1. Post #4801
    September 2011
    1,545 Posts
    Since this will be one of the few town that have no means of transporting to and from via rail, would you like me to build you a road to your town, and or dig out the tunnel for a rail system later?

Edit:
    Having looked at the overview of the area I would have to build this road over I believe it would be sensible to at least build a road to Port travis and Kippan as the same time in not just go through them, so I ask what would the owners of these two towns like. Do you want to be joined by a road system and what do you want from it e.g. would the road to Port travis be better if it was under the sea instead of over the ice, and where would Kippan want to be joined to a road as looking on the overview suggest that it may be tricky to make one that fits the area without having extensive ladders going up and down the mountains.
    Roads would be nice. I don't know how well a rail system would work, but maybe in the future a rail system could be put in place. For the road to Klippan (if they are OK with one) it could be a winding staircase instead of ladders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4802
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,182 Posts
    Since the nether works now, a path/road from Klippan to Kark is being made, half of the 3x3tunnels have been dug out by me and materials provided by squids_eye
    Theres also a nether path from Kark to the Archiepelago

Edited:

Roads would be nice. I don't know how well a rail system would work, but maybe in the future a rail system could be put in place. For the road to Klippan (if they are OK with one) it could be a winding staircase instead of ladders.
    would you be interested in a nether path?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #4803
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Screw it, I'm not waiting for the carto to load all the time. I'm making a map, with labels and shit:

Edited:

I'm going to make it look all papery and such, should be a help for those looking for a more ornate map, or for those who, like me, have 1mps connections that usually don't actually go over 128kbs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #4804
    September 2011
    1,545 Posts
    Since the nether works now, a path/road from Klippan to Kark is being made, half of the 3x3tunnels have been dug out by me and materials provided by squids_eye
    Theres also a nether path from Kark to the Archiepelago
    Edited:
    would you be interested in a nether path?
    Sandy Dunes doesn't have a nether portal yet. I suppose it would be fine, although since the nether makes things short, wouldn't it interfere with Klippan's portal?

5. Post #4805
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Nether paths are the shit, they're difficult to build, but quick and safe if you do them right. You guys have my support, PM me if you need anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #4806
    I will have you know that I just threw a football at my brothers head.
    That wasn't really ME who did that. This kind of thing has happened before when he gets on my account.

Gee. I really wish I could enjoy the luxury of "remember my password" without the threat of my brother screwing with the server. I tell him he can go on 2b2t but not on the server labelled Profan.

Never sharing my account with anybody ever again. I'm sorry he did that and I'll clean it up if it gets my ban revoked.

Also, was a week really necessary? Was it THAT bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4807
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,182 Posts
    Nether paths are the shit, they're difficult to build, but quick and safe if you do them right. You guys have my support, PM me if you need anything.
    With some of your help we've finished the Karkand - Klippan - Archipelago Path
    Other cities can be connected to Karkand which can act as the central hub (since its in a convenient place)

Edited:

Sandy Dunes doesn't have a nether portal yet. I suppose it would be fine, although since the nether makes things short, wouldn't it interfere with Klippan's portal?
    Depends how far away it is from Klippan

8. Post #4808
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    I will have you know that I just threw a football at my brothers head.
    That wasn't really ME who did that. This kind of thing has happened before when he gets on my account.

Gee. I really wish I could enjoy the luxury of "remember my password" without the threat of my brother screwing with the server. I tell him he can go on 2b2t but not on the server labelled Profan.

Never sharing my account with anybody ever again. I'm sorry he did that and I'll clean it up if it gets my ban revoked.

Also, was a week really necessary? Was it THAT bad?
    It wasn't that bad but it isn't the first time it has happened.

Edited:

I can't unban you myself but if you talk to Profan you might be able to work something out.

9. Post #4809
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts

Half way there, just finished stitching together all the images, now I just gotta sexy-ify it

Edited:

I'm going to add a compass, direct subway paths, names, etc.

Edited:

Can anyone rattle off all the station types?

/st spawn, etc?

10. Post #4810
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts

Done :D
    (be warned, this is huge).

Also, I'm going to be sending out the information on that project tomorrow afternoon instead, as more people will be on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

11. Post #4811
    yeah I know. Somebody came on a few weeks earlier asking why I had removed the torches in some parts of the railway.
    I'm putting my computer account on lockdown until my brother can completely prove to me he can be mature with my games and my servers I play on.

Also, I logged in after I posted that and I wasn't banned.

12. Post #4812
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,182 Posts

Done :D
    (be warned, this is huge).

Also, I'm going to be sending out the information on that project tomorrow afternoon instead, as more people will be on.
    maybe try to make it seem a bit more old timey? like "here be monsters" and "the end of the world" or something.
    Also maybe add the nether paths?

oh and didnt you miss klippan?

13. Post #4813
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    maybe try to make it seem a bit more old timey? like "here be monsters" and "the end of the world" or something.
    Also maybe add the nether paths?

oh and didnt you miss klippan?
    I'll add the nether paths when they are 100% finished. As for making it "old timey," I'll do it, but it will be a second, smaller map. I want this one to be big and easy to read, although a simpler, more ornate one for regulars to the server won't be hard to do.

And Klippan is there, it's not that hard to see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #4814
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,252 Posts
    Settlements and safe spots should have coordinates marked on the map IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

15. Post #4815
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Settlements and safe spots should have coordinates marked on the map IMO.
    Good idea
    Keep posting suggestions, I'll update it this afternoon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #4816
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    yeah I know. Somebody came on a few weeks earlier asking why I had removed the torches in some parts of the railway.
    I'm putting my computer account on lockdown until my brother can completely prove to me he can be mature with my games and my servers I play on.

Also, I logged in after I posted that and I wasn't banned.
    That'll probably be MCBans. For some reason it never takes me seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #4817
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,780 Posts
    put j-archie on there

18. Post #4818
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,760 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4819
    I'm excited for those plans today. Its foggy as heck outside so I don't think there is much we can do with my grandma today.
    Plus I can barely stand since I went ice skating yesterday (I FOUND FRIENDS!) I did the splits...
    For those reasons, I hope today is going to be a MINECRAFT kind of day.

Also, Brim, I think you are what keeps this map alive. You just keep pumping in more juice to it with your ideas and your map. I wonder if we'd still have this map if it weren't for your constant activity.

And is Profan okay now or is his still deathly sick?

20. Post #4820
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    Its foggy as heck outside so I don't think there is much we can do with my grandma today.
    Oh, I think there is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #4821
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    I don't know how or why...

But every other time i've joined the server for the past two weeks, every time I spawn I always slip into the blocks that are under me and suffocate to death. (Unless i'm able to dig myself out)

It's really starting to piss me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #4822
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    I'm excited for those plans today. Its foggy as heck outside so I don't think there is much we can do with my grandma today.
    Plus I can barely stand since I went ice skating yesterday (I FOUND FRIENDS!) I did the splits...
    For those reasons, I hope today is going to be a MINECRAFT kind of day.

Also, Brim, I think you are what keeps this map alive. You just keep pumping in more juice to it with your ideas and your map. I wonder if we'd still have this map if it weren't for your constant activity.

And is Profan okay now or is his still deathly sick?
    Huehuehuehuehue juice

And uh, I just got back from drumline, I scored a three-way tie with a senior and a buddy of mine for the part. I let the senior have it. Because I'm fucking nice. Anyway, I'm going to sleep, be on in an hour or two or three.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #4823
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,780 Posts
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

why do i keep being warped to spawn

24. Post #4824
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,593 Posts
    I've always said it like
    nih.see.hewt

25. Post #4825
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,760 Posts
    I've always said it like
    nih.see.hewt
    Somehow like I say it, but with less abrupt breaks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

26. Post #4826
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,593 Posts
    Somehow like I say it, but with less abrupt breaks?
    I say all of that pretty quickly, no actual breaks

27. Post #4827
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,760 Posts
    I say all of that pretty quickly, no actual breaks
    What I meant is your way of saying it is "smoother"

Nihh-Sehhh-Hutthh is swedish way of saying it

28. Post #4828
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    What I meant is your way of saying it is "smoother"

Nihh-Sehhh-Hutthh is swedish way of saying it
    Huh, I must be Swedish. Alright, revising the map, revising something else, gonna update and PM some people about that project in an hour or so.

29. Post #4829
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,780 Posts
    I read it as nissa hutte

30. Post #4830
    October 2009
    195 Posts

Dr.Cow happened to the capital walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #4831
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    nice hut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4832
    It never really occured to me to try and pronounce his name. If anything I just said "nisse" like nissy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #4833
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    New rule, you must play this if you are sailing long distance. No exceptions.

34. Post #4834
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    New rule, you must play this if you are sailing long distance. No exceptions.
    God I wish I hadn't lost my gamecube memory card.

35. Post #4835
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Updated the map, the link never changes, by the way.

36. Post #4836
    I still have my gamecube memory card but the disc got too scratched.
    I installed a nice Windwaker texture pack and I joined a server where they were making replicas of the places from the game so it looked really nice.

Know what would be cool? If there was some sort of standard-custom texturepack for the server.

37. Post #4837
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,760 Posts
    I still have my gamecube memory card but the disc got too scratched.
    I installed a nice Windwaker texture pack and I joined a server where they were making replicas of the places from the game so it looked really nice.

Know what would be cool? If there was some sort of standard-custom texturepack for the server.
    I could make one with someone

Edited:

I could make one with someone
    Except profan likes vanilla and I don't know what style we want

Edited:

Could make the paintings pictures from the server

38. Post #4838
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,593 Posts
    I found a picture of cork!