1. Post #281
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #282
    March 2010
    845 Posts
    Or we could just have the voting system carry on as it is on the OP post and implement a system. :3:
    Aren't I implementing a system?

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Aren't I implementing a system?
    Sure

4. Post #284
    April 2009
    1,919 Posts
    We should use this thread to create a short list, then start a new thread/update the OP with a complete list and a Poll, like the google one. Also try and get Garry to highlight it so we get more votes coming in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,804 Posts
    -snip-
    Read the rules bad. Sorry folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Take a quick scan at the top 10.

7. Post #287
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,804 Posts
    Take a quick scan at the top 10.
    I did but read the rules wrong.
    Fixed it up.
    Again, sorry. Hope I did not fuck up the thread now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    August 2010
    2,068 Posts
    The war of the worlds (1953)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046534/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #290
    February 2011
    368 Posts
    I did but read the rules wrong.
    Fixed it up.
    Again, sorry. Hope I did not fuck up the thread now.
    Nah we've had many a late post.

11. Post #291
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Gandhi (1982)

Ben Kingsley IS Gandhi. Undoubtably one of the most moving performances of the 80s and of all time. As a movie I'd say it's a vintage masterpiece. Seems more like it's worthy in the 70s rather than 80s but oh well.
    Oi, explain the disagree. :smug:

13. Post #293
    November 2009
    1,585 Posts
    I am ashamed to admit that I have never seen Fight Club. Never got round to it.
    Being ashamed is not enough in this case, go watch it and then return to this topic...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    March 2011
    620 Posts
    you guys have terrible taste in movies, fight club should be no where near the top.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    you guys have terrible taste in movies, fight club should be no where near the top.
    What should Mr Know It All?

16. Post #296
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Oi, explain the disagree. :smug:
    Sorry i had to watch this film for part of my course a couple years back and it bored me

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Sorry i had to watch this film for part of my course a couple years back and it bored me
    It's a long in depth movie. The guy's life is complex and the performances are noticably tough. If it bored you because you were forced to watch it, then that's unlucky.. poor you.

18. Post #298
    March 2011
    620 Posts
    What should Mr Know It All?
    debbie does dallas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,801 Posts
    Hey what do you think you're doing?!

you can't talk about that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,520 Posts
    Although I agree that Fight Club should not be the best, it should definitely be in the top 10.

21. Post #301
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,448 Posts
    I don't know if anyone has done them yet but.

Ghostbusters (1984) (1989)
    Who could disagree with Ghostbusters both the films were awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #302
    November 2009
    1,585 Posts
    That's the most stupid thing I heard today...

23. Post #303
    March 2011
    620 Posts
    That's the most stupid thing I heard today...
    most of the movies on the list so far are popular movies, which although good, are not the best movies ever created by mankind

here's a movie none of you have even heard of which i believe should be on the list:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    most of the movies on the list so far are popular movies, which although good, are not the best movies ever created by mankind

here's a movie none of you have even heard of which i believe should be on the list:

There is no such thing as hipsterism when it comes to movies. Stop trying to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    215 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #306
    BOUGHT A DRAGON DILDO X
    December 2007
    1,036 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    March 2011
    620 Posts
    There is no such thing as hipsterism when it comes to movies. Stop trying to do that.
    i highly doubt anyone on facepunch has heard of buckaroo banzai or the majority of the movies i posted, sorry if you think i'm trying to be a hipster by pointing out the fact that an obscure 80's flick hasn't been viewed by the majority of facepunch. it's a great movie and instead of being a prick about something i said while kinda drunk you should go watch it.

Videodrome (1983)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #308
    November 2009
    1,585 Posts

Edited:

ok now wtf?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Late Late x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #309
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,136 Posts
    I'm proud to see two movies inspired by Philip K. Dick in here.

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,855 Posts
    I'm surprised so many people wouldn't call this a must-see film, I would say that this is pretty much THE best sci-fi film of the 90's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #311
    February 2010
    1,240 Posts

To Kill a Mockingbird
    amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,119 Posts
    Thread is now much more up-to-date and has links to the post by all the movies (although I might change the formatting because it's a bit hard to see atm)
    A few titles are still missing and a lot of the scores are a couple points off so I'll get to that in a bit

Edited:

Also can't believe no one has said this
    The Evil Dead (1981)
    I'll post the rest later or someone else can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #313
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    June 2006
    2,309 Posts
    videodrome is fucking awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #314
    La Grande Illusion (1937)

During the Great War, two French soldiers are captured and imprisoned in a German prisoner of war camp. Several escape attempts follow until they are sent to a seemingly impenetrable fortress which seems impossible to escape from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #315
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

36. Post #316
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,887 Posts
    Robocop (1987)

Had this in my first but edited it out to follow the rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #317
    December 2009
    1,866 Posts
    Unforgiven (1992)
    "You, fat man. Speak up."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #318

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Since it was posted along with a lot of other movies but later removed:
    The Thing (1982)
    I have a The Thing poster on my wall. It looks amazing and scary.

40. Post #320
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)