1. Post #121
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    sony has a very good DSLR lineup now, though I can't stand the way they feel.

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,836 Posts
    Nothing, it's just being that they're the new boys to the scene, it's fun to mock them. You should ignore any and all camera bashing.

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,264 Posts
    I don't know if you're good at photography or not, or if you even own any expensive equipment.

Buut on facepunch I would consider you "that guy".
    I've never seen you post your work, and you don't even link to your flickr or whatever else you use in your profile.
    Yet you have a canon as your avatar.

If avatars were purchases and your work only existed if you posted it here, then you would be that guy.
    Haha I just recently bought a Canon T3, and a few days ago posted the first pictures I took with it. I've been interested in photography for a long while now, about two or so years but never had a DSLR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,460 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

5. Post #125
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts

I actually flinched

like, so hard my chair rolled back a little
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    where did you find these monstrosities

Edited:

:10bux: it's facebook

7. Post #127
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts

Edited:

im good at makeup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts

Edited:

im good at makeup
    christ, I was eating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #129
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    where's the site with the guy who did nothing but things that look like this

because I'm pretty sure she just copied one of the pictures from there to help make her stuff look good

10. Post #130
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    to tineye!

Edited:

no results

11. Post #131
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    Well now I won't sleep for a week.

12. Post #132
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    Looks kinda like amanda bynes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    Saw this guy with about 8 grand of kit at a DH race, I'm actually surprised how pro this guy thinks he is.

http://www.inmotionphotography.ifp3.com/#/page/home/

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,853 Posts
    Saw this guy with about 8 grand of kit at a DH race, I'm actually surprised how pro this guy thinks he is.

Ugliest watermark holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,676 Posts

"You are not able to view this website on your mobile device."

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts

There's your problem.
    I can view it on my phone

17. Post #137
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    "You are not able to view this website on your mobile device."

:(
    flash a ha ha

here's a snip from his gallery

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    COPYRIGHT DOUCHE FAGGOT PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

19. Post #139
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    i got told by someone to watermark the fuck out of my photos then sell them with slightly smaller ones

Edited:

which by the way im gonna do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

20. Post #140
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    somewhat annoying but not intrusive watermark on stuff normally, then take it off and leave a signature mark small in a corner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

21. Post #141
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    i got told by someone to watermark the fuck out of my photos then sell them with slightly smaller ones

Edited:

which by the way im gonna do
    Why.

Edited:

The only time you should ever watermark your photos is if it is for a client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Why.

Edited:

The only time you should ever watermark your photos is if it is for a client.
    well fuck me, really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,836 Posts

Technically they're not bad photographs...

But... 8 grand of equipment for THESE shots?

He wasted a lot of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,857 Posts
    flash a ha ha

here's a snip from his gallery

DOUBLE WATERMARKS FOR DOUBLE THE PROTECTION
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    he's acting like people actually want to take them

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,504 Posts
    There's a girl I know that gets on my nerves sometimes. Her photos are just really bland, but she never shuts up about how she needs a $2000 DSLR because she's going to be a famous photographer. What really grinds me about it is that there's another girl in the school that's way better and doesn't shovel it down everyone's throat, but the other one is regarded as being better. /rant

27. Post #147
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

Edited:

makes a change from my normal one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,254 Posts
    I wish I had that guys money :(
    I know some girls who have dslrs and don't seem to even use them, well I haven't seen any shots published.
    I think some are doing photography next year in sixth form so i'll see what happens.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,294 Posts
    i know a "that guy"
    he did awful tshirt designs that were literally scribbles in illustrator from a tablet
    he constantly hyped himself and his work when it's all just filtered up shit off a low end canon dslr

everyone seemed to love him and his work.

30. Post #150
    I know a "That guy"
    He bought a 7d because he thinks he can be pro with it and he likes the 'kachlak' sound.

He runs around with his 7d while Im taking photos with my 450d and calls my camera gay-cheap shit.
    And everyone seemed to love his camera. I have yet to see a single photo taken with his 7d.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,197 Posts
    If you don't like the guy, so what?

Delete him on facebook if it bugs you that much. You're not benefitting himself or yourself by bitching about him on a forum.

Tell him to his face if you want something done about it, don't pretend to be his friend then stab him in the back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Isle of Man Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    If you don't like the guy, so what?

Delete him on facebook if it bugs you that much. You're not benefitting himself or yourself by bitching about him on a forum.

Tell him to his face if you want something done about it, don't pretend to be his friend then stab him in the back.
    I can't tell if you're just talking to the guy above you or not, because the whole point of this thread was to bitch about these people on a forum.

It's always nice to bitch about people sometimes, and this is a relatively harmless way to do it, so I really see nothing wrong with it.

33. Post #153
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    honestly, I try and nudge my 'that guys' towards not being so bad, but even telling them right out that they're being dumb/snobby about something will just get them to think you're being dumb/snobby/jealous of them. That's kind of why they make the list.

I won't just drop friends for being that guy, because they're still worth something outside their photography. I think you'd have to be pretty shallow, and that gets a little redundant. The ones I CAN drop are one-offs that I just happen to run into constantly at conventions.

34. Post #154
    October 2007
    391 Posts
    There's "that guy" in other fields too.

I'm into electronic music, when I mix I use an old pair of Stanton PT-2000 turntables and a Stanton SK-one mixer, which while not being useless piles of junk (in fact, I like the simplicity and ease-of-use of these machines) they remain relatively low-end cheap stuff. For my live composing I use an eeePC loaded with Renoise and Puredata on Linux, an M-Audio Trigger-Finger MIDI controller, and the ONE relatively high-end device I have, an M-Audio FastTrack Pro audio interface.

So all in all I think I could replace all of my stuff for under 2000. I like it that way, I'm not afraid to bring my stuff to parties and getting beer all over it, and I can pack for a gig with a simple back pack (not when mixing, turntables are fucking heavy).

But invariably, I'll get other musicians come up to me and comment on my set-up like they need to validate the size of their penis. They have expensive Macbooks, Moog synths, Technics 1200s and all the rest. Call me jealous? Sure, any one of their devices costs as much as all my stuff combined, and I'd love to have the money to splash on that kind of kit, but does it make them better musicians? Not when they don't understand their kit, and can't remember how to plug it all together, and don't even know how to beatmatch.

I'm not saying all rich electronic musicians are bad, in fact quite the opposite, but I notice a trend of musicians gloating about their kit and not even knowing what half the knobs do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    Oh god this guy's got a Tumblr now. Latest post kills me inside, just look at his rates!

http://mbmedia.tumblr.com/

Edited:

For goodness' sake, these guys are friends apparently: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chloe...7844060?ref=ts

36. Post #156
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    Oh god this guy's got a Tumblr now. Latest post kills me inside, just look at his rates!

http://mbmedia.tumblr.com/

Edited:

For goodness' sake, these guys are friends apparently: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chloe...7844060?ref=ts

thats amaaaaziiiiinggg !!

Edited:

grate shot~!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #157
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts

wow, photoshop skills right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

38. Post #158
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    it's worse than we thought

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    Oh man we're elitist pricks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,706 Posts
    Oh man we're elitist pricks
    I think there's a line in which we're allowed to sit back and laugh as we wonder how on earth some people get such egos as to do the stuff we post about in this thread.

Have you ever been to the DeviantArt Appreciation Station? THEY take it to a whole new level.