1. Post #1
    Shacknews Rocks!
    March 2010
    12,486 Posts

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RockPaperShotgun/~3/3OxyHE17FNk/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner x 19Friendly x 4Disagree x 2Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,668 Posts
    For me CS was amazing, what it had and still has over other games is the expanded features from the community, yes some servers force you to download 100000 .wav's.. and it has a shit community. But can you name another game that has so many ways to play it ? In many ways it influenced TF2, some of the classic gamemodes have been ported over with huge success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    534 Posts
    RPS posted:
    so for me a typical round began like this: 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 6. Or something last that. Thatís probably wrong actually. (Apparently I canít consciously interrogate muscle memory for the right combo for Deagle, Colt, Flashbang, HE, ammo. Shit, and I wanted armour too!)
    b13b43b82b83b84b6b7.
    Who needs muscle memory when you can remember all of the menus from all those years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2009
    2,227 Posts

For obvious reasons there is no discussion possible about if CS is a good game. I mean it is 8 or 7 years old now? It has more players then MW2 and Counter Strike Source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    652 Posts
    I hate CS. I used to be fairly good at it, but I stopped playing for a few months. I came back and I've gotten very rusty at it and get headshotted at the beginning of every round. There are way too many hackers on CS for me to play it anymore, anyway. It was good back in the day but for me, it's obsolete now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    scoutzknivez on cs 1.6... those were the days

oh and pcw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,045 Posts
    Good ol' days. Back when I didn't have internet on my room and a shitty Pentium III, I used to build maps in Worldcraft (ye old Hammer), create waypoints, and duke it out with bots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,141 Posts
    I used to love the christmas maps on 1.6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    538 Posts
    I miss 1.6, too bad most servers are just 24/7 dust2, DM or filled with bots :smith:

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,668 Posts
    classic example, gameplay over graphics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,246 Posts
    Half-Life franchise <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,383 Posts

For obvious reasons there is no discussion possible about if CS is a good game. I mean it is 8 or 7 years old now? It has more players then MW2 and Counter Strike Source.
    There are so many people playing Civ 5 yet I can never find anyone to play with online :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2010
    1,340 Posts
    cs_estate and cs_747 best maps ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,217 Posts
    SURF MAPS! I enjoy the classic CS gameplay but surf and those puzzle maps are a lot of fun to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,751 Posts
    CS was my first real competitive FPS and holds a place in my heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,532 Posts
    de_dust best map of any game ever forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree x 17Disagree x 16Funny x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts

12 years old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    447 Posts
    It's the best twitch-shooter out there, but I get so much more satisfaction out of games that emphasize teamplay (probably because I'm better at supporting teammates than at twitch-shooting).

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,668 Posts
    de_dust best map of any game ever forever
    Although i agree, i believe the css dust 2 is superior to dust 1

20. Post #20
    April 2010
    2,446 Posts
    I loved the KZ. Shit was fucking IMPOSSIBLE. But it felt oh so satisfying when you pulled it of.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,915 Posts
    If you wanna be happy
    For the rest of your life,
    Never make a pretty woman your wife,
    So from my personal point of view,
    Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Ah... good game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,947 Posts
    I never liked de_dust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Why is de_dust good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,704 Posts
    It is the pinnacle of good map design.

Plus to all those who make excuses that they get headshotted first everyround, I have one thing to say. CS is a game of patience and getting the drop on the other team (with a hefty helping of luck and spraying too however). Most people who use that excuse rush the other teams spawn without thinking.

I love CS.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts
    If you wanna be happy
    For the rest of your life,
    Never make a pretty woman your wife,
    So from my personal point of view,
    Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Ah... good game.
    Where was this?
    Was it the song on CS Italy?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,113 Posts
    Cs is undoubetedly good, it's just a case of the community severely lowering it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

27. Post #27
    I feel like I missed out with this. I guess I can never get into it because everyone already playing is too good.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    I hate CS. I used to be fairly good at it, but I stopped playing for a few months. I came back and I've gotten very rusty at it and get headshotted at the beginning of every round. There are way too many hackers on CS for me to play it anymore, anyway. It was good back in the day but for me, it's obsolete now.
    so it's obsolete because you aren't good at it now? what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

29. Post #29

July 2010
    535 Posts
    Where was this?
    Was it the song on CS Italy?
    http://www.pwned.nl/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2008
    1,135 Posts
    de_train or de_nuke are among my favorite multiplayer maps ever--I also love their source counterparts. I started playing 1.6 when I was 10, ended up going (lol, I know) semi-pro in cs:source by playing in esea-m and cevo-m. I was the biggest fucking nerd ever, but I had a passion for counter strike that I couldn't really explain

31. Post #31
    March 2010
    1,727 Posts
    Anyone remember good old cs_mansion? Back in Dubai when It was the best shit everyone would play at game cafes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,371 Posts
    Counter strike will always be fun as long as it has zombie mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    476 Posts
    Nostalgia so F'n hard, and that was just by taking a glimpse of all the images in the article alone.
    It's interesting looking at and comparing other people's experiences to my own, especially when it comes to the 1.0-1.6 era of Counter-Strike.

So many hours spent playing this wonderful game, I really do miss it all.

fy_iceworld will always have a small, fast-paced, place in my gaming heart.
    Grab the para machine gun and storm the left and just wait for all the quake sound effects.
    I actually remember now, that was back when I made my alias too.
    Being that young, I obviously murdered the spelling of my name, still keep it though haha

de_rats, level was always so intense and it always made me look at my kitchen in different perspectives lol
    And that fucking sponge, I swear.

I'm going to have to write my own article now,
    thank you Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2008
    1,135 Posts
    It's the best twitch-shooter out there, but I get so much more satisfaction out of games that emphasize teamplay (probably because I'm better at supporting teammates than at twitch-shooting).
    cs has some of the most team oriented gameplay out there when you play 5v5 competitively

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts

36. Post #36
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    cs has some of the most team oriented gameplay out there when you play 5v5 competitively
    no it doesn't, CS is one of the most singular-skill oriented games out there

sure teamwork is part of the game but you can have the best aim in the world and carry anyone to victory

yes I play competitively
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    no it doesn't, CS is one of the most singular-skill oriented games out there

sure teamwork is part of the game but you can have the best aim in the world and carry anyone to victory

yes I play competitively
    I doubt you do, because if opposite team plays as team, no matter how good your aim is, you won't win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    anyone remember the first beta's of CS? those were so swag

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,783 Posts
    Everyone hated all my favorite maps :(

40. Post #40
    February 2011
    368 Posts
    Me and my brother used to play each other on a LAN server, like a mini LAN party. Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)