Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    hopefully he doesn't go "pro photographer yes that's me" on me

2. Post #362
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,355 Posts
    if he does you have to kill him. it's the only way.

3. Post #363
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,654 Posts
    To be fair that camera isn't anything special.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #364
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,455 Posts
    u can only buy dslr if u r already pro bb or i will prject my insecurities abt my ur photographic motivations on u

real tlak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    is PBR really that powerful bopie

6. Post #366
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,455 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

7. Post #367
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    you probably shouldn't drink it if it comes out of the can as a powder!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    instant PBR powder

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,081 Posts
    instant PBR powder
    It's hipsterriffic?

10. Post #370
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    you know what else is powerfultrees

11. Post #371
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    are you high?

12. Post #372
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    are you high?
    it's bhazard, the first conclusion to make is 'drunk'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #374
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts

15. Post #375
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,225 Posts
    olyumpus

16. Post #376
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts

sad thing is he's actually got a few interesting items, it's just the terrible way he presents himself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    WHY DO PeoPle taLk lIkE tHIs??!??!

Also, one of my friends is in my photography class and he thinks every picture he takes is amazing. For instance (Don't have a photo to reference) he developed one photo of an out of focus pine cone and the trees in the back were in focus. He went around showing everybody saying "Tell me this picture isn't sick." NO IT'S NOT SICK BRO.
    Oh, and today we started photoshop in our photography class and I was helping everyone in my class with different things since I knew more than the teacher (Not even lying. I showed her that you could turn the tolerance down when you use the magic wand tool) and he calls me over and asks where to get high resolution images -Required for the project- and I told him to go to google images and sort them by large. He then proceeds to say "I'll just get them off facebook." and he whips out this

and starts telling me he edited it a little and how "legit" it was.
    Don't know how well I can portray him with text, but it's SO ANNOYING. I'll see if I can steal one of his pictures and scan it in.

dkasjgnare;jklgberaghtrh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

18. Post #378
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    I'm curious about that diamond lens flare, as there's WAY too many instances of it but it looks properish. I know old economy cameras like my Mamiya/Sekor 528tl have a weird 2-bladed aperture, where it's like a crab's claw pinching down two L-shaped brackets to create the diamond shape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    I'm curious about that diamond lens flare, as there's WAY too many instances of it but it looks properish. I know old economy cameras like my Mamiya/Sekor 528tl have a weird 2-bladed aperture, where it's like a crab's claw pinching down two L-shaped brackets to create the diamond shape.
    I think the lens flare is legitimate. He's terrible with any editing program so I don't think he'd know how to add one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

20. Post #380
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    I think I may know a few of "those guys". This one guy with a D3100 that only used it for about a week then forgot about it. He's also a "that guy" when it comes to drawings. This girl I've talked to with a "~passion~" for photography. I'll elaborate tomorrow. Stay tuned!

21. Post #381
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    diamond lens flare on old video cameras

22. Post #382
    June 2007
    218 Posts

sad thing is he's actually got a few interesting items, it's just the terrible way he presents himself
    no fucking way that's actually his work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #383
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    So, back to that girl with a "~passion~" for photography. She started her own company on Facebook called, "Arts Picture Perfect Photography. Here is two "edits".

She calls herself a "photographer" but when I asked her if she knew what aperture or things are she just said that photography is her passion and she didn't care if she knew what that stuff was. I've been trying to help her with criticism and such but she ignores me. As a matter of fact. She even went through a period of depression because I gave her constructive criticism. She went on about quitting photography for life because she was shit at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #384
    August 2011
    1,202 Posts
    She calls herself a "photographer" but when I asked her if she knew what aperture or things are she just said that photography is her passion and she didn't care if she knew what that stuff was.
    Photography is my passion, i just don't know how to do it.

What a clever girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    I am passionate about the culinary arts

here's a toaster strudel I drew a smiley face on with the frosting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,855 Posts
    My CANONEX had a diamond aperture. It's also weird how it's longer on one side than the other

27. Post #387
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    My CANONEX had a diamond aperture. It's also weird how it's longer on one side than the other
    the Canonex was manufactured by Mamiya with a body extremely similar to the next model up from mine, the Mamiya Auto-Lux 35, only difference down to the 528tl I have is the gigantic front-mounted light meter.

Anyways, the aperture diamond is two L-brackets that are on a single hinge, so they open and close like a crab claw and that causes one end to be more pinched in than the other, depending on how closed it is. It's probably a more even shape when it's more open, or maybe when it's most closed... I don't have the camera on me right now to tinker around and figure that out, heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,700 Posts
    So, back to that girl with a "~passion~" for photography. She started her own company on Facebook called, "Arts Picture Perfect Photography. Here is two "edits".

She calls herself a "photographer" but when I asked her if she knew what aperture or things are she just said that photography is her passion and she didn't care if she knew what that stuff was. I've been trying to help her with criticism and such but she ignores me. As a matter of fact. She even went through a period of depression because I gave her constructive criticism. She went on about quitting photography for life because she was shit at it.
    omG YOU are SO MeaN i', QITtIN fotoGRAPheeeEE for-like-EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Iceland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    omG YOU are SO MeaN i', QITtIN fotoGRAPheeeEE for-like-EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Yeah. Pretty much.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    166 Posts
    People that can't take criticism shouldn't be doing photography IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #391
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    People that can't take criticism shouldn't be doing photography IMO.
    if you put THIS up and don't expect criticism

[release][/release]

then you shouldn't be using a computer either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,855 Posts
    In their minds "all cc is wrong, every photographer that doesn't like my photos are just jealous of my work because all my friends say i'm the best ever"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #393
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

that is for sale in an exhibition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,081 Posts

At least it's better than presenting himself oh so professionally and having absolutely shite work.

35. Post #395
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    At least it's better than presenting himself oh so professionally and having absolutely shite work.
    draw in a crowd and disappoint them, or give people the impression you're a high school girl and no one discovers you actually take OK pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    June 2007
    218 Posts

"This is my favorite shot I took of her. She looked so beautiful and relaxed!"

Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,979 Posts

Fuck.
    Fuck.

38. Post #398
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

Fuck.
    Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

39. Post #399
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    So, back to that girl with a "~passion~" for photography
    speaking of,

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,675 Posts
    ugh. I do 3D pre-visualization for architects and junk. The current client of mine, who works with lots of chain restaurants, always, ALWAYS hires a 'professional' to go to a location, often nearby me, and pays them a fuckton of money for a set of shots to use as references for our 3D modeling on new projects.

99% of the time, pictures are worthless/unusable and I have to do lots of guesswork to figure out dimensions of things, google up images of things like drink machines because they snapped a picture of the one in the store from across the building and I can't do anything with it, etc. I have to rely mostly on "well that kinda looks like this" trial and error.

I've picked up a habit of checking the exif data of stuff, and there are two types of cameras these paid professionals use for reference:

1: a kodak easy share from five years ago
    2: Canon 1Ds MkII with an ungodly lens but pinching light at f/22 like no one's god damn business

I think this is the first time they sent someone out armed with both. The location is barely 30 minutes away from here and I keep telling them I'm more than humanly capable of taking a picture, PLUS I actually know what things I need pictures of and how to capture them effectively for modeling reference

that CLIENT

Edited:

bonus content, the exif of the eos picture contains the guy's website. This site looks circa 1997, but was updated barely 2 weeks ago.

~ http://proshooter.com/ ~