1. Post #121
    November 2010
    235 Posts
    I used to love emulators, I used them all the time. Then I realised that if I wanted to play console games, it was better to play them on the console, the way it was meant to be played. You just don't get the same experiencie.
    That's good too, but what about obscure and rare consoles? Mind you, I do take the console over the emulator where possible. Hence I have like 4 different models of GBA, a GBC, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, PS1, PS2, and DS.

Edit; and a fuckload of other systems nobody cares about. I got a Sega Genesis with 4 games for 10, hell yeah.

Y'all are just jealous because my TV setup looks like an alien command station

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Pcx2 runs metal gear solid 2 pretty badly, but it runs MGS3 fine, weird.
    Use some speedhacks. Also if you're playing original MGS3 then it makes sense, because the camera is positioned from top like RTS games which speeds the game up. Try to run MGS3 Subsistence which has MGS2 thirdperson camera and you'll see how the game lags due to viewing the surroundings.

3. Post #123
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,535 Posts
    I get 5 fps and texture errors while playing Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    I get 5 fps and texture errors while playing Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin :smith:
    This one?
    http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/s...ad.php?tid=771
    It's supposed to run fine unless your PC is very old.

Try new versions if you haven't yet.
    http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,292 Posts
    If I connect my wiimote to my PC, Can I play the games with wiimote abilities?
    Like Mario Kart Wii with that steering n stuff?

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    If I connect my wiimote to my PC, Can I play the games with wiimote abilities?
    Like Mario Kart Wii with that steering n stuff?
    Yes.
    http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/support.html

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,499 Posts
    Use some speedhacks. Also if you're playing original MGS3 then it makes sense, because the camera is positioned from top like RTS games which speeds the game up. Try to run MGS3 Subsistence which has MGS2 thirdperson camera and you'll see how the game lags due to viewing the surroundings.
    I did use speedhacks, but I can't get it so the cutscenes don't stutter every few seconds or that the gameplay slows down during boss fights.

Edited:

and the game is like 40% cutscenes anyways.

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,017 Posts

Nostalgia. I played this a lot as a kid. I'm in training mode because my friend has yet to return my wired 360 controller, and I do not find 3d fighting games comfortable to play with the Keyboard.

9. Post #129
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,535 Posts
    That's Budokai/Budokai 2 right?

10. Post #130
    December 2009
    7,264 Posts
    I just downloaded mame and extracted both the downloaded file and the one inside. This may sound idiotic, but where is the mame.exe?

11. Post #131
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,767 Posts
    Good to know. Windwaker on Dolphin is a travesty cuz it looks so awesome. The audio just wasn't there and many people complained of a black screen of doom at some point in the game.
    It works 100% here, widescreen and all included

12. Post #132
    December 2009
    7,264 Posts
    Wait, downloaded the wrong one. Accidentally downloaded the source code. Oops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,017 Posts
    That's Budokai/Budokai 2 right?
    Yes Indeedy, I also have some MGS here

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts

Is it just me, or is the title filled with sexual innuendos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    December 2009
    7,264 Posts
    I love emulators. It's nice to get all these old games to play and have lots of fun with. I get a computer just for emulators as a personal emulator station of sorts to set up in the rec room. Buy some cheap USB controllers and the possibilities are endless!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #136
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,590 Posts
    I was never aware that emulators worked this well

17. Post #137
    Dennab
    November 2007
    284 Posts
    I was never aware that emulators worked this well
    We are in 2011. I'm looking forward to the original xbox emulator, it's been worked on slowly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts

Ooh finished that one, too. Older Dolphin revision had very funny bugs in this game like Snake "dancing" with the legs or Meryl going through wall.
    Also have this very funny bug Gsdx got in certain revision long time ago and was fixed a bit after.

and this is how it looked way before

SPS everywhere man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    July 2010
    566 Posts
    I got into a good gamecube emulator a while back and played animal crossing for hours on end ^__^

Pay the first rent, they said...
    @______________________@
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #140
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,904 Posts
    Is ePSXe any good for a Playstation Emulator or is there a better one

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,868 Posts
    Is ePSXe any good for a Playstation Emulator or is there a better one
    ePSXe is pretty much the one to go fore, you can easily find pre-configured ones so you don't ave to mess with addons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    February 2010
    873 Posts
    After 10 years its legal just dont profit from it.

I have found a shit-load of roms, iso's, that has just about everything.

-url snipped-

(User was banned for this post ("Warez (10 year rule isn't true)" - Hexxeh))
    Ban him for warez but leave the link in place?

Edited:

By the dumb ratings, I'm assuming some have misunderstood me. I snipped the URL myself, it seems odd that Copy_Cat was banned for linking to a ROM site but Hexxeh left the link on the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,826 Posts
    I had SMS playing great on an old build of Dolphin with some settings tweaks, but I posted it in the GMF somewhere and I forget where

If I find it I'll copy it here

EDIT: Found my post - it uses a really old build so find it if you want, or try the same settings on the current build:

[release] Using Dolphin SVN 6700 x64 version
    NO I'M WRONG USE 6599 x64!!!!!
    NTSC ISO of Super Mario Sunshine

Game config:

Basically make sure nothing is checked/unchecked and have no projection hacks enabled

Dolphin config general tab:

Dolphin config display tab:

Notice panic handlers off

D3D9 plugin config general:

EFB scale x2 was the only one that didn't make the goop slide away

D3D9 plugin config advanced:

All guides say real XFB but no, it made it look like shit for me

Also turn off audio throttle[/release]

With those settings I got 30+ FPS and no visual glitches, except the level with the giant shadow stingray - there was a certain tweak you needed to make that level playable at all but I forget it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    Doesn't MGS3 Normal edition and MGS2 SOL and Substance have the exact same style of cameras?

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,677 Posts
    Is it just me, or is the title filled with sexual innuendos?
    The whole series is.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,651 Posts
    Good to know. Windwaker on Dolphin is a travesty cuz it looks so awesome. The audio just wasn't there and many people complained of a black screen of doom at some point in the game.
    What settings do you use?
    These are mine and it runs between 27-30 FPS with perfect audio.
    (Note: D3D9 > D3D11 when trying to play windwaker)

Also what version of dolphin? (I'm using r7442) (Oh wow i'm outdated)

After updating i'm maxing it out at a steady 30FPS. :haw:

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Doesn't MGS3 Normal edition and MGS2 SOL and Substance have the exact same style of cameras?
    Both MGS2s have same camera (third person), but regular MGS3 has MGS1 camera (top view) and MGS3S has both.

28. Post #148
    February 2009
    4,535 Posts
    Would it affect the fps if I put the Dolphin emulator on an External HDD, and opened it from there?

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Only load times. All emulators are CPU dependant with GPU being fairly close. RAM and HDD etc. don't really matter.
    Also the MGS3 cameras
    Normal and 3rd person. I am not sure, but in original MGS3 the normal camera is even from top like MGS1.
    Notice how the fps decreases, because it has to render more stuff.

30. Post #150
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,767 Posts
    I never had a PS2, so how does it look in comparison to the console?

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    What do you mean? Quality? Accuracy? If quality then it looks way better, if you mean accuracy yeah well there are always some glitches you may stumble upon like MGS3 is missing bloom, HDR and reflections.
    This is how it looks in software mode which is more accurate

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts
    I never had a PS2, so how does it look in comparison to the console?
    If the emulator doesn't cause any graphical errors, it can look much better, proper AA, better filtering for textures and much more. The chances of that happening in most games? Zero to none.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    The whole series is.
    Oh well, Keep on truckin' Japan.

34. Post #154
    December 2009
    7,264 Posts
    How do I get PS2 emulators to work? The entire process confuses me.

35. Post #155
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,427 Posts

Nostalgia. I played this a lot as a kid. I'm in training mode because my friend has yet to return my wired 360 controller, and I do not find 3d fighting games comfortable to play with the Keyboard.
    Too bad PS2 games run so horribly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,017 Posts
    Too bad PS2 games run so horribly.
    That is the game cube version

Also, anyone know whats up with Luigi's Mansion, the Opening cutscene is nice and crisp, but once you get to gameplay its like its running at a smaller resolution,

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...ECAD4FC3197DA/

Look how blurry that is compared to this

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...E3C9DF3944432/

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts
    Probably because the FMV at the start is just that? A video? It requires so much less power to render than a live game. So the resolution can be bumped up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #158
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,227 Posts
    What's a decent Dreamcast emulator? I have a Dreamcast and all the games i want to play, But i have no TV for it :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,382 Posts
    Does anyone know any emulators for a Blackberry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #160

December 2007
    101 Posts
    What's a decent Dreamcast emulator? I have a Dreamcast and all the games i want to play, But i have no TV for it :smith:
    nullDC is the best dreamcast emulator, You can get the latest version here: http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/downloads/list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)