1. Post #4761
    (This was before I read your post) So I finally made it to Karkand and decided to look around. I doubted you set a space up for me but I took a look around anyway, as I was leaving the Inn I saw my room with a bunch of hospitality items :D

Brim, you are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    I try :D
    What do you think of the Karkand Inn, by the way? Like mant of the buildings in Karkand, it was Dr. Cow's design. I may plan most of our projects, but he is one hell of an architect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #4763
    it is really nice and cozy but not too small. Its perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4764
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    I wandered around Karkand yesterday whilst I waited for the night to pass. Really nice town.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #4765
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,620 Posts
    It's not that drums aren't real instruments. It's that drummers aren't real musicians. Though I can hardly talk what with being a bassist.
    Ehey, fellow bassist.

The drummer in my band keeps writing new songs, and then he explains them to us like "it's a song in 5/4 beat, and then during the bridge we play four measures in a 4/3 beat" and everyone else is like "but how about the notes? What's the melody like?", and then he says he hasn't thought about that yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #4766
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    Ehey, fellow bassist.

The drummer in my band keeps writing new songs, and then he explains them to us like "it's a song in 5/4 beat, and then during the bridge we play four measures in a 4/3 beat" and everyone else is like "but how about the notes? What's the melody like?", and then he says he hasn't thought about that yet.
    Well then he's just trying to be creative. And is he just "percussion," or is he drumline? Drumline is the percussion master race, obviously.

Also, on topic, is it possible to stream music to a player through YouTube with Minecraft? How badass would it be if the sailing music from Legend of Zelda: Windwaker played whenever you sailed in very large bodies of water, or the MEC Theme plays when you enter Karkand, based on a link on a sign with, say, a 125 block max radius.

7. Post #4767
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,782 Posts
    Its a running joke between immature/mediocre musicians. I knew this guy who sat next to me in my band and he constantly was picking on the drummers calling them stupid and all that. Of course he was a lower seat than me because he disrespected everybody else and just plainly couldn't play as well as me. And I was using a 20+ year old broken saxohpone and he had a brand new one.
    I think that is more to do with him hearing the joke and taking it seriously. All members of a band have their stereotypes. Drummers aren't muscians, bassists are lazy guitarists, guitarists are cocky assholes and singers have massive egos. None of it is actually true, it's just things members of a band say to each other as friendly banter.

By the way, if you want a permanent house in Karkand there is a free lot in the mining district, it is a bit of an awkward shape though.

8. Post #4768
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    Well then he's just trying to be creative. And is he just "percussion," or is he drumline? Drumline is the percussion master race, obviously.

Also, on topic, is it possible to stream music to a player through YouTube with Minecraft? How badass would it be if the sailing music from Legend of Zelda: Windwaker played whenever you sailed in very large bodies of water, or the MEC Theme plays when you enter Karkand, based on a link on a sign with, say, a 125 block max radius.
    Sounds are webloaded by the client. would take everybody to mod his/her client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #4769
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    It's a shame that because Karkand is enclosed within a pyramid, it'd be hard to increase space for new residents.

10. Post #4770
    September 2009
    86 Posts
    Can chunks be reverted? Our nether base was griefed to hell... the guy who did it left an "apology" sign but that's fucking ridiculous, he dug out half the base and didn't repair it, just stuffed the blocks into a chest, left an ugly bridge leading out of the base, 2/3 of the nether wart farm is missing as well as most of the ceilings and walls, and he took all of our brewing stands too (4-5 of them)... sign says he mistook the base for a nether fort and it doesn't even look anything like one, what the actual fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Bulgaria Show Events

11. Post #4771
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    I'd like to move in and build a house, but there just ain't no room.

Edited:

Welp, I set up a small hovel about 300-500 blocks away from kark.

12. Post #4772
    I'll sort the pvp issue now, I've been bound to my bed and vomit bucket the last 3 days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #4773
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,620 Posts
    I'll sort the pvp issue now, I've been bound to my bed and vomit bucket the last 3 days
    Protip: Rotten meat is not acceptable food IRL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #4774
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    Anyone got spares of:

stone
    stone brick
    cobblestone
    sand
    glass

15. Post #4775
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    Don't fix it. With PVP on everyone can do their public service duty by killing nath.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    August 2010
    330 Posts
    A question to somebody who is in Brim.co, how much are blocks such from the neather such as glowstone worth in terms of logs.

17. Post #4777
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,480 Posts
    Who can I ask for jobs?

18. Post #4778
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    Who can I ask for jobs?
    If you mine/smelt cobblestone for me then I can offer you a home in my ever-growing hovel

19. Post #4779
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,480 Posts
    I've already done my ban, it was 3 days. Why ban me again?

20. Post #4780
    I've already done my ban, it was 3 days. Why ban me again?
    Are you absolutely sure about that?`

Because mcbans says "[ENDS 2011-12-17 08:06:09]"

It is not the 17th today, and it wasn't 3 days.

on the other hand MCBans is a pile of shit.

ah fudge it, I'll just unban you and permanently ban you if you do something again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4781
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,480 Posts
    Are you absolutely sure about that?`

Because mcbans says "[ENDS 2011-12-17 08:06:09]"

It is not the 17th today, and it wasn't 3 days.

on the other hand MCBans is a pile of shit.

ah fudge it, I'll just unban you and permanently ban you if you do something again!
    Thanks! I didn't actually know how long the ban was, but considering I was able to log on the server only today I just assumed it was 3 days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #4782
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    Don't fix it. With PVP on everyone can do their public service duty by killing nath.
    But i'm never on anymore :()

23. Post #4783
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,782 Posts
    But i'm never on anymore :()
    Then you should come on so you can be killed. You are letting the community down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #4784
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    Then you should come on so you can be killed. You are letting the community down.
    I know, right? Way to ruin the fun nath, jeez.

In other news, Kona, we're moving from our previous heavy lightstone usage to a more renewable, environmentally friendly jack-o-lantern supply. Because lightstone is a pain in the ass to get, and it's just too expensive. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go snort diamonds and use furnaces to light every room in Karkand's secret brothel.

Also, I'm not going to be on much tonight or tomorrow, if at all. DrCow and I have a winter concert to play at. So uh... PM me if you need anything squids, just make a chest for me to deliver things in.

25. Post #4785
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    Come get me.

26. Post #4786
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,871 Posts
    A question to somebody who is in Brim.co, how much are blocks such from the neather such as glowstone worth in terms of logs.
    I'm always looking to buy glowstone for my own projects; figure up a reasonable price and I'll see what I can do for you (assuming I ever get off from work).

27. Post #4787
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    I'm always looking to buy glowstone for my own projects; figure up a reasonable price and I'll see what I can do for you (assuming I ever get off from work).
    When you do get off from work, make a chest for me in your house, I've got a gift for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #4788
    Woo exams next week! Although I've been conditioned in military-grade schools so I doubt exam week will be a problem. We get out early too.
    On the other hand, my Grandma is here from Michigan. So I might do stuff with her like go to San Francisco or something.
    But expect me on and helping a LOT!

29. Post #4789
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    What time do most people play? I still haven't managed to get on at a time that motivates me to stick around.
    I've logged in 3 times since my 6-month minecraft break and every time there's nothing happening, so I just wander till I starve, then log out again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #4790
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,683 Posts
    What time do most people play? I still haven't managed to get on at a time that motivates me to stick around.
    I've logged in 3 times since my 6-month minecraft break and every time there's nothing happening, so I just wander till I starve, then log out again.
    I often play between 4PM-8PM GMT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #4791
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    I'm on around 5-9pm East Coast US time, 4-11pm weekends. I'm almost never on Mondays and Tuesdays, I'm busy as hell those days

32. Post #4792
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    construction on the jerrai archiepelago has begun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #4793
    September 2011
    1,543 Posts

Sandy Dunes is a little nice hamlet. It's listed as a settlement because there is no option for a hamlet (I consider it a hamlet as it is small and unpopular.) It's coming by nicely, over then the creeper invasion. When I finish the streets and make lampposts, it should stop. For now there is an underground tunnel from each building for safe travel at night. I doubt it will become popular, but I think it is nice. Also, let me know how to fix the picture error on the wiki, it's driving me mad that I can't get it to work; I haven't worked with wikicode often, if at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #4794
    August 2010
    330 Posts

Sandy Dunes is a little nice hamlet. It's listed as a settlement because there is no option for a hamlet (I consider it a hamlet as it is small and unpopular.) It's coming by nicely, over then the creeper invasion. When I finish the streets and make lampposts, it should stop. For now there is an underground tunnel from each building for safe travel at night. I doubt it will become popular, but I think it is nice. Also, let me know how to fix the picture error on the wiki, it's driving me mad that I can't get it to work; I haven't worked with wikicode often, if at all.
    Since this will be one of the few town that have no means of transporting to and from via rail, would you like me to build you a road to your town, and or dig out the tunnel for a rail system later?

Edit:
    Having looked at the overview of the area I would have to build this road over I believe it would be sensible to at least build a road to Port travis and Kippan as the same time in not just go through them, so I ask what would the owners of these two towns like. Do you want to be joined by a road system and what do you want from it e.g. would the road to Port travis be better if it was under the sea instead of over the ice, and where would Kippan want to be joined to a road as looking on the overview suggest that it may be tricky to make one that fits the area without having extensive ladders going up and down the mountains.

35. Post #4795
    Rise of Flight game in 14 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #4796
    March 2010
    1,653 Posts
    Rise of Flight game in 14 minutes
    Yes, come play RoF with us!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

37. Post #4797
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    Since this will be one of the few town that have no means of transporting to and from via rail, would you like me to build you a road to your town, and or dig out the tunnel for a rail system later?

Edit:
    Having looked at the overview of the area I would have to build this road over I believe it would be sensible to at least build a road to Port travis and Kippan as the same time in not just go through them, so I ask what would the owners of these two towns like. Do you want to be joined by a road system and what do you want from it e.g. would the road to Port travis be better if it was under the sea instead of over the ice, and where would Kippan want to be joined to a road as looking on the overview suggest that it may be tricky to make one that fits the area without having extensive ladders going up and down the mountains.
    Well, I know that in the past the leaders of Port Travis didn't want any bridges to the island.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

38. Post #4798
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,754 Posts
    Tonight I'll be releasing dimensions for the first floor of my upcoming project to those of you who are helping. Shouldn't be until fairly late, however.

39. Post #4799
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,480 Posts
    What is the busiest time to play on the server? I'ts pretty lonely when I go on.

40. Post #4800
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,782 Posts
    What is the busiest time to play on the server? I'ts pretty lonely when I go on.
    Probably on the weekends during the afternoon/evening.

Edited:

Banned Mr_Sun for a week for placing blocks of clay at head height down the subway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)