1. Post #1
    Shacknews Rocks!
    March 2010
    13,361 Posts

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RockPaperShotgun/~3/VxRM35ZSjI4/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 41 (list)

2. Post #2
    Facepunch's Local Lycanthrope
    December 2008
    1,785 Posts
    I really don't give a shit about Activison no more. I just don't buy their half-asses, overpriced, low quality games.

And if you buy their games, you're just a dumbass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 85Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    Battle of the Assholes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    804 Posts
    Strongly Activision biased much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,594 Posts
    i love RPS' writing tone.

Especially when Activision could do a poo in a box labelled “Call Of Duty”, charge £450 for it with DRM that kills your pets, and still come in number one.
    so true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 71 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    1,737 Posts
    I don't really want battlefield taking call of duty's place. It would just make CODtards flock over and ruin a perfectly good game in several ways.
    At least EA is leaving dice alone for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

7. Post #7
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Hello, I come from January 2007. I am interested to know what bastard things EA have done. Also how is that plucky publisher Activision? I loved the tony hawk's games, and they were just taking on a bit of a risk and giving the call of duty franchise a serious console release when I left! How are infinity ward doing? I bet they've made plenty of innovative games!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Zing Zing x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    993 Posts
    I just want a good game.

In other words, I'm buying Battlefield 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

9. Post #9

May 2011
    107 Posts
    Those companies need new ideas,seriously. Maybe even a new CEO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2011
    76 Posts
    I really don't give a shit about Activison no more. I just don't buy their half-asses, overpriced, low quality games.

And if you buy their games, you're just a dumbass.
    They made blizzard shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,466 Posts
    ubisoft is up there too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,508 Posts
    ubisoft is up there too
    I don't think Ubisoft is that bad, they've just got a bad DRM System.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2010
    3,931 Posts
    Then boasted that hundreds of millions of dollars of marketing would be going into both games. Meanwhile, two-thirds of the world’s population don’t have access to clean drinking water.
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2005
    306 Posts
    Meanwhile, two-thirds of the worldís population donít have access to clean drinking water.
    While the author throws away tons of half finished food and drives a ridiculous car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 19 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    What's really fun is that I BET that both games will suck and bring NOTHING new.

Cod MW3- designed to make money
    BF3- designed to beat cod (aka make more money) (altough it will fail, as always)

Both games end up being a copy of their predecessors, yet people still go "oh no they aren't! Bf3/CoD will beat CoD/BF3's ass!"

Gonna have a good laugh in the end when everyone whines that their game is X or Y, while I play either MW3 or my old games (MW2 for example) NOT because they are BETTER then other games, but because I enjoy them.

Its the thing. People have started to buy games because they might be better instead of having fun with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,395 Posts
    What's really fun is that I BET that both games will suck and bring NOTHING new.

Cod MW3- designed to make money
    BF3- designed to beat cod (aka make more money) (altough it will fail, as always)

Both games end up being a copy of their predecessors, yet people still go "oh no they aren't! Bf3/CoD will beat CoD/BF3's ass!"

Gonna have a good laugh in the end when everyone whines that their game is X or Y, while I play either MW3 or my old games (MW2 for example) NOT because they are BETTER then other games, but because I enjoy them.

Its the thing. People have started to buy games because they might be better instead of having fun with them.
    Erm...have you looked at the videos for Battlefield 3? It definitely looks FUN, not just BETTER. Although it is better than Call of Duty in every way imaginable. I know this for a fact and the game isn't even released yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,803 Posts
    While the author throws away tons of half finished food and drives a ridiculous car.
    what kind of car and food is he buying thats worth hundreds of millions of dollars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,126 Posts
    I'm going to play both games. I'll probably enjoy BF3 more though, I feel like there will be a better replay value from it. At least within the BF franchise they bring something a little different to the table. Whereas if you've played one COD game, you've played them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    what kind of car and food is he buying thats worth hundreds of millions of dollars?
    Please, I hate this argument so much. Like you would freely give away money if you had millions of dollars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    I wish EA could mention Battlefield 3 without including a mention of MW3. They should ignore it completely and just focus on making a good Battlefield game. It's not like anythings going to change either, CoD fans will buy MW3 and everyone else will buy Battlefield 3 and they'll constantly argue amongst themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2010
    13,372 Posts
    I just want a good game.

In other words, I'm buying Battlefield 3
    And it is gonna be a good game, it'll probably top the "modern" multiplayer shooter contest and then in a few years we'll be demanding for more, and then we might get disappointed.

22. Post #22
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts
    Activision stand for what the gaming industry shouldn't be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista France Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,734 Posts
    battlefield 3 looks like call of duty

it's basically call of duty but everyone says it's better because it has "battlefield" written on it instead of "call of duty"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,459 Posts

it's basically call of duty but everyone says it's better because it has "battlefield" written on it instead of "call of duty"
    skyrim looks like oblivion

it's basically oblivion but everyone says it will be better because it has "skyrim" written on it instead of "oblivion"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 22Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    dgg
    I ‚̧ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,534 Posts

In Battlefield they don't run around with a speed of 100 Km/h as if they were addicted to speed and throw knifes 500 meters up in the air and 1000 meters away and one- shot stab people with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Zing Zing x 10 (list)

26. Post #26
    October 2010
    183 Posts

In battlefield the walls won't be invincible, and the game itself actually requires something cod never really had if you know what that is?
    Skill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,032 Posts
    In battlefield the walls won't be invincible, and the game itself actually requires something cod never really had if you know what that is?
    Skill
    All games require skill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 19 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2009
    1,915 Posts
    If only Gabe Newell was the CEO of Activision, that way there wouldn't be a Call of Duty for a few years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,014 Posts
    Especially when Activision could do a poo in a box labelled “Call Of Duty”, charge £450 for it with DRM that kills your pets, and still come in number one.
    You mean to tell me they haven't done this since mw2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,634 Posts
    All games require skill.
    Popcap/Zynga games.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,052 Posts
    If only Gabe Newell was the CEO of Activision, that way there wouldn't be a Call of Duty for a few years.
    There wouldn't be anything for a few years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,586 Posts
    Basically, if it says Call Of Duty and has Activisions logo on the box. It will always be Number 1.

Scratch that. If it has ANY logo on the box. Even a Middle Finger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Basically, if it says Call Of Duty and has Activisions logo on the box. It will always be Number 1.

Scratch that. If it has ANY logo on the box. Even a Middle Finger.
    Left 4 dead sold that and it did great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,615 Posts
    I don't really want battlefield taking call of duty's place. It would just make CODtards flock over and ruin a perfectly good game in several ways.
    At least EA is leaving dice alone for now.
    That's why I'm going to stick with Bad Company until it's truly dead. No servers or anything. The true CoD fans hate that game for the little swipes it takes at it.

35. Post #35
    May 2011
    165 Posts
    Its not like anyone likes EA .... Or Activision anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    all the drama.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,457 Posts
    I genuinely think that modern warfare shooters are the new WWII shooters. I want something new.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    23,132 Posts
    I genuinely think that modern warfare shooters are the new WWII shooters. I want something new.
    first person shooter/brawler during the crusades with crossbows

39. Post #39
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    first person shooter/brawler during the crusades with crossbows

Close enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,216 Posts

Close enough.
    But Imagine if some good Major company would pick this idea up...