It seems you're rushing it alot, you could at least make it a through hole design?
I already said that my drillbits are too big. The smallest I got is 2mil or something like that,
I'm new in the whole electronics scene and am trying to understand transistors. Would this schematic work? If not could you help me better understand?
This is what it should look like.
And when doing a schematic, always put the most positive voltages at the top, not the bottom.
Also place components left to right not the other way.
I just managed to send "hallo welt" (Hello world) from my phone to my Arduino using a normal 3.5 audio cable. The first problem was that the voltage was too low for the digital ports, so I couldn't use any preexisting libraries. The second problem was that I couldn't just send high-voltage or low-voltage. It only had voltage spikes when switching between high and low. So I had to define 0 as low and 1 as high-low-high-low-...
The implementation was rather easy, but finding out how to do everything took me nearly a week (of only <1 hour of work each day though ).
Edit: Are those gaybows or optimistics? I'm confused, neither make sense too me. :saddowns:
So I built a 5V power supply.
Got a Netudino for mah birthday!
Now I've got to find out what to do with it. Any suggestions?
I made myself a PWM-fan-controller to replace my broken CPU-Fan.
All it really is, is an astable 555 timer with a diode to bridge the second resistor so I can reach duty cycles below 50% (so from 0% to 100%). Then I fed the output to a MOSFET's gate and thus control the fan. It's incredibly simple, and now I'll neatly solder it onto a board and place in it my pc.
I can't listen to the EEVBlog guy for more than three minutes.
Indeed... I was just waiting for LEDs and breadboards to start flying around after he swung the crank.
I also liked the looks of that drum synth. Very slick top panel for the buttons.
turned fascist. Mind you, I come from '05 era Facepunch, where improper punctuation was a permabannable offense.
The difference here is that the Facepunch community has always said exactly what they thought, and has never been particularly adverse to criticism. Criticism is a necessary thing. I honestly can't support an electronics site that's maintained by art students and encourages the community to sweep issues under the rug instead of participating in open debate.
Well I really am a pessimistic asshole today, aren't I? Bashing both EEVBlog and HaD simultaneously. (I'm sorry, I never really gave EEVBlog a chance :( )
I'll try to make up for it by saying that I actually don't hate everything. Jeri Ellsworth's Youtube channel is full of great stuff (ironic, since it's her comment that sent the HaD editors into their self-destructive fit), and there was a while where I was listening to the Soldersmoke podcast pretty regularly (although I'm not a ham, it's still full of great DIY electronics stuff). I also stumble upon a lot of really neat sites on the internet when I'm researching for whatever project I might be working on.
So there is some really good stuff out there, most of it is just a little less mainstream.
If we had a dedicated electronics forum, we could have like an awesome lesser-known electronics blog megathread where we could post whatever awesome sites we stumble upon.
There's also Bunnie's blog. He was part of the team who hacked the original XBox back in the day. I don't read the blog often enough, but he's a really smart guy and he posts some neat stuff.
Bought a MAX232 chip, can't wait for it to arrive in the mail so I can start working with serial communications on my ATTiny2313.
Well, I got HaD in my RSS feed. 90% of it is uninteresting shit, but the other 10 percent sometimes are worth reading.
They also weren't open to comments (despite them insisting that they were). You can't say "you don't need x to do that, you could just use y", on HaD, no matter what your intentions, they view it as hostile.
It's a shame, really, they were a good site when they started. Before they hired all these new editors who don't know what the fuck they're doing.
I'm also of the opinion that you shouldn't judge people by the words they use. If they have a valid point, you shouldn't shut them up, even if they come across as rude. And if they aren't happy with something, they should be free to express that as well, it isn't healthy not to.
74HC595 and PC serial port, anyone has idea how to?