1. Post #41

January 2008
    29 Posts
    His name is Chester :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 43Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,749 Posts
    His name is Chester :)
    That is one cute Crested Gecko! How old is he, how long have you had him, etc? Great page-king by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,017 Posts
    Clownfish are the best Saltwater fish IMO, but when you do plan to get them to breed make sure you remove the other males or things can get complicated. Also, a few questions: do you have anemone in there with them? How many Clownfish do you own? Whats the male/female count?
    Only two clowns. Clownfish populations only allow for one mated pair at a time, and they're paired up and mature. They had and anemone but it's state of health was ever declining after it found itself stuck in the powerhead when it was trying to find the best place to stay. It just kept getting smaller and smaller and finally stopped accepting food and disappeared into the rockwork one night. I hear it's not a rare thing for anemones to find themselves stuck in powerheads and that it's usually fatal. I'm actually surprised he made it that long. Oddly enough the Clowns seem to have hosted a near by mushroom coral.

As far as breeding them goes, It haven't really put a full effort into it as I'm trying to breed Hi-Fin Swords(freshwater) right now and resources are limited. I'm sure if I put them in their own private tank with all the fixings I could get them to breed fairly quickly but that's just not really feasible right now.

4. Post #44
    April 2008
    284 Posts
    I have a green cheek conure, Most adorable thing.

Also you should add that cockatoos, will SCREAM.

5. Post #45
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts

I'm sorry, I am a reptile expert, not a bug expert. I will call the subheading "Bugs" okay?

Call it exoskeletons or something, and include those massive isopods.

6. Post #46
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,017 Posts
    Call it exoskeletons or something, and include those massive isopods.
    Arthropods. That's kind of a huge category though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,193 Posts
    I have a run of the mill Ball Python, Hypo Amel Corn Snake, A leopard Gecko, and a Bearded Dragon. But I only care for the snakes. My brother rightfully so owns the lizards, so he is the one who cleans the cages and stuff. Will post pics tomorrow. I've posted them before, but they've grown a bit since then, so I guess I will take new ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,749 Posts
    I have a Blue and Gold Macaw, Umbrella Cockatoo, Blue Headed Pionus, African Grey and Grey Cockatiel. Will update post with pictures.

After a shower:

Just chillin':

Love birds:

Eying himself in the mirror:

Falling asleep?:

Images of the Macaw and African Grey will be posted when I can get my hands on some pictures.
    Such cute little birds! I especially love the Cockatoo with his feathers over his mouth!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #49
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Arthropods. That's kind of a huge category though.
    Yeah that's it, couldn't think of the proper word.

Edited:

Well have a giant isopod category anyway, I hate them and they are disgusting but I can never look away from pictures of them.

10. Post #50
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I was inspired to get a gecko after that "Lizard Chilling on my Plunger" thread.

Ended up getting an African fat-tailed gecko but it's extremely difficult to maintain IMO. Primarily because I have such horrible bug phobias yet I must feed him live crickets.

Which shit everywhere. :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,749 Posts
    I was inspired to get a gecko after that "Lizard Chilling on my Plunger" thread.

Ended up getting an African fat-tailed gecko but it's extremely difficult to maintain IMO. Primarily because I have such horrible bug phobias yet I must feed him live crickets.

Which shit everywhere. :byodood:
    Hard to maintain? Wow your bug phobia must be huge. Oh god do you not clean their cage when it poops? :byodood:

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,227 Posts
    I have a Blue and Gold Macaw, Umbrella Cockatoo, Blue Headed Pionus, African Grey and Grey Cockatiel. Will update post with pictures.

(Pictures)

Images of the Macaw and African Grey will be posted when I can get my hands on some pictures.
    I really want to hear about these they seem so awesome but like I said I don't want something mean to take care of. Did you have to train them yourself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    Hard to maintain? Wow your bug phobia must be huge.
    I scream when they jump.

Yes, it's that bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    January 2011
    1,169 Posts
    I had a rock

Edited:

he died :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Peru Show Events Funny Funny x 30Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,593 Posts
    This thread has potential. mind if I remake your banner?

Edited:

meh.

maybe you can use it for the next edition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Panama Show Events Artistic Artistic x 27Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    Hard to maintain? Wow your bug phobia must be huge. Oh god do you not clean their cage when it poops? :byodood:
    No, I mean the crickets shit everywhere in their container. They are dying out quickly despite me providing food/essentials.

And now Henry (yes, I named him Henry) is pissy and trying to bite me. Does it hurt when leopard/African fat tails bite?

Edited:
    Nevermind, I'm dumb. African fat tails don't have teeth. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #57
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,749 Posts
    This thread has potential. mind if I remake your banner?

Edited:

meh.

maybe you can use it for the next edition.
    I love it! What does everyone else say about it? Rate heart for the current one or zing for the new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 41 (list)

18. Post #58
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I had a rock

Edited:

he died :colbert:
    Did you give it appropriate amounts of water? Rocks are thirsty buggers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    October 2009
    2,726 Posts
    Such cute little birds! I especially love the Cockatoo with his feathers over his mouth!
    They are so adorable :]

There's lots more pictures where that came from, don't worry.

I really want to hear about these they seem so awesome but like I said I don't want something mean to take care of. Did you have to train them yourself?
    We mainly bought all of them when they were still babies or very, very young, so 99% of their behavior is because of our influence upon them.

Birds don't necessarily need 'training' like a dog does (ie. heel, sit, lay down), but they need discipline so they know when not to bite, etc.

They are EXTREMELY smart though. The cockatoo has managed to pick through all the locks on her cage (even combination locks), so we had to go with a key lock. She also is very respectful towards humans. If she's on somebody, but has to poop, she will go to an extreme of a limb (ie. end of the arm) so that way she won't get any on you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    February 2011
    1,735 Posts
    I got a ball python. Doesn't move much...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,346 Posts
    im thinknig about getting a dragon, sorta like hargird in harry potter? anyone know where I can find one?

22. Post #62
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,749 Posts
    No, I mean the crickets shit everywhere in their container. They are dying out quickly despite me providing food/essentials.

And now Henry (yes, I named him Henry) is pissy and trying to bite me. Does it hurt when leopard/African fat tails bite?
    Crickets are some of the neediest little shits, just buy 40 every time it gets empty to prevent them all dying, happens to me all the time. Do the geckos hurt when they bite? Not by my standards, but I've been bit by fucking Macaws without flinching. If he's trying to bite you, thats not good. I suggest you get gardening gloves then handle him every day, make sure you LET him bite you (with the gloves on), it lets him know it does nothing.

They are so adorable :]

There's lots more pictures where that came from, don't worry.

We mainly bought all of them when they were still babies or very, very young, so 99% of their behavior is because of our influence upon them.

Birds don't necessarily need 'training' like a dog does (ie. heel, sit, lay down), but they need discipline so they know when not to bite, etc.

They are EXTREMELY smart though. The cockatoo has managed to pick through all the locks on her cage (even combination locks), so we had to go with a key lock. She also is very respectful towards humans. If she's on somebody, but has to poop, she will go to an extreme of a limb (ie. end of the arm) so that way she won't get any on you.
    Make sure you quote the images, because the last ones were huge.

im thinknig about getting a dragon, sorta like hargird in harry potter? anyone know where I can find one?
    Go to any local petstore, I'm sure they have at least one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts
    I want a chameleon but I don't have room for it :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    January 2011
    1,169 Posts
    Did you give it appropriate amounts of water? Rocks are thirsty buggers.
    Sadly, no.
    Damn it, they told me at the pet store that having a rock pet was so difficult.

All ammateurs out there, start raising something easier like komodo dragons and then move to rocks, that way, you won't commit all the mistakes I did with rockie.

RIP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Peru Show Events Funny Funny x 20Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,372 Posts
    Tamaskan dogs should be in op.

26. Post #66

January 2008
    29 Posts
    That is one cute Crested Gecko! How old is he, how long have you had him, etc? Great page-king by the way.
    I'm not sure how old he is. He is very small though, About the size of my index finger. I've had him for about a week now.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,227 Posts

Of the birds you have which one would you say is the most friendly and/or easy to train?

28. Post #68
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    I'm getting a chinchilla once I can afford one (I've been stowing some money away for care).

Look into its eyes and don't smile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,284 Posts
    i have a retarded cat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 38Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    October 2009
    2,726 Posts
    Of the birds you have which one would you say is the most friendly and/or easy to train?
    The friendliest is definitely the Cockatoo, she almost never bites anyone and is the sweetest thing ever.

The Blue Headed Pionus is very temperamental and territorial, but when calm is really nice. He smells great too! Doesn't like getting petted very much.

The Macaw is a very playful one, acts like a dog almost, but gotta be careful with him because he sometimes bites too hard when he's playing.

The African Grey is bonded solely to my mom. I can get near and kiss her on the beak and pet her sometimes, but with my dad, not a chance.

The Cockatiel is scared shitless of pretty much everything. He just lulls around the place doing whatever he wants.

In terms of training, I can't make a judgement call because they aren't like normal dog or cat pets. You can't really gauge how well they've learned something unless it's talking or tricks because they'll still bite you from time to time if you don't know the signals. That being said, some of them don't bite (ie. the Cockatoo) and some of them don't talk (again, the Cockatoo as an example).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I have several gila monsters in my closet. They feed on live humans.

So I was right, monsters DO live in my closet.

Edited:

Oh god do you not clean their cage when it poops? :byodood:
    Thanks to that, I decided to clean Henry's cage right now. I found his pooping spot. All of his shit is hidden in this fake plant I put in. :sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

32. Post #72
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,593 Posts
    i have a retarded cat
    They say pets are just like their owners.

Edited:

I love it! What does everyone else say about it? Rate heart for the current one or zing for the new one.
    So, you gonna use it?

33. Post #73
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,284 Posts
    harsh

34. Post #74
    Mp6
    March 2007
    398 Posts
    My family and I foster kittens, while its not really very exotic it certainly is interesting getting to raise a new litter of kittens every 2-3 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,116 Posts
    My cat:

Amy, The Blue and Gold Macaw:

Amy eating a cherry, you can see my wind-destroyed trampoline below.

Amy eating a meat ball.

Amy eating the same cherry from the first image.

Heidi, The Lesser Jardine's Parrot:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I used to have a white parakeet, but he always freaked the fuck out when I got near him.

One day, he was very placid (a first) and ended up dying the next day. I only had him for about a month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,017 Posts
    I'd definitely like to get a parrot and a chameleon in my lifetime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #78
    October 2009
    2,726 Posts
    My cat:

Amy, The Blue and Gold Macaw:

Amy eating a cherry, you can see my wind-destroyed trampoline below.

Amy eating a meat ball.

Amy eating the same cherry from the first image.

Heidi, The Lesser Jardine's Parrot:
    Awesome, another bird owner! I definitely got to get my hands on my B+G Macaw pics. He loves peanut butter.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,116 Posts
    To anyone considering getting a parrot or bird of any kind, find a friend who has one or spend a fair amount of time in a bird store. You probably aren't expecting the noise-factor to be nearly as horrific as it is. Sun-rise is the worst time of the day, bad enough that at times, the only option is to cover the bird's cage with a sheet to simulate night.

Cleanup sucks, they have a habit of putting their pellets in their water. (So be sure to never buy a feed with any dyes in it if you like your carpet)

Edited:

Awesome, another bird owner! I definitely got to get my hands on my B+G Macaw pics. He loves peanut butter.
    Even admitting as stressful as they are to own, I can say they are among the most rewarding pets I've ever owned. Amy enjoys peeling grapes, as does Heidi. It's strange, they peel the entire grape, only eat the inside. I've never given either of them peanut butter, but I might have to if they enjoy it. Brazil nuts are probably Amy's favorite, Heidi has those things called 'nutriberries'. She's learned to ask for them by saying "Berry?"

40. Post #80
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,593 Posts
    All I have is a cute cat, I love her:

although sometimes, she can get very angry:

Edited:

PAGE PEASANT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Panama Show Events Friendly Friendly x 38Funny Funny x 4 (list)