1. Post #761
    August 2011
    363 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    "What is the medical crab doing?"

"Fire a the weapon!"

"We have understand peace"

That episode was fucking rich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,047 Posts
    The broken English really makes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #764
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    The broken English really makes it.
    Also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

5. Post #765
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    I want to see this episode I fucking missed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    I want to see this episode I fucking missed it
    http://www.futurama-stream.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    October 2010
    349 Posts
    Bored of my old wallpaper; made myself a new one, only in 720p at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/oaInT.png

Edit: And here it is at 1080p

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    do we have any idea who drew these sprites? did they bring someone in or was it the regular artists?

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Time for SCIENCE. *bad "thunder" sound effect*

At the moment we hardly know anything about the 2012 season. We know that it'll exist, we know roughly the plot ideas of some episodes and two names.
    What are your hopes and/or fears for the next season? Will we learn about the tragic history of Scruffy? Will they bring up some explanation about "The Other"? And on a related note: Will Fry/Leela become more permanent? (The ending of Overclockwise certainly spoke in favour of that...)

And then for the SCIENCE: If we save some of the theories somehow from different times until the summer of 2012, we can study how the theories change as the news build up and then see how many of the theories that stayed the same/kept similar, thus seeing how much the glorious Fandom can predict with varying amounts of evidence. In short: A fun little study about fandom.

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    1) Fry-Leela
    I don't think they'll change much. It worked out pretty good the last two seasons, with sublte hints here and there. It shouldn't be a main plot over the whole thing, so I like it. It's there but not the main focus.

They will stay together though.

2) Amy-Kif
    I somehow hope that we'll see more of them as well. I'd really like to know how things with their offspring goes. For example, a child of them returns and Amy&Kif take care of it. But because it's actually Leelas child she could get jealous. I think it would make an interesting plot.

3)Nibbler
    I want to see more of the Nibloneans. Period

4)Farnsworth&Igner
    This could be another interesting plot. Mom is finally fed up with Igner and throws him out. He goes to PE, and helps there out. Farnsworth, happy to have a real son, gives him a lot of attention. This gives problems with Cubert of course. It would be funny if Cubert would switch sides and works for Mom instead. For one, I think he deserves some character development. Second, he would be much funnier as a villain

That's it from me. I have no idea if any of those will show up, since they just came to my mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #771
    July 2010
    878 Posts
    I want to see some more Anthology of Interest. I also really hope they don't add in a lot of stupid modern references like when Bender said "I like turtles." Then pretty much everything else rosthouse said.

Will they bring up some explanation about "The Other"? And on a related note: Will Fry/Leela become more permanent? (The ending of Overclockwise certainly spoke in favour of that...)
    I certainly hope so. <3 but also as rosthouse said, it shouldn't take a lot of main plots, I like it when it is very subtle with heartwarming quotes, like at the end of The Why of Fry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    It obviously doesn't have to be the main plot in more episode, but they could just do some small additions that shows us that their relationship still exists. To quote the great Rush:
    Can't they just have them holding hands in an episode for about 3 seconds that isn't really about Fry and Leela, or kiss briefly ajnd nothing like what happened in Ghost in the Machines or Fry Am the Egg Man take place?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,936 Posts
    This thread keeps saying It's got 34 new posts yet I've clicked read new threads and it just takes me to Herr svens last post

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    This thread keeps saying It's got 34 new posts yet I've clicked read new threads and it just takes me to Herr svens last post
    It's a conspiracy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,936 Posts
    Ancient aliens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    From Nibiru.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,091 Posts
    How come there was no episode this friday?

18. Post #778
    Because the season is over or at least for this year it is.

19. Post #779
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,091 Posts
    well that fucking sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    No new episodes until 2012, sadly enough.

And while speaking of things which makes you long for the sterile beauty of a Suicide Booth:

While in Stockholm today I noticed that there were a lot of new Futurama merch for sale at the Science fiction bookstore (my favourite store, but I think that's obvious)... And I've been broke for two months.
    In other words: I was finally able to study the new calendar in more detail. This bothers me somewhat:

Fry is reading a mag with a picture of Leela on the front. That is logical.

Bender is reading a mag with Amy on the front. Again, Mr. Spock would like it.

And Leela is reading a mag with... Zapp Brannigan on the cover? Seriously?!

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    No new episodes until 2012, sadly enough.

And while speaking of things which makes you long for the sterile beauty of a Suicide Booth:

While in Stockholm today I noticed that there were a lot of new Futurama merch for sale at the Science fiction bookstore (my favourite store, but I think that's obvious)... And I've been broke for two months.
    In other words: I was finally able to study the new calendar in more detail. This bothers me somewhat:

Fry is reading a mag with a picture of Leela on the front. That is logical.

Bender is reading a mag with Amy on the front. Again, Mr. Spock would like it.

And Leela is reading a mag with... Zapp Brannigan on the cover? Seriously?!
    She probably needs to know where he is, so that she can avoid him

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Must be it.

23. Post #783
    March 2011
    1,922 Posts
    2012 ?? whyyyyyy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    2012 ?? whyyyyyy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Due to borrowed money, I am now the proud owner of the calendar. Interesting fact: The magazine Leela's reading is called "Zapp Quarterly"... And it contains an article called "10 Easy ways to circumvent a restraining order".
    She's brushing up on his new ways to torment her. Mystery solved.

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,437 Posts
    4)Farnsworth&Igner
    This could be another interesting plot. Mom is finally fed up with Igner and throws him out. He goes to PE, and helps there out. Farnsworth, happy to have a real son, gives him a lot of attention. This gives problems with Cubert of course. It would be funny if Cubert would switch sides and works for Mom instead. For one, I think he deserves some character development. Second, he would be much funnier as a villain
    That one could be really good simply because with his personality and intellect, he could make Walt angry and jealous, so that he (possibly with Larry) would try to get Igner back and get rid of Cubert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    The Jedis will feel this one... A letter to the fandom by the Glorious Overlord David X. Cohen:

David X. Cohen here. I wanted to mention a few things regarding the "weekend syndication" run of Futurama that starts in the U.S. this weekend (Sept 24, 2011).

Obviously this is very good news for Futurama... Futurama has reached a number of episodes and a level of awareness where broadcasters are interested in showing the series. One thing that goes along with this success is that we have to make the episodes a little shorter to match the available length of the syndication time slot. This affects all syndicated series, not just Futurama. For example, the Simpsons episodes are cut down for U.S. syndication.

In the case of Futurama, we are fortunate that we still have our production team together, so I have been able to personally make the adjustments to the episodes with our editor, Paul Calder, who has been working with me on the series from the very beginning. I have tried my best not to cut anything that is critical to the episodes or the series as a whole, and also to keep intact the most popular runs of dialog. But of course, here and there, somebody's favorite line will be missing. There's just no way around it... it's the price of success. On the bright side, I think in many cases the pacing of the episodes has been improved slightly, and some subtle visual improvements and error corrections have been made as well. Some episodes may well be improved on the whole. Rest assured, no cuts are being made by anyone outside our production office.

The Comedy Central cable network, which broadcast both new and old episodes in the U.S., also has the option of showing either the original or syndication versions of the show. In the case of reruns, they are switching to the new syndication versions. New episodes should continue to air uncut, and the original full-length versions of course remain available for download and on DVD.

That's all... back to work for me now on 26 more new ones...

DXC
    And TV4 Komedi still thinks it only has 15 episodes...

Nevermind:
    To keep the thread active during the slow season (up until the next Countdown Of Interest, that is), I got the idea of "Fanwork Fryday": Yours truly posting an interesting piece of fanwork, mostly fanart, every Fryday.
    Beginning today with a realistic Hypnotoad!

Isn't there something slightly religious about this?

28. Post #788
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,149 Posts
    Haha holy crap that's an amazing picture! I want that on a T-shirt or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    News, Everyone!

3 more 2012-season episode titles!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    December 2009
    211 Posts
    Can't wait for the new season!

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    I am so pissed at foxtel. I love Futurama, but they some how end up playing the same 30 episodes over and over. There's so many from all the newer seasons that i've missed :saddowns:

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Regarding this:

News, Everyone!

3 more 2012-season episode titles!

According to Eric Rogers "Blue Munda" is not the actual title of the episode, but it is the working title.

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    Baghdad and Munda. We're probably seeing a lot more of the world in 3012.

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Baghdad and Munda. We're probably seeing a lot more of the world in 3012.
    I don't really see how Munda will let us see more of the world, but I can definitely see that it'll give us more facts about the Mutant situation after the Devolution revolution.

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    I don't really see how Munda will let us see more of the world, but I can definitely see that it'll give us more facts about the Mutant situation after the Devolution revolution.
    Munda are a group of people living mostly in India. That's my reasoning behind it.

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Munda are a group of people living mostly in India. That's my reasoning behind it.
    I'm quite sure the title is referring to Turanga Munda.

...Leela being shocked when Zapp Brannigan loses interest in her and he starts a romance with her mom...
    I believe it's this ep.

Could be really, Really funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    306 Posts
    You ever tried to stab somebody with a sock? It aint so hard ha haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Science Fiction con in Stockholm in December. I think I'll do some representing. Until then: It helps to check around each day for news. Todays news: Another new title!

The Butterjunk Effect

I don't know what it's referring to and, honestly, I'm not sure I want to know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,475 Posts

I think we can all agree that was the most emotional and touching part of Futurama, First time after watching that episode I was sure I was going to let out a little tear :(

The website doesn't allow other people to post their pictures

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,229 Posts
    Fanwork Fryday!
    Fuck you, whatever illness have attacked me!

Illness made me forget to post yesterday, so I'll post now.

I'm going to try making Fanwork Fryday a bit more good-looking in the future.