1. Post #201
    February 2010
    1,015 Posts
    this reminds of AVP 2's survival mode, hell yeah.

2. Post #202
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    SERVER PORT CHANGED FROM 27015 to 27016
    66.85.147.170:27016

Is the new server IP. Same IP, just different port!

3. Post #203
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Server is back online. It decided to fix itself, praise the lord!
    66.85.147.170:27015

Edit:

I find it funny how i see people reading this thread, but nobody ever replies... :(

4. Post #204
    August 2011
    46 Posts
    I replied. Infact, I think this is a very awesome gamemode, and it gives me the chills when im alone and I hear two broods use their transform howl.

Also, I had an idea. For Utility, maybe make it so if you have a point in it and press R, you can do the same scream that a brood does when he transforms from human to brood, upset you have to stand still for it. This helps if you tell three swarm's to rush for you, then utilize it to blind a group of humans, letting the swarms attack easier.

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    322 Posts
    Suggestion: When Nightmare Mod Is Enabled It would be scarier with a song like this.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvN57M8Nevk . I would be scared to death screaming

6. Post #206
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I replied. Infact, I think this is a very awesome gamemode, and it gives me the chills when im alone and I hear two broods use their transform howl.

Also, I had an idea. For Utility, maybe make it so if you have a point in it and press R, you can do the same scream that a brood does when he transforms from human to brood, upset you have to stand still for it. This helps if you tell three swarm's to rush for you, then utilize it to blind a group of humans, letting the swarms attack easier.
    Ive thought of that, however you can always just transform out/in of alien form to do that, since the cooldown is only for switching into alien form, not out of, and it starts counting down when you switch in.

Edit:
    Work on Thanatos a new Morbus map has begun.
    The map will be set on a foreign planet in some kind of run down industrial colony.
    There will be many ways to reach a single place in the map.
    Primarily there will be only 3 floors, but there is a sewer, underground passages, maintenance shafts, and other hidden paths.
    The map is centered around a main building, with 4 other buildings surrounding it each containing a need location.
    There will be a generator and an armory.

7. Post #207
    August 2011
    46 Posts
    Can you make it so humans can also access these shafts? I love using them to escape from clueless swarms XD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    Just a quick suggestion:

You were talking about changing your name to a permanent one which you could manually change later (if you donated).

What if you made a pop up box if you pressed say.. F4... which had to boxes- first and last name. You could edit your name from there and press enter, and it would change at the end of the round.

Maybe you could put the model in there as well is people have donated more..

just an idea :S

-Nick_9_8

9. Post #209
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Just a quick suggestion:

You were talking about changing your name to a permanent one which you could manually change later (if you donated).

What if you made a pop up box if you pressed say.. F4... which had to boxes- first and last name. You could edit your name from there and press enter, and it would change at the end of the round.

Maybe you could put the model in there as well is people have donated more..

just an idea :S

-Nick_9_8
    You have to donate again each time you want to change your name, same with model.

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,008 Posts
    I couldn't help but notice your wallpapers are looking a bit... shoddy (no offence intended). If you want I could try and whip a few up in my spare time, I think I've got some cool ideas.

Edit:

Alright, here's what I've got so far:

and this:

I'll add the title and such later. Is it good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I couldn't help but notice your wallpapers are looking a bit... shoddy (no offence intended). If you want I could try and whip a few up in my spare time, I think I've got some cool ideas.

Edit:

Alright, here's what I've got so far:

and this:

I'll add the title and such later. Is it good?
    I like the bottom one, i think ill put them up in the load screen rotation. Thank you!

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,008 Posts
    I like the bottom one, i think ill put them up in the load screen rotation. Thank you!
    Awesome.

13. Post #213
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    New gameplay video

14. Post #214
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    Would people like to see a longer version of the Gamemode? like a special day we could have a change in the play. Something to elongate the Game time, Any Ideas?

Edit: More paranoia more phun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    367 Posts
    At what time is your server actually active? I want to try this and the info in op seems to always have no one. Thinking of making a map once I've tried it.

16. Post #216
    December 2005
    43 Posts
    At what time is your server actually active? I want to try this and the info in op seems to always have no one. Thinking of making a map once I've tried it.
    It depends.. i would recommend gather a few friends up and start playing for yourself in about 15 minutes, i had 4-5 lads joining with me and in about an hour later, the server was on 20+ people on (but i could have been lucky who knows)

Or just join the steam group and wait for Remscar to make a event.

17. Post #217
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,785 Posts
    Yeah, Morbus, like a lot of games, requires a kick-start. It suffers from the domino effect.

Thought process of average player while viewing servers with different player counts
    0 Players: "Hmm, the game must be pretty boring if no one is playing" / "I don't like playing games by myself."
    1 Player: "Game probably isn't that good if only one person is playing" / "I don't like playing games with only one other person"
    2 Players: "Hmm, game's probably not that good if only two people are playing"
    4 Players: "Hmm, this game may actually be pretty good if you got 4 people playing."
    6 Players: "This game must be doing okay, so I think I'll join."
    8+ Players: "This game must be pretty good to have that many people playing."

Basically, if you can get three or four friends to play, then the game server should fill up at a fairly decent rate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,543 Posts
    The server just had a huge spike in population.

Needless to say, me and my friends are now regulars. In honor of the event, let's have a story of one of their scarier moments.

I was searching for the guy after being turned into a brood alien. I saw him in food, and walked in pretending to eat. I saw him aiming at me, and thought "oh fuck he knows I didn't emote he's onto me." I slowly scan the room, looking for him. When I saw him, I shifted and charged. I didn't get him all the way dead, but another brood alien finished him off.

apparently that really got him freaked out.

19. Post #219

April 2011
    3 Posts
    I feel so special that I played this gamemode when it was like not even in Alpha :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    June 2009
    39 Posts
    I got so hyped when i saw this,that i had to go and make a logo wallpaper for it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)

21. Post #221
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,456 Posts
    I just joined the server, you need some serious improvements in the map department. I'll go on the server tomorrow when it's more active so I can get a better understanding at what you have to do in the game, so I can get to work on a map for this.

22. Post #222
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I got so hyped when i saw this,that i had to go and make a logo wallpaper for it!
    Oh my fucking god. You are amazing. I hate to bitch, but what does M.O.R.B.U.S stand for? (The gamemode name isnt an acronym, but still ohmygod)

@Diealready
    Feel free to chat with me on steam if you have any other questions

23. Post #223
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    I really do like this gamemode, but it's not really... well, it doesn't really feel the way it should.

Most of the time, I'm either wandering around or camping in a hallway with a small selection of people. The combat with the aliens is okay at times, but I've seen it all before and it's nothing out of the ordinary. The guns are very good by Gmod standards but, again, nothing unique or different. But the biggest let down is the fact that there's no fear or no paranoia to the game. Sure, one of my camping buddies could be an alien, but that's not really scary. Neither is the dark atmosphere and lighting effects or the parts of the game where I'm by myself.

I know that it's extremely hard to re-create fear in online gaming because of the lack of immersion within the game, but it's a pity nonetheless. However, I do have some suggestions!

-Try to make the players value their human lives more.
    -Try to explore aspects of multiple environments that match different tactics with different weapons, like in Dead Space.
    -At the moment, alien gameplay seems to be about either rushing in large numbers or waiting for a player to be separated from a group due to need bars. Humans tend to just treat the rounds like short battles or traditional zombie / Halo infection gameplay. This probably needs to be addressed.
    -Don't force actions on players. This kills off a lot of the fear and immersion. If they walk into the wrong room or trust the wrong person, it should stem from their own actions and this will make the game much more scarier.
    -Doors are shit scary. Nothing worse than opening one small door to four huge monsters.

What do you think?

24. Post #224
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I really do like this gamemode, but it's not really... well, it doesn't really feel the way it should.

Most of the time, I'm either wandering around or camping in a hallway with a small selection of people. The combat with the aliens is okay at times, but I've seen it all before and it's nothing out of the ordinary. The guns are very good by Gmod standards but, again, nothing unique or different. But the biggest let down is the fact that there's no fear or no paranoia to the game. Sure, one of my camping buddies could be an alien, but that's not really scary. Neither is the dark atmosphere and lighting effects or the parts of the game where I'm by myself.

I know that it's extremely hard to re-create fear in online gaming because of the lack of immersion within the game, but it's a pity nonetheless. However, I do have some suggestions!

-Try to make the players value their human lives more.
    -Try to explore aspects of multiple environments that match different tactics with different weapons, like in Dead Space.
    -At the moment, alien gameplay seems to be about either rushing in large numbers or waiting for a player to be separated from a group due to need bars. Humans tend to just treat the rounds like short battles or traditional zombie / Halo infection gameplay. This probably needs to be addressed.
    -Don't force actions on players. This kills off a lot of the fear and immersion. If they walk into the wrong room or trust the wrong person, it should stem from their own actions and this will make the game much more scarier.
    -Doors are shit scary. Nothing worse than opening one small door to four huge monsters.

What do you think?
    You give lots of good suggestions, and present a number of problems. However you provide no way of solving them.
    Maybe you can elaborate? I run into a lot of these problems myself, however it is hard to find a way to solve such issues....

Don't force actions on players. This kills off a lot of the fear and immersion. If they walk into the wrong room or trust the wrong person, it should stem from their own actions and this will make the game much more scarier.

Elaborate where i do this, and how to fix this or make it different.

Try to explore aspects of multiple environments that match different tactics with different weapons, like in Dead Space.
    That is a mapping aspect which needs to be addressed by mappers. I do my best to make maps, but at the most i produce one every 2-3 months.

At the moment, alien gameplay seems to be about either rushing in large numbers or waiting for a player to be separated from a group due to need bars. Humans tend to just treat the rounds like short battles or traditional zombie / Halo infection gameplay. This probably needs to be addressed.
    How do i change this? Brood aliens are supposed to take advantage of lone wanders, and when there are enough aliens, they rush in a big group. How do i lengthen the rounds or change this?

Try to make the players value their human lives more.
    How do i make players value their lives more when its a video game. What do i do to make this change?

Doors are shit scary. Nothing worse than opening one small door to four huge monsters.
    There needs to be aliens on the other side of the door for this to happen. Not all maps have doors, but many do.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,008 Posts
    Try to make the players value their human lives more.
    How do i make players value their lives more when its a video game. What do i do to make this change?
    It seems to me that, at the moment, playing as an alien offers a few more advantages to being a human. I'd recommend you make being a human a more enjoyable experience - provide benefits over being an alien other than the ability to use guns. For instance, a greater ability to turn the tables on the aliens can come in the form of better weaponry, or an enhanced skill that aliens don't possess.

Make it so playing a human is as radically different to playing an alien as possible. That way, players who are good at one thing will want to stay as their respective species, and it will thus become a greater loss when they're converted to a different playstyle that they may be lacking in.

Of course, all of this is theoretical and I'm little more than an ideas guy, so all this could just be retarded. Feel free to disregard it if it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #226
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,456 Posts
    The server was suddenly active an hour or two after my post last night, I couldn't stop playing it was so much fun.

Good work, Im gonna add you on steam remscar.

27. Post #227
    June 2009
    39 Posts
    Oh my fucking god. You are amazing. I hate to bitch, but what does M.O.R.B.U.S stand for? (The gamemode name isnt an acronym, but still ohmygod)
    Yeah, don't know why i put them there, but i made a new one (don't ask me why, because i really don't know, maybe it's becuase christmas is approaching).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Yeah, don't know why i put them there, but i made a new one (don't ask me why, because i really don't know, maybe it's becuase christmas is approaching).

They keep getting cooler

29. Post #229
    April 2007
    122 Posts
    They keep getting cooler
    Gonna have to agree.

That shit be bitchin'.

30. Post #230
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts

If you could make a 4:3/5:4 version (1280x1024 or larger) of the wall papers that would be awesome.

31. Post #231
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,456 Posts
    wow, server just crashed.

32. Post #232
    For whatever reason whenever I see a brood alien I get really loud and become a really bad black stereotype, it started as a joke, but now I can't stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    Manifestation Of Repudiating Bodiless Ultramontane Slayers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

34. Post #234
    June 2009
    39 Posts
    If you could make a 4:3/5:4 version (1280x1024 or larger) of the wall papers that would be awesome.
    If you want another res, just say so.

35. Post #235
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,785 Posts
    Manifestation Of Repudiating Bodiless Ultramontane Slayers
    Sounds like a techdeath or goregrind band.

36. Post #236
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    If you want another res, just say so.
    The letters seem a bit streched now, but still looks good

37. Post #237
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,760 Posts

@Diealready
    Feel free to chat with me on steam if you have any other questions
    MOReBUS

38. Post #238
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,806 Posts
    I had a scary moment yesterday where i went to open the door and a brood alien was behind the door, i screamed really load and died...

Also Remscar, i messaged you on steam asking you a question :P

39. Post #239
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Morbus now has a ModDB profile!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morbus

40. Post #240
    April 2011
    116 Posts
    Could we possibly get a download to the weapons and maybe the hud?