1. Post #561
    March 2010
    322 Posts

Anyone else of the "old" devs need access to the new dev svn?
    I think I am on old svn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    ok I've written a pretty transporter, but I'm having trouble with targetting: how do I tell it to locate the single closest ent to a given vector position?
    Wait, wasn't there an official SBEP transporter that was under construction a while back? I distinctly remember an entity that used the transporter room medbridge model...

(Also, isn't Medbridge pronounced "Meed-bridge", if it's "MediumBridge"?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,680 Posts
    I haven't played in almost two years.
    What's changed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

4. Post #564
    March 2010
    322 Posts
    I haven't played in almost two years.
    What's changed?

But in all seriousness, as far as I'm aware all that's happened with GMod is Garry breaking things, people fixing them, and a couple models got released every few months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #565
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,633 Posts
    For not to mention, most of the dev team being gone doing something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

6. Post #566
    July 2008
    255 Posts
    Doubt its Meed-bridge, even though it comes from medium. Same way you incorrectly stress medevac as medi-vac rather than med-evac from Medical Evacuation. Flows better as medbridge than meedbridge which sounds like a very drunk town in england. Besides, I doubt we are going to get anything bigger. Medbridge is already huge.

As for what has gone on, fuck all is a good description. The devs have all been away with IRL stuff, and gmod is sitting (and has been for a while) on the cusp of a massive overhaul that is Gmod-13. That will break everything so a lot of devs have postponed releases of content until its out of beta. After all, they dont want to create a community like minecraft now has, whereby something gets released, then it breaks because, even though MC is officially out, thats just a milestone and its STILL IN BETA PEOPLE. Sorry
    /rant

7. Post #567
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Sure, send me a pm if you still have problems;)

Ill though atm, so might take some time for a reply.

Edited:

Anyone else of the "old" devs need access to the new dev svn?
    Yeah, I just deleted something on accident. -_-' It's fixed now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #568
    August 2010
    103 Posts
    I've uploaded some of the bits I've worked on to the SVN, so those can be checked out. I've also made another video showing the 3 designs I've had for the Double Hatch hull doors. Other tasks I have in mind for myself include getting the skin switcher for SmB to work with the SmB parts I've made, and creating an adapter for the ODST Drop Pod's pod bay so it can be better integrated to ships.

Unfortunately, door options 1 and 2 won't work like I would like them to, due to the current door code turning off the door's collision and that there doesn't seem to be a way to animate collision models. They will then be likely modified into full retracting versions of themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

9. Post #569
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Crazy question, the old SVN and new SVN for Gas Systems 2 seem quite different, has it been integrated into SB3 too or is there an extra folder from LS2 needed for Gs2 now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #570
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    creating an adapter for the ODST Drop Pod's pod bay so it can be better integrated to ships.
    Have you looked at the V2 ent pods thelaughingchee did on garrysmod.org? They've got functional huds, automated landing procedures with manual control as an option, and explosives to remove the door. They're damn cool, they just don't came seperate from the launcher like the v1 pod does. The current drop pods are boring as hell and de-res if the travel time from launch to landing is too long. By boring I mean the current pods have no visual effects at all. There's no fire/heat effect on the pod or a smoke/thruster effect on the top. It's like the current pod deployer just sort of poops them out. The only other problem they have is a lack of wire support, for machinima purposes or otherwise. Have a look http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=110332

Edited:

Was anybody still attempting to make slower, big blast doors, with different sounds? No offense meant to the makers of the original doors, but I don't think blast doors/bulk head doors are supposed to sound like they open and close with compressed air. :\ They're supposed to sound beefy- you know, clanking sounds, maybe some metal on metal grinding or something? Just some food for thought, not sure if it's edible.

11. Post #571
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Crazy question, the old SVN and new SVN for Gas Systems 2 seem quite different, has it been integrated into SB3 too or is there an extra folder from LS2 needed for Gs2 now?
    Hasn't been integrated into sb3 yet. But I'll try ask Syncaidius about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events

12. Post #572
    August 2010
    103 Posts
    Have you looked at the V2 ent pods thelaughingchee did on garrysmod.org? They've got functional huds, automated landing procedures with manual control as an option, and explosives to remove the door. They're damn cool, they just don't came seperate from the launcher like the v1 pod does. The current drop pods are boring as hell and de-res if the travel time from launch to landing is too long. By boring I mean the current pods have no visual effects at all. There's no fire/heat effect on the pod or a smoke/thruster effect on the top. It's like the current pod deployer just sort of poops them out. The only other problem they have is a lack of wire support, for machinima purposes or otherwise. Have a look http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=110332
    I know. That's the ODST Drop Pod I was referring to. I've modified an SmB hull piece so as to allow the existing pod bay that mod comes with to be better fitted with a ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Added the old code for the conflict systems addon (back in the CDS days and SB2) made by solthar to the dev svn. Don't think it ever got finished, but some of the code might come in handy maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

14. Post #574
    July 2008
    255 Posts
    I can do big stompy stopmy door sounds, if someone has a door to put them to.

Edited:

Here is a nice little door closing sound I whipped up. For some big doors.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rwhggx45ax7g5r7

15. Post #575
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    I can do big stompy stopmy door sounds, if someone has a door to put them to.

Edited:

Here is a nice little door closing sound I whipped up. For some big doors.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rwhggx45ax7g5r7
    That sounds very nice. It's definately got the beefcake door sound but may need a little more tweaking. I'm not sure why, but I hear that and my brain thinks "old castle drawbridge". I'm not sure what you'd need to do to it, if it needs changing at all. Anybody else have any constructive criticism to add?

16. Post #576
    July 2008
    255 Posts
    I was wondering if i should add a low electric hum. I guess thats a yes then :P

17. Post #577
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    I was wondering if i should add a low electric hum. I guess thats a yes then :P
    That could work.

18. Post #578
    July 2008
    255 Posts
    If I add much more to it, I wont be able to trim it to fit an animation. Its time someone either produced a door for me to soundboard to, or someone stepped up and said they will animate a door to fit the length of the sound.

19. Post #579
    August 2010
    103 Posts
    Well we might need to hear the current version of the sound clip, if it's at all changed from before, and let our imaginations run with it. Though with the one you shared, my thoughts turned to a many-shutter based door. Also, I had another SmB hull piece idea. I'm really going to need to make a list though of my ideas and which ones I've started/finished on though, before I really start adding more. The new idea though, was adapter panels, compatable with the small elevator tube, just using it sideways as a smaller hall.

Other news, my ODST Pod Bay adapter's hit a snag. I've got it ingame, and collisions working, but the pod bay itself has unusual collisions, so it won't just slide into the hull piece. Would either have to no-collide it into place or just repurpose the elevator hull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #580
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Well we might need to hear the current version of the sound clip, if it's at all changed from before, and let our imaginations run with it. Though with the one you shared, my thoughts turned to a many-shutter based door. Also, I had another SmB hull piece idea. I'm really going to need to make a list though of my ideas and which ones I've started/finished on though, before I really start adding more. The new idea though, was adapter panels, compatable with the small elevator tube, just using it sideways as a smaller hall.

Other news, my ODST Pod Bay adapter's hit a snag. I've got it ingame, and collisions working, but the pod bay itself has unusual collisions, so it won't just slide into the hull piece. Would either have to no-collide it into place or just repurpose the elevator hull.
    If all else fails, Battlefield 2142 uses a more streamlined pod model and thelaughingchee has us covered there too.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=86818
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJboMAArTOg
    I think the only thing you'd really need to do would involve making a med/small/modbridge equalivent of the pod bay, then porting the code. Or something like that, I have no idea what it takes to make nifty stuff for gmod.

Hmm, another game that has some good ideas/effects is section 8. I'm not sure if anyone else played it but there's a nice effect for getting a player from the dropship to the planet surface, that could hopefully be applied to the pods after they launch. The effect is about twenty seconds into the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_t_HfLSBs

Edited:

More good section 8 footage here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQ00rtmX5k
    Not sure if any of this is helpful or even usable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #581
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    hi there hum i did some models but slyfo seem to not have acces to the svn stuff so who do i need to pm ?
    i talk about a minor update on a model that is allready in sbep and 2 small stuff for the smallbridge

a mini height transfert with a working lader:

and a compartment model:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    Hmm, another game that has some good ideas/effects is section 8. I'm not sure if anyone else played it but there's a nice effect for getting a player from the dropship to the planet surface, that could hopefully be applied to the pods after they launch. The effect is about twenty seconds into the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_t_HfLSBs

Edited:

More good section 8 footage here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQ00rtmX5k
    Not sure if any of this is helpful or even usable.
    Love Section 8, or at least I did for the week it took me to beat the campain and destroy multiplayer.

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I've been waiting for something like this for a while. NICE!

24. Post #584
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    I've been waiting for something like this for a while. NICE!
    it s cool to make exterior part but the main problem still that most of ship i see on spacebuild are giant and ... empty that's why i like to make small ship but full of stuff like this one:

and that's why i'll probably make more models like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #585
    January 2008
    14 Posts
    i loved playing this about 2 years ago before everything broke, is everything relatively fixed yet? also, apparently gcombat is required for spacebuild 3, but gcombat is out of date as far as i can tell... which version is required?

ps. just installed SVNs of spacebuild, phx, wiremod ect to a fresh gmod install... phx works fine but none of the spacebuild models show in the props menu, not even their categories. i followed all the instructions, what have i done wrong?

26. Post #586
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    i loved playing this about 2 years ago before everything broke, is everything relatively fixed yet? also, apparently gcombat is required for spacebuild 3, but gcombat is out of date as far as i can tell... which version is required?

ps. just installed SVNs of spacebuild, phx, wiremod ect to a fresh gmod install... phx works fine but none of the spacebuild models show in the props menu, not even their categories. i followed all the instructions, what have i done wrong?
    PewPew is the new GCombat.
    Svn link: http://divranspack.googlecode.com/sv...nspack/PewPew/
    Also, here's the whole pack, full of SVN goodness: http://divranspack.googlecode.com/sv...20divranspack/

PHX was folded into vanilla Gmod.
    I don't know what instructions you followed, but when you check out the new Spacebuild SVN, the are several folders that have to be moved to Addons.

Edit:
    With the newest version of Tortoise SVN, you can't check out a folder, then move subfolders, and be able to update them. You have to checkout those subfolders by themselves.
    That's what I've done with Wire and Spacebuild
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    January 2008
    14 Posts
    PewPew is the new GCombat.
    Svn link: http://divranspack.googlecode.com/sv...nspack/PewPew/
    Also, here's the whole pack, full of SVN goodness: http://divranspack.googlecode.com/sv...20divranspack/

PHX was folded into vanilla Gmod.
    I don't know what instructions you followed, but when you check out the new Spacebuild SVN, the are several folders that have to be moved to Addons.

Edit:
    With the newest version of Tortoise SVN, you can't check out a folder, then move subfolders, and be able to update them. You have to checkout those subfolders by themselves.
    That's what I've done with Wire and Spacebuild
    i noticed that after downloading PHX. oops.

link to instructions? i followed instructions on the SBEP wiki.

edit: got it working WOW this has come a long way. tools that line it all up and weld it for you based on points on the models?? automated doors and hatches?

edit: the gyro should determine turn speed and acceleration by the mass of the objects it's attached to.

28. Post #588
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    apparently gcombat is required for spacebuild 3, but gcombat is out of date as far as i can tell... which version is required?
    well
    don't even try to use the weapon of sbep most of them make crash
    in fact most of lua stuff in sbep are not working well or crash servers
    the only things that work well or partially well are: docking clamp(sometime make crash), skin switcher,doors stuff (when they work after duplication), gyropod(cpu resource burner and sometime transforme your ship in a nice contemporary sculpture), vehicles exit point, part assembler, ...and i don't remember anything else

sry guys don't slap me but it's true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #589
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    Like Apostrophe said, you really just need to get pewpew for the weapons, unless these crashes are due to conflicts with another addon.

Does anybody know waht all the inputs for the 4x rocket pods do? They seem to be for wire guidance, but I can't seem to get them to work-the missiles fly for a few feet then arc down.

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    the missiles fly for a few feet then arc down.
    Sounds like they have incorrect targeting data. I haven't played GMod for a while but what coordinates did you give to the launcher?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

31. Post #591
    March 2006
    16 Posts
    Hi love this mod but there are a couple of things id like to see

The weapons are somewhat unbalanced is there a way to make them require energy even if just as an option it would mean a fighter can load up with flack annihilate everything.

Is there a way I could go about helping with this mod I've been meaning to learn to model for source for a long time is there any good place to jump in? Im familiar with mapping but haven't managed a model yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #592
    March 2010
    322 Posts
    Hi love this mod but there are a couple of things id like to see

The weapons are somewhat unbalanced is there a way to make them require energy even if just as an option it would mean a fighter can load up with flack annihilate everything.

Is there a way I could go about helping with this mod I've been meaning to learn to model for source for a long time is there any good place to jump in? Im familiar with mapping but haven't managed a model yet.
    I agree entirely about the energy requirements. I'll start writing energy req into my sENTs, as soon as I've finished this craptonne of work I've got on my desk :|

I would highly recommend poking Destroyer or Slyfo if you want modelling help.

33. Post #593
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    If you add energy requirements try to add support for both RD2 and RD3.

Preferably using some helper functions or so build into SBEP (autorun or something), so it can easily be reused later on in the other weaponry. Using these helper functions can also provide a "backup" if no RD is installed, since they can then return some sort of default value...

I can help if you want me to...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    it s cool to make exterior part but the main problem still that most of ship i see on spacebuild are giant and ... empty that's why i like to make small ship but full of stuff like this one:

and that's why i'll probably make more models like this
    I love doing this, except that I also don't like adding things into my ship that have no use; this is mostly for purposes of lagcombat, but at the same time, I spend most of my time building a ship specifically for both terraforming and combat, and I never figured out why I'd need a vending machine in it unless I was RPing. Which would be cool if I could find anyone who wouldn't mind casual RP...

35. Post #595
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    Sounds like they have incorrect targeting data. I haven't played GMod for a while but what coordinates did you give to the launcher?
    this occurs whenever I don't give them targeting data-for instance in a veirling mount-rather than acting like dumb rockets, the choose down as their target.
    Also, I am unsure how to wire up targeting.

36. Post #596

September 2010
    54 Posts
    Energy would make a lot of sense for the energy weapons, impulse cannon / railgun etc, but for the ballistical ones I'd suggest some ammo 'clip' that you have to load otherwise.
    For the beginning maybe with some bulky ent that converts energy to ammo (later maybe other resources)
    I remember something like that in an X3R addon, there was a missle capital ship that was able to craft it's missles itself :o
    never had it though, I prefer energy weapons for the simple reason of not needing physical ammo :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    January 2008
    14 Posts
    everything worked fine until i joined a couple servers... now lua errors everywhere.

38. Post #598
    August 2010
    103 Posts
    I think some of the errors potatoes is experiencing is due to the current version of SB3 being not quite compatable with the CAP/Stargate stuff. At least, I had a whole bunch of errors show up whenever there was a Stargate and it couldn't handle the change to the resource system.

Other news, I'm ready to upload more stuff to the SVN; most importantly, the Double Hatch doors. Also, I whipped up a new SmB Square Door, cause there're only 2 currently for that frame, and they're both the same, just with a different texture.
    I plan on making a similar version for the 1w2h door, because there's only one choice of door animation for that frame.

(And before anyone asks, I don't know why the video preview's screwed up, but it plays fine. I also am not sure on why the embed is so big.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #599

September 2010
    54 Posts
    (And before anyone asks, I don't know why the video preview's screwed up, but it plays fine. I also am not sure on why the embed is so big.)
    oh the previews are messed up for most if not all screen capped videos, some fail on google's end I guess cause it wasn't there before. Now (actually since a few months already) most look like a photo taken from a tv or other kind of monitor : /

oh and the animation is nice :3 also not slow like some which can be annoying when you wanna get through fast, maybe there could be added a wireinput for that? no idea if that's even ingame adjustable...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

40. Post #600

July 2009
    420 Posts
    anyone know if there's a cloaking device in this mod or another that will also cloak anything inside the ship it's used on? kinda tired of cloaking my ship then realizing either from a camera or a friend that everyone can see the player models of me and my crew sitting on sweet fuck all while traveling through space...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)