1. Post #4441
    I'm not resetting anytime soon here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #4442
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,149 Posts
    hooray
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4443
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,064 Posts
    I say we wait until halfway through 2012, then we think about getting a new map.
    Retoasting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4444
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,370 Posts
    Banned user SmokinChico until requested otherwise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #4445
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Banned user SmokinChico until requested otherwise
    Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #4446
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    He griefed the shaft in Klippan pretty hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

7. Post #4447
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    He griefed the shaft in Klippan pretty hard.
    Oh

8. Post #4448
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    To make it feel less lonely I made snowmen in each house so it seems inhabited.
    thanks. all the houses got filled with snow and my house farm got trampled and turned into snow

Edited:

brilliant idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4449
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,370 Posts
    Mob trap is nearly finished, expect moderately priced enchanted tools soon :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #4450
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Except it will be borked when rama finishes finite water
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #4451
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    I am already head over heels in that market. I will always be one step ahead of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #4452
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,149 Posts

Profan's Server: Now causing me to speak nonsense!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #4453
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,356 Posts
    Except it will be borked when rama finishes finite water
    I never liked finite water because it makes fountains and waterfalls impossible. Tbh it'd wreck the server if you opened the ocean to a cave, or any large under-sea level air pocket (Crampture, anything else underground, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #4454
    I never liked finite water because it makes fountains and waterfalls impossible. Tbh it'd wreck the server if you opened the ocean to a cave, or any large under-sea level air pocket (Crampture, anything else underground, etc)
    It wouldn't.

You should see how fast rama's plugin runs when it actually works, don't be so hasty to make judgement when you have no idea what actually goes on.

As well as limitations on how much resources it can actually eat up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4455
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    It wouldn't.

You should see how fast rama's plugin runs when it actually works, don't be so hasty to make judgement when you have no idea what actually goes on.

how does this work, exactly? I don't think it's a good idea to prevent people from making fountains and other decorative things with water, and there's also a lot of less common functional uses for water which finite water would make impossible. I do think it would be nice to make mob traps harder to operate, though, and as much as I might make use of the ability to climb with water, I don't think it needs to be there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #4456
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    what karkland should really have now is a sphinx

Edited:

It wouldn't.

maybe add some way to make "normal" water?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4457
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,620 Posts
    Or make a block that spawns 'traditional' water from the top, so people can still make fountains, waterfalls and the like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #4458
    how does this work, exactly? I don't think it's a good idea to prevent people from making fountains and other decorative things with water, and there's also a lot of less common functional uses for water which finite water would make impossible. I do think it would be nice to make mob traps harder to operate, though, and as much as I might make use of the ability to climb with water, I don't think it needs to be there.
    Fountains? Fountains were never really that important, like at all. I just think this is how water should have been from the very start, and so it shall be.

19. Post #4459
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    Fountains? Fountains were never really that important, like at all. I just think this is how water should have been from the very start, and so it shall be.
    I understand this is your server and all and that you can add whatever plugin you want, but it's quite obvious that the majority doesn't want this plugin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #4460
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    I don't have a problem with it as long as there's a way to make "normal" water for decorative purposes

Edited:

Mobtraps are a cheap way to get shit though so I'm glad to see them gone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4461
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,149 Posts
    I'd like there to still be regular water for water sources

so I can stay in Karkand and have water from underneath my house for potions

22. Post #4462
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,782 Posts
    Would it be possible to change it so that enchanting a bucket of water makes it produce a source block and have normal water finite?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #4463
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,356 Posts
    I don't have a problem with it as long as there's a way to make "normal" water for decorative purposes

Edited:

Mobtraps are a cheap way to get shit though so I'm glad to see them gone
    You could always just use Minecarts and pistons instead of water, actually. It's a lot harder to wire up though.

Edited:

And god damn it I want fountains. They are important.

Edited:

GOD DAMN IT

WHY DO I HAVE TO DIE EVERYTIME I LOG IN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

24. Post #4464
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    The new trade post is just about finished, should be up and running a week from now.

It also features space for up to 3 people (intended for people brand new to the server) to work for a week in the mines or fields in exchange for a minecart, clock, 64 torches, an iron pick, iron sword, stone tools, 64 smoothstone, 128 wood, and 16 loaves of bread (in other words, a starter's kit), so long as they meet a certain quantity of whatever we have them collecting.

25. Post #4465
    BT... heh.

You should also make a giant telecom tower with satellite dishes all over it and distribute phone and internet services to the United Kingdom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4466
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    BT... heh.

You should also make a giant telecom tower with satellite dishes all over it and distribute phone and internet services to the United Kingdom.
    You know, back in the day, when I was trying to learn basic lua and advertising by scripting a few realistic miniguns and zombie hunting weapons, BT stood for Brim Tech. Because I smear my name on everything.

Edited:

Also, i'll do Santa hats for anyone from the server who requests, animated gifs are fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #4467
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    do it brim. Santahat Timmy's dad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #4468
    Don't lose your way
    February 2011
    6,021 Posts
    Gentlemen, behold!

I have written the plans for a new settlement!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

29. Post #4469
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,620 Posts
    Or make a block that spawns 'traditional' water from the top, so people can still make fountains, waterfalls and the like.
    Just continueing on this:

It could be a "pump" block that sucks up water blocks at the bottom and places them on top of the pump block. You could make several pump blocks on top of eachother to transport liquids higher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #4470
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,378 Posts
    Just continueing on this:

It could be a "pump" block that sucks up water blocks at the bottom and places them on top of the pump block. You could make several pump blocks on top of eachother to transport liquids higher.
    Mmm, yeah. Usually there's a 8x2 canal. The pump blocks will be in place of the ground the water travels on so the water flows into the pump as it flows over it (the input) bringing it back to the output at the start of the water flow. In between would be a simple line of a specific block that acts like a link between the two; think redstone wire, though not literally. This means linked pumps can only be in a straight line unless linked pumps have internal reference names stopping two input/output blocks beside each other from interfering with each others flow.

This would be a lot more expensive for people forming farms and lower the amount of farms quite a bit but it would also be fair for everyone with this new finite water.

Each pump would have a switch; input and output. They may also have a sign, perhaps underneath or beside to specify other details such as inflow/outflow amounts and the 1/6 directions the water flows into and out of.

I'm quite serious about this suggestion by the way. It's quite a nice way to balance everything out. This post is directed at people, such as Rama or Profan, which understand this kind of thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #4471
    Mmm, yeah. Usually there's a 8x2 canal. The pump blocks will be in place of the ground the water travels on so the water flows into the pump as it flows over it (the input) bringing it back to the output at the start of the water flow. In between would be a simple line of a specific block that acts like a link between the two; think redstone wire, though not literally. This means linked pumps can only be in a straight line unless linked pumps have internal reference names stopping two input/output blocks beside each other from interfering with each others flow.

This would be a lot more expensive for people forming farms and lower the amount of farms quite a bit but it would also be fair for everyone with this new finite water.

Each pump would have a switch; input and output. They may also have a sign, perhaps underneath or beside to specify other details such as inflow/outflow amounts and the 1/6 directions the water flows into and out of.

I'm quite serious about this suggestion by the way. It's quite a nice way to balance everything out. This post is directed at people, such as Rama or Profan, which understand this kind of thing.
    Yeah we've already decided that there will be pumps. The "flow" amount will probably be something like 2 blocks per second for a pump.

Edited:

I understand this is your server and all and that you can add whatever plugin you want, but it's quite obvious that the majority doesn't want this plugin.
    Almost every decision I've made I have always taken the server and everyone on it in consideration.

I'll talk to rama and see if we can make so a bucket can be "enchanted" to make an old bucket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #4472
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,378 Posts
    I'll talk to rama and see if we can make so a bucket can be "enchanted" to make an old bucket.
    I'd be more than happy with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4473
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,064 Posts
    do it brim. Santahat Timmy's dad.
    Dinkleberg...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

34. Post #4474
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Gentlemen, behold!

I have written the plans for a new area filled with empty lots and abandoned after a week!
    Fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4475
    November 2008
    1,839 Posts
    Will the finite water be on the temple map aswell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4476
    Will the finite water be on the temple map aswell?
    We'll make so we can set which maps should have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #4477
    Don't lose your way
    February 2011
    6,021 Posts
    Worth a shot, still.

And if it doesn't turn out to be successful, but instead becoming a ghost town? We've got ourselves a tourist attraction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

38. Post #4478
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    go suk a dik
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4479
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    I'm busy as hell this week, probably won't get on until Thursday, and only a little at that. Then km busy until Saturday

And I'll do that hat for you when I can Mozy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

40. Post #4480
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,356 Posts
    Profan are you aware of the falling to your death bug on login or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events