1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,857 Posts
    I've watched this girl evolve from being a myspace-photo taker attention seeker who has the 'business' "Kim's Photo Editing" to a 'model' who does lots of stuff with fake blood and looks like something out of an 80's punk band, to a photographer who absolutely needs a D3 to go do club gigs

Least she's not going for the D3s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,090 Posts
    Looks like a case of Portrait Professional here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    Dennab
    May 2011
    78 Posts
    U smell, u have a gross ode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    quality posting here boys

5. Post #325
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,361 Posts
    What are you doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    rain cloud

what a name

7. Post #327
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    rain cloud

what a name
    it's Kim something, but ~model name~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

help me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #329
    May 2011
    886 Posts
    How do start photograpy?

I mean, a decent camera is quite big right?
    Wouldn't it get stolen if you're walking around looking to take pictures of stuff?

10. Post #330
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,361 Posts
    How do start photograpy?

I mean, a decent camera is quite big right?
    Wouldn't it get stolen if you're walking around looking to take pictures of stuff?
    Only if you walk around in a bad neighbourhood, I guess.
    What's your budget?

11. Post #331
    May 2011
    886 Posts
    Only if you walk around in a bad neighbourhood, I guess.
    What's your budget?
    I can't really say I'd do anything than take black and white shots of my shoes.
    I'm just asking do you just carry a camera around constantly or do you identify a location first then get your camera?

12. Post #332
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,361 Posts
    You just do whatever floats your boat. I personally take my camera with me, almost where ever I go.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,264 Posts
    Every damn time I read this thread

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,686 Posts
    Every damn time I read this thread

When I read this thread, I casually keep a straight face, and throw my camera against the wall.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,264 Posts
    I figure that it's time to contribute now.

This guy is one of those ~artsy~ jock types whose parents bought him a nice camera and shits all over Facebook with his amazing "knowledge." These photos speak for themselves:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #336
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    a twat who found a mirror?
    speaks for itself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,545 Posts
    I think I've said this before, but it never ceases to amaze me how shitty in technical quality some of the photos taken by "That Guy"s are (i.e. number two above.) Obviously a nice camera doesn't equate to artistically nice pictures, but I just don't understand how so many of them can be so bad in terms of actual image quality - there's only so much that skill can separate you in that regard, modern DSLRs are pretty powerful even on Full Auto. It's like these guys try to make their images look like they were taken by a point-and-shoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,516 Posts
    I've definitely seen worse, but it's still very far from inspiring.

Edited:

I hate the way he just grabs the LCD with his fingers like that.

Edited:

Content

I got an aneurysm when I saw that lens flare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #339
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,700 Posts
    I've watched this girl evolve from being a myspace-photo taker attention seeker who has the 'business' "Kim's Photo Editing" to a 'model' who does lots of stuff with fake blood and looks like something out of an 80's punk band, to a photographer who absolutely needs a D3 to go do club gigs

I hate people like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #340
    I don't even think you can comprehend how not ass damaged i am.
    August 2009
    4,213 Posts
    probably one of the worst scene kid modeling/photoshoot things Facebook page ever, whom ever does this needs to stop.....it's insulting to my eyes http://www.facebook.com/Icefiredbs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #341
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,238 Posts
    omg avenged sevenfold does designs now!?!?

22. Post #342
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    probably one of the worst scene kid modeling/photoshoot things Facebook page ever, whom ever does this needs to stop.....it's insulting to my eyes http://www.facebook.com/Icefiredbs
    "ARGAFAARGNARGLARG 1,000 LIKES O; YAYYAYYAYY"

you can have your thousand random facebook scene kids. I'll keep the 200 people who found my page because they were clients or we talked face to face and they liked my work enough to hunt it down themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    "ARGAFAARGNARGLARG 1,000 LIKES O; YAYYAYYAYY"

you can have your thousand random facebook scene kids. I'll keep the 200 people who found my page because they were clients or we talked face to face and they liked my work enough to hunt it down themselves.
    Keep telling yourself that, you are an amateur compared to her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #344
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

25. Post #345
    I don't even think you can comprehend how not ass damaged i am.
    August 2009
    4,213 Posts
    why does god create these people?

26. Post #346
    December 2010
    387 Posts
    why does god create these people?
    If god were real, there would be but smoldering ground beneath such peasants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #347
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    ohgodohgodohgod

SC managed to find a cool place to urbex... with cosplayers

I don't know about you guys but there's a time and a place for casual 'hay guys can I get some pics of my work in progress maid outfit' cosplay photos, and even then I wouldn't trust a large girl with actually making it to anywhere in urbexing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

28. Post #348
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    at least he understands this now

Edited:

first edited pictures up on facebook

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #349
    December 2010
    387 Posts
    at least he understands this now

I love how quickly you managed to screenshot this.

Your contempt for this guy is well amusing, and deserved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #350
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    he doesn't stop posting on facebook, it's hard to miss him

I think the part that irks me is that he constantly does the opposite of any advice I give, but at the same time always asks for help

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,095 Posts

THE LENS FLARES! THEY BURN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,686 Posts
    http://buckswildlifephotography.word...tunnel-vision/

Shoot with a 1Ds Mark 3 + 800mm f/5.6, apply gaussian blur around the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

33. Post #353
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    http://buckswildlifephotography.word...tunnel-vision/

Shoot with a 1Ds Mark 3 + 800mm f/5.6, apply gaussian blur around the face.
    my brain hurts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

34. Post #354
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    In this image…. This is what I’m seeing…… Sometime when I’m photographing bears in Alaska ……… This is all I see through the view finder…… Then I have to slap myself and get back into the game of photography the way it should be …….. SAFETY FIRST…….

I’ll be leaving Montana in 7 days to move permanently back home to Alaska, where I will be photographing my bears again…. But this time I’m not only going to photograph bears …… I will be photographing “Alaska” in all her beauty.
    so... artistic.... thank you..... for sharing...... with the world....... we need to see........ more of your......... beautiful vision...........

Edited:

I have to say, the rest of his stuff isn't too bad actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #355
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    I have........ an idea

blur the bear..... TURNWAYS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #356
    January 2011
    833 Posts
    I have to say, the rest of his stuff isn't too bad actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    158 Posts
    *another quick definition, there's also "that girl", the teenager whose parents just bought them a canon rebel and immediately they have twelve albums labeled ~*ART*~ on facebook full of selective coloring and ten thousand duck-faces.
    I have at least 10 people in my friends list on Facebook which fit that. Most of them haven't even heard of Flickr I'd imagine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #358
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,654 Posts
    My girlfriend actually spotted this bright upstart

Yep

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    one of my classmates intended to get a Nokia N8 since it has a great camera and he does some light snapping
    he decided to instead buy a Canon 450D

I don't know much about photography at all, but that seems like a pretty big leap

40. Post #360
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    one of my classmates intended to get a Nokia N8 since it has a great camera and he does some light snapping
    he decided to instead buy a Canon 450D

I don't know much about photography at all, but that seems like a pretty big leap
    that's not really being "that guy", unless he kept bragging about it or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)