1. Post #601
    June 2008
    195 Posts
    I dare you to post that LMAO pics
    That cat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,259 Posts
    That reptile

3. Post #603
    February 2011
    2,352 Posts
    birds are the source of all evil
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #604
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,762 Posts
    thinking of getting a beardy, how much is the terrarium and feeding them

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    Not too bad, you can feed them either crickets or meal worms, but when they're older it's better to feed them crickets. The sand for the terrarium and a heat source shouldn't be expensive at all, and a small ten-gallon tank would work. All in all, you're looking at around $100.

6. Post #606
    June 2008
    195 Posts
    Feeding them is actually really cheap, I can get around 50 crickets or something for 4-6 dollars, you could probably find some deals or even used lights for fairly cheap, mine was probably $80 for 3 lights 1 uvb and my terrarium I bought used for $120 but it's a big 90 gallon one which isn't nessecary.

7. Post #607
    February 2011
    2,352 Posts
    FACT: birds hate all mammals

evidence:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #608
    June 2008
    195 Posts
    Just picked up a Rose hair tarantula today, bastard already bit me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #609
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,523 Posts
    FACT: birds hate all mammals

evidence:

its true

I've been attacked by at least 6 different species of birds in my lifetime

birds are dicks

except ducks they're p chill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #610
    A self proclaimed lyrically philosophical physicist
    October 2008
    1,436 Posts
    Favorite dog ever, name is Razz. She is a Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie mix). 2 years old and full grown. I had taken care of her for awhile for my cousins and then again for the christmas weekend. Best lap dog I've ever seen.

Crested geckos! I've got two females named before I knew what sex they were. The darker of the two is Hein and the other is Stein. I prefer their more... feminine names; Helga and Stella.
    Helga is missing her tail and I suspect that in the night Stella bit it and it fell off, I never found it so I assume one of them ate it. They are both one year old last November.

Also here is an animal I eventually want to own.

The Fennec Fox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    Fennec foxes are adorable, and I'm decently sure they have cute embedded into their DNA, but I can never look at them the same way again because I had a friend that's fursona was one, apparently

vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    I've got 2 beardies, a snow corn snake, 2 other corn snakes, a dog, 2 cats and a little family of turtles.

13. Post #613
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    I found a blue tongued skink while gardening. It's quite small, but i decided to keep him\her. He\she lives in a large wooden container with a plexiglass lid. I screwed a lamp onto the side for light and put some rock shelters in and a pool of water, along with some slaters, slugs, and snails for company\food.
    How can you tell if they're male or female?

14. Post #614
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    8,158 Posts
    I once had two of these:

It's not really exotic, but it's something that I expect not many people to have as pets or really know about.
    I caught them myself at summer camp years ago and took em' home.
    I named one "Nipper" and I have no idea why.
    I named the other one "Gummy" because he would try to bite my finger but he didn't have noticeable teeth. He would bite down and just dangle off the tip of my finger wiggling his little legs around while Nipper just starred at him like "what the fuck are you doing?"
    Eventually I had to release them back around where I found them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

15. Post #615
    April 2011
    877 Posts
    I got mine for around 50 while he was a baby. His cage cost around 75 and food costs me around 3 a week so not that expensive. Oh wait. UV lights are like 10 and a bulb was 2.50 so he was 140.50. Beardies are the best for new exotic pet keepers. I have one. Hes called Karl :D

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Emus count as exotic pets right?

Talk about a hard wait though, they'll hatch in 50 days and I have no idea if they'll successfully hatch or even develop. This is day one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

17. Post #617
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,312 Posts
    I wanna see more tegu pics

18. Post #618
    Hello Handsome
    Dennab
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    Emus count as exotic pets right?

Talk about a hard wait though, they'll hatch in 50 days and I have no idea if they'll successfully hatch or even develop. This is day one.
    jesus christ you have emus?

may the lord have mercy on your poor soul.

Edited:

I wanna see more tegu pics
    here's mine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    jesus christ you have emus?

may the lord have mercy on your poor soul.
    I will if they hatch, long road ahead for that.
    Gotta turn them by hand every 3 hours until February 28th. By then they'll be developed enough that they'll start sitting upright in their eggs and then break through the inner membrane sometime around March 8th, after that it'll be up to 36-48 hours before they actually break out.

I also have to weigh them every week to make sure they're loosing enough water and adjust the humidity if they aren't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    Hello Handsome
    Dennab
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    I will if they hatch, long road ahead for that.
    Gotta turn them by hand every 3 hours until February 28th. By then they'll be developed enough that they'll start sitting upright in their eggs and then break through the inner membrane sometime around March 8th, after that it'll be up to 36-48 hours before they actually break out.

I also have to weigh them every week to make sure they're loosing enough water and adjust the humidity if they aren't
    Sounds really though. Good luck with that, mate. I don't think I have enough patience, let alone time, to do something like that.

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Sounds really though. Good luck with that, mate. I don't think I have enough patience, let alone time, to do something like that.
    Yeah, I'm pretty patient but even I'm finding it hard to find it. I plan on setting a webcam up on day 47 though, by then they should be moving around in the egg and making noise, plus there's always the possibility they'll hatch on day 48 but most seem to hatch within a day of day 50.

Too bad I've finished up most of my major projects though, those 3 hours between turnings are getting pretty long, I'm down to replacing axe handles and general tool repair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    January 2010
    1,696 Posts
    I don't have any exotic pets, but I have recently purchased a purebred Welsh Pembroke Corgi. I've named her Ruby and I get to take her home around February 11th or 12th, I plan on breeding Corgis once Ruby is of age (2 years old).

Some of the latest pics of her.

Edited:

I would love to own an exotic pet like a Tegu one day, but for now I'll stick to dogs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    Yeah, I'm pretty patient but even I'm finding it hard to find it. I plan on setting a webcam up on day 47 though, by then they should be moving around in the egg and making noise, plus there's always the possibility they'll hatch on day 48 but most seem to hatch within a day of day 50.

Too bad I've finished up most of my major projects though, those 3 hours between turnings are getting pretty long, I'm down to replacing axe handles and general tool repair.
    Here, have some extra motivation:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    wug
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    My skink started shedding skin. It wasnt moving so i was quite worried. I tried moving it with a flower stem but it's very stiff and not moving. It's not blinking either. Is it dead? I don't think a slater could kill it. I can't see it's sides because it's at a funny angle so i cant tell if it's breathing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    April 2011
    877 Posts
    Wug just put some gloves on and GENTLY poke its eye. Don't ram your finger in it just gently brush it over 5 times. If it doesn't move or open its eye, Pick it up without gloves and see if its cold. If it is, I'm sorry, your skink is gone

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Or you could spray it with a spray bottle to cause it to blink. Plus if it's still alive you just softened it's shed up for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #627
    January 2010
    3,063 Posts
    i have like 8 wild turkeys that decided my yard was a good place to eat and shit on

turkeys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,763 Posts
    I'm thinking about getting a bearded dragon. I'd also like another animal to give him company.
    Do beardies get lonely easily? should I get 2 at the same time? and is there any animal combinations that fit well with a beardie? say cat + beardie etc.

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Bearded Dragons and pretty much all lizards are solitary animals, they don't need a companion and are just as happy alone. That's not to say they won't get along with other Beardies or other animals but it really depends on the individual's personality and most animals in general have trouble with being introduced to other animals unless they are raised together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    January 2012
    9 Posts
    i think you for got sharks as a exotic pet?

31. Post #631
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,740 Posts

Moved my snake onto medium sized mice this week, wiggled it round about and she constricted it, but began to loosen as i took the photo :(

Went to buy more substrate today and got an urge to buy another snake but im not allowed. :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #632
    wug
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    He was running around scared, i assume it was his enclosure. It was just a box with a glass lid and some dirt, rocks, leaves, and a pool but obviously that's not right so i decided to let him back into my garden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #633
    Call me Rantis
    May 2010
    864 Posts
    What about insects?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #634
    March 2010
    20 Posts
    I have 2 parrots and a bearded dragon. I'm very fond of them. Sorry for the crappy quality, took these on my phone.

Dolly (Jardine's Parrot) sat on the artificial tree in my living room.

Coco (Senegal Parrot) perched on top of the tap in my kitchen.

Another of Coco, for some reason he's obsessed with the stairs in my house. Always climbing up them or sitting on the banister.

And Yoshi my Bearded Dragon sat on my leg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,349 Posts
    You also, apparently, have a fairy. Where can I get one?

36. Post #636
    What about insects?
    NOPENOPENOPE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Toblerone-tjuv
    May 2007
    4,463 Posts
    It's illegal to hold any reptile as a pet in Norway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,990 Posts
    I used to have several hermit crabs, all named after television personalities.
    The first one was named Steve Irwin. He lived like 4 years; I'm fairly certain he outlived the actual Steve Irwin, but I don't remember.

We used to set up books and stuff on the floor and put a blanket over it and let him crawl up the heaps.

Later, me and my siblings all got new crabs. My sisters was the biggest. It was named princess and it was a complete dick. First thing it did was pinch my hand, second thing it did was eat my brother's crab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

39. Post #639
    A self proclaimed lyrically philosophical physicist
    October 2008
    1,436 Posts
    I'm convinced. I'm getting a Tegu the second I move out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    My Tegu picks up chicken eggs in her mouth and then punts them at the wall to crack them open, then she carefully pokes a hole in the cracked spot with her nose and uses the eggshell as a bowl so it doesn't leak all over the place.
    I swear, people underestimate how intelligent they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)