1. Post #201
    July 2010
    1,691 Posts
    page 6 is broken!

Ontopic: Attempting to build a submarine using ghd and this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    page 6 is broken!
    It isn't, I am on it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #203
    July 2011
    1 Posts
    Hi,

I recently set up a gmod server once more, trying out all those nice features of SBEP i stumbled over some bugs and questions.
    Actually i started looking at the code myself...
    and i wanted to ask if there is a place or possibility to commit changes to, if someone solved the one or other issue.
    Or whom to talk to if someone would like to contribute to SBEP at all.

Regards,
    MS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,631 Posts
    how do i actually get this working?
    i used the svn downloader thing and i get all the spawn menus up but half the models are errors and the other half dont spawn when i click on them. have i missed something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Did you have life support 2 or higher, Pewpew or GCombat and wiremod?

6. Post #206
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    that would seem more to be a a completely corrupt download. try a better internet connection or a new hardrive. note that connection includes internet card and cable. and plug. and cable in the wall. and everything else you can think of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    that would seem more to be a a completely corrupt download. try a better internet connection or a new hardrive. note that connection includes internet card and cable. and plug. and cable in the wall. and everything else you can think of.
    That seems a little harsh; I don't think hardly any case requires replacing all of that stuff. Just redownload it.

There are two other cases I can think of where stuff gets screwed up like that.

1. You have DirectX 8something mode enabled. Disable it, try again.
    2. You're a pirate.

8. Post #208
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    2. You're a pirate.
    Why does that wording make me think a medieval pirate?

9. Post #209
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    Medieval pirate? Weren't most ocean-going pirates around after the middle ages? They had guns and cannons after all.

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Medieval pirate? Weren't most ocean-going pirates around after the middle ages? They had guns and cannons after all.
    16th-19th century, so yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

11. Post #211
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    you know what I meant

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    April 2010
    27 Posts

But I don't wanna be a pirate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Can we discuss the mod instead of the word pirate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts
    It's quite interesting to see how easily a thread can wander off into the land of the off-topic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    To be honest, this thread have so little pages that I could go through the pages, count the posts with different topics and set up a statistic diagram about how much of the thread is about what.

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    It's quite interesting to see how easily a thread can wander off into the land of the off-topic.
    Even though we once got a moderator warning about it. Specifically, Jaanus (where'd he go, anyway?) closed a previous thread for discussing potential countermeasures against a zombie apocalypse through several pages. He also gave us a warning that not complying with his not-request will result in him closing any and all future threads about this pack; the next time there was large-scale off-topicness brewing, he posted something along the lines of "One more off-topic post and you can kiss your thread goodbye". Just that one post and large-scale shut-upness ensued from everyone on the thread. That's MOD POWA for you.

Does anyone even play around with this pack anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    To be honest, this thread have so little pages that I could go through the pages, count the posts with different topics and set up a statistic diagram about how much of the thread is about what.
    You should see the previous eight threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    About? I've been here since the pack gained its current name pretty much permanently. In fact, SBEP was why I even bought GMod in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    About? I've been here since the pack gained its current name pretty much permanently. In fact, SBEP was why I even bought GMod in the first place.
    About derailing. If you don't remember, I've been here since the beginning :P

Or, actually, not really since the beginning, but a couple of months before the engine switch that killed Spacebuild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts
    SBEP and the Stargate pack was actually the reason I bought Gmod. Though, it was a little different back then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    574 Posts
    Does anyone even play around with this pack anymore?
    I know I certainly use it in Gmod all the time. Its one of the first things I go to when I'm looking to build a vehicle of any kind, or a base (SBEP doors = great toggleable blast walls). I certainly use SBEP more than I do PHX.

It's kind of a shame that more content hasn't been added to the pack recently though, with all the developers off doing whatever it is they do. There is certainly lots of stuff left that would be great to have added (entities and weapons coded, models added, a new kind of life support that actually doesn't suck, ect.) but no one with the skills seems to be around or have time to do any of it. =/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Yeah, that's too bad. The worst part is that it may be a sign that the development for this pack is dieing.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    It's kind of a shame that more content hasn't been added to the pack recently though, with all the developers off doing whatever it is they do. There is certainly lots of stuff left that would be great to have added (entities and weapons coded, models added, a new kind of life support that actually doesn't suck, ect.) but no one with the skills seems to be around or have time to do any of it. =/
    Or maybe they just lack the motivation and/or inspiration. Happens to me when I'm writing my fanfic and is overdue with the next chapter.

By the way, what the heck is that in your avatar? A VF-19?

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I've been here since....well, I've been using it since 2007, but I know it's been around longer than that. I remember it being a huge pain in the butt to find all the different packs and parts...there was no "Spacebuild" website, just random SVN links all over. I didn't even know that there was a thread for SBMP until 2009...and I've been posting in it ever since.

There really should be an official site for "ALL THINGS GMOD AND SPAAAAAAACE", but there's too much stuff and too many different developers for it all to be together...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    I didn't know about the website/wiki before now.

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    574 Posts
    By the way, what the heck is that in your avatar? A VF-19?
    ADF-01 "Falken"

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Interesting point here: "falken" is Swedish for "the falcon". It also fits perfectly with the naming theme Swedish jet fighters have been using for something like 50 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Still, it's freakin' awesome. Looks like a more futuristic, more exotic version of a VF-19: dual-engine, forward-swept wings, canard...

Unrelated: just heard there's gonna be a new CS. Wonder if it'll be included in GMod or will its Source version be too exotic, like Portal's?

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Portal models will be added to Gmod IIRC. Also, I knew about the new CS, I wonder how the development is going. Last time I checked was half a year ago I think, back in the time I was at BM's forums.

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Portal models will be added to Gmod IIRC. Also, I knew about the new CS, I wonder how the development is going. Last time I checked was half a year ago I think, back in the time I was at BM's forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Oh, I thought you meant this.

Also, can we please stop getting off-topic. How hard is it to discuss a giant unofficial spacebuild pack?

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    And discuss... what, exactly?

35. Post #235
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Not much too discuss. Pack's dead for the most part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    I have a few textureless SMD's, is anyone here capable of and willing to texture them and put them in Gmod?

Edit: and where can I post them for download?

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,766 Posts
    Just use gamefront, nice to hear someone still want to work on this pack.

38. Post #238
    April 2010
    27 Posts
    New props are awesome and all, but this pack need something BIG. Something big enough to draw the attention of all the old SBEP fans back to spacebuild, and popular enough to get noticed by all the new players just joining the Garry's mod community. Remember the popularity when the Assembly-Tool was released? Think even bigger and more revolutionary than that! But what? What could possibly be the one single thing to change spacebuild as we know it? Ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Do this in GMod.

40. Post #240
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20679445/Mac+Mount.zip
    I was making a mount for the small MAC. I verified that it's the proper size, but have not been able to import it into gmod or texture it. Or script it, for that matter.