1. Post #121
    Gay for BDA
    November 2005
    8,483 Posts
    banjo music when you open the tank lid :lol:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

2. Post #122
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    Mind if I be a little nit-picky?

:coolfish:
    I certainly don't mind! Will add to the OP in a bit, if there continues to be helpers like you I need to add a contributor list to the OP.

3. Post #123
    April 2009
    361 Posts

When I was around 9 or so my dad got me a millipede that looked just like that pic :3
    I loved him so much his name was Big John, used to walk around my neighborhood with him on my arm... he loved eating grapes

but then he died about a year later...

And they're now considered illegal...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

4. Post #124
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts

When I was around 9 or so my dad got me a millipede that looked just like that pic :3
    I loved him so much his name was Big John, used to walk around my neighborhood with him on my arm... he loved eating grapes

but then he died about a year later...

And they're now considered illegal...
    They are illegal to sell, not own. If you buy one online or out-of-states you could get one still. There was a blanket-ban in the US of them and mantids in 2005 because they were becoming rarer in the wild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,752 Posts
    I used to have a gorgeous iguana. His claws tore my skin up and his tail whips hurt. He bit me once while I was feeding him a slice of watermelon(he didn't mean it). For vegetarians, iguanas sure do inflict a lot of pain.

currently I have 3 dogs, 3 turtles, and 2 fancy goldfish

6. Post #126
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    I used to have a gorgeous iguana. His claws tore my skin up and his tail whips hurt. He bit me once while I was feeding him a slice of watermelon(he didn't mean it). For vegetarians, iguanas sure do inflict a lot of pain.

currently I have 3 dogs, 3 turtles, and 2 fancy goldfish
    Uhh... Iguanas are not vegetarians, they eat meat too so their Omnivores. Whats with the 'fancy' on the Goldfish, eh? Did you pack them with glitter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,445 Posts
    I used to have two parakeets, but they recently.... uh, died. The fat white one died of being a food-hogging little fatass, and the little green one died of I have no idea what.
    RIP Scooter and Bixs

Edited:

I'm a terrible person :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

8. Post #128
    October 2009
    2,178 Posts
    I recently got 12 baby chicks in the mail! They're just now getting feathers but as soon as they're old enough to hang out in the coop / free range it's free eggs ahoy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 3 (list)

9. Post #129
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    I recently got 12 baby chicks in the mail! They're just now getting feathers but as soon as they're old enough to hang out in the coop / free range it's free eggs ahoy!
    You better watch the fuck out, Chickens are some of the smartest animals I have seen in my life. Keep a good eye on 'em, they can escape at a moments notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #130
    October 2009
    2,178 Posts
    You better watch the fuck out, Chickens are some of the smartest animals I have seen in my life. Keep a good eye on 'em, they can escape at a moments notice.
    I've been taking them outside every day so they can get used to the coop. They rush to the door when I come over and it's to the point that if I put my hand in their indoor pen I have like 6 or 7 trying to roost on my arm. Very tame chicks, 14 female and one pimp (he has blue feathers on his head)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    I've been taking them outside every day so they can get used to the coop. They rush to the door when I come over and it's to the point that if I put my hand in their indoor pen I have like 6 or 7 trying to roost on my arm. Very tame chicks, 14 male and one pimp (he has blue feathers on his head)
    So you are trying to get eggs from males? Huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    My friend had chicks and when I went over to his house they were all over the yard. It took us around 2 hours just to catch 'em all. We got them to level 50 by the end of the night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

13. Post #133
    February 2011
    900 Posts
    Had a red eared slider turtle. Was scared shitless all the time. I think it got comfy eventually and got another one. When they're small they're adorable. Until they get huge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,916 Posts
    how would I go about getting a domesticated raccoon or skunk? they are really cool but crazy and ready to fight you at all times

15. Post #135
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    Had a red eared slider turtle. Was scared shitless all the time. I think it got comfy eventually and got another one. When they're small they're adorable. Until they get huge.
    Big? How are they big by any means?

how would I go about getting a domesticated raccoon or skunk? they are really cool but crazy and ready to fight you at all times
    A Skunk is much better IMO, Raccoons are too smart for their own good. I suggest you look online for one, most petstores don't sell Skunks due to their infamy.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    I have two bearded dragons at home, they're pretty cool.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,020 Posts
    My girlfrined and I have a lion head bunny:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Show Events Friendly Friendly x 35Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #138
    Dennab
    July 2010
    1,074 Posts
    Awesome, thanks for the good info, gonna read more when I get home!

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    I have two Budgies, One male and one female.

Female is huge and 7-8 years old.

20. Post #140
    August 2010
    131 Posts
    I have two bearded dragons, three cats, a dog, a rabbit, a guinea pig, and a small fish. Awesome pets.

21. Post #141
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,325 Posts
    I've always wanted a pet monkey. Not a big one, just a cute little one like a Capuchin or a marmoset.

Capuchin:

Marmoset:

Unfortunately, monkeys are very expensive, and need to be looked after like babies. The mischievous little buggers can hardly be left alone, and I don't have the time to properly care for one right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Asm
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,234 Posts
    Damnit, now I really want a pet now.

In the past I've had a pet cockatiel, hermit crabs, normal crabs, gerbils and goldfish.
    I'm hoping to get a reptile of some sort after university.

23. Post #143
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,464 Posts
    I've got a California King Snake. She's nice, only bit me once by accident while feeding.

She stopped eating last month, and then she started to go into the shedding phase, so I haven't been able to feed her in a while. She's ok, she's done this before but it's worrying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

24. Post #144
    April 2010
    130 Posts
    A cousin of mine is really fascinated with this type of animals, he used to get all kinds of animals until he moved to the states. He had a turtle, iguanas, a ball python, different salt and fresh water fish and a scorpion. Now he owns a bearded dragon and two leopard geckos.

A few days back, he showed me pics of tree monitors. Awesome looking lizard...

Blue Tree Monitor

Black Tree Monitor

They're pretty docile though cost quite a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Puerto Rico Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    January 2010
    2,269 Posts

Look at that mean motherfucker.
    One of them killed all my guppies, I'm not even kidding, most of the victims had their eyes popped out and their guts floating above the water.
    Not buying zebra fishes ever again.

Though, I didn't have an aquarium for quite a while. I'll consider buying some fish next week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    July 2010
    273 Posts
    I live in the Philippines. When I was young, I've had traumatic experiences with the Tokay Gecko. So my dad brought me to his farm in the province, and while I was there I had this one Tokay Gecko staring at me whenever I was alone. Not sure if it was the same one every time, but it made its incredibly loud mating call every time I looked at it. "TUKO TUKO TUKO!! LOOK AT ME YOU DICKHEAD I REQUIRE YOUR ATTENTION FOR NO APPARENT REASON" arghh I still have nightmares about it. with its glowing eyes staring into your soul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8 (list)

27. Post #147
    I have a blue-tounged skink. I don't know the lifespan on them, but I have had mine for 6 years, the person I got her from had her for 6-ish years, and the person he got her from had her for who knows how long.

Also, are they usually very lazy? We tried feeding mine live crickets, but she didn't go after them. We cleaned out her cage, then tried feeding her dead crickets. She didn't go after them, either. I guess she just likes her food pre-chewed since she only eats mashed bananas and cat food

28. Post #148
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,824 Posts
    My sis has a gila monster, they're awesome, but like most lizards, they just sit under their heat lamp.

29. Post #149
    I have 11 cats.

2 is Persian-Siamese.
    The other 9 is Persian-Siamese-Siberian.

:smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    July 2008
    604 Posts
    This thread is interesting and i enjoyed it, birds are funny pets. Just watch the videos of them on youtube

31. Post #151
    June 2009
    597 Posts
    What about pet rocks? :smith:
    Exotic pets. Come back when you have a pet amethyst.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,868 Posts
    Rabbits are exotic? :crossarms:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #153
    January 2010
    2,269 Posts
    Exotic pets. Come back when you have a pet amethyst.
    Wait, I got an amethyst, give me a minute. I'll get a pic.

Edited:

There it is :3
    I got loads of minerals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 32Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    June 2009
    597 Posts
    Wait, I got an amethyst, give me a minute. I'll get a pic.

Edited:

There it is :3
    I got loads of minerals.
    Fair play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,517 Posts
    I look after my cousins pygmy goats quite a bit, if that counts. One of them died a few months back, here's the one that's left. They're getting new baby ones next week.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

36. Post #156
    June 2009
    597 Posts
    I look after my cousins pygmy goats quite a bit, if that counts. One of them died a few months back, here's the one that's left. They're getting new baby ones next week.

D'aw. These are the ones that jump everywhere, right?

37. Post #157
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts

Jaffa :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14 (list)

38. Post #158
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,610 Posts

Jaffa :3:
    do you happen to know its breed?

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Lizards make awesome photos due to them staying still, these are my 2:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

40. Post #160
    October 2008
    667 Posts
    http://www.buy-axolotls.com/index.html can't give pics cause I'm on my phone but I plan on buying an axolotl soon. Just got my first paycheck.