Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,525 Posts
    They always look very... Curious.

2. Post #642
    ~I pirate indie games~
    May 2005
    17,283 Posts
    I have a ferret. it's probably not exotic, but it's still unusual.

I really want a bearded dragon though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,969 Posts
    I have a ferret. it's probably not exotic, but it's still unusual.

I really want a bearded dragon though.

My only problem with Ferrets is the smell, I called mine Ricky Ticky after a mongoose in an animated film titled as the name.

I've ordered Triops and put the eggs in three days ago now, hopefully when I get home they should be visable by now but I'm worried the water wasn't to their standards.

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    My only problem with Ferrets is the smell, I called mine Ricky Ticky after a mongoose in an animated film titled as the name.
    Oh god, I remember that movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    March 2010
    183 Posts
    I have an exotic pet, his name is YOUR MUM! I usually use it for sexual related purposes but sometimes we play monopoly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

6. Post #646
    I have a rabbit the size of a large fat cat or a medium sized dog.

Is that exotic?

Edited:

It's illegal to hold any reptile as a pet in Norway
    Yeah :(
    I wanted a snake. Or a turtle. Or an iguana. Or a gecko. I had to get a Roborovski instead. Though he was adorable.

Like the size of a thumb.
    Comparing him to my rabbit is comparing the earth to the sun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

7. Post #647
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,185 Posts
    Pictures are kinda old, and the pebbles have been removed in favor of large flat stones, but this is my Golden Albino Axolotl, Lola.

Axolotl master-race.

This is Medusa, a wild-type variant. I think I posted her earlier in the thread.

She's very greedy and likes to follow people around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,969 Posts

Ricky Tiki!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    October 2008
    694 Posts
    More pictures of Lola! More recent ones too!

- Sorry, girlfriend posted that bit I just edited out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

10. Post #650
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,170 Posts
    Sorry for the off post but my buddy goes by "Malkovich the exotic pet molester" on DarkRP and this thread just had me cracking up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #651
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    I'm thinking about getting a bearded dragon. I'd also like another animal to give him company.
    Do beardies get lonely easily? should I get 2 at the same time? and is there any animal combinations that fit well with a beardie? say cat + beardie etc.
    Beardies get along with pretty much any animal that won't hurt them. Except other beardies. Don't put two together unless they are babies or you're trying to mate them. They will kill each other otherwise.

It's illegal to hold any reptile as a pet in Norway
    LOL

I mean

who the fuck makes these laws?

I used to have several hermit crabs, all named after television personalities.
    The first one was named Steve Irwin. He lived like 4 years; I'm fairly certain he outlived the actual Steve Irwin, but I don't remember.

We used to set up books and stuff on the floor and put a blanket over it and let him crawl up the heaps.

Later, me and my siblings all got new crabs. My sisters was the biggest. It was named princess and it was a complete dick. First thing it did was pinch my hand, second thing it did was eat my brother's crab.
    There's so many things wrong with this story I don't even know where to start.

My Tegu picks up chicken eggs in her mouth and then punts them at the wall to crack them open, then she carefully pokes a hole in the cracked spot with her nose and uses the eggshell as a bowl so it doesn't leak all over the place.
    I swear, people underestimate how intelligent they are.
    Mine's dumb as a rock so I cook her eggs when I make myself breakfast in the mornings.

Edited:

I'd love to own a Tegu, but I've been looking into Bearded Dragons too. I may be able to get one of those sooner because they don't require as large an environment as a Tegu does; mind you I'm still living in my parents house in a small room.

Before I get a beardie I think I'll put it in a 30 or so gallon tank and while it's living in there I want to build my own viv. This channel makes some fucking cool cages for beardies, or any reptile really, and tell you how to do it too.

Any suggestions for a theme I should use when I decide to make one of those?
    lol my tegu walks around the house during the day with my dog

Edited:

Pictures are kinda old, and the pebbles have been removed in favor of large flat stones, but this is my Golden Albino Axolotl, Lola.

jesus fuck im jealous

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    Mine's dumb as a rock so I cook her eggs when I make myself breakfast in the mornings.

lol my tegu walks around the house during the day with my dog
    Tegus are a lot like Cats, you can't really teach them anything but they learn things on their own very quickly. Just give your Tegu an egg and let her figure it out, they really do like being challenged, especially when it ends with a treat.

I let my Tegu run loose too, she use to beat herself bloody trying to get out of her cage. All she wanted was to be out in the room and that was enough, though I don't let her out of my room unless I'm with her since she knows how to use the Dog door. That and she gets into things and the rest of the house is not Tegu-proofed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    December 2010
    1,839 Posts
    Those worms I feed my lizard....they plot against me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #654
    January 2010
    1,591 Posts
    A incredibly cute picture of Ruby.

Edited:

Her brothers have yet to find a home yet, if you're in Michigan and are looking for a puppy is I suggest you visit the breeders hoobly page (http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1934594.html). Its best to find a home by 9 weeks or they'll get too attached to their momma. Please help spread the word!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    Just weighed in my Emu eggs for day 7. Note the loss of weight doesn't mean there are actually Emus developing inside, it just means that they're loosing water like they should, but they haven't started to stink yet so I'm gonna guess there are Emus in there.

Egg A
    1/20 (Day 1) - 691.3 g
    1/26 (Day 7) - 676.8 g (14.5 g/2.14%)

Egg B
    1/20 (Day 1) - 676.3 g
    1/26 (Day 7) - 663.2 g (13.1 g/1.97%)

I thought it was funny that Egg A now weighs almost the same as Egg B did when I first weighed them.
    Now just... 6 more weeks to go...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    hi bring this thread back and add chickens since my mom bought some.
    they're so fukin weird

Edited:

they are great because they make food AND are food!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #657

June 2011
    230 Posts
    I remember in primary school i used to catch heaps of bearded/water dragons (they looked so fucking colourful). I remember coming across this tiny baby bearded dragon about 1 inch long, we decided to let it go because it would most likely die in my school bag. It was funny sometimes when we'd see one and try to sneak up on it, it would see us and piss bolt on its back legs.

18. Post #658
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,979 Posts
    I have a rabbit the size of a large fat cat or a medium sized dog.

Is that exotic?

Edited:

Yeah :(
    I wanted a snake. Or a turtle. Or an iguana. Or a gecko. I had to get a Roborovski instead. Though he was adorable.

Like the size of a thumb.
    Comparing him to my rabbit is comparing the earth to the sun.
    Why are they banned? I tried Googling it but couldn't find results.

19. Post #659
    Dildo Queen 2013
    September 2010
    5,397 Posts
    Not exotic, but facepunch seems to love pugs. Meet Pudding!

I put them in bear factory clothes as a one off when they were sleepy, they really didn't care

Pudding and Charlie, the king Charles spaniel

all the dogs together, golden retriever is called Sparky

puppy Pudding and her big half sister, Fawn, who's half pug and half pomeranian

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    pugs are cute for something that looks like it ran head first into a wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    Those worms I feed my lizard....they plot against me
    I don't use worms anymore, not after they started hunting my geckos.

Cornered him in the cage, they almost had him.

Edited:

hi bring this thread back and add chickens since my mom bought some.
    they're so fukin weird

Edited:

they are great because they make food AND are food!
    I have chickens, but...

What the fuck are those?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    they're like chickens but fukin useless
    i dont think they can even see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    they're like chickens but fukin useless
    i dont think they can even see
    That's why only Standard Silkies are awesome.

24. Post #664
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    My dog possibly has dwarfism, not 100% sure yet but he shows all the signs of having it. Going to get it confirmed by a vet soon.

Does that make him special enough to post here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    dont worry we got one of these to balance it out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,525 Posts
    I HATE roosters.

I had one on my parent's property in Colorado when I was about five. That fat bastard would protect his bitches (I.E. keep me away from the hens and their soft, soft feather) by chasing me the fuck around the entire yard and around the house until my dad would come and literally kick him the fuck away from me.

That fucker got his, though. One too many pecks to the legs and my dad gave him to the neighbor.

Who then made chicken-noodle soup.

fucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    we just got hens because roosters are useless as shit
    and loud

Edited:

i got 4 chickens

ameraucana that lays blue or green eggs

jersey giants that grows to 13 pounds and lays massive eggs

a slikie (posted earlier) that's stupid and one other i forgot

gonna make a thread when they arrive in june
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Why so Sirius?
    April 2009
    3,378 Posts
    we just got hens because roosters are useless as shit
    and loud

Edited:

i got 4 chickens

ameraucana that lays blue or green eggs

jersey giants that grows to 13 pounds and lays massive eggs

a slikie (posted earlier) that's stupid and one other i forgot

gonna make a thread when they arrive in june
    the top one is adorable

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    wont get tired of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #670
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    Just got a baby water dragon, yay!

Her name is Jackie.

Edited:

wont get tired of this
    I can do that shit all fucking dya

31. Post #671
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    Dennab
    March 2009
    9,166 Posts
    Man, I have always wanted to get a tegu, too bad I am not able to get one as of now. Still living with my parents and they wouldn't be happy to have a big lizard in the house.

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,522 Posts
    I own a California Kingsnake. I might get pictures later, if I can be bothered to work out how to when holding a snake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    C:\
    March 2011
    1,426 Posts
    Three african greys, a budgie, and my mom is taking care of an injured pigeon, she has been for many years now.
    I had two budgies, one died of cancer though, she was put down due to a fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    July 2007
    1,835 Posts
    I've always wanted a capuchin monkey.

They are so fucking cute.

My great grandpa had one, and said he would climb on the fan, and turn it on low and shit on his hands and throw it at new people that came in the house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,595 Posts
    that's normally the reason people wouldn't want a monkey but whatever floats your boat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #676
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    I hate mammals so much. Well, with the exception of dogs and cats, obviously. They stink up the place to no end and are so disgusting.

I prefer my winged friends and scaly companions, thank you very much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    How's that Emu coming along, Raptor?

38. Post #678
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    When I weighed them this morning, I couldn't keep them balanced on the scale, had to set them on a roll of tape to get them to quit rolling away. Bit early to say for sure, but I'm hoping that was the chicks wiggling around inside because I was moving the eggs. If what I read is right, 10-15 more days and they should begin to respond to sounds.

I also increased the humidity, it's now at about 45%, this should push them back up into their projected weight loss then I can bump it back down to 35% next week and keep it there till they hatch. If they kept to the weight loss they were getting over this week they'd be at 15 and 16% loss by hatch, I can do better for em though.

Egg A
    1/20 (Day 1) - 691.3 g
    1/26 (Day 7) - 676.8 g (14.5 g/2.14%)
    2/2 (Day 14) - 660.9 5 (15.9 g/4.59%)
    2/9 (Day 21) - 647.6 g (13.3 g/2.05%)

Egg B
    1/20 (Day 1) - 676.3 g
    1/26 (Day 7) - 663.2 g (13.1 g/1.97%)
    2/2 (Day 14) - 648.7 g (14.5 g/4.25%)
    2/9 (Day 21) - 636.4 g (12.3 g/1.93%)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    563 Posts
    My friend just got a rattlesnake acouple days ago, its pretty awesome except that it rattles 24/7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #680
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,564 Posts
    My friend just got a rattlesnake acouple days ago, its pretty awesome except that it rattles 24/7
    They only do that when they're pissed. He must be more infuriated than a marmoset trapped in a straw sack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)