1. Post #1
    July 2009
    1,158 Posts
    I'm getting a Chevy Equinox LS soon and I was thinking about making some alterations to it eventually. The thing is I don't know anything about the particular engine in the car (v6 version) and as this is my first time to the "car pimping rodeo" I wanted to know some info about the engine before jumping in. I know a good bit about automotive systems (studying to become a mechanical engineer) and I'm not going to just slap shit on but I'm looking to learn and understand my engine inside-out before I touch it. I'm looking for info such as max. boost, engine efficiency etc. Anyone know some good places to get that info? Thanks!

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,019 Posts
    I would go to wikipedia find your exact engine, then start asking around on forums and googling. Sooner or later you are going to find what you need.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,535 Posts
    Google is your friend. Wikipedia is your other friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    1,158 Posts
    Will do, Thanks!

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Find a forum dedicated to your car or GM and you'll definitely find unlimited amounts of information.