1. Post #161
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Seems like mixing 3D2D and static UI is sort of a waste

The whole point of the 3D2D UI is to eliminate any hint of non-realism in the UI, personally I'd either spice up all of the UI or make all of it 3D2D

2. Post #162
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Impossible to make Derma in 3d2d (just found out)... just gonna remodel parts of it.

3. Post #163
    October 2009
    5,853 Posts
    Impossible to make Derma in 3d2d (just found out)... just gonna remodel parts of it.

check overv lua dump Derma 3D2D vgui
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #164

May 2011
    3 Posts
    hey. just found this mod.

I tought since the W3 parasite mode, i would never find a game like this.

i try to join your serv, but i cant find anywhere mor_judgement_b2. got any link ?

5. Post #165
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    hey. just found this mod.

I tought since the W3 parasite mode, i would never find a game like this.

i try to join your serv, but i cant find anywhere mor_judgement_b2. got any link ?
    You will download it when you join the server.

Update:

Finished Holographic HUD
    Adding new weapons
    New models for humans

UPDATE:

MASSIVE Update added to server
    Well massive if you ask me
    4 new weapons
    -Beretta11
    -SR4
    -lz300
    -MP7
    Scar M8 Reskinned
    3D2D Holographic HUD
    All maps rearmed to have new weapons
    mor_judgement updated
    Missing sounds on F7 and G22X fixed
    FastDL optimization (FASTER DL TIMES!)

Currently the content is ~22MB bzip2
    This excludes maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #166

May 2011
    3 Posts
    the downloading bar dont move...

edit : just seen the Fastdownload/IE trick. work now.

7. Post #167
    June 2010
    12 Posts
    So I played this for a little while with some friends, and while it's quite fun at times, we came across a few annoying things.

If you're playing and communicating with friends, it's very much a bitch to remember who is who due to the random names. The scoreboard fades in very slowly, so it's difficult to constantly reference it. I'd either have the name show up in your hud, or make the scoreboard appear much faster.

There's very little feedback from hitting someone with a bullet. Most games include hit markers/sounds to confirm you're doing damage to the enemy. Adding some sort of hit sound or marker would make hitting an enemy feel much more rewarding, and confirm that you're on target. Also semi related, if you're not already using hull traces for the melee attacks I'd really recommend doing so.

Last one, it doesn't seem there are many opportunities you can use the upgrade menu. Not certain but it only seems to be while you're alive as a brood alien? Standing around trying to decide where to put my points typically takes up a lot of my time. Not sure exactly how to fix this, but pointing it out.

Anyway, other than that it's quite fun, hope you consider this stuff. Any input would be nice as well.

8. Post #168
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    So I played this for a little while with some friends, and while it's quite fun at times, we came across a few annoying things.

If you're playing and communicating with friends, it's very much a bitch to remember who is who due to the random names. The scoreboard fades in very slowly, so it's difficult to constantly reference it. I'd either have the name show up in your hud, or make the scoreboard appear much faster.

There's very little feedback from hitting someone with a bullet. Most games include hit markers/sounds to confirm you're doing damage to the enemy. Adding some sort of hit sound or marker would make hitting an enemy feel much more rewarding, and confirm that you're on target. Also semi related, if you're not already using hull traces for the melee attacks I'd really recommend doing so.

Last one, it doesn't seem there are many opportunities you can use the upgrade menu. Not certain but it only seems to be while you're alive as a brood alien? Standing around trying to decide where to put my points typically takes up a lot of my time. Not sure exactly how to fix this, but pointing it out.

Anyway, other than that it's quite fun, hope you consider this stuff. Any input would be nice as well.
    @Hit markers, no sorry
    @Hull traces, already am
    @Scoreboard, Just sped up the fade in and out time
    @Communicating with friends, technically your not supposed to know who your friends are in game, thats the reason for fake names, i try to make it so you have to make allies with people you don't really know well.
    @Upgrade Menu, if you have just become infected you may upgrade before you respawn as a brood alien. If you get upgrade points then you will have to press C and upgrade it, leaving you vulnerable.
    If you are holding down W or another movement key when you press C to open the upgrade menu, you will continue moving. You can upgrade in human form also.

9. Post #169
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    For a hit marker, make the alien screech incredibly loudly or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #170
    June 2010
    12 Posts
    For a hit marker, make the alien screech incredibly loudly or something.
    Indeed, just an audible confirmation that you hit.

11. Post #171
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    BRB making a sound file you can use for the alien getting hit.
    Give us an hour or two to get it high quality and not me just going "BLARRR" into the mic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Garrysmod.org refuses to let me upload the 2nd half of content pack... great...

Also

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

13. Post #173
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    jesus christ thats sexy

Is that based on code from that sphere HUD on Gmod.org or is it 3D2D HUD that floats in front of you?
    I remember having a 3D2D ammo indicator float above your gun in one of my gamemodes hehe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    jesus christ thats sexy

Is that based on code from that sphere HUD on Gmod.org or is it 3D2D HUD that floats in front of you?
    I remember having a 3D2D ammo indicator float above your gun in one of my gamemodes hehe
    The code is made from scratch, it just uses 2 different cam.Start2D3D which are angled to give it a 3d spherical effect.

The ammo indicator is from something on garrysmod.org that the guy who made ZMercs made.

15. Post #175
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Yeah wow I just came back to say I didn't even know you put on an ammo indicator

This holographic HUD really makes a huge difference, nice job
    Are you going to keep trying to get Overv's 3d2d derma library working or will you just stick to 2D menus for the upgrades?

16. Post #176
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Yeah wow I just came back to say I didn't even know you put on an ammo indicator

This holographic HUD really makes a huge difference, nice job
    Are you going to keep trying to get Overv's 3d2d derma library working or will you just stick to 2D menus for the upgrades?

HTML panels won't work in the 3d2d derma library, ill have to come up with another way to display information like rules and stuff.
    Maybe if i complain enough to garry he'll make them work? I cant override any of it since i don't have the source of it, and its not in Lua.

17. Post #177
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    HTML panels won't work in the 3d2d derma library, ill have to come up with another way to display information like rules and stuff.
    Maybe if i complain enough to garry he'll make them work? I cant override any of it since i don't have the source of it, and its not in Lua.
    Why do you need HTML panels in the first place?

18. Post #178
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    -Snip-
    Ill just do it.

19. Post #179
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Why do you need HTML panels in the first place?
    I have the rules and everything in HTML so i can easily change it by modifying the html file in my dropbox.
    I prefer that method over, well, any other.

20. Post #180
    October 2009
    5,254 Posts
    This gamemode looks great. Will try it out when people join the server

21. Post #181
    April 2011
    39 Posts

:D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    Heard in-game that someone was wanting something like a long ranged attack that is upgradeable for the alien. or a quick kill feature, does anyone like the sound of something like that? :D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #183
    November 2011
    2 Posts
    Hello, I just recently found this mod and I have to say it looks great. Very atmospheric, and I can see a lot of work has gone into it.
    I would like to see this evolve into something a lot of people play, as it deserves the recognition.
    I have seen a few good mods die off here and there, but I offer my encouragement in the hope it won't happen here.
    Awesome work, however, I must now take over the world, so I bid you adieu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    Hello, I just recently found this mod and I have to say it looks great. Very atmospheric, and I can see a lot of work has gone into it.
    I would like to see this evolve into something a lot of people play, as it deserves the recognition.
    I have seen a few good mods die off here and there, but I offer my encouragement in the hope it won't happen here.
    Awesome work, however, I must now take over the world, so I bid you adieu.
    I think it may just be me, but that seems like a very generic post you could put into any thread on here.
    In other words, smells like a possible spam bot, but without the advertising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    November 2011
    2 Posts
    I think it may just be me, but that seems like a very generic post you could put into any thread on here.
    In other words, smells like a possible spam bot, but without the advertising.
    You've figured out my divine plan to not sell things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    You've figured out my divine plan to not sell things.
    It was just VERY generic.
    Also first posts like that are generally not like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,974 Posts
    It was just VERY generic.
    Also first posts like that are generally not like that.
    Not all people who have just joined are unable to spell even the most basic of things.
    It's just the majority.

Anyway, welcome on the forums, PartyCake!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

28. Post #188
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    Well this is starting to get off track, what would any of you guys
    like to see in Morbus? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Computer PSU died, ill be gone for a few more days.
    Ill code the paranoia script when i get back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    So, while Rem is away, anyone want to schedule a game?

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    428 Posts
    I played this a while ago, it's quite fun. I'd like to map for this gamemode, and maybe host a server.

How would I go about mapping, Remscar? Would I make the map, then send it to you to add the necessary entities for the eat/sleep/piss locations? Or would you be kind enough to send me them so I can do it myself? :P

32. Post #192
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,464 Posts
    Wow this looks like a great gamemode. I'll have to re-download gmod now to play it

when I play it and get a sense of what it's like I might try making a map for it

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    277 Posts
    I used to host the original parasite gamemode, good times.
    If you want a UK server then i'd happily host one as long as it was used.
    Send me a pm anytime if your interested.

34. Post #194
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    FInal vote on Morbus's name
    Rate AGREE for "The Colony: Morbus" (The Colony for short I suppose)
    Rate DISAGREE for "Parasite 2"
    Rate ZING to not change the name.

Tell everyone you know who plays Morbus to vote
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #195
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Morbus server has been updated to the latest version of Garrysmod.

36. Post #196
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Name voting ends 12/4/2011 6:00PM PST

Incoming updates:
    New scoreboard, not 3D2D (Unless i somehow change my mind)
    More upgrades
    Paranoia

37. Post #197
    August 2011
    46 Posts
    I played on the server with 16 people, and the only thing I can complain about is the -occasional- RDM. Either then that, its fun tricking a brood by saying "I want to be a brood, so just kill me now" and pulling a shotgun to their face when they turn <3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    June 2010
    341 Posts
    I think the FastDL is broken, whenever I join the server with mor_skandalon_b3, it says I am missing map
    maps/mor_skandalon_b3... Is there a updated content pack I can download?

39. Post #199
    December 2005
    43 Posts
    for the name vote.
    The Thing The Gamemode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I think the FastDL is broken, whenever I join the server with mor_skandalon_b3, it says I am missing map
    maps/mor_skandalon_b3... Is there a updated content pack I can download?
    Type net_maxfilesize 64 into your console.
    FastDL works, its a problem on your side.