1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,607 Posts
    That snake is so gorgeous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,140 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #363
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    I also wish to know the snakes name, age, and if the owner has any other pets like it?

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,607 Posts
    How is that gay?

Edited:

I also wish to know the snakes name, age, and if the owner has any other pets like it?
    Same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    620 Posts
    A few months back we found out there was an armadillo living in my neighborhood. We'd see it scurry across the roads and shit. One day we went out and got it, took it outback and fed it some shit, we didn't know what armadillos ate, so after some googling we got some leftover fishing worms for it. It came back every now and then and me and my friend that got it named it "ArmadillBRO" because we're all unclever bastards.

Sad thing is though, we got a bit of snow back during the "snowpocalypse", and believe me here, Georgia NEVER gets snow, at least not where I live. Haven't seen the guy since, so either the snow killed it or he became some redneck's speed-bump.

Miss you armadillbro.

Also, that is a really neat OP, kudos for the effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,525 Posts
    Cichlid have to be some of the easiest fish to breed, if you keep them well fed. I have like 40 in a 200 gallon tank

7. Post #367
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,948 Posts
    Cichlid have to be some of the easiest fish to breed, if you keep them well fed. I have like 40 in a 200 gallon tank
    Got pictures?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,198 Posts
    Only exotic he has, apart from some fish. he's had it for nearly a year I believe or less, I've forgotten his name but i'll edit it in this post when I remember/ask him again.
    I was amazed how quickly it adapted to him and his family, at first to get it out it's cage they had to actually reach in and grab him, now you can open the cage and he'll slither towards the exit to be picked up and then proceed to wrap himself around you.

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    437 Posts
    I normally believe fish make boring pets. They aren't very bright, hard to interact with and seem more like decorations than companions.

Then I found out about lumpsuckers.

Wikipedia posted:

:3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    I normally believe fish make boring pets. They aren't very bright, hard to interact with and seem more like decorations than companions.

Then I found out about lumpsuckers.

:3:
    I'll take twenty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #371
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    Well, my fear of crickets has grown so bad to the point where I'm using some sort of air-pump two-foot long claw. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #372
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    Well, my fear of crickets has grown so bad to the point where I'm using some sort of air-pump two-foot long claw. :colbert:
    I think you need to see a psychologist, if it's getting worse. They bothered me a tad at first, but I can safely smash them in my hands if need be.

13. Post #373
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    I think you need to see a psychologist, if it's getting worse. They bothered me a tad at first, but I can safely smash them in my hands if need be.
    I hear it's possible for them to bite. Is this true?

14. Post #374
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    I hear it's possible for them to bite. Is this true?
    They have mouths, eat, yadayada. So yeah, they can bite, but I've yet to be bitten by one (or their bite is so weak I don't feel shit).

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,625 Posts
    Those common feeder crickets don't have much of a bite, or much strength period. Scratching an itch with your fingernails does more harm than a feeder cricket bite.

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,856 Posts
    Our bees just swarmed and went up a tree.
    (Bees are kind of exotic)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    Our bees just swarmed and went up a tree.
    (Bees are kind of exotic)
    You have bees? Nice. They aren't considered exotic, but as pets they are pretty damn rare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,856 Posts
    I don't keep them myself, just sort of watch. Me parents do all the work.
    They do consider them pets and not just a resource.

The honey is nice, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,515 Posts
    Do people count as pets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,856 Posts
    I had to help get them out of the tree... Absolutely terrifying.
    The procedure was simple but delicate. I held a box underneath while my mum whacked the branch very hard with a stick so they fell out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

21. Post #381
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    I had to help get them out of the tree... Absolutely terrifying.
    The procedure was simple but delicate. I held a box underneath while my mum whacked the branch very hard with a stick so they fell out.
    It's called neurotoxin, bro. Knock 'em out then let them fall. They wake up like nothing.

22. Post #382
    Title Attrition Belligerent

November 2009
    1,961 Posts
    i got a kitten

her name is Polyp

here's my bearded dragon

that's pretty exotic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #383
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,948 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #384
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    Sadly it seems no-one on FacePunch besides us care about animals, for the thread almost had a necro-bump there. If the other sections were updated and the thread was more lively then I would make the fish section much larger with pictures, websites, and other such to your specifications. Since it's your section, after all.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member

March 2007
    2,237 Posts
    Really nice aquarium. How is the maintenance for you?

26. Post #386
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,948 Posts
    Really nice aquarium. How is the maintenance for you?
    Not too bad. With college and all I've probably not kept as much upkeep as I should be doing by the books, but it's a healthy system. That one big pink coral in the center there is growing all over the place. Nothing has died recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,525 Posts
    Got pictures?
    If you can teach me how the hell to resize images to be manageable, then sure!

28. Post #388
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    Not too bad. With college and all I've probably not kept as much upkeep as I should be doing by the books, but it's a healthy system. That one big pink coral in the center there is growing all over the place. Nothing has died recently.
    Name something. I dare you.

Edited:

As in give something a name, like Charlie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    here's my bearded dragon

that's pretty exotic
    I am really intrigued about purchasing a Bearded Dragon.
    Is it difficult to take care of? How much does it cost?

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,327 Posts
    The OP gave me a good read so I'll share some advice.

Never buy snails for a fish tank, my friend was like "Oh they'll clean the tank for me". Two weeks later there were like 50 of them in there.

I think he sold them though, so lodsamonie.

31. Post #391

Never buy snails for a fish tank, my friend was like "Oh they'll clean the tank for me". Two weeks later there were like 50 of them in there.

They're really annoying, like little snots all over the place.

I murdered them.

ALL OF THEM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,948 Posts

Depends on the snail. There are some large ornamental snails that people buy and breed and they do a good job cleaning. Then you have those little ones that reproduce all the fucking time and are a pain in the ass to get rid of. I buy the big ones and they never get out of hand.

33. Post #393
    May 2011
    388 Posts
    I want a snake but I don't really have the space and I know that my folks wouldn't be happy with a ball python in the house and mice in the freezer

Would love to get a green vine snake or an emerald tree boa but if i can't even get a ball just now then I'm fecked for the awesomer ones

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,878 Posts
    hey, fighting fish eat those tiny snails. My guy thought they were Delicious. Until their dead carcasses poised the very water he lived in. He died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,346 Posts
    It's sad that in California, Majority of Cool Exotic Pets are illegal ):
    Fennec Foxes...are allowed with a permit I am sure.
    But pets like hedgehogs,ferrets, are not allowed):

36. Post #396
    May 2011
    388 Posts
    That's pretty derp, you can get a fennec fox but not a ferret or a hedgehog? Weird.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,346 Posts
    That's pretty derp, you can get a fennec fox but not a ferret or a hedgehog? Weird.
    Yeah, There exotic pet laws are pretty strict.
    Sigh. I hear the reason ferretts are not allowed due to rabies, prone to biting, and something about over population.
    So many lame excuses to keep out cool pets. :T
    I wanted to get a silver domesticated fox from russia, but those aren't allowed:[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    May 2011
    388 Posts
    Silver foxes look kick ass, I kinda want an alligator snapping turtle, partly for house defence and partly for the sheer glory and awesomeness of having an alligator snapping turtle.

Although I don't think you could own one in the UK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,291 Posts
    I used to have a Yemen chameleon which died because his heat lamp broke, and then I got a Mountain Horned Dragon, which died of unknown causes

I'm staying away from reptiles for now, just trying to bring life back into my marine tank which has 1 black and white clownfish

Edited:

you can own an alligator snapping turtle in the uk

40. Post #400
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,686 Posts
    My school has an Alligator Snapping Turtle, his name is Tank. I nicknamed him "Boner Turtle," because every time I pick him up he gets a boner (only with me for some odd reason), and let me tell you turtles have the biggest fucking dicks you will ever see. It was as long as him.

Edited:

I used to have a Yemen chameleon which died because his heat lamp broke, and then I got a Mountain Horned Dragon, which died of unknown causes

I'm staying away from reptiles for now, just trying to bring life back into my marine tank which has 1 black and white clownfish

Edited:

you can own an alligator snapping turtle in the uk
    Name the clowns, now, do it.

Oh god why do I wish the death upon these poor fish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)