are identical!
    Could you get the sounds for emplaced weapons and vehicle turrets, as well as things like anti-tank weapons?
    I'm working on it :)

15. Post #1095
    February 2011
    7 Posts
    Guys just wondering, in 3ds max, how do you seperate the bolt from sniper rifles so you could animate those?
    Like for instance im trying to seperate a bolt from the l96 so i could animate it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1096
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    Guys just wondering, in 3ds max, how do you seperate the bolt from sniper rifles so you could animate those?
    Like for instance im trying to seperate a bolt from the l96 so i could animate it
    Learn for yourself, god damn it this thread was almost dead and you bumped the shit out of this... ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1097
    October 2010
    380 Posts
    1. Select the rifle.

select "element" and then select the bolt, if it selects too much then select the bolt with "polygon" (you can select multiple stuff by holding "ctrl" (i think, or is it shift??)
    3. click "detach"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    1. Select the rifle.

select "element" and then select the bolt, if it selects too much then select the bolt with "polygon" (you can select multiple stuff by holding "ctrl" (i think, or is it shift??)
    3. click "detach"
    Also, to add to this. You'll probably need to edit the pivot of the object after detaching. At the top right there is a hierarchy tab (looks like a box with three boxes underneath it) Select the bolt, click that tab, click "affect pivot only" then "center to object" That's normally what I do. I always have to do this when I detach something because for some reason it throws the pivot way off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    February 2011
    7 Posts
    1. Select the rifle.

3. click "detach"
    thanks man it helped alot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    Also, to add to this. You'll probably need to edit the pivot of the object after detaching. At the top right there is a hierarchy tab (looks like a box with three boxes underneath it) Select the bolt, click that tab, click "affect pivot only" then "center to object" That's normally what I do. I always have to do this when I detach something because for some reason it throws the pivot way off.
    + I liek to lock any axis to not move them accidentaly(for example wanna slide moving only to front(wut?) & back, lock x & z (as ah remember), se IBR's local "thingy" & tadaa. Very useful for parts that are moving only in 1 way like killswitch, slide/mag relz or saiud already slide

Jeniffer maybe was bad animatur but he knew few useful trickz that were already available in max5 or 6...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    + I liek to lock any axis to not move them accidentaly(for example wanna slide moving only to front(wut?) & back, lock x & z (as ah remember), se IBR's local "thingy" & tadaa. Very useful for parts that are moving only in 1 way like killswitch, slide/mag relz or saiud already slide

Jeniffer maybe was bad animatur but he knew few useful trickz that were already available in max5 or 6...
    Yeah, I do this with the fingers on my hand rig mostly. I wouldn't say Jen was a bad animator.. He had a really odd style lol. He had good and bad sets like everybody else imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #1102

July 2010
    224 Posts
    Yeah, I do this with the fingers on my hand rig mostly. I wouldn't say Jen was a bad animator.. He had a really odd style lol. He had good and bad sets like everybody else imo.
    jennifer was a unique animator. his animations were really creative and odd. I never see kind of that guy from nowsadays animators.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #1103
    November 2007
    79 Posts

Lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1104
    July 2010
    19 Posts
    cool. Release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Kazakhstan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    ^ This is why this thread needs to be dead.. ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1106
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    HAAMULU, Ah must hurry w/ my TPG, cant up vids but screens...FP is literally only 1 site(fuck gb) where I'm still available...
    that fucking https HURRRRRRR

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,805 Posts
    HAAMULU, Ah must hurry w/ my TPG, cant up vids but screens...FP is literally only 1 site(fuck gb) where I'm still available...
    that fucking https HURRRRRRR
    If you want, send me your videos over something and I'll upload em for ya. Also, I'm looking for a solution for your HTTPS problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #1108
    January 2011
    311 Posts
    If you want, send me your videos over something and I'll upload em for ya. Also, I'm looking for a solution for your HTTPS problem.
    Up? Where? On your ytc? hmm...i dunno lol

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,331 Posts

no, its just one of the reasons why this thread is sometimes horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,805 Posts
    Up? Where? On your ytc? hmm
    If you'd like, but there are a variety of places you can upload videos. Speaking of which, have you tried other video sites other than Youtube? I'm sure some don't require HTTPS logins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #1111
    November 2010
    485 Posts
    no, its just one of the reasons why this thread is sometimes horrible.
    Not only horrible, but dead, no releases, derp people asking for releases... well, dead isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1112
    July 2010
    19 Posts
    hahaha so many angry nerds ! ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Kazakhstan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113
    July 2011
    146 Posts
    I think it's not anger, more like sadness. People make stuff and most of the time the only response comes from people like you, asking the same boring and off-topic question: "release ? when u release ?". This thread is to talk and show what you're currently working on, when it's done, it gets released. When it's not done, it doesn't get released. Use your brains for a bit and leave some air for actual on-topic posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,805 Posts
    Whoa you sure showed us buddy

Winky face too, I'm dying with anger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115
    November 2007
    79 Posts
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20879...000_v2_w_2.zip

MW2 Fn2000 replacing AUG. It's something old that I decided to update. It was an old rig, so I wasn't able to do with it what I could do with my current one. Updated the draw and reload animations as well as new world models courtesy of Ganryu666, Wraithcat, and Defuse. Preview Video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLSy1Nhh9g

Also have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6mvCXl2HZI (The Pulse Rifle Reload.) WIP

Sorry for all the links, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1116
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,805 Posts

MW2 Fn2000 replacing AUG. It's something old that I decided to update. It was an old rig, so I wasn't able to do with it what I could do with my current one. Updated the draw and reload animations as well as new world models courtesy of Ganryu666, Wraithcat, and Defuse. Preview Video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLSy1Nhh9g

Also have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6mvCXl2HZI (The Pulse Rifle Reload.) WIP

My favourite gun! Lovely job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #1117
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    I think it's not anger, more like sadness. People make stuff and most of the time the only response comes from people like you, asking the same boring and off-topic question: "release ? when u release ?". This thread is to talk and show what you're currently working on, when it's done, it gets released. When it's not done, it doesn't get released. Use your brains for a bit and leave some air for actual on-topic posts.
    Exe, I love you.

Pulse rifle reload is nice, but I agree with linkmister: the sudden rotation needs to be adjusted just a little bit.

Alright, first edit to these animations since the 16th of September. They're not as absolutely amazing as ManTuna's but hopefully I can improve them little by little with help from some of you guys.

While we're on the subject, can someone teach me how to make decent fire animations? I think Broke had a tut, but I'm too lazy to go find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    February 2010
    6,105 Posts
    You're so cool and edgy, how can I be like you, nerde.

39. Post #1119
    June 2010
    378 Posts
    anyone mind helping me on this? i've been working on this huge model hack for a few days now, and it's almost finished, but the arms are a bit retarded:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...9832244523416/

P.S
    tried putting on sleeves but the gun and arms start flying everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1120
    November 2007
    79 Posts

Pulse rifle reload is nice, but I agree with linkmister: the sudden rotation needs to be adjusted just a little bit.

While we're on the subject, can someone teach me how to make decent fire animations? I think Broke had a tut, but I'm too lazy to go find it.
    Thanks, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

I'll let you know how I do shoot animations and see if this helps you. I normally only have it set to 15 to 16 frames for a scene. Frame 0: Have the gun dip down slightly, and slightly moved backwards. Frame 1: Have the gun at it highest recoil that you want it to be at. From what I notice, moving back always seems to look better than excessive upward movement imo. Now this next few parts you can kinda edit to see what looks best for you. At around frame 7-9 have the gun move forward some and a slight dip down, but don't have it moved all the way to the origin. The rest of the animation is yours to mess with the return to origin; whether you want to have it slide back into place (by not editing it further) or having it dip or bounce back.

You can do the same thing with a different style of shoots instead of recoiling upwards, you can have the gun rotate up, but using the move tool down for frame 1, then adjusting from there. The best way you can see with that kind of shoot is with broke's mp5 animations or his first ak47 set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGZpEiU0Ts kinda like that, if you see what I mean.

hope that helped.

edit. Also forgot to add; For multiple shoots you can do something as simple as editing an existing one to have more recoil, less movement back, or a slight rotation to the right or left to give it a more realistic feel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)