1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,300 Posts
    Then it morphed into like a panther/tegu I'm not even sure at this point, and I came and posted about it on this thread, then I woke up.
    Like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #362
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,184 Posts
    Damn, I wish I could get a pet snake.

Unfortunately, there's two things standing in the way.

1. Not allowed pets in the house I live in.
    2. To get a snake, I'd have to first get a reptile licence from the government (costs $55.60 but lasts five years) and then buy the snake (around $300), but not before paying my reptile movement fee of $3 to the government. And buying all the other necessary gear to actually keep the snake.

So yeah, quite a bit of money in total.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #363
    March 2010
    7,902 Posts
    Like this?
    Well no, I'm not sure what was even happening. Do you know when in a dream, you know what something is supposed to be, even if it's not that. Well in my dream I though it was a panther for some reason, but when I woke up I realized it was more of a tegu. Maybe a large tegu, but not that big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Damn, I wish I could get a pet snake.

Unfortunately, there's two things standing in the way.

1. Not allowed pets in the house I live in.
    2. To get a snake, I'd have to first get a reptile licence from the government (costs $55.60 but lasts five years) and then buy the snake (around $300), but not before paying my reptile movement fee of $3 to the government. And buying all the other necessary gear to actually keep the snake.

So yeah, quite a bit of money in total.
    You need a licence to buy a reptile in Britain? That is extremely unreasonable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,598 Posts
    You need a licence to buy a reptile in Britain? That is extremely unreasonable.
    He's in Australia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Asm
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,234 Posts
    Hence the dollar sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    My friend's snake is pretty kickin rad, it even muffles his microphone when he was on teamspeak and tried to hide in his bass speaker.

IMG_9147 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr

IMG_9146 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,167 Posts
    That snake is so gorgeous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    March 2011
    1,864 Posts
    What's his name?

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    That snake is so gorgeous.
    :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,167 Posts
    :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #372
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    I also wish to know the snakes name, age, and if the owner has any other pets like it?

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    How is that gay?

Edited:

I also wish to know the snakes name, age, and if the owner has any other pets like it?
    Same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,786 Posts
    A few months back we found out there was an armadillo living in my neighborhood. We'd see it scurry across the roads and shit. One day we went out and got it, took it outback and fed it some shit, we didn't know what armadillos ate, so after some googling we got some leftover fishing worms for it. It came back every now and then and me and my friend that got it named it "ArmadillBRO" because we're all unclever bastards.

Sad thing is though, we got a bit of snow back during the "snowpocalypse", and believe me here, Georgia NEVER gets snow, at least not where I live. Haven't seen the guy since, so either the snow killed it or he became some redneck's speed-bump.

Miss you armadillbro.

Also, that is a really neat OP, kudos for the effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Cichlid have to be some of the easiest fish to breed, if you keep them well fed. I have like 40 in a 200 gallon tank

16. Post #376
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,136 Posts
    Cichlid have to be some of the easiest fish to breed, if you keep them well fed. I have like 40 in a 200 gallon tank
    Got pictures?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Only exotic he has, apart from some fish. he's had it for nearly a year I believe or less, I've forgotten his name but i'll edit it in this post when I remember/ask him again.
    I was amazed how quickly it adapted to him and his family, at first to get it out it's cage they had to actually reach in and grab him, now you can open the cage and he'll slither towards the exit to be picked up and then proceed to wrap himself around you.

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    456 Posts
    I normally believe fish make boring pets. They aren't very bright, hard to interact with and seem more like decorations than companions.

Then I found out about lumpsuckers.

Wikipedia posted:

:3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    I normally believe fish make boring pets. They aren't very bright, hard to interact with and seem more like decorations than companions.

Then I found out about lumpsuckers.

:3:
    I'll take twenty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

20. Post #380
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    Well, my fear of crickets has grown so bad to the point where I'm using some sort of air-pump two-foot long claw. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #381
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Well, my fear of crickets has grown so bad to the point where I'm using some sort of air-pump two-foot long claw. :colbert:
    I think you need to see a psychologist, if it's getting worse. They bothered me a tad at first, but I can safely smash them in my hands if need be.

22. Post #382
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I think you need to see a psychologist, if it's getting worse. They bothered me a tad at first, but I can safely smash them in my hands if need be.
    I hear it's possible for them to bite. Is this true?

23. Post #383
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    I hear it's possible for them to bite. Is this true?
    They have mouths, eat, yadayada. So yeah, they can bite, but I've yet to be bitten by one (or their bite is so weak I don't feel shit).

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,300 Posts
    Those common feeder crickets don't have much of a bite, or much strength period. Scratching an itch with your fingernails does more harm than a feeder cricket bite.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Our bees just swarmed and went up a tree.
    (Bees are kind of exotic)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #386
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Our bees just swarmed and went up a tree.
    (Bees are kind of exotic)
    You have bees? Nice. They aren't considered exotic, but as pets they are pretty damn rare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    I don't keep them myself, just sort of watch. Me parents do all the work.
    They do consider them pets and not just a resource.

The honey is nice, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Do people count as pets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    I had to help get them out of the tree... Absolutely terrifying.
    The procedure was simple but delicate. I held a box underneath while my mum whacked the branch very hard with a stick so they fell out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

30. Post #390
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    I had to help get them out of the tree... Absolutely terrifying.
    The procedure was simple but delicate. I held a box underneath while my mum whacked the branch very hard with a stick so they fell out.
    It's called neurotoxin, bro. Knock 'em out then let them fall. They wake up like nothing.

31. Post #391
    Title Attrition Belligerent
    November 2009
    2,022 Posts
    i got a kitten

her name is Polyp

here's my bearded dragon

that's pretty exotic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #392
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,136 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #393
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Sadly it seems no-one on FacePunch besides us care about animals, for the thread almost had a necro-bump there. If the other sections were updated and the thread was more lively then I would make the fish section much larger with pictures, websites, and other such to your specifications. Since it's your section, after all.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member

March 2007
    2,263 Posts
    Really nice aquarium. How is the maintenance for you?

35. Post #395
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,136 Posts
    Really nice aquarium. How is the maintenance for you?
    Not too bad. With college and all I've probably not kept as much upkeep as I should be doing by the books, but it's a healthy system. That one big pink coral in the center there is growing all over the place. Nothing has died recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Got pictures?
    If you can teach me how the hell to resize images to be manageable, then sure!

37. Post #397
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Not too bad. With college and all I've probably not kept as much upkeep as I should be doing by the books, but it's a healthy system. That one big pink coral in the center there is growing all over the place. Nothing has died recently.
    Name something. I dare you.

Edited:

As in give something a name, like Charlie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    here's my bearded dragon

that's pretty exotic
    I am really intrigued about purchasing a Bearded Dragon.
    Is it difficult to take care of? How much does it cost?

39. Post #399
    January 2011
    2,295 Posts
    The OP gave me a good read so I'll share some advice.

Never buy snails for a fish tank, my friend was like "Oh they'll clean the tank for me". Two weeks later there were like 50 of them in there.

I think he sold them though, so lodsamonie.

40. Post #400
    The OP gave me a good read so I'll share some advice.

Never buy snails for a fish tank, my friend was like "Oh they'll clean the tank for me". Two weeks later there were like 50 of them in there.

I think he sold them though, so lodsamonie.
    They're really annoying, like little snots all over the place.

I murdered them.

ALL OF THEM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)