1. Post #241
    March 2010
    4,538 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix this shit? I'm trying to use my Logitech gamepad with dolphin, after I set all the controls and press OK, Dolphin's like: "Nope! Fuck that!" and reverts to the regular keyboard controls. Anyone else have a similar problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix this shit? I'm trying to use my Logitech gamepad with dolphin, after I set all the controls and press OK, Dolphin's like: "Nope! Fuck that!" and reverts to the regular keyboard controls. Anyone else have a similar problem?
    It is just plug and play for me.

3. Post #243
    March 2010
    4,538 Posts
    Nevermind, instead of binding the controls in dolphin I used the logitech software to bind it to the Keyboard keys. Problem solved.

Edited:

Also, Wind Waker says that my memory card is corrupted whenever I start it.
    Plus, Dolphin seems to forget my settings, going from my native resolution which I set it to back to the default, and not finding my roms when it boots up.

Should I be using an older revision than 7692?

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,220 Posts
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl is amazing
    don't forget no more heroes, but if you have a ps3 i recommend you just buy the port

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    Nevermind, instead of binding the controls in dolphin I used the logitech software to bind it to the Keyboard keys. Problem solved.

Edited:

Also, Wind Waker says that my memory card is corrupted whenever I start it.
    Plus, Dolphin seems to forget my settings, going from my native resolution which I set it to back to the default, and not finding my roms when it boots up.

Should I be using an older revision than 7692?
    Wind Waker said my card was corrupted too but it randomly started working one day.

Also, I never bother with Logitech drivers, Windows handles it well enough. I can use Joy2Key or xPadder if i need more functionality. I don't get vibration as a result, though.

6. Post #246
    December 2009
    11,960 Posts
    I want to emulate my Wii and GCN very very badly, but my DVD drive doesn't read the discs. :saddowns:

7. Post #247
    October 2010
    11,581 Posts
    Is there a specs requirement to run PSP emulator?

8. Post #248
    Dennab
    November 2007
    284 Posts
    I want to emulate my Wii and GCN very very badly, but my DVD drive doesn't read the discs. :saddowns:
    It's legal to download a copy of the game if you own it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    Only specific (LG, I believe) drives can.

Edited:

It's legal to download a copy of the game if you own it
    Depends on the country.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,475 Posts
    Depends on the country.
    but he should just do it anyway, run PeerBlock if you're super paranoid

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Is there a specs requirement to run PSP emulator?
    Not yet, but most of the 3D games are pretty slow. I'm still hoping they'll give the C++ port more attention seeing as it's faster.

Actually now that I look at it there are recommended specs, but still you shouldn't expect playable speeds from most games.
    [release]OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7) 32bit/64bit or Linux (any up-to-date distribution) 32bit/64bit.
    CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core or 2.3 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 3200+.
    RAM: 1 Gb.
    Video Card: 256 Mb. Requires full OpenGL support (version 2.0 is the recommended minimum).[/release]

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,594 Posts
    -snip- Did my own reading

13. Post #253
    December 2009
    11,960 Posts
    Well, since it's legal to download roms of a game I own, where do you guys recommend downloading them from?

14. Post #254
    November 2010
    2,268 Posts
    Well, since it's legal to download roms of a game I own, where do you guys recommend downloading them from?
    Torrents.

15. Post #255
    August 2008
    301 Posts
    http://emulatethe.net/ is a new private rom and emulation tracker. It's open to the public right now. I found it on reddit, just thought I should share.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    http://emulatethe.net/ is a new private rom and emulation tracker. It's open to the public right now. I found it on reddit, just thought I should share.
    Code:
    #include "ocelot.h"
    #include "config.h"
    #include "db.h"
    #include "worker.h"
    #include "events.h"
    #include "schedule.h"

static mysql *db_ptr;
    static connection_mother *mother;

static void sig_handler(int sig)
    {
    	std::cout << "Caught SIGINT/SIGTERM" << std::endl;
    	delete(mother);
    	db_ptr->flush_torrents();
    	db_ptr->flush_users();
    	db_ptr->flush_snatches();
    	db_ptr->flush_peers();
    	exit(0);
    }

int main() {
    	config conf;

signal(SIGINT, sig_handler);
    	signal(SIGTERM, sig_handler);

mysql db(conf.mysql_db, conf.mysql_host, conf.mysql_username, conf.mysql_password);
    	db_ptr = &db;

std::unordered_map torrents_list;
    	db.load_torrents(torrents_list);
    	std::cout << "Loaded " << torrents_list.size() << " torrents" << std::endl;
    	db.register_torrents(torrents_list)

std::unordered_map users_list;
    	db.load_users(users_list);
    	std::cout << "Loaded " << users_list.size() << " users" << std::endl;
    	db.log_users(users_list)

std::vector whitelist;
    	db.load_whitelist(whitelist);
    	std::cout << "Loaded " << whitelist.size() << " clients into the whitelist" << std::endl;

// Create worker object, which handles announces and scrapes and all that jazz
    	worker work(torrents_list, users_list, whitelist, &conf, &db);

// Create connection mother, which binds to its socket and handles the event stuff
    	mother = new connection_mother(&work, &conf, &db);

return 0;
    }
    what is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,616 Posts
    Code:
    #include "ocelot.h"
    #include "config.h"
    #include "db.h"
    #include "worker.h"
    #include "events.h"
    #include "schedule.h"

static mysql *db_ptr;

{
    	delete(mother);
    	db_ptr->flush_users();
    	db_ptr->flush_peers();
    	exit(0);
    }

int main() {
    	config conf;

mysql db(conf.mysql_db, conf.mysql_host, conf.mysql_username, conf.mysql_password);
    	db_ptr = &db;

db.log_users(users_list)

std::cout << "Loaded " << whitelist.size() << " clients into the whitelist" << std::endl;

// Create connection mother, which binds to its socket and handles the event stuff

return 0;
    }
    what is this
    C++ code ?

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    its what happens when I go to http://emulatethe.net/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,475 Posts
    it probably means that the website is broken and you should try again later

just a speculation, I'm not certain

20. Post #260
    August 2008
    301 Posts
    Code:
    #include "ocelot.h"
    #include "config.h"
    #include "db.h"
    #include "worker.h"
    #include "events.h"
    #include "schedule.h"

static mysql *db_ptr;

{
    	delete(mother);
    	db_ptr->flush_users();
    	db_ptr->flush_peers();
    	exit(0);
    }

int main() {
    	config conf;

db_ptr = &db;

db.log_users(users_list)

return 0;
    }
    what is this
    There's links hidden on that page that link to the register page and login. It's db.log_users is to login and db.register_torrents is to register.

21. Post #261
    July 2009
    848 Posts
    Hell yeah baby

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    There's links hidden on that page that link to the register page and login. It's db.log_users is to login and db.register_torrents is to register.
    cleaver
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,315 Posts
    i have played ww on dolphin up until the triforce shard part (because fuck that) and the only issue i have had is a freeze at a certain part of the tower of the gods, which was fixed via a patch. other than that it ran fine (30fps <3).
    WW freezes with me when ever the old man in his house tried to take money from me for smashing his pots.

24. Post #264
    August 2008
    301 Posts
    Confused me too.

25. Post #265
    December 2009
    11,960 Posts
    Okay, I have a question about ePSXe. Last time I tried it, games ran at super-wtf-holy-shit-speed because there wasn't an FPS limiter. Where DO I get an FPS limiter for it so I don't have to play the game at 60x speed?

26. Post #266
    Dennab
    November 2007
    284 Posts
    There should be a fps limiter in the graphics plugin settings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    Okay, I have a question about ePSXe. Last time I tried it, games ran at super-wtf-holy-shit-speed because there wasn't an FPS limiter. Where DO I get an FPS limiter for it so I don't have to play the game at 60x speed?
    One of the F buttons activates a FPS limit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    March 2008
    3,204 Posts
    You could give pSX a whirl. Doesn't need any plugins or setup besides the bios.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    875 Posts
    what are some old games that work well on a touchscreen phone (no precisely timed movement)

i'm tired of playing pokemon basically and now my phone is capable of n64 and probably ps1 i want to broaden my game choice

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,315 Posts
    I signed up nearly 22 hours ago and have still not gotten an e-mail.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    what are some old games that work well on a touchscreen phone (no precisely timed movement)

i'm tired of playing pokemon basically and now my phone is capable of n64 and probably ps1 i want to broaden my game choice
    I've beaten Medievil for the PS1 on my phone and I've gotten pretty far into Super Mario 64.

Just practice with the touchscreen and you'll be fine.

Edited:

I signed up nearly 22 hours ago and have still not gotten an e-mail.
    I got an Email within a minute.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,315 Posts
    I got an Email within a minute.
    I tried 2 different e-mails. Didn't get anything. They were Hotmail and Live addresses. Maybe Microsoft is blocking the e-mails completely, because they're not in my Junk folder.

Or that site doesn't like Microsoft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    December 2009
    11,960 Posts
    I hate torrents on my internet. I'm trying to download FF7/8/9 since my discs are fucked but my internet sucks so much it only downloaded 38% of them last night. :(

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    I tried 2 different e-mails. Didn't get anything. They were Hotmail and Live addresses. Maybe Microsoft is blocking the e-mails completely, because they're not in my Junk folder.

Or that site doesn't like Microsoft.
    Lately a fair amount of automated E-mail systems tend to dislike Microsoft's E-mail service.
    Try making a Gmail account and use that instead.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,315 Posts
    Lately a fair amount of automated E-mail systems tend to dislike Microsoft's E-mail service.
    Try making a Gmail account and use that instead.
    Gmail wants me to give them my phone number to receive and automated message with a verification code.

Why...!

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    Gmail wants me to give them my phone number to receive and automated message with a verification code.

Why...!
    To make sure you're not a bot who's making a Gmail account to spam people.
    Captcha isn't good enough anymore

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,209 Posts
    I haven't played Ratchet & Clank for ages, so I donwloaded PCSX2 to play it. The game plays fine during the intro (60 FPS) but when I get to play, framerate drops a lot when looking at somewhere where's a lot of stuff.

I guess I should forget playing PS2 games on this computer, until there's some way to get the game working with my setup (Q6600, GTX460).

38. Post #278
    March 2008
    3,204 Posts
    Have you played around with the speedhacks? Setting the graphics to Directx10/11 gives a little boost too. Also check "Allow 8bit textures".

Another thing you can do is go into the audio settings and change synchronizing mode to Async Mix, it makes playing the game a lot more bearable if it is running a bit slow. It says it might break games but it works on everything I've played so far.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,209 Posts
    I'm using the speedhacks and they're helping. Weird thing is that my framerate stays at 60 FPS but the game is still slow, and there's a lot of glitchy textures.

Edited:

As you can see, the framerate is almost 60 FPS but the game ran very slow when I took this screenshot.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    March 2008
    3,204 Posts
    That's probably because you have VU cycle stealing up too high. And the glitches textures is just something you have to deal with. I get it too and I haven't been able to fix it.