1. Post #41
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,844 Posts
    I would barely call it current-gen.
    It's more like an updated last-gen console.
    Who really cares, though? I've had as much fun playing Wii as I have on the other consoles. MH Tri and Brawl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,521 Posts
    I think you can, providing you can prove you own the original.

Also, I'm rather curious about one particular issue. I own the GBA port of Super Mario Bros, but not the NES cart. Does that mean if I downloaded the NES ROM and played it, that would be okay?
    Technically it is still illegal if you own the game and download another copy of it.

Like walking into a car dealership and picking up another car for free because you already own one. Its the fact there is two distinct versions of the intellectual property you would have in your possession.

Edit:
    Please take note the TECHNICALLY bit, I have never ever heard of it being enforced ever, but as far as intellectual property licensing laws go, you are not allowed to reproduce the IP into multiple copies (unless you can prove they are for backups). Again though, hardly enforceable, and again, have never heard of it being enforced, I am just highlighting the technicality of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

3. Post #43
    October 2010
    227 Posts
    Technically it is still illegal if you own the game and download another copy of it.

Like walking into a car dealership and picking up another car for free because you already own one. Its the fact there is two distinct versions of the intellectual property you would have in your possession.
    actually its more like going into a virtual car dealership and downloading an older version of a car that you already have
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,254 Posts

It's not like the cops are going to storm into your house because you downloaded a Pokemon Blue ROM online that has a physical value of less than £1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

5. Post #45
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,844 Posts
    It's not like the cops are going to storm into your house because you downloaded a Pokemon Blue ROM online that has a physical value of less than £1.
    It's still unlawful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    It's still unlawful.
    There's lots of retarded laws in this world that desperately need a major overhaul so they'll make sense now, and in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,167 Posts
    I've been using PCSX2 to play my copy of Timesplitters: Future Perfect recently as my younger brother still won't return my PS2 controllers. Other than the occasional graphical glitch and the hot, hot CPU on emulated CPU action causing a 68C temp, it runs fairly well.

Might look at using a Wii emulator at some point, I'd really need a sensor bar for it to work with any games I own though

8. Post #48
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,618 Posts
    About when do you guys expect that we'll start seeing 360 and ps3 emulators?

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,717 Posts
    About when do you guys expect that we'll start seeing 360 and ps3 emulators?
    ages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    5+ years and thats very optimistic.
    There is one guy that took interest in making 360 emu, but I don't know anyone else trying it.
    http://www.noxa.org/blog/
    I am honestly not surprised, because consoles nowadays are getting more complicated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    March 2010
    1,387 Posts
    Is PCSX2 the best PS2 emulator? I was playing FFX again with it a while ago, but it was plagued with bugs and glitches.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator that runs commercial PS2 games so I'd say it's best. As for FFX you should download latest version and it should be alright. AFAIK it is one of PS2 games that has low requirements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #53
    Der FΓΌhrer
    January 2011
    4,026 Posts
    I want to play God of War 1 on my PC so bad. :smith:

14. Post #54
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,092 Posts
    I don't bother with emulators mainly because I already have the hardware. :smug:
    I would agree though that the original NO$GMB emulator (here) is pretty cool. It's ancient to today's standards but the minimum requirements are for an XT/AT (286) system running DOS so I can play Pokemon on my Compaq Portable 386's amber gas plasma display.

15. Post #55
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    I don't bother with emulators mainly because I already have the hardware. :smug:
    I would agree though that the original NO$GMB emulator (here) is pretty cool. It's ancient to today's standards but the minimum requirements are for an XT/AT (286) system running DOS so I can play Pokemon on my Compaq Portable 386's amber gas plasma display.
    Yes but.. do you have a MSX? :smug:

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Yes but.. do you have a MSX? :smug:
    or 3DO

17. Post #57
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    He most likely owns that. MSX is almost exclusively European/Japanese.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,592 Posts
    Oh hey, did anyone say

emulation? :buddy:
    That's Wii, lads, running in 1920x1080 glorious pixels. :c00lbert:

SMBWii here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4861882/Scre...8-12-04-58.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4861882/Scre.../Wii/nsmb1.png
    Wow, look at the detail in some of those textures, you'd never see that level of detail when playing on the actual Wii because of the SD res
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

19. Post #59
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,618 Posts
    just so you know guys, you can get last gen consoles piss cheap nowadays.
    ~$25 for a gamecube
    ~$40 for a PS2
    ~$40 for an XBOX

if you don't want to bother with the emulators

20. Post #60
    FOXY BROWN
    January 2007
    2,105 Posts
    ~$25 for a gamecube
    ~$40 for a PS2
    ~$40 for an XBOX

Except, if you're like me, you don't want to look at horrid 480p (or even 480i) resolution pictures that are horribly distorted on any modern TV set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Except, if you're like me, you don't want to look at horrid 480p (or even 480i) resolution pictures that are horribly distorted on any modern TV set.
    Or Aliasing everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,146 Posts
    I use -snip- to find my emulators.
    That link contains warez.
    Might be wise to remove that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    FOXY BROWN
    January 2007
    2,105 Posts
    Thread content:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

24. Post #64
    October 2009
    9,618 Posts
    welp it might just be me, but my gamecube looks great on my computer monitor

Edited:

Thread content:

is that prime echoes or just prime

25. Post #65
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,092 Posts
    Had a Yamaha CX5M II/128 which was an MSX system but traded it as I had no useful way to play anything other than the music synth and the onboard BASIC on it (no cassette cable, no floppy drive and notably, no cartridge games).
    Also briefly had a 3DO but it was total ass and traded it for an equally useless Commodore CD32.
    Now that I think of it, I have a Vectrex emulator for an old PDP-11 hidden somewhere but have no vector terminals to use it with.

26. Post #66
    FOXY BROWN
    January 2007
    2,105 Posts
    Prime 1, no Echoes here.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    welp it might just be me, but my gamecube looks great on my computer monitor
    Emulate the same game at 1080p with anti-aliasing. Compare to the original console. Never go back.

Edited:

Is PCSX2 the best PS2 emulator? I was playing FFX again with it a while ago, but it was plagued with bugs and glitches.
    FFX runs fine on PCSX2. Make sure you enable the "missing terrain" fix though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #68
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    Had a Yamaha CX5M II/128 which was an MSX system but traded it as I had no useful way to play anything other than the music synth and the onboard BASIC on it (no cassette cable, no floppy drive and notably, no cartridge games).
    Also briefly had a 3DO but it was total ass and traded it for an equally useless Commodore CD32.
    Now that I think of it, I have a Vectrex emulator for an old PDP-11 hidden somewhere but have no vector terminals to use it with.
    The CX5M is the only model released in North America, am i right? If so, almost NO GAMES were available for it, most likely due to the little interest people had in it. And the fact it was marketed as a music computer.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    What was that website that allowed you to play DOS games without downloading anything?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,717 Posts
    What was that website that allowed you to play DOS games without downloading anything?
    probably this http://dosdose.com/ which i found from google

Edited:

or use this handy link for more results!

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Hey you might want to add this site to the OP:
    http://www.emulator-zone.com/

32. Post #72
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    Wow, how well did it run?
    60FPS, all the time. It's with VSync, mind you

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,167 Posts
    Tiny bits of content from TimeSplitters using PCSX2;

It runs fairly decently, the story mode has some slowdown issues during anything remotely intensive, the arcade modes are usually fairly fine give or take the occasional artefact (protip: virus mode and the ghost gun cause bad enough artefacts alone, together, holy shit it's bad).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    ~$25 for a gamecube
    ~$40 for a PS2
    ~$40 for an XBOX

I sold my TV, and there's lag when using a TV-tuner + computer to display it.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,717 Posts

Edited:

plug it into your monitor then

36. Post #76
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    Wow, look at the detail in some of those textures, you'd never see that level of detail when playing on the actual Wii because of the SD res
    I don't even touch my Wii anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    plug it into your monitor then
    can't, only DVI

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    Does Dolphin support 4 players?

39. Post #79
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    Does Dolphin support 4 players?
    Yeah, it's pretty much Wii HD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,592 Posts
    Thread content:

if you can somehow get the mouse to act as a control strick.. Prime would be cool.

Edited:

wait, can't you make the mouse emulate the Wii mote? that would work with the MP trilogy for the wii