1. Post #641
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    You or someone else (ie me) could ask Hysteria to alter the OP instead, I'm not too fussed.
    If you want sure. He's offline atm on my friends list, so can't ask him anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

2. Post #642
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    cockpit now uploaded on the dev svn
    it should be on the main svn soon but i dont know how often the svn sync with the dev one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

3. Post #643
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    cockpit now uploaded on the dev svn
    it should be on the main svn soon but i dont know how often the svn sync with the dev one
    Every sunday around 9pm GMT+2 (or GMT+1 depending on summer/winter time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events

4. Post #644
    I love Lemon Punch

July 2010
    152 Posts
    Does the Advanced Gryopod work now?
    Someone told me a while ago that it didn't and I haven't that it has been fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #645
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    of course it work
    just be carfull if you have moving part like turret or stuff like that sometime the gyropod is fucking everything

6. Post #646

September 2010
    54 Posts
    of course it work
    just be carfull if you have moving part like turret or stuff like that sometime the gyropod is fucking everything
    yup, I made a miner with a nice torque turret once, started flying it with the gpod, everything fucked up o_o
    no idea about the sbep snap turrets though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

7. Post #647
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    is you turret is spining everywhere when you turn?

8. Post #648

September 2010
    54 Posts
    is you turret is spining everywhere when you turn?
    it spinned everywhere from just moving forward, no idea anymore if it was off or aiming front

9. Post #649
    February 2009
    103 Posts

Space Cannons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Space Cannons.
    Hell yeah! Navalcannony death for everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

11. Post #651
    April 2008
    781 Posts

Space Cannons.
    I love naval turrets! Hope we can have at least 3 of these spawned at a time if/when they get coded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #652
    I love Lemon Punch

July 2010
    152 Posts
    I could try to code them.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Did some more work on my site. And you should be able to report bugs from now on on it.

The page with all the projects can be found here: http://www.snakesvx.net/projects.
    You have to be logged in though before you are able to report any issues.

If you open a project, you can also view the reported issue/task by clicking on the "reported issues" tab.

The bugtracker feature is still a work in progress, so if there are any problems (suggestions) with it, please let me know.

14. Post #654
    February 2009
    103 Posts

Probably going to retexture it, if people want it that is. And the wierd textures on the nose and by the back are just because of the rendering in max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

Probably going to retexture it, if people want it that is. And the wierd textures on the nose and by the back are just because of the rendering in max.
    That is beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #656
    September 2008
    397 Posts

Funnily, I looked at that model in-game today and thought to myself "Why don't we have this in gmod?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

17. Post #657
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    Funnily, I looked at that model in-game today and thought to myself "Why don't we have this in gmod?"
    I finished the ME3 demo and played some ME2 and thought that it might be nice to have in gmod.

changed the textures and i think it looks better now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #658
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Rate Agree if you want it to be synced to the old svn
    Disagree it you don't.
    Votes are 7 to 1. I'll be modifying the script in a bit so it gets put on the old svn to.

19. Post #659

September 2010
    54 Posts
    I finished the ME3 demo and played some ME2 and thought that it might be nice to have in gmod.

if this could be made into an ent ship it would be awesome :o especially if the legs(?) could be used as landing gear, atleast to me they look like they could fold down for that purpose (never played any ME yet...)

20. Post #660
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts

The engines should have pose parameters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Maybe even make it a ragdoll?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    People who are using the old svn should see the updates coming in weekly to now :)

I'm also setting up an FAQ http://www.snakesvx.net/faq/sbep
    and a wiki http://www.snakesvx.net/wiki

If anyone is interested, feel free to fill in some more stuff on the wiki (it uses php markdown extra + wiki link syntax [[link|title]] and [[link]].
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    What's happened with the various SVNs? There was some discussion over the old/new SVN, a merger of SBEP and Spacebuild...or something...I've gone back and read the past few pages, but it still makes no sense to me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    What's happened with the various SVNs? There was some discussion over the old/new SVN, a merger of SBEP and Spacebuild...or something...I've gone back and read the past few pages, but it still makes no sense to me...
    This is the new svn:
    http://spacebuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

It contains the various versions of sb + some addons for it.
    The sb3/spacebuild addon actually contains CAF, SB, LS and RD now (which can be enabled/disabled) from the caf menu.

sb3/spacebuild_content contains the same files but without the lua files (usefull for clients for use on servers).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #665
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #666
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Bit of a problem, the tiny turrets, those small green things, when I try to weld a thruster to them (to make them fly), it welds it to the base of the turret instead of the actual rotating head. This causes problems when I try to make the turret fly upwards but the thrusters keep pointing forwards.

I can elaborate if needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #667

September 2010
    54 Posts
    Bit of a problem, the tiny turrets, those small green things, when I try to weld a thruster to them (to make them fly), it welds it to the base of the turret instead of the actual rotating head. This causes problems when I try to make the turret fly upwards but the thrusters keep pointing forwards.

I can elaborate if needed.
    I don't know what you're trying to do to but you might wanna try a vector thruster instead.
    Or a blister turret (the small round blueish plate) with a rocket pod to which you weld your thruster.

Edit but yeah, some parts do have some collision model problems, no idea if it's the sideeffect of optimizing them for parenting with ships or if something just messed up, can't say I care much about it though, aside the rotary turret, that big thing has a puny collision model which's just weird and seems to make attaching harder for me.

But they are fun as hell with 8 10x missle pods XD a nice missle gatling (but it can cripple some servers... tested that fine in sp, then did it the same on a server, server nearly died from the lag it created o)

28. Post #668
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I don't know what you're trying to do to but you might wanna try a vector thruster instead.
    Or a blister turret (the small round blueish plate) with a rocket pod to which you weld your thruster.
    The one on the left is the one that works correctly, the one on the right is the one I want to work, but doesn't.

This is what happens when I have them look at something. The one on the left has the thrusters welded to the right thing, the same cannot be said for the one on the right.

I done it before with the one on the left, as I weld the rotating turret to a seat and look somewhere, the thrusters will always be pushing towards where I look. I want that with the smaller turrets.

29. Post #669
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    most of the smaller turrets do not have that capability, either due to simply not having the piece you want to vector thruster, or only having a graphics model of it, not a physmodel.
    In this case, it does not have the physics model, and, as a direct result of the implemented programming, neither accepts non-hardpoint welds nor dupes correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Why would you put thrusters on the back of a turret?

31. Post #671
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Why would you put thrusters on the back of a turret?
    When you look at the direction you want to go, you press the button the thruster is attached to, and you fly towards that area.

Great for quickly made flying machines.

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I suppose, if you were looking for something quick. If not, Gyropod + AdvPodController works just as well, including the looking part...although that takes a bit of screwing around with if you don't use the default mouselook.

33. Post #673
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I suppose, if you were looking for something quick. If not, Gyropod + AdvPodController works just as well, including the looking part...although that takes a bit of screwing around with if you don't use the default mouselook.
    For me, it also looks cooler when the thrusters point the direction you want to go with the turrets.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Whoa. That looks pretty awesome, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #675
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Hmm. Something broke. Not sure how, but none of the planets on any of my spacebuild maps have an environment anymore. I have 30 seconds to live before I start to die from lack of air and none of the "habitable" planets have gravity.

Is anybode else having this issue? I'm not sure if it happens in multiplayer or not.

36. Post #676
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Hmm. Something broke. Not sure how, but none of the planets on any of my spacebuild maps have an environment anymore. I have 30 seconds to live before I start to die from lack of air and none of the "habitable" planets have gravity.

Is anybode else having this issue? I'm not sure if it happens in multiplayer or not.
    Any errors in console?

And on a side note, I just did some major refactoring in some of the code. Because of this I disabled the sync this week, so I can test the entire week for possible errors. (Although it was mostly just a find and replace).

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts

Last time I had this issue, it was due to TB's Duplicator failing.

38. Post #678

September 2010
    54 Posts
    just thought about something: would it be a good idea to include Super Multi Parent into SB? I mean does anyone build ships without it? o
    I for sure don't anymore since I compared a welded one with a parented one on the net graph...
    could have run 5 parented ones and may still have been below the single welded one XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Any errors in console?

And on a side note, I just did some major refactoring in some of the code. Because of this I disabled the sync this week, so I can test the entire week for possible errors. (Although it was mostly just a find and replace).
    Addon: Spacebuild got enabled
    Couldn't dispatch user message (19)
    CAF: Client has Internet. Enabled Online-Help
    Redownloading all lightmaps
    Server cvar 'sv_tags' changed to CAF,LSC,LSE,RD,SB,gravhull,uwsvnexported315
    Addon: Life Support Entities got enabled
    INIParser:new - File stargate/gatespawner_maps/sb_omen_v2.ini does not exist!
    Addon: Spacebuild Enhancement Pack got enabled
    Addon: Life Support got enabled
    Addon: PetrolSystem Entities got enabled
    Addon: Resource Distribution got enabled
    HonorGuard Ra was killed by worldspawn
    Warning: killicon not found 'worldspawn'

Does that help? *crosses fingers*

40. Post #680
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    just thought about something: would it be a good idea to include Super Multi Parent into SB? I mean does anyone build ships without it? o
    I for sure don't anymore since I compared a welded one with a parented one on the net graph...
    could have run 5 parented ones and may still have been below the single welded one XD
    The net graph doesn't mean much. All the netgraph does is tell you the amount of data being networked, its not a very good indicator of overall performance.